Full Mth Celebration/Baby Shower - Preparation/Resources/Planning/Venue

Question about one month cakes?

Hi! Hope someone can help me. I'm an expat so not sure what the tradition is but wanted to get some one/full month cakes to celebrate my daughter's birth.

Can I ask who do you usually give them to? I have some aunties and uncles in Singapore but not many. I know it is traditional for my hubby to bring some into his workplace but do I give my gynae?

Thanx :)

Porukadotzu

Re: Question about one month cakes?

Hi! Hope someone can help me. I'm an expat so not sure what the tradition is but wanted to get some one/full month cakes to celebrate my daughter's birth.

Can I ask who do you usually give them to? I have some aunties and uncles in Singapore but not many. I know it is traditional for my hubby to bring some into his workplace but do I give my gynae?

hi!

you may give the cake to your relatives or friends or neighbours (specially if you live in apartment which is quite close to eachother) anyone that you think you're quite close with...
last time i gave out 1 cake per family..=)

if you and your gynae quite close then why not? its just a way to share your happiness.:tlaugh:

CanCanMum

i will give to whoever tat comes to my one month celebration.

u can get cake vouchers instead...if its too troublesome to stock up the cakes for your guests.

i din give gynae coz not close enuf...u can if u want.

some good cake shops will be Cedele (Superb cakes, tastes good), Bengawan Solo or Polar. Bengawan solo is the most common.

sorry i kaypo tell u the brands without u asking.....

ryanmom

Hi,
The traditional type is cakes with red eggs, glutinous rice etc. But I got donuts for mine quite unique. 6 in a box. Everybody enjoys it esp the kids!!!!

Jaz

sugarcookie

Hi,
The traditional type is cakes with red eggs, glutinous rice etc. But I got donuts for mine quite unique. 6 in a box. Everybody enjoys it esp the kids!!!!

Jaz
Where did you get the donuts from?? Am looking for less traditional gifts.

Thanx everyone! Will get some traditional cakes for my aunties with the eggs and ang ku kueh but for hubby's office will get some cupcakes I think. Seen some cute ones with pink icing!

So do people here have the traditional one month Chinese dinner at a restaurant? Or can you just have people around your flat for a party and get catered food? Like the idea of a party or BBQ, more relaxed and fun....

CanCanMum

yes yes! Those cute cupcakes are so nice!

mine was celebrated at home only. Coz too troublesome to bring a one month old baby to restaurants.

True. Had dinner for my son in UK and so stressful. Think this time might get people to our flat and have separate celebrations for friends and family.

Thnx for the advice everyone xxxx

JacquiLau

Hi there!

Anyone has places that you can recomend to book for full month celebration??? Budget around $30 - $40 per pax and my dad insist of having dinner buffet... Any recommendation? :bbconfused:

JacquiLau

Re: Places to book for full month celebration?

Both also can! International!! I don't have a preference as long as food is nice. :001_302:

Queenbabe

Not having buffet at home ? i do it at home & i book halal hehe coz got malay frens.

I find it not bad , maybe u can try 'ye liang how catering' :Dancing_tongue:

LoVeS

Tat time during my ds full mth celebration we held it at dragon gate for lunch buffet~ Foods r quite nice ~ per pax $24++

JacquiLau

Hee hee... can't have it at home... My parent wants to invite EVERYONE! I wasn't home often so my parent thought to take the chance and invite everyone... Base on estimation, we are going to invite about 70 paxs... :err: Feels more like wedding then full month celebration... :tlaugh:

LoVeS

Hee hee... can't have it at home... My parent wants to invite EVERYONE! I wasn't home often so my parent thought to take the chance and invite everyone... Base on estimation, we are going to invite about 70 paxs... :err: Feels more like wedding then full month celebration... :tlaugh:
7 tables lor~ mayb can ask for pte rm too~

CanCanMum

wow tats alot of pple leh....

how about either book 7 tables at a chinese restaurant near your house....u can have the whole place to yourself....lols...one such restaurant is Mouth Restaurant (TPY-Safra) tat one is quiet and nice and only have 10 tables.....lols....really whole place to yourself...but i think must book early. Yan Palace Food oso good (Hong Lim Complex) - big restaurant - got at least enuff tables for wedding banquets like 50tables? Big area.

we went to globetrotters for our first meetup session on 14 dec last year, they have a big function room for such meetups...but heard ceased operations le.....

how about book a bungalow? Since u have so many guests? At least u can gain access to toilets and can rest (for breastfeeding). Like those East Coast ones? Then call catering food.

JacquiLau

We don't want it be too formal that's why we thought of buffet dinner. Then everyone can "woo and ahhh" at the baby... :tlaugh:

We definitely thought of booking a bungalow because it's good price and I can order catering over but I don't know when is my baby's full month going to be! LOL Thought it's a bit hard to book when I don't know the date... :p My parent said that the date don't have to be exact but can't be too far off... not sure what that means... is a week in advance too far off?