Miscarriage

lovearth

Thanks prayinghard & faithmummy :)
Will update u gals after seeing my gynae tmr.
Hope everything is fine.. *keeping my fingers crossed*

prayinghard

Faithmummy, Yup I'm still with Dr su. Ok I will drink her medicine diligently. She also asked me to be relaxed. Actually she told me she will also encounter people asking why is it she is tcm herself why she only have one child why can't she have more. So she say most important is don't be affected by other external factors (like so and so get pregnant fast) just relax and we will have ours also.

Actually I feel much better after talking to her as she kinda have that confident that really can convince me

auraci

Just had D&C last friday.... my 1st pregnancy. =(
I had brown discharge during week 6 & 7 but heart beat seen..

but at week 7, bb only grew 2.5mm (very slow growth) and only saw a faint heart beat.

at week 8 no growth and no heart beat found. =(
Gynae said not optimistic so i did 2 blood tests, HCG level dropped. Still pinning hope, i did another external party scan. fetal size grew smaller and no heart beat found.
I've no choice but to terminate this pregnancy.... heart sank. =....(

now gonna pull myself up and start afresh again.

ladies..... about the chao du, how do i go about doing it?
thanks.

Last edited:
faithmummy, thanks for the well wishes ;) I was so emo during the first day of menses... went back to my parent's place and cried before dinner. Felt better after comforted by my mum.

My husband staff's wife had given birth to baby girl 2 days ago. They wanted me & hubby to be the god parents. I was so happy coz according to my relatives, if a couple has no child but want a child of their own, they need to carry a newborn or be the newborn's god parents. The couple will conceive the soonest. We carried my cousin's newborn baby girl during CNY, we got BFP the following month. I truly hope to see BFP next month. Me & hubby are going to visit our god-daughter tonight, yeahhhh~~

lovearth, how was the consultation with your gynae? I hope your body has cleansed the remaining blood and your uterus is slowly healing :)

Try to visit TCM after your mini confinement. I did that and menses came less than 4 weeks time, really looking forward to the end of menses this few days, haha..... the physician gave me a bottle of medicine+hormonal capsules to cleanse the remaining blood/force menses to come earlier. I did not require D&C coz I went back to gynae after a week from mc, scan showed uterus is back to normal size and no more bleeding.

lovearth

Dear auraci
Ur situation is almost the same as mine. Rem if u wan to cry jus cry dun try to control ur emo cos u will feel worse.
Dun feel alone ok :)
If u have anything u feel curious u can use this platform to ask. I found myself feeling better :) thanks to all the fellow gals here :)
Just had D&C last friday.... my 1st pregnancy. =(
I had brown discharge during week 6 & 7 but heart beat seen..

but at week 7, bb only grew 2.5mm (very slow growth) and only saw a faint heart beat.

at week 8 no growth and no heart beat found. =(
Gynae said not optimistic so i did 2 blood tests, HCG level dropped. Still pinning hope, i did another external party scan. fetal size grew smaller and no heart beat found.
I've no choice but to terminate this pregnancy.... heart sank. =....(

now gonna pull myself up and start afresh again.

ladies..... about the chao du, how do i go about doing it?
thanks.

Auraci,

Most temples will do chao du during 7th month, its a mass ritual. You can ask your nearest temple...

I stay bedok, so i did in Mann fatt lam temple. Cost was $50 last year.
Just need to give them you and your hubby names...

On the actual day, you can bring some milk and toys to pay respect.

Big hug to you girl.... take good care of your health now... do a good confinement to tune your health back... then try again...

prayinghard, auraci.... me & hubby went to 佛堂 a week ago for the chao du. Coincidentally it was the last day of them doing 'qing ming' mass ritual praying. No appointment needed and 随意乐捐 for the chao du. We gave RM100 in a red packet. The master/nun told us to write down our name and 流产婴灵 (due to natural mc with no name).

I brought along a set of baby's clothes + pacifier + milk bottles + sweets... thought maybe it's needed for the chao du, but the nun told me such way of praying it's only for taoist. She told me to keep for my coming healthy baby and she blessed me to conceive soonest :)

I went to zhu sheng niang niang to pray just now. It's her birthday today and I know a lot of temples celebrate her big day, including S'pore. Strangely, JB celebrates on lunar 8th day of August. I still follow my heart to pray today coz I've planned this day for some time. Brought flowers & some fruits over just now.

Ladies, the best of luck to you and me. Let's nurse our body & mind back to optimum health. I believe we will be a healthy mother to healthy child really soon. Baby dust to you & me ♥♥♥♥♥♥

lovearth

Thanks prayinghard & faithmummy :)
Will update u gals after seeing my gynae tmr.
Hope everything is fine.. *keeping my fingers crossed*
Hi gals as promised will keep u gals update abt my check up today.
My gynae did a scan & everything is cleared. As for the cramps & sudden bleeding, he mentioned is due to over exertion of my pelvic muscle. Last sat I went temple prayed & also marketing with my
mum at bugis. He said not a big issue & I shd be fine after 2 weeks. I dun hv to follow up any chk up unless serious cramping, bleeding or fever. And acc to him some of his patient conceived before the first menstrual cycle & they hv successful pregnancy. He said is a matter of "are we ready?" He knows I'm a super full of stress & anxiety person(I hv occasion high blood pressure & hyperthyrodism history) so the 2 things he wan me to do is to control my blood pressure & thyroid issue.
Haiz.. guess I must learn to relax & must be strong...

auraci

thanks ladies....

gynae gave me 2 weeks mc , told me to do a mini confinement for 2 weeks.
going back for a follow up next week, hope she gives green light to ttc again...

let's jiayou together...

prayinghard

Auraci, hugs cry it out and take this 2 weeks to rest more and eat more confinement food. You may also drink 8zhen which is recommend by my tcm 3days after af cleared.

