EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

mellissalong

Brenbelle: I freaked out when they wanted to inject the epidural bbecause the nurses held on tight to me in case I jump. Really, the tube looked huge but when inserted into your spine, it numbs almost immediately therefore not feeling much pain. You won't feel anything at all once you have had the epidural, just slight tugging and pulling when they are about to pull the baby out... A little pressure may be felt also but 100% painless! I don't have a huge threshold for pain so if I say it's painless, you can be really assured!

As for the side effects, I experienced major shivering (partly because I was nervous also) and itching but normally, that subsides in the next hour. I took medication for itching though. =) as for the backaches, I rarely had them unless I overworked that day. TThis time round, I'll opt for epidural again! It's quite ok, really! =)

Brenbelle

Mellissalong :: Wish my experience can be like you, painless and recover fast. As the date draws nearer, my fears also increases. Will read more on side effects of epidural as I guess every individual is different. Thanks for sharing! :)

lizzy2101

Mellissalong :: Wish my experience can be like you, painless and recover fast. As the date draws nearer, my fears also increases. Will read more on side effects of epidural as I guess every individual is different. Thanks for sharing! :)
Dont be afraid Brenbelle, instinct will come to you when the time has come. I am NVDelivery without epi just because i can endure the pain and once you done it ones the pride of havin it again is always there.... But epidural except for the side effects after that is another diff experienced from what i heard, you can enjoy the labor with hubby and you can still push the baby out in a normal way without pain.. Always remember no one will applaud you for enduring the pain :p

Hiya ladies... Lots of you sharing about c-section. What about normal delivery? I'm planning for normal delivery but really apprehensive abt the "cut"! ;p

felicity

hi all... wow that's a lot of discussion! thanks to all for sharing :) i hv nothing to share cos first pregnancy... keke... i'm planning for normal without epidural... my colleagues did it and i usually have high threshold of pain (trained by my excruciating menstrual cramps since young)... i really hope i can cope with it!

today i'm supposed to be working at home but i'm so distracted! been looking at baby names and videos on strollers online with my hubby... wonder when is the next fair to go take a look at strollers etc...

Brenbelle

Thanks lizzy2101, it's my first pregnancy and somehow feel anxious & nervous, so need to gather more information. I really admire those having normal delivery withour epidural, thumbs up!

sora

Hello mummies!
How's everyone doing?
I've just booked my detailed scan to be done on 11 Apr @ KKH.
I hv headache non-stop almost everyday for the past wk.. & last sun, I went for a long walk w my dog to the park.. and... the back pain started~~ I've checked online.. think its most likely:
Posterior Pelvic Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Pain) in Pregnant Women « Musculoskeletal Consumer Review

Been talking q a lot of panadol... & tramadol (which i try to limit..) these days... sigh... v worried about how bb's doing...

felicity

hi sora and everyone!

my detailed scan is 13 april, 2 days after yours :)

i've tonnes of work to do, been working late everyday and sleeping like 4 hours a day... hope won't affect bb too... sigh~ and since i'm sitting sedentarily while working long hours, my lower back is starting to act up too :(

sora hope your pain goes away, and mine too!

sora

Hi Felicity!

Pls take care!! Prevention is always better than cure! I so regret taking dog to the park on a hot sunday to meet her doggie friends :p... haiz

Try to get as much rest as possible... Its no gd to just sleep 4 hrs a nite! no gd for bb yo... try talk to ur boss/ colleagues!!

btw, how's the dreamgenii? Is it gd? I v much need some gd sleep support...

tealeaf

hi everyone, hope you all do well :)

Felicity, like sora said, try to have more sleep, especially during weekend, if you can afford it :)
My coughing gets better today. Not much cough and phlegm. I am not sure whether it's because I often coughed last few days, sometimes I experienced a short sharp pain at my lower right abdomen (near pelvic area). Hopefully everything's alright for my baby.

