Feeding your little ones...pls share

snowbear

Hi mummies,

What food do you feed when your baby is having high fever??? My dear daughter is having high fever since wednesday and my friend told mi dont feed her porridge cos she got fever ... sure no appetite to eat... and it will be wasted also if she dont want to eat, i only give her milk, bread or biscuit... isit true?? Anyone pls advise??? Thanks
Usually when they're sick they won't want to eat much solids and may wanna drink more milk. In any case, i'd still cook porridge to try if she'd like to have any... If she eats, good; if not, just try to offer something else. If nothing else works, usually milk does... :)

vonn81

Hi mummies,

What food do you feed when your baby is having high fever??? My dear daughter is having high fever since wednesday and my friend told mi dont feed her porridge cos she got fever ... sure no appetite to eat... and it will be wasted also if she dont want to eat, i only give her milk, bread or biscuit... isit true?? Anyone pls advise??? Thanks
Ya my mum did tell me say fever better dun give porridge/any rice base food wor...dunno how true...think thats the old tales being pass down?? Anyway i try to follow lor....my dd also having slight fever, but her appetite still ok. I did not give her porride. I steam fish with fresh mushroom and give her macoroni. today i gave her oats for bf then sweet potato soup for lunch. she still drinks milk. I din give biscuit wor...scare too heaty...let her drink more water.

snowbear

Ya my mum did tell me say fever better dont give porridge/any rice base food ...dont know how true...think thats the old tales being pass down?? Anyway i try to follow ....my dear daughter also having slight fever, but her appetite still ok. I did not give her porride. I steam fish with fresh mushroom and give her macoroni. today i gave her oats for bf then sweet potato soup for lunch. she still drinks milk. I did not give biscuit ...scare too heaty...let her drink more water.
What type of oats do u give? I just bought some oats cereal from the organic shop at great world for dd again... there's an elmo on the packaging... she has refused cereal since 9 months. Hope she can accept this...

vonn81

What type of oats do you give? I just bought some oats cereal from the organic shop at great world for dear daughter again... there's an elmo on the packaging... she has refused cereal since 9 months. Hope she can accept this...

i bought organic baby oats from NTUC. not cereal leh...the organic section there. it cooks very fast too...i put 3.5 tbl spoonful to cook with water. then add what fruit u wanna give lor...u see what she likes....hope she will take what u bought...:)

stonston

i bought organic baby oats from NTUC. not cereal ...the organic section there. it cooks very fast too...i put 3.5 tbl spoonful to cook with water. then add what fruit you wanna give ...you see what she likes....hope she will take what you bought...:)
did ur baby like the baby oats? :D
it's very affordable right? at least now it's easily available at NTUC or bigger supermarkets. last time when i first feed my son, must go to organic shop to buy n we always go to tanglin mall (once a week) to buy my boy's food.

vonn81

did your baby like the baby oats? :D
it's very affordable right? at least now it's easily available at NTUC or bigger supermarkets. last time when i first feed my son, must go to organic shop to buy and we always go to tanglin mall (once a week) to buy my boy's food.

yes she like it....at 1st i use the organic instant one..but that not easy to get ...so i decided to try the NTUC ones. And its also fast to cook...mayb baby oats smaller so cook faster. Ya the price is affordable...i only give organic brown rice mix and organic oats...not all the things are organic . vege i use normal ones....kekek

crystal79

Hi mummies,

Thanks for the advise.... today i try to cook porridge for her but dunno y she vomit all the food out during the lunch and dinner.... OMG i feel tat it seems like she did not take any porridge today since she vomit all out (except during milk feeding).... For lunch time porridge feeding, i think its my fault coz after her porridge i straight away feed her medicine... Heard from my fren say tat shld wait for 30 to 45 mins then give her medicine.... but the dinner time porridge feeding....i give her the porridge (not yet taken her medicine) , she oso vomit all out.... Haiz so stressful of giving her porridge...:embarrassed:

snowbear

i bought organic baby oats from NTUC. not cereal ...the organic section there. it cooks very fast too...i put 3.5 tbl spoonful to cook with water. then add what fruit you wanna give ...you see what she likes....hope she will take what you bought...:)
Ok, just realised that it's not oat cereal but Organic Yummy Tummy Instant oatmeal by Earth's Best. Haha... have not tried it yet. Maybe tomorrow... :001_302: She crazy again just yday. Was eating very well then suddenly yday everything i gave her she'll just eat 2 spoons then spit out... sigh...

Just fed her Healthy Times Teddy Puffs mixed with bm. She likes it so at least she's eating some sort of "cereal". It serves as finger food as well as cereal for toddlers. She loves it as finger food too.

Can cook the oats with water? Will it still be of a creamy texture? Thought need to add milk. Been thinking of how to express my breast milk for that purpose. Tried a couple of times hand expressing recently: tiring...

How much water you put for 3.5tablespoon full of oats? you use a measuring spoon or the normal metal spoon?

