Is c-section an option in singapore?

yyt47

when all natural, induced, assisted delivery fails, then the doctor will need to do Emergency C-section to get the baby out fast to prevent danger to life etc.
So do hospitals just charge the Emergency C-Sec package price or a combination of the natural birth price with the Emergency C-Sec?? ...sounds like a lot to pay for since this case will use all resources they have to give birth.....

CanCanMum

So do hospitals just charge the Emergency C-Sec package price or a combination of the natural birth price with the Emergency C-Sec?? ...sounds like a lot to pay for since this case will use all resources they have to give birth.....
yes you will need to pay for all the procedures involved....which is high costs.

i ve got a friend whom fails to dilate after her induced birth and end up c-section. So she gotta pay for induced birth + c-section costs....

MizfitMumma

so you mean if i decide to go for c-sect upon arrival at e hospital, it wouldn't be charged as emer c-sect?

Me!!me!!! I had emergency c-sect on the 26 May 2009. Not bcoz my son too big but I didnt dilate further than 4cm.. After bout 10hrs of tryin, no choice had 2 deliver via c-sect...

CJmom

yyt47 you can have more than 3 as long as ur womb can take more surgeries. My mechanic's wife had 5 children all via c-sec.

If ur 2nd one is via natural, then u cud try natural again for 3rd one. However if once c-sec 2nd time then thru out u can only opt c-sec.

If u decide c-sec, go all for it. Dun be like me, pay for natural + emergency c-sec. waste $.

mummycheek

I had emergency c-section too coz my son is not looking down. The healing took a while and had to drink more warm or hot drinks and less cold drinks. Quite difficult losing the tummy part..sigh..wearing corset will help.

1 curious question to anyone who knows- is it true that if we choose C-Sec, the max # of birth by C-Sec is only to have 3kids nothing more?

My 1st gal had to go C-Sec as breech & now for my #2 i am thinking to go C-sec or natural.......

Sometimes want natural also come out C-sec.

yyt47 you can have more than 3 as long as your womb can take more surgeries. My mechanic's wife had 5 children all via c-sec.

If your 2nd one is via natural, then you cud try natural again for 3rd one. However if once c-sec 2nd time then thru out you can only opt c-sec.

If you decide c-sec, go all for it. dont be like me, pay for natural + emergency c-sec. waste $.
Mine also same. Natural + emergency. Shouldn't go hospital so early. Spend almost half the baby bonus amount gone. :nah:

Angelvan

Firstly, sorry if im accidently offend anybody.

We were a group of buddies.....mixture of female & males.
One of my male buddy whom is a father of 3 ranges 1yr/3yr & 6yr,
mentioned that he will have to go to Geylang every once a week.
We were curious & ask him questions like teenage gals.
- Dun he worried about getting any dieases Ans: No...sad to say
- Does he put on the cap 'condom' for preventives measures. Ans: Depends
- Dun he worried about AIDS. Ans: No
- How much is each session. Ans: $20 (2hrs) Hotel by man (2hrs) / Overnight depends.

Reason : Cos his wife already natural deliver 3. And no longer tight for him.
We even joke maybe his is too small.......no tight enough.
But this is reality in the mans' world tot he knows how 'wei da' is a woman going thru all the babies tin. Haiz....wat to say. The decision all depends on you urself.
This is also part of the reason why i opt for C-section.
Luckily enough... my gynac also opt C-section for me due to Blood Pressure goin up during Week 35-37.

Here to share ..........

CanCanMum

yeah i heard before one of the reasons why some ladies choose c-sect is to avoid baby passing thru the birth canal causing it to be enlarged, i do not deny tat.

kuchilek

Hope you ladies don't mind me tag along a question to this thread. For those who have gone thru C-Sect awake, what was the experience like? Do you feel anything? Does the noises made by the equipment make you even more frightened?

yyt47

Hope you ladies dont't mind me tag along a question to this thread. For those who have gone thru C-Sect awake, what was the experience like? Do you feel anything? Does the noises made by the equipment make you even more frightened?
Basically you shld not feel anything below cos you are under Epidural (numb fm waist down), if anyone still feel something,the epidural is not working very well & it is dreadful....