I think I still have another month to go before the detailed scan. Looking fwd to it. I am quite excited

mommytobe

Hello everyone,
Im new here too. My estimated EDD by my dr is 17sept. This is my very first baby. I have no morning sickness and have gained about 5-6kg till now (currently 15weeks). I have done my OSCAR test at 13weeks. I was told by my gynae that my baby is growing normaly, only one day difference. Very happy with the results and much looking forward for my 20weeks ultrasound :) Worried about the delivery process though. Decided to have a vaginal delivery + epidural, to ease the pain.

mommytobe

anyone drink those bottle chicken essence? my blood test show me not enough blood and I feel tired easily. thinking to buy chicken essence.
Hi Juan,
My mom make chicken essence from real chicken and i drink it once every 2days. Use one whole chicken for each cooking, better to use black chicken. I used the double boiler machine, commonly sold everywhere (Tangs, Best etc..). It is very easy to cook, no other ingredients needed, except for the chicken itself. Im currently 15weeks pregnant, and have been drinking real chicken essence since week 6. My gynae told me that the baby grows very healthy, with normal size and measurement, only one day difference. Hope this helps :)

Juan

Thanks mommytobe, yes I do make the chicken essence myself also but sometimes you know we are expecting and lazy to do it.
So, I am thinking to drink the ready make bottle essence. I need to cook the bird nest myself also cos both my mum and mum in law are not in Singapore.

purpur

Ya talking abt bird nest, there r so many types in e market, which type is more suitable for pregnant woman to consume ?

felicity

wow u mummies are so hardworking! i never drink essence of chicken or birdnest or maternity milk... only take the supplements from gynae i guess should suffice ba?

can't wait for all my work to be done so i can finally get back to sleeping 5 - 6 hours a day... currently difficult to sleep early with all the deadlines so tight... can't lighten the load cos everyone else is just as packed as me!

yesterday i was so starved that i vomited... before yesterday i had a normal appetite, sometimes even no appetite, but today i was absolutely mad! i ate so much today omg... i had like double the usual amount of food i take in one entire day and still feel hungry! anyone getting sudden big appetite too? my appetite is scaring me! hubby says bb is a hungry hippo... once i feel hungry i eat because if i starve i'll vomit =/

yingzy

Hi Mummies to be,

I have 5 tommee tippee (3 white, 2 pink) 260ml brand new milk bottles to sell. 5 for 40 bucks.

Throwing in a pre-love white 150ml tommee tippee. Pick up location at old airport road.

rosemummy

Hi everyone!
Good to hear everyone is settling well.
I just settled my maternity leave with my boss.
Will be taking almost 5 months rest.
Heard from frens that the first 4-5months are most important for bonding and I really don wan to miss it!

My detailed scan is one more week and I hope everything is fine.

Based on gestation date, my baby is 3 days earlier. My EDD is 6 sep but my gestation due date is 3 sep. Anyone knows what it means?

I am ok so far except backache when I lie down straight at night. I am not comfy taking chicken essence or bird bird nest but I do take ensure milk with oats every morning. It helps gives me energy for the long day of work! I also take a lot of avocados!

I am waiting for to experience baby movements. Wonder how does it feel like?:)

Radical

Thanks mommytobe, yes I do make the chicken essence myself also but sometimes you know we are expecting and lazy to do it.
So, I am thinking to drink the ready make bottle essence. I need to cook the bird nest myself also cos both my mum and mum in law are not in Singapore.
Hi Juan, made your hubby cook the bird nest for you.
Ahh I'm so bad, your hubby will hate me :we2biglaugh:.
But seriously, self brew is still better if possible.

Brenbelle

I am also facing itchy skin and pimples problem. I tried phisogel shower cream but no use.
For stretch mark, I think I will try bio oil.
Nausea coming back this week :(
Hi Juan, I went to my GP yesterday and she recommended Erythromycin (Erygel) or Azelaic acid (Azelex, Finacea). Both medications are typically applied to the skin as a lotion or gel and are available by prescription. Hope this helps.