IVF

steamboat

Ya...I tink Thomson and NUH is using different protocol....I m not sure abt Thomson...bt I tink we using different fertility drugs...

For NUH, normally we will jab 14 days of Suprefact, then go back for scanning and BT and c whether we are fuilly supressed, if the result is favourable, then we will advance to stimulation stage...whereby we will jab minimum 12 days of Gonal F and in btw we got to go back for scannings every 2 to 3 days to monitor the situation closely...cos dosage might be increased or decreased according to the scanning results....then will proceed to ER and ET....then comes the 2ww...

I tink Thomson is using shorter protocol...

rayhwz

Alpha Male
end of the day is results that counts! Thomson or NUH more success cases?

also whats the cost for each?

thanks!

steamboat

end of the day is results that counts! Thomson or NUH more success cases?

also whats the cost for each?

thanks!

Hi rayhwz,
Not sure abt the success rate in Thomson...NUH is hving a success rate of abt 36% while KKH is 40% (I asked abt the reason before and they commented it is bcos KKH has more patients)...true enuff...KKH has more patients cos it is cheaper than NUH...
The cost of IVF depends on individual's dosage for the drugs...Generally, the cost is btw 8k to 12k...
If u ask me abt service...I tink the NUH provided better service than KKH..this is my POV.

babylemon

Understd tat TMC is using Simplified IVF. I think lesser injections but maybe more pills. However I think the waiting time to get your body ready is still rather long. Afterall, one cycle takes abt a month. For my case, I waited 6 months aldy.

steamboat

Understd that Thomson Medical Center is using Simplified IVF. I think lesser injections but maybe more pills. However I think the waiting time to get your body ready is still rather long. Afterall, one cycle takes about a month. For my case, I waited 6 months already.

babylemon,
All my jabs will takes abt 28 days....afterwhich will be resting at home for another 18 days before knowing the result...

Lim2528

No. This is the 4th cycle i'm taking (1-2 cycles are 50mg, 3-4 cycles are 100mg). Only on the 4th cycle, my gynae ask me to go check if i did have eggs or not! So after checking that i've eggs, gynae say only 1 egg is correct size but not big enuf, wait for another few days...
Then just went last wk again, gynae say egg big enuf already & give me pregnyl jab. Also advise me to ML the next few days as the jab will make me ovaluate within these 2 days.

Now i can only pray it works this time....!
I'm on clomid for few months (3times) but gynae didn't tell me if I have eggs or not. How your gynae check if you got egg and how they know your O day? Pls advice, so at least I know on the next visit what should I request for. On the 1st cycle done the 21days blood test and he told me that I respond to the clomid. My gynae only asked us to ML on day 10 to 18 (alternate) but still not strike.:swoon:

Lim2528

hey gals, did you try lapor before IVF? Is lapor very painful?

My gynae told me that will give me 2 months till Feb and if not conceive will do lapor. If lapor fail, than do IVF.

lawla12

I'm on clomid for few months (3times) but gynae didn't tell me if I have eggs or not. How your gynae check if you got egg and how they know your O day? Pls advice, so at least I know on the next visit what should I request for. On the 1st cycle done the 21days blood test and he told me that I respond to the clomid. My gynae only asked us to ML on day 10 to 18 (alternate) but still not strike.:swoon:

ur gynae nv scan ur "below" to check for the egg size????

when i was on clomid, gynae scan below to check how many eggs i've.....she oso check the size of the eggs to determine when is my O date.......

tat was the 1st cycle...then 2nd cycle, my AF came slightly later n she estimate my O date too....3rd cycle, i was left on my own cos gynae says my O date shd b ard the same timing since the length of my AF cycle is almost the same.....

but after 3 cycles, sadly to say, i'm not preggie n move on to IUI lohhhh....did 2 IUIs but failed....so now, seeing TCM.......tsk tsk tsk~

babylemon

Probably you can use a OPK (ovulation predictor kit) to know which exact day you ovulate. Can be bought in pharmacy. After it shows a positive result, you should ML after 12 hrs. And I believe should ML as many times as possible within another 12hr window period. (this instruction i got fm nurse)

My own belief is tat this method will work unless there is some fertility prob from the male or female side. Alternatively, for a cheaper method, you can also plot your mense dates (preferbably for 3mths if you hv irregular mense) in some fertility websites where it will predict your ovulation date base on estimation.

If I rem correctly, the gynae wont know whether you hv eggs unless you do IVF bcos the eggs are really being retrieved. From my IVF experience, even though I had 30 over follicles, there were only 20 over eggs being retrieved, and not all eggs are fertilised. So I think egg and sperm quality plays a very impt role for miracle to happen. Unfortunately, this is something which nobody can control except nature.

chelsy

Starting a new thread in this area. Feel that the info that I can find is not sufficient and not many ppl post this topic. Hope that this will encourage ppl to share their experiences and better still, their success stories... :wong19:
Hi Babylemon,
I have been married for 10 years & currently preggie for 12 weeks :Dancing_wub:
I had tried IUI with no result, IVF with ectopic pregnancy, surgery to removed Pholyp in my uterus, my husband has went through small surgery to increase the sperm counts plus visited many gynae in KK, Mt.E, Glenleagles & TCMs! But all of my 10 years effort did not result to anything!!!
I am pregnant not because of IUI or IVF but because of the injection call "Superflex". its a kind of injection for preparation for IVF.
I got few friends pregnant from this injection but of course you still got to monitor your body temperature & ovulation period during the "superflex injection".
I can recommend the gynae that I am visiting now if you are keen. I visited him 9 years ago but because of the "ex $ fee" that we have paid 9 years ago (we only visited him once 9 years ago), we decided to change gynae, end up i have spent lots of money for the past 9 years with keep changing gynae.
I am visiting this gynae again & it works! I am preggie after the 1 week of "superflex injection"
Good luck!
Cheers,
Chels

muffin lover

wow. congra chelsy,

can to share more info about this "superflex injection"?? sound interesting..:001_302:

