Full Mth Celebration/Baby Shower - Preparation/Resources/Planning/Venue

January84

Re: Places to book for full month celebration?

Thanks CanCanMum! Hmm... next question is how early can I have it to be "appropriate"?? If a week or a weekish is ok then I probably able to book a bungalow... :001_302:
the earliest is when BB is at least 3 weeks old. :001_302:

yennee76

First Month Celebration

Hi mummies...
my dd is turning 1 month :red: next week end.... :err: no experience.... can someone share what to be done? I.e. order cakes, red eggs, ang ku kueh for relatives? Buffet? Normally colleagues will give you the Bangawan solo voucher if you give something for their baby...

Hope to hear from some of you on how did you do it the last time..

thank you...
Cheers

LoVeS

Re: First Month Celebration

For us we didnt gif out cakes, eggs or even ang ku kueh to relatives n frds during our ds's full mth celebration~ All we did is invite relatives n frds for a lunch buffet where everyone gather together tats all.:shyxxx:

JacquiLau

Just went looking at chalets to see if any available but April is seriously a "hot" month! Most of them are booked... :err:

CanCanMum

CanCanMum

actually i have read in this forum on some posts before i joined, that they rented the Multi-Purpose Hall from their friends who are staying in Condominiums. Perhaps its oso another option?

sorry tis is based on assumption tat u are residing in HDB or other forms of housing not suitable for big gatherings.....

yennee76

Thanks Cancan mum... think most parents give vouchers to those who gave something to the bb right? That's what my friends/ colleagues did (think so far all I rec are bengawan solo vouchers).

btw.. remember you are asking (somewhere) about where to find the calendar that you tear day by day. you still need it? My mum still got a few left (parents own a provision shop).. if you still want

CanCanMum

Thanks Cancan mum... think most parents give vouchers to those who gave something to the bb right? That's what my friends/ colleagues did (think so far all I rec are bengawan solo vouchers).

btw.. remember you are asking (somewhere) about where to find the calendar that you tear day by day. you still need it? My mum still got a few left (parents own a provision shop).. if you still want
oh u r so thoughtful~!! Thanks soOOOoooOO muchie!

where is yr mums provision shop? I go down and buy?

CanCanMum

bengawan is the common one....

i have received cedele one before, they have this cake called tangy orange....very good. At least something different. But nowadays polar oso have i think.

JacquiLau

Hee hee I am staying with my parent at the moment in HDB flat. I thought of not trouble my relatives but if no choice then I will probably look into that... I also found that Botanic Garden do rent out their function room, so that might be something to look at too!

Thanks for all your suggestion!!! :wong19:

serenelm

for ds3, we invited family members (abt 30 pax) to our house for lunch buffet... b4 they leave, we pass them a box of fruit tarts tat we ordered from melrose bakehouse... we oso ordered some fruit tarts wif 2 ang ku kuehs n 2 red eggs for the older folks in our family (e.g. grandma, aunties etc)...

for frens who gave us gifts, we bought bengawan solo vouchers to mail to them since we might not be mtg them anytime soon...

for ds1 n ds2, we had oso invited relatives n frens, hence did not buy any vouchers for them... juz invited them to the buffet lunch...

yennee76

oh u r so thoughtful~!! Thanks soOOOoooOO muchie!

where is yr mums provision shop? I go down and buy?
Mum's provision shop at Jurong West...now staying in Jurong East (confinement)... going back to Sengkang end next week... See where is more convenient for you lah.. I can just bring the calendar with me..

Dun have to buy lah... we have it for free also... dun give away in the end also throw... wasted.

yennee76

Thanks ladies...

think the normal practice is:
(1) buffet lunch/ dinner for guests (mostly relatives + close friends)
(2) cakes (+ang Ku kueh + red egg etc) for relatives
(3) vouchers for friends...

Thanks for the suggestion.. will check out the websites for cebele + melrose.
Need to start planning how much to order liao... ^_^

CanCanMum

Mum's provision shop at Jurong West...now staying in Jurong East (confinement)... going back to Sengkang end next week... See where is more convenient for you lah.. I can just bring the calendar with me..

Dun have to buy lah... we have it for free also... dun give away in the end also throw... wasted.
hello hello kum sia, i am going Jurong West next Saturday, 21 feb to pass a babyrail to a mummysg member here. Maybe i pop by there?

yennee76

hello hello kum sia, i am going Jurong West next Saturday, 21 feb to pass a babyrail to a mummysg member here. Maybe i pop by there?
Next Sat I will be in Sengkang. I can inform my mum/dad that you will be going over to the shop to pick up the calendar (mum just told me that she has 10+of those calendar left.. if you want more).

Alternatively, we can arrange another place/time (I'm flexible - on maternity leave.. so got time)

Let me know before I text you my parent's shop address. ^_^

CanCanMum

okies babe!

omg~ i got so many things to do almost forgotten which member wants wad stuff....lols....very confusing....hahahhaha

thanks lots lots lots!

yennee76

haha. Better have an organizer to record it all down..

Just PM me when you want to collect the calendar!

Are you working or FTHW?

CanCanMum

ermm....i am searching for my posts with committed items and printing them one by one~

hahhahaha

after pregnancy v forgetful~

yennee76

is it true? Pregnancy makes one forgetful? haha.. at the moment haven't felt the "side effect" yet haha