of course your other senses are still working, like sight/sound..you can hear the hospital equipments in the OT ..the scapels against their OT trays blar blar...For my experience, was still ok as they actually use an OT cloth hung from certain distance above to cover up from your chest down so you will not see what is happening down there.. My hubby saw what was happening instead since he was seated next to the OT table with me..(make sure your hubby is strong enuff to see the whole procedures if he wants to accompany you), more likely i was the one trying to distract him from seeing the whole operation of cutting, opening your womb, seeing the blood flow out, pulling our baby out, removing placenta, sewing up etc ....he only can describe to me after everything was over..cos was stunned inside...
it all happened very quickly...in fact less than 15mins everything was over fm the time the edpidural took effect so maybe no time to be scared too....but at the end of it all, seeing & hearing your baby 1st cries out, everything else is forgotten.. I also got to see how they cleaned my baby before they pass to me & we took a family photo inside the OT while my gynae sew me up...

blessings

Basically you shld not feel anything below cos you are under Epidural (numb fm waist down), if anyone still feel something,the epidural is not working very well & it is dreadful....

of course your other senses are still working, like sight/sound..you can hear the hospital equipments in the OT ..the scapels against their OT trays blar blar...For my experience, was still ok as they actually use an OT cloth hung from certain distance above to cover up from your chest down so you will not see what is happening down there.. My hubby saw what was happening instead since he was seated next to the OT table with me..(make sure your hubby is strong enuff to see the whole procedures if he wants to accompany you), more likely i was the one trying to distract him from seeing the whole operation of cutting, opening your womb, seeing the blood flow out, pulling our baby out, removing placenta, sewing up etc ....he only can describe to me after everything was over..cos was stunned inside...it all happened very quickly...in fact less than 15mins everything was over fm the time the edpidural took effect so maybe no time to be scared too....but at the end of it all, seeing & hearing your baby 1st cries out, everything else is forgotten.. I also got to see how they cleaned my baby before they pass to me & we took a family photo inside the OT while my gynae sew me up...
the process of c-sect sounds so scary but i know it will just take a while to complete. urs is planned or emergency c-sect?
how is the healing process for u? was it difficult or painful?
i tink i'm more scared abt the healing process than the actual day procedure.
i manage to convince my hubby to allow me to have c-sect and my gynae also agreed to do it for me.
getting more kan cheong each day cos the day is getting nearer and nearer...counting down.

yyt47

the process of c-sect sounds so scary but i know it will just take a while to complete. urs is planned or emergency c-sect?
how is the healing process for you? was it difficult or painful?
i tink i'm more scared about the healing process than the actual day procedure.
i manage to convince my hubby to allow me to have c-sect and my gynae also agreed to do it for me.
getting more kan cheong each day cos the day is getting nearer and nearer...counting down.
Mine was a planned C-Sec when my gal was in 39th wk.

Healing process was not that bad as some described, maybe depends on individual threshold for pain... I was able to walk on the next day by myself (slowly of course) to the nursery and even to those post natal classes offered.Your gynae should be able to advice you how to take proper care of your wound/stitches and he/she should provide you with some cream (cannot remember what cream) to apply after the stitches are almost healed so that it will remove any scarring...now my scar is almost gone (unless u have keloids- extra flesh growing out) Of course you need to take healthy food like any confinement periods esp fish which is believed to heal faster. By the time i got discharged which is like 4th day, i can almost walk like normal but of course sneezing/couging makes it quite painful. At times you might feel bit contractions on yr womb due to the internal healing process also but that is normal also.

Dun worry about it, it will be over by the time you even know it...I was kan cheong & worried when i had my C-Sec for my 1st child too cos many pple telling me is considered a Major OT so is very high risk thing..but then think of it..giving birth itself is already a high risk for both mother & child...just a different way of getting the baby out...

1 another good thing about C-sec is friends/relatives say my girl's head is very round & very nice/natural unlike those being squeezed out of the birth canal.....

For me it is quite decided that i will opt for C-sec for my coming #2 too...Thanks to others who gave their advices in below thread too!!