EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Jofeny

Im gonna try those too... Isetan also sells the cloth diapers for 30 bucks... How many do you think we need for the start?
Have u girls heard abt Facebook group "buzzy tots"? It's actually a group where mummies sell their pre-loved or new bb stuff at a discounted price. I think will save u quite a lot if u dun mind.

How many u need for a start depends on how fast u can wash n dry the nappies. Im the KS kind, I bought 24 pieces (2pkt). However now though I never use, I left some at my place, some at my mum n some at my in law place, for bb to use as blanket / pillow. So just nice.

Kary2500

Went to the expo sale, and got lotsa rompers :) i personally love babies in rompers... I got some in 0 - 3 months and some in 3 - 6 months.. Hoping my baby will be able to fit into all of them atleast a couple of times. Went later to Isetan, and picked up lotsa other things for baby, now I think I am almost ready..

Felicity - Was the taka fair worth going to? I'm thinking of going there sometime this week...

Jofeny - What type of cloth diapers did you use for your baby? I got a couple at the fair this morning, but both had just one insert.. Need to buy some more and wanna buy the inserts too separately... Even I think I will be lazy to wash the cloth diapers and may end up just using the disposable ones.. But was checking prices for the disposable ones, and its soo expensive.

Jofeny

I only bought the normal traditional kind of cloth diaper, not the insert kind. I bought like 24 pieces of white cloth kind n 5 diaper pants (I bought from Gmart $2.50 each without the inserts). I use the pants to wrap the traditional cloth instead.

Ya.. Diapers r not cheap. Especially if u do total breast feeding for the first month, bb can poo up to 10 times alone. However subsequently it will reduce. Now my bb 3 months plus n he is pooing at abt 3 times per day (mainly breastfeeding). So u jus do a quick count. Say every 4hrs diaper change, plus 3 change for poo.. It's around 10diapers. During sale got to grab the cheap n good ones (expo sale, huggies at $0.23 each. or during daytime, use cheaper alternatives, night time use better ones to prevent leaking).

Wet wipes. Now bb bigger n I'm more familiar, I'm using water n cotton to clean his shit when I'm at home. I used to b using wet wipes. So this will save some money.

Breastfeeding. Will save u a lot of money too. Of cos pump is exp too. I bought a cheaper alternative. $230 for dual auto pump foc 5 packet of storage bags. Now at 3 months if bb is not breastfeeding. Say using nan ($34 per tin, 1 month need 6) (enfa $45 per tin), you will b able to save like $200. I'm still using 1 tin per month cos want to introduce baby to fm. Of cos if there is a choice or not to do breastfeeding, cos some mummies really doesn't have milk so there is not much alternative.

felicity

Kary, if you have the time and still need other items can go down taka to take a look.. Until 5 aug so still have time. But they say there's this goodie bag for I think first 100 per day who spent dunno how much.. All goodie bags n freebies while stock lasts according to the sales personnel... We also got a freebie cos we spent over 900 bucks.. Not sure what it is though, a big box in a taka bag and 2 of us were struggling with so many bags we just quickly dropped everything off at the home delivery counter.. Will hv to wait for the items to be delivered. Spend over $150 eligible for home delivery, if taka card holder spend over $100 can go for home delivery...

I hv 24 cloth nappies that mil bought, will use during confinement, n 10 modern cloth diapers with insets from the previous expo fair... Hoping to minimize usage of disposable diapers...

rosemummy

Yup Jofeny
I found many good deals in Buzzy and even sold my old stuff! :)
Many good finds and advices from mummies too in buzzy!

Have u girls heard abt Facebook group "buzzy tots"? It's actually a group where mummies sell their pre-loved or new bb stuff at a discounted price. I think will save u quite a lot if u dun mind.

How many u need for a start depends on how fast u can wash n dry the nappies. Im the KS kind, I bought 24 pieces (2pkt). However now though I never use, I left some at my place, some at my mum n some at my in law place, for bb to use as blanket / pillow. So just nice.

Kary2500

Jofeny - Yea I've decided that I'm gonna use the disposable diapers for the first few weeks or a month atleast, till we get accustomed to being parents and the whole diaper changing part... Baby can poo upto 10 times??? OMG thats like alot of poo for a tiny baby, gonna be very tiring for the mommey and daddy.

Have you ladies bought a breast pump already? I'm a little confused if I should buy one now or wait till the baby is born... Because im gonna be stayin at home the whole time.

Felicity - Yea i'm gonna go to taka, cos I have nothing to do at home anyways... And my only source of exercising is walking in the malls :)

Eeneyminey - I have not been to the taka fair so dont know yet.. Isetan has the regular stuff, I dont really know the prices before the fair for most of it... But alot of boards put up saying 20% discount. I got the baby tub, an infant to toddler one, dont really remember the price and a breast feeding pillow for 36 bucks, which I thought was a steal...

Did any of you buy your nursing bras yet? Need to get that too, but not sure if I should buy it now or wait till end of August or early September... Cos I feel i'm becoming fatter by the minute these days and boobs also may grow much bigger...

Lingz12

Kary2500:674210 said:
JDid any of you buy your nursing bras yet? Need to get that too, but not sure if I should buy it now or wait till end of August or early September... Cos I feel i'm becoming fatter by the minute these days and boobs also may grow much bigger...
Yeah.. I oso wan to ask wen shld we be buying nursing bras? I rem reading somewhere that we shld wait till 1mth before delivery cos boobs will be more or less tat size.. Issit true? Also where can we buy those nursing bras?

Jofeny - Yea I've decided that I'm gonna use the disposable diapers for the first few weeks or a month atleast, till we get accustomed to being parents and the whole diaper changing part... Baby can poo upto 10 times??? OMG thats like alot of poo for a tiny baby, gonna be very tiring for the mommey and daddy.

Have you ladies bought a breast pump already? I'm a little confused if I should buy one now or wait till the baby is born... Because im gonna be stayin at home the whole time.

Felicity - Yea i'm gonna go to taka, cos I have nothing to do at home anyways... And my only source of exercising is walking in the malls :)

Eeneyminey - I have not been to the taka fair so dont know yet.. Isetan has the regular stuff, I dont really know the prices before the fair for most of it... But alot of boards put up saying 20% discount. I got the baby tub, an infant to toddler one, dont really remember the price and a breast feeding pillow for 36 bucks, which I thought was a steal...

Did any of you buy your nursing bras yet? Need to get that too, but not sure if I should buy it now or wait till end of August or early September... Cos I feel i'm becoming fatter by the minute these days and boobs also may grow much bigger...

I've been using nursing bra since early of my pregnancy. My cup size has grown enormous as compared to pre preg. I bought few more during expo fair last weekend, bought wired ones for $30 and non wired one for $20. I feel using wired ones to go out gives more support, but i will use non wired one at home during confinement. So far i have 4 wired nursing bra and 2 non wired one, might need to buy more for non wired one..

Kary2500

Ive seen nursing bras at Isetan, they have more of the underwire ones and a few of the wireless... Mothercare also has, but ive still not checked it out there...

Kary2500

Can we use the wired ones in the beginning? I'm more comfortable with the wired ones, but read somewhere that we should not use the wired ones as our breasts will be all sore...

Can we use the wired ones in the beginning? I'm more comfortable with the wired ones, but read somewhere that we should not use the wired ones as our breasts will be all sore...

Ya i actually read something like that too. But so far i've been using the wired ones, i feel more comfy on it and more support. Maybe during breastfeeding then cannot wear? I'm not so sure. But when we sleep i think should wear non-wired ones.

mflee1312

its been awhile. how's all mummies doing??? im currently in my 31st wk and am thinking of doing a 3d scan. any mummies out there done a 3d scan and any recommendation as my gynae doesnt hv the facilities to do it. and also wats the charges like??

Brenbelle

its been awhile. how's all mummies doing??? im currently in my 31st wk and am thinking of doing a 3d scan. any mummies out there done a 3d scan and any recommendation as my gynae doesnt have the facilities to do it. and also wats the charges like??
Hi, I did a 4D scan at Thomson Medical Center at week 28. 3D is mainly pictures, 4D includes a video of the baby movement. The cost for 3D should be around $220+, 5% discount if you are holding FBI card.

Last edited:

Brenbelle

Any mummies facing any HBP or high protein issues in the 3rd trimester? I have been having very high BP and slight protein in my urine traces into my 31st week, now on medication & under constant monitoring by my gynae now. Kinda worrying.. :(

rosemummy

Hi

I have attempted to do a 3D scan but my baby's position is down facing my spine so ended up can't see a thing at all! :p

its been awhile. how's all mummies doing??? im currently in my 31st wk and am thinking of doing a 3d scan. any mummies out there done a 3d scan and any recommendation as my gynae doesnt hv the facilities to do it. and also wats the charges like??

