IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

tampopo

anyone here can recommend me a good ivf doctor? been seeing Dr. LC cheng at thomson medical...but due to the recent controversy...the government has suspended tmc from accepting new cases.

I have done 3 iui with LC cheng at tmc..but failed..now considering IVF...not sure which doctors to seek since TMC is out now.

Hubby and I both are healthy and no ferlity probs but been trying for 2 years plus but no luck with baby...

so sad...

pumpkin101

Oh yes, the mixed up is real bad.. imagine trying to concieve for 10yrs and finally concieved through ivf. Gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but DNA only belongs to mother. If I'm the couple, will confirm sue TFC until bankrupt. Such mistake will affect the couple and innocent baby for life! Oh geez.. hope Kandang Kerbau Hospital do not have such problem.

I failed my 1st ICSI at Kandang Kerbau Hospital in Oct. It result in chemical pregnancy and officially lost 2 embroys @ 4w4d. It was devasting when spotting came 12dpet and hcg blood test shows very low hcg level (18.7). I will rest for 2 cycles and do (natural thaw) fet in Dec. Is any ladies doing ivf or fet?
When I visit My doc few days ago, he used TRAGIC when I mentioned about this case. It's indeed devasting and I am simply wondering if the couple will keep the baby. I have lost track of the news. I only knew yes they have closed down the "department" and not taking anymore new case...

My hubby asked me if this happened to me and him... how??? WOW I really don't want don't dare to freaking think about it man!

What is natural thaw fet?

momo-san

anyone here can recommend me a good ivf doctor? been seeing Dr. LC cheng at thomson medical...but due to the recent controversy...the government has suspended tmc from accepting new cases.

I have done 3 iui with LC cheng at tmc..but failed..now considering IVF...not sure which doctors to seek since TMC is out now.

Hubby and I both are healthy and no ferlity probs but been trying for 2 years plus but no luck with baby...

so sad...

Hi Tampopo

You may consider Dr Loh Siong Fei(sorry, not very sure abt the spelling) from KK hospital. He had appeared in some magazine or newspaper before. A fren of mine also recommend him. I had consulted him once abt 2 yrs back, unable to feedback much abt him but 1st impression is quite ok. Anyway, me and my hubby going to see him again for IVF. This is my 1st time for IVF so unable to provide u more info.
Stay positive, dat's wat my hubby always said. same as u, we are healthy and no probs yet we have been trying for 5 yrs.

momo-san

Hi momo-san!

is this your first ivf? can you update me again after your session with dr loh?
yes, this is my 1st ivf. I just went for my consultation, yet to perform the actual process. I quite satisfy with his consultation. He did not rush thing through and willing to explain to our questions. I had visited 3 gynae before him and I find it comfortable talking to him.

momo-san

For those who going to perform IUI I would like to share this information which I got it from a doc. It is important to know the IUI procedures from the clinic or hospital. i feel like been conned after I got to know that scanning or medication is require for IUI.

I visited a popular and expensive clinic 2 yrs back for IUI and I was only advised to use the ovulation kit to monitor my ovulation period, then go back to the clinic and do the insemination. The process lack of thoroughness.

Good Luck to those doing IUI : )

What is natural thaw fet?
Natural FET cycle

1. Ultrasound until the dominant follicle is greater than 14mm in mean diameter.

2. Then, daily urine LH testing.

3. Once ovulation is confirmed by LH surge, the thawed embryo transfer is planned.

4. The timing of the transfer varies according to the day on which the embryos were frozen (for example on day 3 or day 5 of development).
- Day 3 frozen embryos cycles are done with transfer on day 4-5 after the LH surge.
- Blastocyst FET cycles are done with transfer on day 7-8 after the LH surge.

5. Luteal support: 200 mg vaginal suppositories can be used twice daily (this can be optional).

6. Pregnancy test 9 to 14 days after embryo transfer, depending on the stage of embryos at FET and the preferences of the IVF clinic.

Last edited:

Christmas hope

Dear Ladies

I am married for 4 years and trying for a baby now. Went through a lot of emotional pain and i suffered some psychological barrier. Can anyone share with me a good gynae who does IUI?

Thank you.

Dear Ladies

I am married for 4 years and trying for a baby now. Went through a lot of emotional pain and i suffered some psychological barrier. Can anyone share with me a good gynae who does IUI?

