First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

January84

Re: 1st birthday celebration!

hahah, thats right!

my theme is piglet and friends.... so i be getting cup and plates with that and some balloonsss..... hehehe...

think mummies have more fun then children...

Olivia's Mummy

First Birthday coming up soon, need some TIPS!!

Hi everyone,

My daughter is turning one pretty soon and I want to plan a big party for her, where is the best place to hold parties? Are there any places that are especially for toddlers? Also where is the best place to buy party essentials?

Thanks!

Haiz i think im the only 1 who haven plan for my girl's bd. goodness i feel so sick that i dont feel like doin anythin... =(

January84

oh ya, 5 days before my boy...

maybe a simple one? at least not that siong. . . . or too sick to plan ask DH loh

WonderMaMA

Re: Where to celebrate- 1st Birthday........

Hi Hi

You can try the Grassroot Club @ Yio chu Kang. They have this indoor playground & sufficient place for the buffet line & seating. Best of place, its aircon & charges quite reasonable.

karen_bhat

Hi All Mummies , I Will Be Celebrating My Son's 1st Birthday Next Month , i Wanted To Book A Chalet But Find Out Almost All Of The Chalet Are Fully Book Due To School Holidays , I Have Already Get The Theme Cake And Decorations And Now The Only Problem Is The Venue , I Dont Want To Have It At Home Coz Home Not So Big And My Guests Are Around 30- 40 PPL . So Very Stress Now , Please Do Give Me Some Ideas Where Can I Celebrate My Son Bday .

Thanks

Anyone order b4?

Hi mummies,

I am ordering BBQ food for my gal 1st b'dae.

Which are the company are better?

My frend recommended BBQwholesale.

gd?

I am all so excited abt this coming event, hope it will turn out well.:):Dancing_tongue::Dancing_wub:

suronne

Re: Anyone order b4?

Hi, i have order b4, the food is not bad. U can oso try Lee Wee Brothers foodstuff, they also got BBQ food. I think Lee We Brothers is better than BBQ wholesales.

autumn82

I ordered from Lee Wee Brothers for DD's last yr bdae too! Not bad :) Gonna order from them again this Nov for my DD's bdae. But I only ordered the otahs & satays. Other foods like chicken wings, prawns, squids, stingray, I went to buy and marinate it by myself. So much cheaper than if u were to order for such items I feel.

princessdella

Hi Karen,

How about looking for some condo function rooms? If u got friends staying in condo den can ask them to help.
what is ur budget like?

My son's birthday is in Dec and the date i wanted for the chalet was fully booked as well.. So in the end i have to booked it on a Sunday..
I'm the opp of u.. Except venue, everything not prepared yet.

The theme is :Little Prince :001_302:

hi Oct mummy! hehhehe...

what are the rates there? for Chevron.

Hi,

Yes, me october mummy.:)

Chevron abt $115/day(as is Friday...So...abit higher)

Me nw really excited...
excited abt how to decor the place
excited abt the crowd reaction abt the food. placeetc etc(i am sure gt many negative remarks frm hub side...so sian to see them...haha! bt still hv to invite)
excited abt my bb feeling that day
excited abt seeing my frend's kids
excited abt my hub's reaction for tat day food...

haha!

The theme of the party: Disney character

Last edited:

jmtlam

i will be celebrating my son's 1st b-day at my grandma's place. as she is staying at the 1st floor. just need to rent a tables and chairs outside. hehe i have a big family..
it will be a simple celebration. already ordered and paid Barney cake and cupcakes! hehe

i still havn't buy cups/forks...hubby said too early...
but i already bought treat bags. and the goodies!!!!! hehe
i asked grandma n aunties to cook.

as this is my 1st time organisng a party. well a simple party.. i really had no idea what to do... haha

oh ya! and on the day of my son's party. in the monrg, i gotto to rush to causeway point flower shop to pump my helium balloons!
Hi prettybb,

may I know where is the shop in causeway pt that you pump your helium balloons and how much they charge (to fill up those animal walking balloons?)

hi!
in the end i still proceed with BBQ wholesale.
Their BBQ raw food nt too bad...
i ordered: satay, sweet potato, chicken wings & pineapple rice
bt their pineapply rice...nt too gd.

me too bought stingray & sauages & crab meat frm outside...is cheaper.

never tried anywhere else but i think BBQ wholesale QTY a bit small for the prices they charge. esp the sambal sotong!!!!

January84

ezbbq - they also offer ppl to bbq for you at $20/hour (min 3 hours)

food not bad.

rachel.ang

Yes, i ordered from ezbbq also... & also got the person to BBQ for us....
turned out, he was a cute young malay man,
& had my colleagues talking about him for days!

Oh yes, back to the food topic, ezbbq food is good also,
especially

rachel.ang

Yes, i ordered from ezbbq also... & also got the person to BBQ for us....
turned out, he was a cute young malay man,
& had my colleagues talking about him for days!

Oh yes, back to the food topic, ezbbq food is good also,
especially their vegetarian curry!

wenz

i ordered BBQwholesale for my DD 1st month and 1st birthday... not bad.. as they got everything u need... so no need to buy here and there.... had not tried others... will consider the other suggestion here...

sherlin

I ask my friend to help me book the clubhouse in her Condo at $80 / whole day and then i get catering in and decorated the whole place...

The clubhouse has chairs and tables... and its air-conditioned, near the swimming pool, children can go swimming...

Why don't you check with your friends and relatives for details of the clubhouse if they stay in a condo.

BudgetMum

I ask my friend to help me book the clubhouse in her Condo at $80 / whole day and then i get catering in and decorated the whole place...

The clubhouse has chairs and tables... and its air-conditioned, near the swimming pool, children can go swimming...

Why don't you check with your friends and relatives for details of the clubhouse if they stay in a condo.
that's a good idea -- I would recommended that too

most importantly, how big is your crowd??

If not so large can try pro-family restaurants -- there r a few in turf city & in clubs (eg orchid cc etc)

If gonna b as large as the bb showers, best is still remain at home or club house!! seriously, 1st year the kids still prefers to "stick" with mummy and VERY closes ones/relatives/friends... ...

2nd bday onwards then must choose those places with children's facilities eg xplorer kids, disney restaurant (anchor pt) etc