IUI Plan & Info

viv

Went to see doc yesterday and he said that i'm still stimulated and asked to stop for one cycle. Will start on my 3rd cycle next month. Does anyone know of any success stories with SO-IUI?

mei2009

mei: Hi. Usually doc will ask for husband's sperm to be there in the morning...and the sperm can only be taken an hour before and needs to be at the hospital within an hour or so.
Thanks, viv.

Baby dust to everyone trying!

afoomi

afoomi: thanks for the encouragement....would like to hear good news too....will be starting my 3rd cycle tonight...have u started urs?
mine would be coming friday or saturday. :)
I hope I don't have to go through IVF. God bless.

afoomi

Went to see doc yesterday and he said that i'm still stimulated and asked to stop for one cycle. Will start on my 3rd cycle next month. Does anyone know of any success stories with SO-IUI?
SO-IUI is different from IUI? More eggs will be stimulated? I would love to have twins, but not triplet or quadruplet woh....

afoomi

You all can try ivf under govt hospitals.. Govt subsidize some n can use mediasave... The remaining amount to pay around the same as u do 1 cycle of iui.. This is wat I heard frm my friend who has done a cycle of ivf.... Jiayou to all! My gynae also kep asking me to try iui...but I decided to take clomid for 1 more cycle before thinking of that......gd luck to all

Other then trying clomid, iui then ivf...what others method to try? I was thinking to maybe try TCM/ accupuncture?
You can try chinese medicine at Thong Chai hospital, quite a few of success stories to conceive naturally there. But if you want fast result, you will have to proceed with western method.

milo8899

SO-IUI is different from IUI? More eggs will be stimulated? I would love to have twins, but not triplet or quadruplet woh....
Not really, my first SO-IUI only have one agg.

Dear all,
Does your cycle consistent?
Kindly share more info here so that we can know the root cause.

Mine no clomid - between 35-40days, with clomid 28-30days.
Hubby sperms vol 6ml & normal forms 1-2%

viv

Not really, my first SO-IUI only have one agg.

Dear all,

Yep...my cycle is pretty consistent...but now that i started on SO-IUI...its become not consistent already.

My 1st and 2nd SO-IUI had a number of eggs but guess none was good enough so will have to continue on with my 3rd cycle (stopping for 1 mth though).

Mine...with clomid and no clomid....28-32 days

hopeful17

Hi Ladies,
new to this thread.
Just had my first SO-IUI and in my 2ww. 3 more days to go. The odds are not in our favor but i am going to remain positive.

Mei 2009- We had the sperm frozen as we live in Shanghai and that seemed the best option for us. Stress free. But the downside of it was, as the thawing is done just before the IUI procedure, most of the sperm didnt make it. The sperm count was only 270 000, way below what was needed- above 1 million. We were caught unprepared.

Good luck to all TCC!

viv

Hi Ladies,
new to this thread.
Just had my first SO-IUI and in my 2ww. 3 more days to go. The odds are not in our favor but i am going to remain positive.

Mei 2009- We had the sperm frozen as we live in Shanghai and that seemed the best option for us. Stress free. But the downside of it was, as the thawing is done just before the IUI procedure, most of the sperm didnt make it. The sperm count was only 270 000, way below what was needed- above 1 million. We were caught unprepared.

Good luck to all TCC!
hopeful17: baby dust to you!

mei2009

hopeful17 - thanks for sharing! I'm overseas too, in Chicago. Will freeze his boys when we go back to Singapore next year. And yes, stay positive, you only need the one good sperm to succeed! All the best :)

afoomi

Sperm analysis usually need $50-80
I guess Sperm normal morphology < 10% Doc will ask u do IUI and <=1% will do IVF
I didn't know about this until recently. I should have consult doctor earlier, I've been trying to conceive naturally for almost 5 years, then only I seek for medical treatment.

afoomi

Dear all,

I am about the same like you, shorter cycle (28-30 days) with clomid.

sphyaw

Hi Everyone!
I am new to MummySG! Hubby n I have been ttc for 3 years without success. And I am already in my late thirties.
My gynae is Dr Sadhana from KK. She's very straight to the point and direct and suit my personality. I had been through all the fertility tests and we are normal in everything, so most probably will be going through SO-IUI because of my age.
From the forums, it seem like IUI (including SO-IUI) procedures are highly unsuccessful. Are there anyone who succeed in getting preggie on IUI procedures? Please join in to encourage us.
Is IUI/SO-IUI similar to HSG when introducing the washed sperms? I would like to know to get mentally prepared as I have low pain threshold.

hopeful17

@Viv & Mei2009- Thank you both!
@Sphyaw- My gynae is Dr.Sadhano too. I have finished my first round of SO-IUI . My blood test is tomorrow. (16dpo) Fingers crossed!

I will post an update whatever the outcome is.

sphyaw

Jiayou (add oil)! Hopeful17! Any good news?

i'm excited for you!

:Dancing_wub::Dancing_biggrin::Dancing_biggrin::Dancing_biggrin:

hopeful17

Thank you Mei2009.

I have a long road ahead. So i am going to take one step at a time and celebrate it along the way. I am glad i made it on the first go as my time is running out fast. I am 43.

viv

Yup i made it! PREGNANT! I have no other details. Appointment with Dr. Sadhana tomorrow.
Hopeful: Congratulations! It's really great that u made it the first time!!
Care to share what you did after the 'procedure' or what was ur diet like?

sphyaw

congratilations! hopeful17! Yours is an encouragment to us who have not reached there. happy for you. My appointment with Dr.Sadhana is 18th Aug, still waiting for that day. hope to be like you, first time strike!!