Homemade solid on the go

annie

i never give her seaweed lor. cos we went out with a group of hubby's fren who has kids also.. then the mother go n feed my girl seaweed...

hmm... i steam the brocoli n then just give her those florets after mashing them up... end up the florest come out jsut as i had given her! lol. totally not digested...

stonston

Annie, I'll be damn angry if anyone feeds my boy without my permission. I ever scolded someone in church because of this. Go feed my son 'keropok' when he was ard 8mths old!

annie

keropok?? omg..

that time she was being nice cos i was feeding my girl food n no time to eat mine.. so she offer to help me feed her while i eat my food(hubby stone stone de never help me. he jsut eating his food himsefl!) so i eat my own food lor.. then... after i finish, i saw my girl whole hands n face so dirty.. so the seaweed bits.. then the mother still say..'oh i feed her seaweed. should be ok hor?' faint. i didnt want to show her face la cos she is hubby's fren's wife.. not too nice to show face...

autumn82

Rems me of my MIL... :embarrassed:

Told her no outside food for Iggy b4 at least 1yr old. She still can tell me that stalls congee very tasty, wanna buy for him? Or he's old enuff to eat Keow Teow fishball soup, wanna buy for him? .......... :eek:

stonston

I din care who is was. I screamed my head off immediately and everyone knows I'm very particular about food all along! Even my parents dun dare to anyhow feed without my permission!

Autumn, at least she ASK! if they ask i'll explain to them y cannot give. cos outside food got MSG and alot of seasoning. if wanna feed porridge or kway teow, can go home n cook nice healthy yummy ones too!

autumn82

I did not care who is was. I screamed my head off immediately and everyone knows I'm very particular about food all along! Even my parents dont dare to anyhow feed without my permission!

Autumn, at least she ASK! if they ask i'll explain to them why cannot give. cos outside food got MSG and alot of seasoning. if wanna feed porridge or kway teow, can go home and cook nice healthy yummy ones too!
Erm... she didn't ask, she was actually hinting to me that she wanna get it for him to eat when he stays over for the nite.. :001_302: I told her b4 abt the msg and all.. But ya, never went in her brain.

The next day I went to her place to fetch my kids, Belle told me ahma feed Iggy wif waffle.. Then she "haha, ya and he likes it alot!"....... Waffles wif chocolate filling from those bakery.... :embarrassed:

stonston

Autumn, i sure scream my head off and not let her go near my son till she learns her lesson. I'm very mean but my son's welfare comes first. food is a lifelong habit he picks up from young. and while he still cant make decisions, it's up to the parents to give them a good headstart!

autumn82

Autumn, i sure scream my head off and not let her go near my son till she learns her lesson. I'm very mean but my son's welfare comes first. food is a lifelong habit he picks up from young. and while he still cant make decisions, it's up to the parents to give them a good headstart!
I agree. But I can't do that, that's y I can only put them there for 1 nite once a mth or 2mths. I bu fang xin she dunno feed simi.. There's was once she can't handle Iggy, so left him in the yaolan to sleep, Iggy woke up nearly fell off.. she also never tell me. Belle told me. :embarrassed:

She always tell me buy pork bones, cook wif porridge, give Iggy eat. Very tasty.. I was like Erm.. eat plain porridge? I just ignore la.. :tlaugh:

snowbear

hmm breastmilk can be used for cooking? wont the nutrients be lost?

i dont give formula thus cant use formula.. then cant use cow milk also. i can start using cow milk soon though but then i dont really want to take the risk hee.
i also used bm for cooking coz i dun dare to intro cow's milk or any other milk to her... :001_302:

snowbear

I agree. But I can't do that, that's why I can only put them there for 1 nite once a month or 2mths. I bu fang xin she dont know feed simi.. There's was once she can't handle Iggy, so left him in the yaolan to sleep, Iggy woke up nearly fell off.. she also never tell me. Belle told me. :embarrassed:

She always tell me buy pork bones, cook with porridge, give Iggy eat. Very tasty.. I was like Erm.. eat plain porridge? I just ignore .. :tlaugh:
Why are you still letting them stay over at her place then??? It's obvious that she can't be trusted. That day my mil tried to feed my dd muffin!!! I told her in her face "NO". Dh was around then... he also told her better not to.. i'm just wondering if he would have let her do it if i were not ard... That's why i always make sure that dd's not left alone with mil for even a short period of time... grrr

annie

if my mum i will scream my head off lol. i did have many huge quarrels with her when she anyhow feed my dog cos im very particular bout wat my dog eats as well... but then hubby's fren... i dun wan to make hubby in a difficult position. anyway i wont meet her again cos she is not living in japan at this moment..

stonston

Snowbear, my mum also wan to give my muffins, and all those nice stuff. but i explained to her nicely that those bought outside, we dunno wot type of flour, butter and commercial addictives they use to make it tasty and nice!

