EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

felicity

Looks like all of us have lotsa question marks over the breast feeding issues.... I think even reading doesn't help cos I just dun understand.... Maybe there shld be more hands on course/classes on breast feeding.... Like home economics..hahah

I hv been having the diaharrea feeling quite frequently.. But it's just feeling... Nothing comes out when I go to the toilet... Is this a sign? My gynae meeting will be this Friday and thereafter it'll be a weekly meeting with her Le... Soooo nervous! N I'm so sad!!! Two weeks ago my gynae was still saying "so gd ah no stretch marks..." n then yesterday I noticed lines near my belly button!!!! ;(((( but it's just e corner of it.. Sigh... Seems like applying more n early doesn't help.. If it comes it comes..... ;(

Just had my 1st coconut! Cos mummy says start of 37 weeks then can hv coconut once a week... Then now hv to start drinking barley chrysanthemum..etc ;))))))

Just felt a sudden pain but lasted only a second.. Its the 2nd time in 15mins.... Is this Braxton hick? Wats it suppose to feel like?

Also does any mummies out there feel a sudden rush of blood to ur head? I hv this feeling a few times in a day....n I've been feeling very warm lately... All day just wanna stay in e aircon room.... Is this considered hot flushes? Hmmm...

Felicity.. Can't imagine how u'll survive on apple n carrot.. Cos I get so hungry easily nowadays... Time is ticking for us now... Haha I m hoping baby will come out end of 38 weeks!!!! But a bit of mix feelings cos that means end of honeymoon with my hubby.... Cos mil will come n stay with us after that...boooooooooooooo better enjoy now....
i was having the poo feeling the whole day yesterday too! but today not so bad le... ermm i dunno how to survive on the hello kitty diet also... i get hungry easily and without my carbs, i don't think i will even hv energy to climb the 3 lvls up to my staffroom! >< today so far had sandwich for breakfast and 'laopo bing' just now b4 my lesson.. my MIL bought and packed for me to bring to work, so hubby cannot complain! :p otherwise he sure say i this cannot eat that cannot eat like ytd after my gynae appt..

i dun hv the hot flush feeling yet... but bb is v crowded inside keep moving around in the v tight and confined space making it quite uncomfortable but i cannot imagine it's v uncomfy for the bb to be stuck inside too... always hv to tell bb to endure... 2 more weeks!! haha... sometimes feel she can't wait to come out and play.

me feeling v warm for past few days too! whether in aircon or not also perspiring nonstop!! >< now having achy back after standing/walking around for the past 1 hr in one of my classes.. luckily i get a break, if not should be 3 hr lessons back to back w a lot of stairs climbing in between...

erlina hello! how's teaching? now i'm having a break cos for this class a colleague taking over already... this is my last week in sch but still so hectic! i slp late because everyday i'm marking/setting paper till late >< your ML will come soon~ all the best! :D

Anyone bought those breastfeeding supplements like fenugreek or organic teas? Was thinking to get either sacred tea or mother's milk tea actually, but then someone else recommended malunggay tea. so many choices!!!

Lolz.. am i allowed to agree with your gynae?! hahahhaa.. you were so biggg when you were born!! But your baby is really in a good weight.. I wanted a big and chubby baby too, easier to take care and doesnt look so fragile i think. But with my body size, i think i wont be able to push out a 3kg baby.. sighz..

Anyway, as long as baby healthy, mummy healthy, who cares!!

Btw i'm starting to climbing up and down staircase in my office now. About 3-4 stories up and down, hopefully can help me dilate faster.. by the time i reach office, my leg feels like falling off alrd.. Felicity, i really dunno how u can stand it all this while.. thumbs up for you again!
eeney, how come u wanna dilate so soon? i thought still quite early? my gynae said i can only start walking ard more after wk 36... =\

Looks like all of us have lotsa question marks over the breast feeding issues.... I think even reading doesn't help cos I just dun understand.... Maybe there shld be more hands on course/classes on breast feeding.... Like home economics..hahah