Jofeny

Yes, if bb during first month is on total bf, bb can shit up to 10times partly they r expelling the stuff in their tummy when they r in the womb. After which will get lesser. Mine during first month on night feed fm, shit abt 7 times a day. Until now is abt 3 times a day. Those on total formula now might b once a day.

Breast pump - I got small breast so that time I also Duno if I shd get. Medela is too exp for me to risk because if I wan, I wan auto dual pump. I end up getting a cheaper mom forte pump from Korea at $230. I think that price is reasonable for me to take a risk. I only latch bb the first 2-3 weeks, subsequently, I expressed the milk out once I got my supply. Reason being, it's extremely tiring to carry n bf, u will know soon. ESP my bb is quite bad tempered, I think my nipple might b gone (he tore it off with his mouth) if I bf longer. Also expressed u can monitor the volume that bb eats n easier to estimate the time. For my bb, 30ml can last him 1hr. So now he is drinking 150ml, he can roughly last 5 hrs without milk. I would say breast pump helped me to get my supply faster. Because bb initially doesn't know how to latch n they r not as "experienced" suckers (because ur milk wun reach so soon too), the initial days he will b like jus playing with your nipple. Suck for nothing. I use breast pump in hospital to get my nipple activated n yes, it helps. I collected my first milk using a pump when I'm eating n watching tv in the hospital. So happy. Quickly pass it to the nurse n she gave it to my son.

I didn't get any breast pillows cos I think it's waste of money. Of cos I have frens who say it's good, but I'm fine with jus using normal pillow initially.

I didn't get any nursing bra. During preggy I jus bought 5 bra extenders n use. After bb out I jus remove the extenders, that's all. When pumping or breast feeding, I prefer to remove my top n feed. I think it's easier. Either breastfeed or pump, there bound to b leakage. N it's easier to jus clean the whole area. With nursing bra the milk might b stained on the bra n u will need to change the bra. It depends on how u wan to do it.

Last edited:

Jofeny

Ya i actually read something like that too. But so far i've been using the wired ones, i feel more comfy on it and more support. Maybe during breastfeeding then cannot wear? I'm not so sure. But when we sleep i think should wear non-wired ones.
I didn't buy any special bra during n after preggy. Yes sometimes breast will b a bit sore (engorged), but it's not those until u can't wear normal bra kind. I dun see the need to buy. Save the money to buy better diapers. Ha.

In fact I didn't buy any maternity wear. At home I wear my hubby clothes. I did buy a few those baggy clothes from Gmart, each ard $10? Those normal clothes but larger sized, n u jus wear with tights. Maternity wear is crazily expensive n ugly.

Last edited:
Yes, if bb during first month is on total bf, bb can shit up to 10times partly they r expelling the stuff in their tummy when they r in the womb. After which will get lesser. Mine during first month on night feed fm, shit abt 7 times a day. Until now is abt 3 times a day. Those on total formula now might b once a day.

Breast pump - I got small breast so that time I also Duno if I shd get. Medela is too exp for me to risk because if I wan, I wan auto dual pump. I end up getting a cheaper mom forte pump from Korea at $230. I think that price is reasonable for me to take a risk. I only latch bb the first 2-3 weeks, subsequently, I expressed the milk out once I got my supply. Reason being, it's extremely tiring to carry n bf, u will know soon. ESP my bb is quite bad tempered, I think my nipple might b gone (he tore it off with his mouth) if I bf longer. Also expressed u can monitor the volume that bb eats n easier to estimate the time. For my bb, 30ml can last him 1hr. So now he is drinking 150ml, he can roughly last 5 hrs without milk. I would say breast pump helped me to get my supply faster. Because bb initially doesn't know how to latch n they r not as "experienced" suckers (because ur milk wun reach so soon too), the initial days he will b like jus playing with your nipple. Suck for nothing. I use breast pump in hospital to get my nipple activated n yes, it helps. I collected my first milk using a pump when I'm eating n watching tv in the hospital. So happy. Quickly pass it to the nurse n she gave it to my son.

I didn't get any breast pillows cos I think it's waste of money. Of cos I have frens who say it's good, but I'm fine with jus using normal pillow initially.

I didn't get any nursing bra. During preggy I jus bought 5 bra extenders n use. After bb out I jus remove the extenders, that's all. When pumping or breast feeding, I prefer to remove my top n feed. I think it's easier. Either breastfeed or pump, there bound to b leakage. N it's easier to jus clean the whole area. With nursing bra the milk might b stained on the bra n u will need to change the bra. It depends on how u wan to do it.

You remind me to add to my notes to bring breast pump to the hospital.. ^^

As for leakage, i thought we can just use breast pads?