Good TCM Doctor ???

I went for TCM at middle road 6 months. drank yucky brown mixtures everyday from them, even at office amidst raised eyebrows. No success. Then gave up after having to wait almost 2 hrs at each appointment. Next go do iui. And then, immed pregnant thereafter. I should not have wasted $$$ n time on incompetent TCM docs. Time is of essence to women TTCing!
hi 2boysmum, May i find out which gyn you went for IUI? Thxs!

littlej

Hi everyone. Can I ask for your feedback? Between Dr Zhao Xu Hong (Raffles Medical Group) OR Dr Wu Liping (Blk 408 AMK Ave 10) - Which one would you recommend? Hope to get your feedback :) Thanks much!

Shin3380

Hi peeps, wanna share wit you my experienced with the traditional chinese medicine at jurong east recommended by some of the forummers here. Well, i went thr tis morn cz of my terrible headache which i realise it occur only during my last day of menses n last till the 3rd day after my menses.. Evntho' i have regular menses doesn't mean that im fine.. I've been to Kandang Kerbau Hospital before cz i had a terrible cramp that i feel lyk dying n pespire alot n cnt evn move n my hubby brought me str8 to A&E in Kandang Kerbau Hospital. Everything was fine according to the doc n say that maybe my hormones changes tats y i had tis pain n require to get a scan done to c if thr's anything wrong with my ovary or uterus n the results came out that im fine, papsmear was done as well n it came out negative.. So wen i went to the traditional chinese medicine which was recommended n got bad news which i felt disheartened:(. She says that i have many problems. what she say reali happened to me on my bad sinuses, the bad menses cramp accompanied by the terrible headache n pain on my left womb.. She say i got these problems bulky uterus, endometresis, PCO, slanted womb which cause my blood flow backwards n another 3 medical terms that i dont understd as in her writings.. She recommended me to c DR Christopher Chen.. I know tis is not goin to be cheap but im prepared.. Im reali feelin dwn now:(. As for my hubby he has got a low quality sperms etc, no heads, 2 heads, body not in a proper shape... these is what she sees in us wen she tch our pulse. But my hubby is not much of a problem according to the lady physician. He can still bore me a child but i mz get myself treated first.. She told me to c Dr Chris Chen n bring the report to her n advice me not to go for any blood test or operation w/o her seeing the report first.. Well, we'll c hows the result then:(. So im cancelling my appt with singapore general hospital gynae then:( Anybody have these experienced before????? I need to c someone else's results as well to keep me goin:(.....

Hi, just to share my TTC journey
i have ttc since married on 2007, went to gynae for check up as no news a year after married. I was 28 years old and hubby 34 years old that time. Result show that I'm ok but hubby sperm got morphology problem, which means sperm not in shape, but shouldn't be a problem to conceive. Then, we decided to try ivf since we wants bb earlier. I have tried 3 times ivf. After 1st tried, then doc get to know that my eggs are not very healthy, no reason given and so far, no medication can helps too... I was shocked and sad that time. After 3 failed ivf, I didn't know what else could I do to have a baby...
But during that period, i have seen many chinese physician too, finally I stay with dr Jin at raffles TCM. She's very helpful and famous TCM doc in helping women who is ttc. I have seen her and took her medication for 2 years plus, when my SGH gynae told me that there's nothing she could do to help me, I got pregnant naturally!!! Dr Jin said that my kidney is weak, plus my egg quality not good, thus difficult to conceive. But my womb is healthy. Thus has being taking her medicines till I almost give up too, but I got my surprise news at that time. Now my boy is 6 months old.
Hope all ladies here do not give up! Must be strong in this journey

Last edited:

Faith_Lim

Anybody seeing Dr Yu Zhe Kai?
Is he good and experienced with fertility issues?
what kind of medication does he use? Powder, pills or herbal brews and what are his charges and waiting time like?
i am currently trying to short list and finally decide on one TCM doc to consult.
The other 2 I have short listed or Zou Yu min and Wu Liping.

TIA!

mamamag

I'm seeing Dr Zhao Xu Hong (Raffles ) for a mth now... had 3 acupuncture sessions. She said my constitution is weak... so give us 3 mths to tiao the body first...

lalagal

After taking the chinese medicine for 3 mths, hubby did a sperm test and compared to a year ago, there were improvements in all areas. Thus, we are faithfully continuing our weekly regime to visit the sinseh and hope we will be able to conceive our 1st child soon.

Last edited:

lalagal

My body constitution is weak too with 'cold' womb, irregular menses. Hubby's sperms not gd swimmers & with abnormal morphology. We've been seeing the chinese sinseh at Zhong Hua Yi Yuan (Sheng1 Yu4 Zhu3) located at Toa Payoh to 'tiao' my condition with the chinese herbs and hubby receives accupunture with chinese medication too.

mybabyhope

Hi Babes,

I have the same issues..dealing with hubby morphology (2-4%) issues. Now with Thomson Chinese Medical, not sure if its good? Any feedbacks?

Been trying 3 years (with one chemical pregnancy - medicated IUI).

Anyone got successful stories to share?

mamamag

Hello...
I'm 36 & DH is 40. I've been on TCM for 2 months n strangely my menses was late for 3 weeks! I had 5 sessions of acupuncture and Chinese medicine... my problem is also weak constitution... I'm thinking if I shld change to a different sinseh or try western medicine

blythylively

I had seen this tcm at paragon eu yan sang before for 3mths butit didn't have much effect on me.

I switched to see dr ann tan and have done a scan, hormones blood test (which shows I have a low level of progesterone). the scan shows that I have polycystic syndrome. she is now giving me progesterone pills to regulate the hormones. hubby sperms are not good in quality and also did a blood test yesterday to see if he's lacking any nutrients.

at the same time, I bumped into this Tang Shan TCM when I was at city square mall 3wks ago. I had a consultation with the doc Teo Soo Chin who diagnosed me that my womb is cold which was what the eu yan sang one said as well. what's different about this tcm is that their medicine needs to be brewed, they can actually brew for u and pack into sealed individual packets. which I think is good because I won't have time or know how to brew daily. you will have to wait about 2 hours for them to brew, and they charge for the brewing cost. 1 week of medicine (which consisted of 14 packets) cost me $99.

I will go to him again with hubby and my test results to see if he can help better. my mumsays brewed Chinese medicine is much more effective than powdered ones (which eys gave) and I do agree, hopefully over the months I can see good results!

Dear mummies,
Have you all ever tried taking supplement to improve your overall body heath as well as to improve your hubby sperm counts? I've seen few testionial and i hope wit these sharing it can benefit you all:) Both me and hubby is 34&35 after we took Ageloc R2, now is much more energize and ML like when we are younger before.

196527_376657765760782_802862883_n.jpg
35457_419517318141493_532474099_n.jpg
These people already benefit from it:) Really, no harm trying as I believe all of you are really working hard to achieve your goal!! Jia you!!!

Joyfully

Hi Everyone,

i read all the forums and am a little lost as to who to go. I have had 2 failed IVFs. I am doing my IVF with Prof. PC Wong from NUH. He has not told me why it was a failure or anything so far. He just said that it just didn't turn positive. I have been going to NUH for the last 4 years with no positive results. I tried TCM for a few weeks before my second IVF. Emotionally drained. Anyone can advise what I should do?

noscon

i took 4 years to conceive my #1. In those years I visited many sinsehs, gynaes and had 1 failed IUI. I tried not to do invasive procedures like IUI and IVF. Just when I gave up and just before going for IVF, I conceived. I attributed the success to many months of traditional chinese medicine medicine, having a strict regime of healthy eating(usu i will take fish soup everyday,no tidbits or cold drinks, more fruits and veg and restrict to 1 cup of coffee everyday etc) and lots of exercise (4 times a week). It was hard but its worth every bit when my daughter was born. For #2, I encountered problems again and took 2 years to conceive. This time, due to very busy schedule with a job and child, I didnt have much time for exercises. I rely on healthier diet(not as healthy as conceiving #1) but I still did not conceive. I attribute it to busy schedules and stress of work and taking care of #1. I read up a lot online. Started on western supplements for 4 months with no success. Then went on to try royal jelly in honey(Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, Royal Jelly & Pollen, in Honey, 24 oz (680 g) - iHerb.com). After 1 month of drinking this every day, I conceived. I believe its because my eggs are not in good form so I had a hard time conceiving. I read online that this might help with some ladies with similar problems. Since I have tried every means, I dont't mind trying anything.
I'm just sharing my experience with the ladies here and hope it helps. May you be with child soon!

Last edited:

Joyfully

i took 4 years to conceive my #1. In those years I visited many sinsehs, gynaes and had 1 failed IUI. I tried not to do invasive procedures like IUI and IVF. Just when I gave up and just before going for IVF, I conceived. I attributed the success to many months of traditional chinese medicine medicine, having a strict regime of healthy eating(usu i will take fish soup everyday,no tidbits or cold drinks, more fruits and veg and restrict to 1 cup of coffee everyday etc) and lots of exercise (4 times a week). It was hard but its worth every bit when my daughter was born. For #2, I encountered problems again and took 2 years to conceive. This time, due to very busy schedule with a job and child, I didnt have much time for exercises. I rely on healthier diet(not as healthy as conceiving #1) but I still did not conceive. I attribute it to busy schedules and stress of work and taking care of #1. I read up a lot online. Started on western supplements for 4 months with no success. Then went on to try royal jelly in honey(Y.S. Eco Bee Farms, Royal Jelly & Pollen, in Honey, 24 oz (680 g) - iHerb.com). After 1 month of drinking this every day, I conceived. I believe its because my eggs are not in good form so I had a hard time conceiving. I read online that this might help with some ladies with similar problems. Since I have tried every means, I dont't mind trying anything.
I'm just sharing my experience with the ladies here and hope it helps. May you be with child soon!
Thanks for the tips on what to eat. I am at a stage that i will try anything. I am even thinking of taking a break from work. although it will be hard but guess to get something i have to give something up. will have to try to cut back on my love of junk food !!! which is going to be hard but like you said worth the effort. your experience sounds like what i am going through now. I hope i will have good news to share soon.

mei2009

Thanks for the tips on what to eat. I am at a stage that i will try anything. I am even thinking of taking a break from work. although it will be hard but guess to get something i have to give something up. will have to try to cut back on my love of junk food !!! which is going to be hard but like you said worth the effort. your experience sounds like what i am going through now. I hope i will have good news to share soon.
Your TCM includes acupuncture? Will work better if it's medicine plus acupuncture.

Hi Babes,

I have the same issues..dealing with hubby morphology (2-4%) issues. Now with Thomson Chinese Medical, not sure if its good? Any feedbacks?

Been trying 3 years (with one chemical pregnancy - medicated IUI).

Anyone got successful stories to share?
hello, dont give up!
my hubs morphology is bad too (1%!!) and I have PCOS. double whammy.
the good news is, we succeeded on our first try of IUI. not sure what does chemical iui mean, but for us, i took daily puregon jabs and had regular scans with my gynae.

my hubs started on daily multi-vits (specifically centrum) cos the doc recommended increased intake of selenium and zinc and his morphology improved from 1% to 3% after about 1 month.

good luck!

hello blythylively,

i also PCOS. based on my (western) research, metformin (common drug to treat diabetes) may improve fertility among those with PCOS. Metformin improves insulin control (which tend to be poor in women with PCOS) and reduces androgen production (e.g. testosterone)

Metformin (Glucophage) for polycystic ovary syndrome

issue with metformin use is diarrhea, nausea, and loss of appetite. which i experienced while on this medication. maybe you can discuss this with your doc?

all the best!