Feeding your little ones...pls share

snowbear

do you all grind up the oats into powder or just use normal rolled oats? ive always been grinding up into powder but now that my girl is older, i thought if trying to cook it without grinding up.. dont know can or not.. i usually use 1/4 cup grounded oats and 1 cup water
You can look for baby oats in the organic section in the supermarket. I think Japan should have baby oats as well. :)

annie

oh. i always use rolled oats and grind into powder. recently bought organic rolled oats.. i never see baby oats though i did try to search before. i bought those ingredients online..grinding oats is not really troublesome but then i thought i can change the consistency of her food a bit on and off . hehe. most of the time i add fruits to the cereal but at times i do add veg also.

i thought grinding up brown rice a bit troublesome cos still need to wash and toast...so i bought brown rice powder online but i tried making it.. strange strange . the consistency is super sticky. like those malt sweet! (mai4 ya2 tang2). so now dont know wanna continue using that powder or just continue grinding up my brown rice or might as well cook the brown rice as porridge for her. dont need to grind if make into poridge . hehe.

btw, today i bought spinach for my girl cos i read from a japanese recipe book that it is high in iron and can give baby once they are 5-6mths old! but i read the wholesome baby food website states 10-12mths! so confusing...

Last edited:

annie

anyone knows wats the difference between those mini tomatoes and those normal ones? which is nicer and which is more nutritious? TIA

annie

great! any idea whats is the differnece between the nutitive value compare to the normal big ones? i wanna try giving my girl tomatoes next hehe. what do we do about tomatoes? do we need to skin or remove any seeds or wat? ive never taken any tomatoes in my life..