I hv been having the diaharrea feeling quite frequently.. But it's just feeling... Nothing comes out when I go to the toilet... Is this a sign? My gynae meeting will be this Friday and thereafter it'll be a weekly meeting with her Le... Soooo nervous! N I'm so sad!!! Two weeks ago my gynae was still saying "so gd ah no stretch marks..." n then yesterday I noticed lines near my belly button!!!! ;(((( but it's just e corner of it.. Sigh... Seems like applying more n early doesn't help.. If it comes it comes..... ;(

Just had my 1st coconut! Cos mummy says start of 37 weeks then can hv coconut once a week... Then now hv to start drinking barley chrysanthemum..etc ;))))))

Just felt a sudden pain but lasted only a second.. Its the 2nd time in 15mins.... Is this Braxton hick? Wats it suppose to feel like?

Also does any mummies out there feel a sudden rush of blood to ur head? I hv this feeling a few times in a day....n I've been feeling very warm lately... All day just wanna stay in e aircon room.... Is this considered hot flushes? Hmmm...

Felicity.. Can't imagine how u'll survive on apple n carrot.. Cos I get so hungry easily nowadays... Time is ticking for us now... Haha I m hoping baby will come out end of 38 weeks!!!! But a bit of mix feelings cos that means end of honeymoon with my hubby.... Cos mil will come n stay with us after that...boooooooooooooo better enjoy now....
yea, i think v hard to avoid having stretchmarks... i have a lot a lot of red stretchmarks at my tummy/thighs/butt... even though i apply the stretchmarks cream everyday...

when you have a contraction, ur tummy will become rock-hard... and u'll have a breathless feeling... like there's a vacuum inside ur body... braxton hick is supposed to be painless, if i'm not wrong... if it's painful contractions, then i think is labour contractions...

felicity

omg i just had this super painful cramp in class but i dun wan to create hoohaa in the already dramatic sec 2 class and furthermore they having a test so i just tried to pull a straight face throughout the lesson and now back in staffroom.. the cramp also gg away... i hope it's not contraction i hv 3 more days in sch!! but now the cramp gg away i feel better le...

my tummy like all the time also rock hard now >< cos bb v big and stretch until v tight!

erlina040

Hi Felicity, I just moved on to a new school, so manageable workload. If it's still old school, will have lots to clear and busy with graduating class. Anyway, you are taking your maternity leave from next week onwards? I'm thinking of taking at week 39, not sure if it's too risky.

eeney, how come u wanna dilate so soon? i thought still quite early? my gynae said i can only start walking ard more after wk 36... =\

Lolz.. actually mrs wong also said to walk around from 36wks onwards.. but i wanna start ealier to boost up some energy level. coz so far during this pregnancy, i did not do any exercise at all.. not even yoga or swimming! my only exercise is walking around. So i thought i wanna boost up my endurance level by climbing stairs.. hehhehee.. and to hope can help dilate during labor too.

i dont wish to deliver early than scheduled though... gosh i hope not..

Lingz12

Jofeny:681319 said:
Hi, would just like to share my experience.

Glass bottles pls dun use. I broke 3 of mine when it froze (maybe u read my thread earlier?) I use cos i was given foc n didn't know the glass bottle which is commonly used to store milk cracks easily.

Yes milk bags r expensive. Average at ard $0.3 each. Bags r good because no need to steralise n u can flatten/ pack at a certain volume to freeze them. so when u defrost u melt the exact volume that u wan (freshness). That is if u wan. U can freeze n pack the bag to full n defrost also can. But some of the leftovers u got to put in the fridge n use for next feed.

I recommend plastic bottles for daily use in the fridge, got excess then freeze in the freezer. Plastic bottles cheaper in the long run. Ya, some plastic bottles r ridiculously priced. Im using avent (blue caps bottles) n I bought from Facebook group (buzzy tots). I bought second hand from the mummies there n it's new. Each ard $2 each. I bought 6 (180ml). Because I bought many milk bottles, sometimes I also just use the milk bottles to store the milk straight.

Honestly to me, I feel it's quite impossible to pump n bf at the same time. I recall having this "debate" with a mummy in the forum. U can jus use a pillow n imagine it's your baby.

