Flooring - Tiles or Laminate?

lawla12

hi dearies

talking about laminate flooring..

my laminate flooring is only like 3plus years. during the 2nd year, we discovered wood mites crawling on the masterbedroom wall, bedframe (wood) and those mites also crawl into my wardrobes.i called for pest buster and hve to wash all the clothes...the pest buster said it was bcos of the toilet that could make the room to be moist environment that cause the woodmite...im not sure hw true...

im still hving this problem...anyone has this problem with laminate flooring???
wood mites....is wad color deeee???

there's 1 room where i nv use....so i close the door n mop it occassionally....we found very very small, black color insect....we duno wad izzi...but if u touch it, it will jump jump deeee...its really VERY VERY small.....

sunflowerlady

wood mites....is what color deeee???

there's 1 room where i never use....so i close the door and mop it occassionally....we found very very small, black color insect....we dont know what izzi...but if you touch it, it will jump jump deeee...its really VERY VERY small.....

yes yes..are those type..like greyish colour,rite...can jump also...something like paper mite...you hve this problem too???..mine is quite bad...last x,crawl into my wardrobe...now thinking of replacing my bed..change to those type which i can vaccum below...so wont collect dust...if not more wood mite growing...any idea it is bcos of the laminte floor?

Last edited:

autumn82

so i just any those sponge mops from NTCU can liaooo laaaa????

you using what brand??? good or not??? how much????
I'm currently using the NTUC Housebrand. I saw today like $12 or so... Not bad lah.. 1yr+ still haven't change mop. Btw, which floor cleaner are u using for your laminated flooring? I'm using the Sofix all these years.. Not bad..

autumn82

hi dearies

talking about laminate flooring..

my laminate flooring is only like 3plus years. during the 2nd year, we discovered wood mites crawling on the masterbedroom wall, bedframe (wood) and those mites also crawl into my wardrobes.i called for pest buster and hve to wash all the clothes...the pest buster said it was bcos of the toilet that could make the room to be moist environment that cause the woodmite...im not sure hw true...

im still hving this problem...anyone has this problem with laminate flooring???
wood mites....is what color deeee???

there's 1 room where i never use....so i close the door and mop it occassionally....we found very very small, black color insect....we dont know what izzi...but if you touch it, it will jump jump deeee...its really VERY VERY small.....
yes yes..are those type..like greyish colour,rite...can jump also...something like paper mite...you hve this problem too???..mine is quite bad...last x,crawl into my wardrobe...now thinking of replacing my bed..change to those type which i can vaccum below...so wont collect dust...if not more wood mite growing...any idea it is bcos of the laminte floor?
How come...??? Don't scare me leh... Y got so many problems??

CanCanMum

laminate floor is made from chip board worrh wood mites dun like dee i diink lols

mebbe yr house a bit damp?

lawla12

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....i duno wad izzi worrr...

i juz clean n clean n clean....

i nv use sofix.....i use tat "dexxxxx" ...argghh, how u spell tat ???

tat one, can use ur clothes deeee...can pour into the water for mopping deeee.......

lawla12

laminate floor is made from chip board worrh wood mites dont like dee i diink lols

mebbe your house a bit damp?
you mean damp damp will have ??

but that room, the sunlight shines in abit deeeee.....so it shdn't b "that damp" rite ?????????

but tat room, the windows r forever close deeeee

autumn82

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....i dont know what izzi worrr...

i just clean and clean and clean....

i never use sofix.....i use that "dexxxxx" ...argghh, how you spell that ???

that one, can use your clothes deeee...can pour into the water for mopping deeee.......
Dettol? Erm... Better to use the sofix wor.. care for yr flooring mah.. :p I add abit of dettol into sofix also.. :p

sunflowerlady

Dettol? Erm... Better to use the sofix .. care for your flooring mah.. :p I add abit of dettol into sofix also.. :p

maybe is dinamo....is it???? for wash clothes maa....blue in col..???

dettol can wash clothes meh????..last x when i keep dog as pet,we put dettol..den now no more using.:Dancing_wub:

sunflowerlady

laminate floor is made from chip board worrh wood mites dont like dee i diink lols

mebbe your house a bit damp?

darling,i wan ur suggestion.

now tt my room is laminate flooring,living room is homogenous tile,can we remove the laminate flr and replace it to homogenous tile which is the same as the living room...but master bedroom has a built in wardrode..how?

lawla12

maybe is dinamo....is it???? for wash clothes maa....blue in col..???

dettol can wash clothes meh????..last x when i keep dog as pet,we put dettol..then now no more using.:Dancing_wub:
no no...i use dettol.....

can ...dettol can wash clothes deee...can mop the floor too.......

lawla12

darling,i want your suggestion.

now that my room is laminate flooring,living room is homogenous tile,can we remove the laminate flr and replace it to homogenous tile which is the same as the living room...but master bedroom has a built in wardrode..how?

i ask cancan bossie the same Q.......she ans below...

wardrobe can take out and reinstall somewhere deee

just need replace the "skin" and add some members can liaooo

unless your previous contractor did a "permanent" wardrobe type but unlikely unless you dont see any screw holes anywhere

come stay my house

baber wants to play lols~~~

lawla12

dearie..hw long ago did you lay the laminate flr???any plan of replacing it?
3yearsssss...

tot of changing it too....super maaaa fannnnn leh !!!!!!! got tat insect jump jump deeee...u clean it...it disappear...but after awhile, it will come back again.....zzzzzz

but the problem is...our furniture how ???? when they renovate, sure got alot of dust de maaaa, even if cover my sofa, my tv etc...the dust will still b evywhere deeeee....

then where we stay ???? move here n there, super troublesome!!!!!! --u shd get wad i mean......

so be it lohhhhh....anyway i'm the one doing all the household chores...if DH not happy, HE DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawla12

but but....my wardrobe have no screw which can be seen leiiii...so is built in,si bo????

i really tink of re-do it..how much will it cost ????:tlaugh:
LOL~

i also booo see any screw lehh....

izzi inside the wardrobe ??? if its inside, then i can see screws......but horrr, i thought those screws are to support the partition deeee???

ermmm....ask bossie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL~

how much arrrr....duno lehh....depends on wad tiles u choose......need to add dismantle fees......

sunflowerlady

3yearsssss...

thought of changing it too....super maaaa fannnnn !!!!!!! got that insect jump jump deeee...you clean it...it disappear...but after awhile, it will come back again.....zzzzzz

but the problem is...our furniture how ???? when they renovate, sure got alot of dust maaaa, even if cover my sofa, my tv etc...the dust will still b evywhere deeeee....

then where we stay ???? move here and there, super troublesome!!!!!! --you should get what i mean......

so be it lohhhhh....anyway i'm the one doing all the household chores...if dear husband not happy, HE DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harrrrrrrr...but i intend to live long in this house lei....no intend to move house again... mine also 3 yrs niaaa..so now house gt less thing/furniture maaa..do now better than nxt time lorrr..also scare down the road, cant find the same homogenous tiles as my living room..then lagi worst....hw hw..im so confused now...:shyxxx:

lawla12

harrrrrrrr...but i intend to live long in this house lei....no intend to move house again... mine also 3 yrs niaaa..so now house gt less thing/furniture maaa..do now better than nxt time lorrr..also scare down the road, cant find the same homogenous tiles as my living room..then lagi worst....hw hw..im so confused now...:shyxxx:
my DH was saying....maybe get those steam steam dee vacuum cleaner n steam those insects....

but, he say say say onlyyyy....nv buy the vacuum clearner.....zzzzz

duno if tis can work yaaa...must ask bossie...LOL!!!!