Lovearth, great to hear that all are cleared. Even your gynae also say he has many cases of success right after d&c which also can carry to full term , I am sure you will be his next case soonest.

Audiencemama, Thanks for the info. Have you carry the newborn just now? You can also ask the newborn mummy see if can give u one of the clothes the bb wear before and personally pass it you. Then you can place them under your pillow, every night sleep on it. I ever heard this from old folks and I'm not sure how true is it

lovearth, good... good to know your gynae visit has went well. Eat and rest well during 2 weeks of confinement, also no strenuous activities or carry heavy stuffs. I did rest/lie in bed as much as I could till now :) Yes, once you eat well and after D&C, you can be very fertile. Both sides of my ovaries have many beautiful eggs growing 1 week after the mc, gynae showed me thru the scan. I truly believe due to the confinement food I consumed. So, jia you!!!

prayinghard, we changed our goddaughter's visit to Labour day. See and cuddle her in the day time better, haha... I've heard from a friend about having the baby clothes to keep on the bed. Must check with the daddy mummy if they can donate baby's clothes to us :confused: Have you tried that?

lovearth

Thanks gals.. may I know what kind of confinement foods are u taking? I'll be going to work this Thursday. If I'm outside, wat kind of foods shd I take? & is it ok to drink hot beverages like milk tea? The tonic soup how often do i hv to drink? When drink d.o.m, how much do I hv to take every night? Hehee.. sorry so many Qs... thanks in adv! ;)

prayinghard

Audiencemama, I didn't because I don't dare to ask I'm just hoping that some kind soul mother can give me but don't have. But my hb managed to ask his staff to let her baby girl around one year plus to be our God daughter. I'm really happy but as she is in Malaysia so we will arrange a trip to visit her one of these days, which I am really looking forward to. I am also being advise by my master that I can adopt a God child before I will have mine.

Lovearth, eat more 麻油鸡,猪脚醋,basically alot of gingers etc. When you drink dom every night just take a very small cap about half will do.

dunkatelic

don't give up.

Hi all. I'm a healthy 24yo with no medical history. First time pregnant was June 2012 but reposed I was mc-ing at week 5 to 6. Never gotten to hear heartbeat or anything. Didn't expect it to happen. That day I wasn't well. Had a terrible cold and went to work. In the end I started bleeding. But doctor said that its very normal and nth to worry about. Chances for early miscarriage is 1 in 4. Bleeding started 1pm & doc said it was 50/50 but the bleeding was so heavy I knew I didn't stand a chance, the next morning about 4 am I actually knew it was over when the fetal tissue was out, I saw it in the toilet bowl, will never forget it.

2 months later I was pregnant. Everything went very well.. I just gave birth prematurely a 35 week old healthy baby girl, she only went to icu for observations. Breathed well, ate well, temperature regulation was good. Just stayed in normal nursary for prolonged jaundice as premature and had abo incompatbility. I am now carrying her on my chest as she has just fallen asleep. :)

So ladies! Don't give up, as long as u know you can CONCEIVE, half the battle has been won!

Asphere

dunkatelic. totally agree with u. keke
i had mc last year feb and the foetus was big liao near to 8wks sigh.. but was pregnant 2mths later and gave birth to a healthy boy in jan.
dun give up mommies who had mc. it is sad but well God has bigger plan so keep trying :)
i can never forget the day it flow out of me. (i opt for natural discharge) coz i see my child out of me dead and the following day is my 1st born 1st bdae. sigh~ wat a day~~
but now i am happy with my 2 boys and hope will have more kids keke :D
stay strong all mommies.

lovearth

Thanks prayinghard :)
Audiencemama, I didn't because I don't dare to ask I'm just hoping that some kind soul mother can give me but don't have. But my hb managed to ask his staff to let her baby girl around one year plus to be our God daughter. I'm really happy but as she is in Malaysia so we will arrange a trip to visit her one of these days, which I am really looking forward to. I am also being advise by my master that I can adopt a God child before I will have mine.

Lovearth, eat more 麻油鸡,猪脚醋,basically alot of gingers etc. When you drink dom every night just take a very small cap about half will do.

lovearth

Hi dunkatelic & Asphere
Thanks for sharing ur successful story. Is really very encouraging :)
Now must stay relax & keep myself happy if not things will not move on..
Hope I can be like both of u in 2 mths later.. guess my little angel is also waiting for me to be ready :)

Asphere

lovearth, your little precious will come back to you. just relax b happy and 2mths later try.. keke good news will come to you :)