Last edited:

snowbear

Hi mummies,

Thanks for the advise.... today i try to cook porridge for her but dont know why she vomit all the food out during the lunch and dinner.... OMG i feel that it seems like she did not take any porridge today since she vomit all out (except during milk feeding).... For lunch time porridge feeding, i think its my fault coz after her porridge i straight away feed her medicine... Heard from my friend say that shld wait for 30 to 45 mins then give her medicine.... but the dinner time porridge feeding....i give her the porridge (not yet taken her medicine) , she also vomit all out.... sigh so stressful of giving her porridge...:embarrassed:
Dun worry. When she recovers, things will pick up. Just let her take whatever she can eat now... :)

annie

snowbear, i usually cook 1/4 cup of oats then add 1 cup of water. i dun add milk. looks fine to me. sometimes my girl can finish this amt in 1 meal but sometimes she can only finish them in 3-4meals..

anyway my girl these few days also same as alicia, eat 1-2 mouth only dun want liao. she dun spit them out but then she keep her mouth close very tightly.. so everyday i end up throwing food. dunno wat happen to her also..

snowbear

snowbear, i usually cook 1/4 cup of oats then add 1 cup of water. i dont add milk. looks fine to me. sometimes my girl can finish this amt in 1 meal but sometimes she can only finish them in 3-4meals..

anyway my girl these few days also same as alicia, eat 1-2 mouth only dont want . she dont spit them out but then she keep her mouth close very tightly.. so everyday i end up throwing food. dont know what happen to her also..
When alicia was 7-8months old she was eating very well. She'd eat 1 full bowl of porridge with fish and veg at noon, another bowl of cereal with veg and meat in the afternoon and another bowl with veg/fruit in the evening and another meal of fruits at about 9pm. Then when she reached 9months, she just stopped eating everything that she used to eat (except fruits) and began eating like a bird... dont know why also. Sigh. For the past week she started eating well again but yday start her nonsense again... :(

annie

lol babies keep changing their pattern. i was saying to my fren that bb are like fashion. they keep changing n we (parents) keep chasing. never ending lol. like fashion n technology... ever changing n we need to always update lol.

her eatng pattern is like my girl's sleep... like this mth sleeping well then suddenly dunno y keep waking up for a few weeks then sleep well again.. my girl's eating pattern fluctuate more often.. eg today eat alot, tmr dun even open mouth...or 2-3days eat alot then after that dun eat etc..alicia eat so much when she younger! wow... my girl not as big eater..

snowbear

lol babies keep changing their pattern. i was saying to my friend that baby are like fashion. they keep changing and we (parents) keep chasing. never ending lol. like fashion and technology... ever changing and we need to always update lol.
haha... what an apt illustration. :tlaugh:

her eatng pattern is like my girl's sleep... like this month sleeping well then suddenly dont know why keep waking up for a few weeks then sleep well again.. my girl's eating pattern fluctuate more often.. eg today eat alot, tomorrow dont even open mouth...or 2-3days eat alot then after that dont eat etc..alicia eat so much when she younger! wow... my girl not as big eater..
That's why i'm so sad that she suddenly started eating like a bird... she used to eat everything i gave her...

annie

maybe cos she older liao n then able to show her likes n dislikes more. when still young maybe no preference or dunno how to show ma. look on the bright side. at least she has her own views!

snowbear

maybe cos she older and then able to show her likes and dislikes more. when still young maybe no preference or dont know how to show . look on the bright side. at least she has her own views!
Tired of feeding her sometimes... so discouraging. :( My dh calls her the 2-mouth-wonder coz she spits things out after that...

annie

can understand.. sometimes i also feel very tired n xian to feed my girl when she dosent seem to want to eat... kids are so difficult.. lol

vonn81

Ok, just realised that it's not oat cereal but Organic Yummy Tummy Instant oatmeal by Earth's Best. Haha... have not tried it yet. Maybe tomorrow... :001_302: She crazy again just yday. Was eating very well then suddenly yday everything i gave her she'll just eat 2 spoons then spit out... sigh...

Just fed her Healthy Times Teddy Puffs mixed with breast milk. She likes it so at least she's eating some sort of "cereal". It serves as finger food as well as cereal for toddlers. She loves it as finger food too.

Can cook the oats with water? Will it still be of a creamy texture? Thought need to add milk. Been thinking of how to express my breast milk for that purpose. Tried a couple of times hand expressing recently: tiring...

How much water you put for 3.5tablespoon full of oats? you use a measuring spoon or the normal metal spoon?

sorry for the late reply...haven log in for quite awhile...i din really measure the water level ...i use a small saucerpan to cook everytime. so if i'm giving 3.5 table spoon the amt of water is more then haf the saucepan lo...if u wan the texture to be thicker then add lesser water...it depend on what alicia's preference bah. i also depend on what i intend to add to the oats. i dont add milk to it wor....cos she doesnt like. so i usually stick to bananas or fruits or raisins. sometimes i will cook it with pork and vege for lunch if she is sick of porridge...

annie

do u all grind up the oats into powder or just use normal rolled oats? ive always been grinding up into powder but now that my girl is older, i thought if trying to cook it without grinding up.. dunno can or not.. i usually use 1/4 cup grounded oats n 1 cup water

vonn81

do you all grind up the oats into powder or just use normal rolled oats? ive always been grinding up into powder but now that my girl is older, i thought if trying to cook it without grinding up.. dont know can or not.. i usually use 1/4 cup grounded oats and 1 cup water

Hi annie,

i dont buy roll oats leh...too big. i buy baby oats...smaller and easy to cook. i dont noe whether normal oats like Quaker brand got or not...i usually bought Origins brand organic baby oats frm NTUC. not ex mah...only 3.50 per packet can use quite long. maybe u can try? then no need to grind so troublesome?

snowbear

sorry for the late reply...have not log in for quite awhile...i did not really measure the water level ...i use a small saucerpan to cook everytime. so if i'm giving 3.5 table spoon the amt of water is more then have the saucepan ...if you want the texture to be thicker then add lesser water...it depend on what alicia's preference bah. i also depend on what i intend to add to the oats. i dont add milk to it ....cos she doesnt like. so i usually stick to bananas or fruits or raisins. sometimes i will cook it with pork and vege for lunch if she is sick of porridge...
I tried cooking baby oats for Alicia already and she also eats instant oats from Earth's Best. Good that she likes oats coz she doesn't really like to eat porridge. But i've not tried putting meat or veg in it yet. So far only put fruits...