So my solution was I baked my own bread and cupcakes for my son with ingredients I approve of (organic brown rice flour, organic olive oil and fish oil instead of butter, mashed fruits instead of sugar). This is when I feel tt all my silly practical lessons while i was studying come into good use (I used to hate practical lessons cos we cook and cook and bake and bake then the lecturer will make v sarcastic remarks abt our food grrr!)

autumn82

Why are you still letting them stay over at her place then??? It's obvious that she can't be trusted. That day my mother in law tried to feed my dear daughter muffin!!! I told her in her face "NO". dear husband was around then... he also told her better not to.. i'm just wondering if he would have let her do it if i were not around... That's why i always make sure that dear daughter's not left alone with mother in law for even a short period of time... grrr
Coz I need a breather away from the kids once a while Otherwise I'll go bonkers. :tlaugh:No one else who can look after for me after my mum passed away. So bo pian, leave them there.. :embarrassed:

snowbear

Coz I need a breather away from the kids once a while Otherwise I'll go bonkers. :tlaugh:No one else who can look after for me after my mum passed away. So bo pian, leave them there.. :embarrassed:
guess then u got no choice... So far alicia has always been with either me or dh...

snowbear

Snowbear, my mum also want to give my muffins, and all those nice stuff. but i explained to her nicely that those bought outside, we dont know what type of flour, butter and commercial addictives they use to make it tasty and nice!

So my solution was I baked my own bread and cupcakes for my son with ingredients I approve of (organic brown rice flour, organic olive oil and fish oil instead of butter, mashed fruits instead of sugar). This is when I feel that all my silly practical lessons while i was studying come into good use (I used to hate practical lessons cos we cook and cook and bake and bake then the lecturer will make very sarcastic remarks about our food grrr!)
that sounds like a lot of work... I dun mind giving muffins - but at a later age, as with other sweet things...

annie

i will be going back to sg for a few days to bring my girl to visit my family n relatives but then i wonder how i can make her food! any suggestion?? do i have to resort to buying her those commercial jar food??

snowbear

i will be going back to sg for a few days to bring my girl to visit my family and relatives but then i wonder how i can make her food! any suggestion?? do i have to resort to buying her those commercial jar food??
I have given my dd some bottled food once in a while. She's ok with it. I think if it's just for a couple of days that you're unable to cook for your dd it's fine! Don't beat yourself up over it :tlaugh:

If you really dun like the idea of feeding her bottled food you can just ask your mum to cook some food for your dd? Or you cook at your mum's place? Just bring some of the ground oats/brown rice you have and you can cook it here. I'm sure your mum has plenty of vegetables in her fridge to spare for your dd! :)

Maybe we can even meet up if you got time! :D

annie

i thought of that also but then i wont be meeting my mum everyday thus it will be kinda hard maybe.. hmm.. looks like commercial jar food is my only choice but ive looked through them.. all of them contains some ingredient one way or another that i have not given to my girl.. eg onion, egg etc.. i worry she allergy ...dun give her dunno can or not.. i'l be there only bout 3-4 days.

snowbear

i thought of that also but then i wont be meeting my mum everyday thus it will be kinda hard maybe.. hmm.. looks like commercial jar food is my only choice but ive looked through them.. all of them contains some ingredient one way or another that i have not given to my girl.. eg onion, egg etc.. i worry she allergy ...dont give her dont know can or not.. i'l be there only bout 3-4 days.
One way is to try to feed her those bottled food at japan to try first to test in case got allergic reaction.

annie

dun give her solid those few days can ma? cos her doc suggest we dun give her those allergy food till she is 1-1.5yrs old leh.. eg egg cannot, wheat cannot, milk, cheese, yogurt etc cannot.. then those commercial food seems to all contains eggs...