IUI Plan & Info

viv

2ww is over...disappointed once again this month....now am thinking of whether i want to try it the 3rd time.

afoomi

milo: not getting any younger and chances decreases as u age....might go for another cycle of iui but will speak to doc and c how things goes.
I will be trying 4th cycle of IUI next month, but the doctor said the sperm normal morphology reading 0-1, she suggest us to proceed with IVF if this round fails. But the cost of IVF would be 12k - 15k.....

viv

I will be trying 4th cycle of IUI next month, but the doctor said the sperm normal morphology reading 0-1, she suggest us to proceed with IVF if this round fails. But the cost of IVF would be 12k - 15k.....
afoomi:bb dust to u!! When will u b starting ur 4th cycle?i'm still thinking if i want to start my 3rd cycle of iui....did u have ur iui continuously?

viv

One of my cllg done IVF @ KK.. 1st round success.
Cash around $2k and the rest use medisave.
milo: would u have the name of the doc? might decide to try it.....ivf can only be subsidized if i go to a government hospital right?

milo8899

My cllg told me Dr SF Loh. If choose Dr Loh, consider private rate, no subsidize.
Anyway, IVF @ KK will not more than 10k i think. It's better you call in and ask.

afoomi

I have my first cycle, stop 2 cycle (for Thong chai chinese herbs), then 2nd, stop another cycle, 3 - 4 continuous. If you were to ask me, I think better don't stop unless advice by the doctor. Because previous months, i stop 2 - 3 cycles, I felt that I'm wasting my time. But most importantly, you have to mentally prepared for it, be relax. Don't do it for the sake of having a baby.

SleepyJu

You all can try ivf under govt hospitals.. Govt subsidize some n can use mediasave... The remaining amount to pay around the same as u do 1 cycle of iui.. This is wat I heard frm my friend who has done a cycle of ivf.... Jiayou to all! My gynae also kep asking me to try iui...but I decided to take clomid for 1 more cycle before thinking of that......gd luck to all

Other then trying clomid, iui then ivf...what others method to try? I was thinking to maybe try TCM/ accupuncture?

Last edited:

mei2009

Hi ladies, does the husband have to provide sperms at the time of ovulation or can he do ahead of time and freeze or something? My problem is that he is very busy and can only BD on weekends but I cannot control my ovaries to ovulate on weekends only! I'm wondering if I can freeze his boys and do IUI... Appreciate your advice!

viv

Hi ladies, does the husband have to provide sperms at the time of ovulation or can he do ahead of time and freeze or something? My problem is that he is very busy and can only BD on weekends but I cannot control my ovaries to ovulate on weekends only! I'm wondering if I can freeze his boys and do IUI... Appreciate your advice!
mei: Hi. Usually doc will ask for husband's sperm to be there in the morning...and the sperm can only be taken an hour before and needs to be at the hospital within an hour or so.