Thank you.
Hi Christmas,

I'm married for 6yrs (04) and started ttc in 05/06. After ttc for 1yr w/o success, we decide to seek fertility treatment. In 06/07, we went to Gleneagles/O&G Partners and did 6x clomid treatments. Our fertility screen results were ok but we didn't succeed. In 07/08, we switch to TMC/Dr LC Cheng and did laparoscopy and TCM for >1yr but still no news. Finally in 09, we switch to KKH and did so-iui in Feb 10 but result in BFN. In Aug 10, we decide to do ivf but end in chemical. It was a very long and agony journey for us! Everything was so devasting last mth when my ivf result in chemical. Now, I go TCM @ AMK with Dr Zou to tiao my body every week in prepare for fet.

There are a few fertility centres you can consider. For govt hospital, SGHCare /Dr Yu SL or Kandang Kerbau Hospital/Dr SF Loh. For private, ParagonCare/Dr Paul.

Last edited:

Christmas hope

Thank you minakochang

You are very brave. i think i ran away from the problem many times. Told myself that i want to face it..for the sake of my supporting hubby too. I have very low tolerance for pain and find it difficult to share with pple about my challenge.

I had researched on Dr Ann Tan at Paragon too. Not sure if she is good. I am more comfortable with a female.

Please continue to believe that miracles will happen.

poknat

Thank you minakochang

You are very brave. i think i ran away from the problem many times. Told myself that i want to face it..for the sake of my supporting hubby too. I have very low tolerance for pain and find it difficult to share with pple about my challenge.

I had researched on Dr Ann Tan at Paragon too. Not sure if she is good. I am more comfortable with a female.

Please continue to believe that miracles will happen.

Dr. Ann Tan is good but quite expensive. The machines in her clinic are TOP OF THE LINE! You can see everything in the big creen - fibroids, cervix & all!

I want to go back there once we decided to go for IUI but we are bit worried of the charges :-(

Christmas hope

yes. i think her short consultation alone is min $150. But, this is similar to a female doc that i went to at Thomson Medical. But, i am not comfortable with her.

Anyone knows Dr Ann Tan estimate charges for IUI?

serirahayur

Hi all,

Im new here. Here's a short intro of myself.
Im married and TTC for 2 years now. Went for tests at KKH and hubby
got low sperm count. Prof SF Loh from KKIVF recommends IVF.
So starting on IVF in January when menses comes.

Anyone can advise me what I can do/take to prepare my body for IVF?

Dandelion

Oh yes, the mixed up is real bad.. imagine ttc for 10yrs and finally concieved through ivf. Gave birth to a beautiful bb girl but DNA only belongs to mother. If I'm the couple, will confirm sue TFC until bankrupt. Such mistake will affect the couple and innocent bb for life! Oh geez.. hope kkh do not have such problem.

I failed my 1st ICSI at kkh in Oct. It result in chemical pregnancy and officially lost 2 embroys @ 4w4d. It was devasting when spotting came 12dpet and hcg blood test shows very low hcg level (18.7). I will rest for 2 cycles and do (natural thaw) fet in Dec. Is any ladies doing ivf or fet?
Hi Minako, do you mind sharing who ur doc at KK is? Have you started the FET cycle?

Dandelion

I'm seeingDr SF Loh @ Kandang Kerbau Hospital. I will start FET when next AF comes because he is on leave from 19-31Dec. My AF is due end Dec/early Jan.
Thanks for the reply minako. Heard many good reviews on Dr Loh. Did you go under TPS to see him? All the best to your coming cycle. :)

Thanks for the reply minako. Heard many good reviews on Dr Loh. Did you go under TPS to see him? All the best to your coming cycle. :)
Nope.. I see him @ Clinic D but long waiting hrs. I got referral from polyclinic to do all the fertility test but when I confirm to start ivf, I switch doc-in-charge to Dr Loh. Anyway, we only get to see him 2x (er/et) only during ivf. Who is your doc in charge? You also with kkh?

ifah03

Hi ladies...

just want to share... my girlfren had a few cycles of IVF/IUI... she was eager at first but got dissappointed a long the way...

Then, on her 4th IVF try, she conceived!!!

This time, she also went for some acupunture treatment.
Costly, but it WORKS!!!

She saw an acupunturist at Paragon, not sure which clinic.
Had abt 6-7 sessions, she said the no depends on ur body condition.
She had to bring all her medical reports, hubby sperm test reports.

So, hope some of you can consider doing similar treatment to enchance your chances of conceiving.