2 hands carry the baby n aiming the "mouth" at your breast (cradle position). Say bb head on your left hand n your right hand supporting the butt. Baby will move, so u need to use your left hand to adjust the height, n right hand to pull/position your nipple into your bb mouth. This position frankly is very tiring if u try to sustain for long. Bb is clueless de. They wun know where is the breast n they will jus keep Turing the head n look for food. Imagine head turning left right left right, n even if your nipple is in their mouth (u r lucky if they dun attempt to rip your nipple out as they turn their head), the angle that they reach your nipple might b not so good (kinked position) n they can't suck correctly. U have to continuously adjust your 2 hands to get into a comfy position. Of cos it might b better with a help of a breast pillow. I din buy, I jus use normal pillow.

N when u pump, u need to hold the funnel to your breast (n massage at the same time). Unless u have 4 hands, else I think it's tough.

Imagine 1 hand to support the head, 1 hand to position your nipple/support the butt, 1 hand to support the funnel n 1 hand to massage the breast that u r pumping (optional).

Yes, on n off bb comes to a stable position n u might have free hands, but honestly u wun b able to handle so many things. U shd b enjoying the bb n see how the cute face sucking your breast instead of dividing your mind n trying to balance a funnel on the other breast.

U might b really able to pump n breastfeed at the same time, if u r able to get those hands free pump. I googled n they have this special bra, that is v tight n allows one funnel to b attached to it n pump, without u using your hand. But then again, do u need to b so efficient that u need to do all of these together? U will feel super sucky. I always tell my Fren I feel like a sugar cane, being sucked dry dry. N the hands free pump is costly.

Yes once bb suck, the other side will leak. Initially my hubby use another bottle to help me collect the dripping milk, then, I start to support the pump bottle (with the funnel) to collect my milk using my arm n my body (like how a aunty put the handbag under her arm). then I realised it's v tough n bm cause itchiness. If it's dripped out n not cleaned immediately, u or the baby will get rashes.

Some mummies use breast shells + nursing bra to collect the dripping milk. I wanted to try. But the shells r expensive ($30) for a pair. I can buy a tin of milk with that amt! Then end up I gave up trying to catch the dripping milk. I jus position my breast pad (half my body wearing bra) to suck the leaking milk

It's really your choice how u wan to do it. Frankly a lot depends on how much milk u have. Usually if u have more, u wouldn't mind the wastage. But if u have little, every drip is a lot. N if it means a lot, then u got to think how long u wan to bf n how much u r willing to invest. Initially i tot I will b bf for a while only, So I din spend extra to buy on other stuff except for the pump n bottle. I din even get any nursing bra/maternity wear because i dun wish to have a hill of stuff that I wun need a few months later.

It's your choice really. N dun vex cos when it comes, u will know what to do. It's good to b aware now but dun b too stressed up. There r simply too many possibilities now to worry. Jia you.
Thanks Jofeny! It's nice to have experienced mummies here to share and advise cos I'm totally clueless.. I guess really have to learn as we go along.. :D

felicity

yup thanks Jofeny for sharing! ^^

yup erlina i take from 38th week onwards, cos many of my colleagues popped in 37th week... i dunno mine can last until which week though >< i hope until 39th week... this week packed with work... i still hope i hv next week to settle some of my own stuff. :)

i came back home, changed and saw more stretchmarks on the spot where i had cramps earlier! omg bb overstretching my poor bump T_T

reiann

any mothers-to-be delivering at Gleneagles?

have you all started laundering your baby's clothes? if yes, what detergent do you use?

any of you using cloth diapers? which brand will you be using? (I'm thinking of using bumwear prefolds, and then later moving onto bumwear diapers)

for those who have had experience with breast feeding: I intend to breast feed, of course, but I don't know if I should buy a breast pump now or later. should I get one now? or only a few weeks before I start work?

are there any of you planning to travel/go on a holiday with your baby anytime soon? hm, am I the only (crazy) one thinking of a trip in December?!

eeneymeeney: let's talk about vaccinations. I'm not keen on the idea of my baby having a jab of viruses on the first day of being born, either, and I have heard and read about the risk of vaccinations. when is your EDD? I may want to opt out of several vaccinations until my baby is slightly older.

kbph75

Short Trip Getaway : 2D1N Harris Batam Spa Bliss For Two (Worth S$196) selling at S$100/- Nett.
Hi hii, looking for a short trip getaway with your love ones. Good news. I am selling one gift voucher of 2D1N Harris Batam Spa Bliss For Two (Worth S$196) selling at S$100/-. Voucher valid till 31st Dec 2012.

I have won the gift voucher recently during my Aug 2012 holiday. I already went there a few times and decided to sell off.

Anyone interested you can contact / whatsapp / SMS (Kelvin Bay H/P :96305352) for more info. I will forward you the details of T&C. No obligation

Thanks .​

yup thanks Jofeny for sharing! ^^

yup erlina i take from 38th week onwards, cos many of my colleagues popped in 37th week... i dunno mine can last until which week though >< i hope until 39th week... this week packed with work... i still hope i hv next week to settle some of my own stuff. :)

i came back home, changed and saw more stretchmarks on the spot where i had cramps earlier! omg bb overstretching my poor bump T_T

I kept asking hubby every few nights if my stretch marks come out alrd or not, coz i cannot really see under the bump now alrd. He kept saying dont have.. Then last night i was so curious, tummy stretched out sooooo huge cannot be dont have, somemore i know i'm prune to have stretch marks, since last time when i have problems with my weight gain, i alrd have stretch marks on my boobs and waist. I used mirrors to see under the bump and spent like 15mins on the mirror to really see clearly the lines.. AND YUP! i got it!!! red red lines.... haihhh...

When i told hubby, he said.. "oh those... i thought is blood veins!" geesshh.. =.=""

any mothers-to-be delivering at Gleneagles?

have you all started laundering your baby's clothes? if yes, what detergent do you use?

any of you using cloth diapers? which brand will you be using? (I'm thinking of using bumwear prefolds, and then later moving onto bumwear diapers)

for those who have had experience with breast feeding: I intend to breast feed, of course, but I don't know if I should buy a breast pump now or later. should I get one now? or only a few weeks before I start work?

are there any of you planning to travel/go on a holiday with your baby anytime soon? hm, am I the only (crazy) one thinking of a trip in December?!

eeneymeeney: let's talk about vaccinations. I'm not keen on the idea of my baby having a jab of viruses on the first day of being born, either, and I have heard and read about the risk of vaccinations. when is your EDD? I may want to opt out of several vaccinations until my baby is slightly older.

I've washed all the baby clothes that i have currently. still waiting some more coming when my mum and relatives coming over this weekend. I'm using baby detergent, i think pigeon brand. i cant really remember though. got it at motherhood fair way back.

My mum bought 2 dozen of those traditional kind of cloth diapers. I doubt she will have the time and energy to wash those while she still have to help me do confinement and i have no maid.

My edd is 29 sept, saw your pm and already replied you.. ^^ But i think my inbox will be full soon, i've already given you my email add, can just email me if you wanna reply me..

I want to go holiday with my baby, but hard to plan now coz baby also not pop out yet. need to plan her condition after birth and during the first month. so far my only confirmed trip is to go back hubby hometown during cny. not exactly the kind of holiday that i have in mind though.. hahahha but that kinda give me a goal to look forward too. keep thinking to plump up my baby chubby chubby and cute cute and prepare lots of cutesy things for people to admire her with.. HAHAHHAHAHA.. crazy mama, i know..

Juan

My Edd is 28 Sept too, today is my gynae appt. I will be delivered at Parkway East
Regarding the spray, hospital giving bottle type and you need to apply with the cotton.
But my gynae gave me the spray type for my first delivered. So, I think he will give me this time also.
I had pile and it start pain yesterday. Now walking or sitting also pain :(
Company already employ temp staff to cover my job, hope to have a peaceful maternity leave this time.
I have lots of call during my first maternity 3 years ago!

felicity

my feet are super swollen! even my colleagues all :eek: when they see my 'pig trotters'... super duper swollen! (T_T)

my mil bought 2 dozens cloth nappies from bangkok, washed them, packed them and i've brought them over to my parents' place where i'm doing confinement. i hv no domestic helper but i guess i'm fortunate i hv v helpful MIL and mum... i dunno wat they used to wash all my bb clothes... so far all they wash... but i've bought the pigeon laundry detergent, one bottle for my mum and another bottle and refills at home for MIL to use. i've also bought the bumwear cloth diapers for later use... because i dun like disposable diapers... since young i'm not into it dunno why. my mum says i nv worn disposable diapers, everytime she put on i will tear it off :eek:

anyone using instagram? i've been sharing some pics of my bb bump etc... if wanna add on another can pm me ur usename ^^

a colleague just came to tell me super swollen feet is a sign that bb is coming soon cos engaged and pressing on the veins so bad circulation... omg dun scare me :eek:

Lingz12

felicity:681760 said:
my feet are super swollen! even my colleagues all :eek: when they see my 'pig trotters'... super duper swollen! (T_T)

my mil bought 2 dozens cloth nappies from bangkok, washed them, packed them and i've brought them over to my parents' place where i'm doing confinement. i hv no domestic helper but i guess i'm fortunate i hv v helpful MIL and mum... i dunno wat they used to wash all my bb clothes... so far all they wash... but i've bought the pigeon laundry detergent, one bottle for my mum and another bottle and refills at home for MIL to use. i've also bought the bumwear cloth diapers for later use... because i dun like disposable diapers... since young i'm not into it dunno why. my mum says i nv worn disposable diapers, everytime she put on i will tear it off :eek:

anyone using instagram? i've been sharing some pics of my bb bump etc... if wanna add on another can pm me ur usename ^^

a colleague just came to tell me super swollen feet is a sign that bb is coming soon cos engaged and pressing on the veins so bad circulation... omg dun scare me :eek:
I oso use Pigeon laundry detergent to wash the bb items that I bought.. Those hand-me-downs that MIL pass to me, I dunno wat she use to wash though..

Felicity.. Dun worry too much.. I have swollen pig trotters since 24 weeks.. Now, I have already forgotten how my pre-preggie feet looks like.. So it is not necessarily an indication of bb coming.. *wink*

Lolz.. my ex colleague just posted her swollen feet on FB few days ago. she's scheduled for c sect in a week! many commented on her pic the same thing that ur fellow colleague said, because baby engage alrd and will come out soon. but i'm a first time mum, so i cant say for sure.. hahhahaa..

I got instagram, but i dont really post anything there. if u dont mind sharing, my username is: eeneyminey

reiann

really heartening to hear other mums to be using reusable cloth diapers! :) that's really encouraging and great for the environment. some people think I'm mad to even consider it.. but hey, it makes economic and environmental sense, so why not?!

I heard that detergent powder is needed to wash baby diapers, and not liquid. I'm not sure if pigeon detergent is suitable for baby diapers? especially the diaper cover (not the cloth nappies).

My EDD Sept 27 :D but this is my 3rd so prolly will come out early, I've been getting alot of uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions and pain down there whenever baby kicks, my baby boy name Ethan too :p anyway, try to rest and dont get stress.. To early to give birth for you, try to relax till 37 weeks after that doctor can jab steroids for the baby so it will be fully develop incase he really wanna come out (that's what happened to my friend)...
wahhhhh 3rd one!!! :D what are the names of ur no. 1 and no. 2?

yea i already got the steroid jabs during my hospital stay... they're supposed to make the baby's lungs mature faster...

ya sometimes when baby moves/kicks, it feels like he's kicking my cervix open... >.<

felicity

Lolz.. my ex colleague just posted her swollen feet on FB few days ago. she's scheduled for c sect in a week! many commented on her pic the same thing that ur fellow colleague said, because baby engage alrd and will come out soon. but i'm a first time mum, so i cant say for sure.. hahhahaa..

I got instagram, but i dont really post anything there. if u dont mind sharing, my username is: eeneyminey
i've sent request to ur instagram ^^ i just shared a pic of my swollen feet =x today whole day i hv connection problem, only just now i reboot my phone then managed to go online and one shot sent 3 pics (was taken at different timing but couldn't upload) at one go in instagram... i'm quite an instagram addict :p

i'm still telling my bb... pls wait till 39th week!! don't pop yet!!!