Hi Babylemon,
I have been married for 10 years & currently preggie for 12 weeks :Dancing_wub:
I had tried IUI with no result, IVF with ectopic pregnancy, surgery to removed Pholyp in my uterus, my husband has went through small surgery to increase the sperm counts plus visited many gynae in KK, Mt.E, Glenleagles & TCMs! But all of my 10 years effort did not result to anything!!!
I am pregnant not because of IUI or IVF but because of the injection call "Superflex". its a kind of injection for preparation for IVF.
I got few friends pregnant from this injection but of course you still got to monitor your body temperature & ovulation period during the "superflex injection".
I can recommend the gynae that I am visiting now if you are keen. I visited him 9 years ago but because of the "ex $ fee" that we have paid 9 years ago (we only visited him once 9 years ago), we decided to change gynae, end up i have spent lots of money for the past 9 years with keep changing gynae.
I am visiting this gynae again & it works! I am preggie after the 1 week of "superflex injection"
Good luck!
Cheers,
Chels

J

justforgags

yah chelsy!! cn DH hv tis injection to make them relax as well?? cz my DH sumtyms tend to get tense up wen they need to work it out hard=) he dint say it for sure but with wht he went thru i cn feel tt he always look n feel dissapointed wen my AF comes=(

chelsy

wow. congra chelsy,

can to share more info about this "superflex injection"?? sound interesting..:001_302:
Hi Muffin lover,
We have decided for IVF but the gynae adviced that my body, mind & womb got to be "relax" & ready before we start the IVF procedure otherwise the planted embryo might not stick in the lining.

My gynae gave me a body temperature chart for me to mark my daily temperature every morning before I get up from my bed. There is an indicator in the worksheet when you need to intimate. dont need to be frequent lol :p, mine only 3x during that month & it works.

My gynae gave me 2 weeks (altenate day - 6 doses) supply of superflex injection. I only did it for 4x (still got left over 2 doses). The nurse told me to stop the injection since I got preggie before I complete the injection. They will teach you how to do the injection yourself.

I got blood test exactly 3 1/2 weeks after my 1st day of menses. The bloodtest is the inital stage of IVF procedure.

When the gynae told me I dont need to start the IVF procedure because i am 3 1/2 weeks pregnant, I burst & cried because I dont believe I would get pregnant so easily since I had tried IUI & IVF with other gynae but with no result.

The nurse told me dont try to test my urine with the pregnancy kit because the urine HCG will only show after I am 4-5 weeks pregnant.

Good Luck!!!

Cheers

Last edited:

chelsy

yah chelsy!! cn dear husband have tis injection to make them relax as well?? cz my dear husband sumtyms tend to get tense up wen they need to work it out hard=) he dint say it for sure but with wht he went thru i cn feel that he always look n feel dissapointed wen my AF comes=(
Hi,
I think this injection is only for female which will help us to relax our womb & mind.
As for male, only the day surgery, vitamin & injection to increase the sperm quality & count.
Tried dont "do" to frequently :shyxxx: otherwise both got no mood when u r ovulating.

Goodluck!

J

justforgags

Hi,
I think this injection is only for female which will help us to relax our womb & mind.
As for male, only the day surgery, vitamin & injection to increase the sperm quality & count.
Tried dont "do" to frequently :shyxxx: otherwise both got no mood when you are ovulating.

Goodluck!
U mean ur hubby go thru day surgery, vitamins n injection?? we dun do it often it only happens wen he's in the mood=)

J

justforgags

Hi Muffin lover,

I got blood test exactly 3 1/2 weeks after my 1st day of menses. The bloodtest is the inital stage of IVF procedure.

When the gynae told me I dont need to start the IVF procedure because i am 3 1/2 weeks pregnant, I burst & cried because I dont believe I would get pregnant so easily since I had tried IUI & IVF with other gynae but with no result.

The nurse told me dont try to test my urine with the pregnancy kit because the urine HCG will only show after I am 4-5 weeks pregnant.

Good Luck!!!

Cheers
tis part is touching!! make me cry for joy sia='( i feel u=) congratz again! may u hv a safe n smooth pregnancy=)enjoy!!:Dancing_wub:

chelsy

you mean your hubby go thru day surgery, vitamins n injection?? we dont do it often it only happens wen he's in the mood=)
some of my hubby friends went through this surgery (since according to the gynae this is normal lol):

1 of them, wife got pregnant 2 months after the surgery without hubby taking any vitamin/ injection.

1 of them, got to take vitamin after the surgery since wife did not ge pregnant 2 months after the surgery. after the surgery + vitamins, wife got pregnant

the other one, wife did not get pregnant 2 months after the surgery, got to take vitamin, no sign in the 3rd month, then hubby must have injection, finally got pregnant.

The gynae said this really depends on each individual person + the workload stress in the office..

J

justforgags

some of my hubby friends went through this surgery (since according to the gynae this is normal lol):

1 of them, wife got pregnant 2 months after the surgery without hubby taking any vitamin/ injection.

1 of them, got to take vitamin after the surgery since wife did not ge pregnant 2 months after the surgery. after the surgery + vitamins, wife got pregnant

the other one, wife did not get pregnant 2 months after the surgery, got to take vitamin, no sign in the 3rd month, then hubby must have injection, finally got pregnant.

The gynae said this really depends on each individual person + the workload stress in the office..

gr8 info chelsy, thx for sharing ur joy here. very happy for u dearie:Dancing_wub:

J

justforgags

chelsy,

i tink nothing is impossible for dr chen ya... but at the same time pray hard oso lor:smile: