my first pregnancy but miscarriage

Dear Sad33

ya, my menses are indeed very light.... thats why last time i don't feel cramp and can even go out... Never need to change many pads in one day........
after miscarriage, then i don't know liao.... this is the sixth week, but menses still Not here yet....

No leh, Dr Su medicine never make me go toilet frequently...... but its the Longan Red Date ginger tea, make me keep having Wind come out.......

could the sharp pain come from Feng Shi ? Rheumatism? maybe last time your knee touched the cold floor too often?
or is it cold wind get into your knee so got some fengshi, thats why there is sharp pain? Can chinese doctor diagnose ?

actually during my miscarriage that time, i had backache for two weeks.... and i cannot sit one.... i must lie down.... but even if l lie down for too long, i will also feel sore or pain..... so its like, lie also cannot, sit also cannot.... very cham....

actually my backache gone long ago..... but yesterday i suay suay go and carry something slightly heavy, then now backache come back again.... i really regret carrying that heavy thing.... in future i will not do that liao.....
Make sure you don't carry any heavy things within three months of your confinement..... otherwise your backache will not recover....

OH MY !!! I was about to say the Same thing as you.... was about to ask you too, but you ask me first...
I also found that Ever Since i miscarriage, No matter how much tonic or durian i ate, I will Not Get Heaty at all...
Last time before I got pregnant, i will get sore throat whenever i took heaty stuffs..
I think Maybe our Body condition change from Warm to Cold after Miscarriage... that is why People say We Need to Keep taking Tonics to Bu now.... and it is Now and Never.... So Don't waste any chance to Bu our body now.... it is the best time for us to take Tonics !!!! Now I take Durians Once a Week... and everytime after i take, i will feel very Shiok.... its like all the Multi vitamins absorb into my body liao hahahha u remember i mention before, durians are like Multi vitamin....

五子衍宗丸 -- i checked liao.
Dr su say I no need to buy, because she will prescribe it for me in her medicine.
But if you are interested to buy outside, you can Eat Anytime, Just follow the instructions on the Box will do.
五子衍宗丸 is to help to treat Fertility Issues, and Build up the Kidney and Spleen functions,
腰酸腿软 also got Treat ...... seems like very Good.....

I checked with my Pantry auntie.
She bought it from Sengkang around block 206 or 207 medical hall. She also forget the block number but it is around there.
my Colleague just bought from Auntie and Took today. She say it is very very very effective,.... and very different from other brands... it is very thick too.... quite worth the money.
I took an Empty box from her to take pictures to show you.
Later in my next Post, i will post up the pictures for you.

Last edited:
In addition to my above post,
Sorry sad33, i want to send the pictures of the du zhong bu yao jing to you but upload fail. Any idea how to upload?

Maqisa

hey now, hush.. dun be so hard on urself.. noone shld be blamed for what has happened.. and i think u are still young, i mean look at me, i am 37 this yr, trying for a baby, and to a lot of pple, it IS a very very very late age for trying to get pregnant ( i married late..) so to me, u are not as old to try again...

Maqisa

hi faithmummy,

i've the same menses problem as you... I've never has menses cramp, even if i drank cold drinks during my period.. and my period lasts for bout 3, 4 days max. I did consult my doctor if it will affect my chances of getting pregnant, and he says no but i'm doubtful coz somehow i feel that my period (no. of days) is not normal, at least it's not as normal as most women...

I am also trying to get pregnant. I am already 37 (i got married less then a year ago..) and i'm very stressed up and worried coz i know i am very very very late already.. i looked up articles and i know once a woman pass the 35 mark, it'll be even tougher to get pregnant... sigh... so, compared to me, i think you and Sad33 def stand a much higher chance of gettin preggy. mine's seems almost doom.

let me share something with you and sad33 here..

Esp when you hve a sis-in-law(my hubby's elder bro's wife) who's younger and already had 2 within 2.5yrs after their marriage, the pressure is almost unbearable.. I avoid attending family gathering coz i felt so lousy whenever i see them and my mom in law, though she did not say it to me directly did hinted to my hubby when are we havinh our 1st... i just dont know how to ans that...

i just felt sotired, so sad and so discouraged, and truth be told, i am like almost giving up totally, to the point that i dont even want to do it with my hubby anymore.. guess i just cant handle those monthly disappointments....

dear all.
i also m/c last nov, after that i remove my cyst in feb 2012, nw trying very hard to conceive..can share w me Dr Su contact? Is she specialiast in fertility issue ?

Dear faithmummy,

my mense used to be 3-5days, after miscarriage only 2-3 day, and it is very very light..just like spotting..are u also like that?

etep9114

Dear Faithmummy,
what's the iodine supplements for? i seldom hear people taking this.

okie...heee...i listen to you on the doctor matter. anyway my menses just cleared for 2 days so i am thinking of checking with the $13 zhong hua doctor if i can continue the medicine which i stopped....
btw, i never know that those high charging zhong hua gynaes are actually famous! quite steady yeah....

thanks a lot for sharing with me that no traditional chinese medicine medicine or DOM when menses. this is really impt pc of info for me! :)
i will start my 8 zhen once given green light by the zhong hua gynae.
btw dont know if it was due to stopping medicine or changing from $3 doctor to $13 doctor so medicine and diagnose different or was it that my problem never really heals, i told you there is piercing sharp pain to a point of my knee cap.. it in fact returns these few days. dont know because legs caught in the recent rain or air con from office? sigh...i feel like a real old woman.

going to find time to call up the $13 zhong hua gynae tmw or maybe even going down. but so busy recently....

i'm glad to hear that your condition has improved! way to go! yes yes, continue with her as it seems she is also kind of very recommended?
btw, by going back to work, did you feel any body aches? or not much changes like when you rested at home?

its really nice of you search those links on yoga for me! i am very touched!!! i will start soon when i have more energy... these few days are rather taxing!

I have not heard on this 五子衍宗丸 before. yes yes pls share with me what it is and its benefits.
hi faithmummy, thanks for sharing on
Red Raspberry leaf Tea too. where can you get this? sound like an unique tea....
btw in the past i didn't seems to have much issue with
Menses flow and relieve cramps... my menses seem quite normal like heavy first 2-3 days and 4th day lessen by a lot and finally 5th day almost gone. further i make myself drink hot brown sugar ginger tea esp on the first 2-3 days of menses as i used to suffer from cramps, but with this drink which i already drink for years when menses really help me on menses! do you face problem with menses flow and cramps?

pertaining DOM....i have never drink it as it is alone before. not even it itself with water
what i have done is either cook it with chicken for 2 hours or pour 1-2 spoonful on soup. btw every seeing zhong hua doctor which is around 2 wks, i have not taken a drop of DOM. i didn't know can !!! i better remember to ask tmw! heee...

ya i guess maybe we become more aware to these preggies or mums with newborns...that is why we see more of them when previously we didn't. i am also like you.....

haaa...i am a horse. so let's see....

taking omega 3 is good. i also have but stop when i preg cos i read somewhere that esp last trimester shld not take fish oil cos it will cause blood thinning. dont know how true. you better check it out when the right time comes ok...
i think initial stage of pregnancy omega 3 shld be ok as my gp prescribed me when that time first trimester.
but as you know first trimester folic acid is the most important.

just sharing with you....if you are interested you can just take a bit of multi vit? get your gynae to prescribe? cos one old auntie told me before to become pregnant, its good to have [you]iron[/you], folic acid...fundamental..that's what she says. dont know how true.
anyway iron is contained in multi vit...and instead of taking iron pills itself which not very good cos think heaty, you can perhaps try multi vit since it contains a variety of vit? there are also prenatal multi vit which gynae can prescribe.

btw now the multi vit i am taking is only for normal woman...cos i am interested to boost my health only.

i also sunk in a lot of money on supplements recently :p also bought quite a lot of calcium, glucosamine and multivit....
like you, i bought 2 or 3 bottles each type cos they have bundle deals. i really have been spending!!!!

Hi! I's been a while since I last contribute here.

Regarding the multivit., Folic acid is essential during the initial stage of any pregnancy as "Many studies have shown that women who get 400 micrograms (0.4milligrams) daily prior to conception and during early pregnancy reduce the risk that their baby will be born with a serious neural tube defect..." Anyway, the amount of folic acid required during each stage of pregnancy is different. 1st trimester, you will need lots of it. 2nd trimester onward, least important.

Iron supplement is taken to aid your body to produce more blood so as to accommodate the increasing need. Baby might die in the womb if there isn't enough blood to deliver essential nutrients to him/her. This is essential throughout the pregnancy, but the magic number as to how much is required... it depends on individuals.

I took Omega 3 even before conceived to improve my own health. I choose those that are cold-pressed to avoid taking in mercury. So far my little one is doing fine. Will there be a thinning of blood... I'm not too sure about that. This is more important during the development of the baby's eyes and brain stage... around 2nd or 3rd trimester...

Calcium is a must to prevent osteoporosis and helps the baby to form strong bones. It is needed throughout pregnancy. I did not take any supplement but has been taking formula milk for pregnant mums. Taking it during pregnancy will reduce the amount of leg cramps experienced. I did not take milk during the initial few weeks of my pregnancy and my leg cramp just visit me every other day. Now, It's rare that I have leg cramps.

I guess that's all I know. I know nuts about tonics as I had been taking only bottled "Xue Ha", bird's nest and chicken essence. Can't help in others. Glad that you gals are doing very well. Do take care as the weather lately can be super irritating.

Last edited:

Sad 33

hi faithmummy,

i've the same menses problem as you... I've never has menses cramp, even if i drank cold drinks during my period.. and my period lasts for bout 3, 4 days max. I did consult my doctor if it will affect my chances of getting pregnant, and he says no but i'm doubtful coz somehow i feel that my period (no. of days) is not normal, at least it's not as normal as most women...

I am also trying to get pregnant. I am already 37 (i got married less then a year ago..) and i'm very stressed up and worried coz i know i am very very very late already.. i looked up articles and i know once a woman pass the 35 mark, it'll be even tougher to get pregnant... sigh... so, compared to me, i think you and Sad33 def stand a much higher chance of gettin preggy. mine's seems almost doom.

let me share something with you and sad33 here..

Esp when you hve a sis-in-law(my hubby's elder bro's wife) who's younger and already had 2 within 2.5yrs after their marriage, the pressure is almost unbearable.. I avoid attending family gathering coz i felt so lousy whenever i see them and my mom in law, though she did not say it to me directly did hinted to my hubby when are we havinh our 1st... i just dont know how to ans that...

i just felt sotired, so sad and so discouraged, and truth be told, i am like almost giving up totally, to the point that i dont even want to do it with my hubby anymore.. guess i just cant handle those monthly disappointments....
Hi Maqisa,
From what u shared, i feel that u really have the great desire to become a mom. :) that's good...but why give up so soon? note that u are just married for less than 1 yr so your trying is less than 6-9 menses circles? it's not like u already try for many yrs but there is nothing.
btw did u reach out to any western medicine like gynae to check on your woman health? also u heard of chinese medicine to pu your body? in fact u can open your ideas by reading forum to see what other ladies are trying to do and their trying to conceive methods. :)
p.s there's another thread that both me and faithmummy read which talk about conceiving. a lot of ladies there using this chinese doctor, Dr Su and there is success stories there. here is the link:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f7/tips-you-79589/index12.html#post675727
of course read more on what others doing and talk to them too so u will feel hopeful and refresh!

maqisa, when i try to conceive, my younger cousins and friends all become preggie but mine become a mc which makes me so angry and feel unjust. but i guess maybe we are the women who will love and cherish our littles one and perhaps give better financial and education to lit ones given our age of wisdom. i definitely know i am a better mom now shld i have one than i am 23. :) like u i am in my thirties...reaching mid thirties already so i understd your urgency.

don't feel tired, sad or discourage and most of all don't give up so soon! note we still have not close our factory (that is no more menses). with menses there are always chances and hope!! but first of all now is to make your body the right environment for conceiving. just share with u that i tried for almost 6mths when friend introduced me to a tcm who says my overall health ok but only my womb temperature does not raise after ovulation so nvr succeed during those 6 mths of tries. its only that few doses of medicine that i finally preg at just 1 attempt of seeing tcm. however i think my health not optimal then that is why preg does not turn out well.... the correct health, also going to the right tcm and most importantly do not rush is the key factor i learnt from this incident. so don't stress!

Sad 33

Dear Sad33

ya, my menses are indeed very light.... thats why last time i don't feel cramp and can even go out... Never need to change many pads in one day........
after miscarriage, then i don't know liao.... this is the sixth week, but menses still Not here yet....

No leh, Dr Su medicine never make me go toilet frequently...... but its the Longan Red Date ginger tea, make me keep having Wind come out.......

could the sharp pain come from Feng Shi ? Rheumatism? maybe last time your knee touched the cold floor too often?
or is it cold wind get into your knee so got some fengshi, thats why there is sharp pain? Can chinese doctor diagnose ?

actually during my miscarriage that time, i had backache for two weeks.... and i cannot sit one.... i must lie down.... but even if l lie down for too long, i will also feel sore or pain..... so its like, lie also cannot, sit also cannot.... very cham....

actually my backache gone long ago..... but yesterday i suay suay go and carry something slightly heavy, then now backache come back again.... i really regret carrying that heavy thing.... in future i will not do that liao.....
Make sure you don't carry any heavy things within three months of your confinement..... otherwise your backache will not recover....

OH MY !!! I was about to say the Same thing as you.... was about to ask you too, but you ask me first...
I also found that Ever Since i miscarriage, No matter how much tonic or durian i ate, I will Not Get Heaty at all...
Last time before I got pregnant, i will get sore throat whenever i took heaty stuffs..
I think Maybe our Body condition change from Warm to Cold after Miscarriage... that is why People say We Need to Keep taking Tonics to Bu now.... and it is Now and Never.... So Don't waste any chance to Bu our body now.... it is the best time for us to take Tonics !!!! Now I take Durians Once a Week... and everytime after i take, i will feel very Shiok.... its like all the Multi vitamins absorb into my body liao hahahha u remember i mention before, durians are like Multi vitamin....

五子衍宗丸 -- i checked liao.
Dr su say I no need to buy, because she will prescribe it for me in her medicine.
But if you are interested to buy outside, you can Eat Anytime, Just follow the instructions on the Box will do.
五子衍宗丸 is to help to treat Fertility Issues, and Build up the Kidney and Spleen functions,
腰酸腿软 also got Treat ...... seems like very Good.....

I checked with my Pantry auntie.
She bought it from Sengkang around block 206 or 207 medical hall. She also forget the block number but it is around there.
my Colleague just bought from Auntie and Took today. She say it is very very very effective,.... and very different from other brands... it is very thick too.... quite worth the money.
I took an Empty box from her to take pictures to show you.
Later in my next Post, i will post up the pictures for you.
Dear Faithmummy,
wah...your menses really very very light. hopefully u will turn normal after seeing dr su!

the tcm doctor asked if i injured my legs before and i said yes. i think it must be injuries left not fully clear, that is why she said probably the blood clots that causes the sharp pain at that specific spot. but so strange this sharp pain never surface til recently this mc and i do confinement. Ohh...i am a old woman in my 30s body. :p
btw do u wear heels to work? i really hate wearing heels but need to look good...sigh.

ya after this mc then i know i am so very very cham. so sad that my body is not optimal! sigh....
ok from now on lets share what to eat in order boost both our health! :D

huh....i didn't know i can't carry any heavy things for 3 mths. but why 3 mths? and not 1 mth??
in fact i have been carrying things...also washing clothes (manual) so need squatting again. huh...huh... jia lat already.

heee... we seems to always do almost the same thing. like wanting to ask each other very similar questions.
yes in fact now i nvr really get heaty. so weird. in that case when should we stop our tonic food? I am already near to 2 mths past mc already......
ya i feel so shiok when eating durian too! yes feel lots of vitamin flowing down my body. heee....
i really wonder how my body is digesting all the food i have been taking. lol...other than the tcm medicine, the 3 meals, the milo(around 1-2packs a day), the supplements i am taking...i don't know how my body can take in so much!!! i used to nvr eat so much also....

五子衍宗丸 - i will check out with my tcm the coming visit! thanks for sharing.

Pertaining the 科艺杜仲补腰精, u should get your panty auntie to help u buy too. u shld also consume since not too good waist condition?
thanks for wanting to attached the pic...but i also dunno how to attached. heeeee..
btw i took leave to run errand today and happen to go chinatown. i manage to buy the 科艺杜仲补腰精...hopefully it is correct.
it is 86mlX6bottles in 1 box and vegetarian. also like u mentioned it cost $18. But it does not say 科艺 on the box but mei hua brand. it is only the side of the box that state that its imported by 科艺. the medical hall say by 科艺 is the only brand. hope i got the correct one?

The function on the box quotes this exact words: Promoting health, keeping body fit, increasing vigor, nourishing the loin, relaxing tendons and ligaments. it is effective for debility and depletion of physical energy and physical work.
Did i buy the correct one? heeeee...

Hi Maqisa

according to tcm, having light menses means that our kidney and spleen are very weak to bring blood to the womb, something like that..... so better look for a tcm to tiao your body.... don't worry !!!!! it is never too late to try ... i have a friend who is 42 years old, she is still trying for baby and succeeded.... just need to rest more and take very good care of your body when you are preggy.... eat as per your gynae then....

Etep1194, thanks for your advice on the vitamins !!!!
Gynae will give us the vitamins when we visit them during pregnancy right?

Hi mrsvistamio...

Dr Su's contact is shared by sad33 above... i shall share again....

Hi Sad33

The Bu Yao Jing you bought is green box one right? if yes, then yes it is correct !!! it is indeed Mei Hua brand...
i am so happy that you found it !!!! it is exactly as per what i see when u describe... ......
u know what, i am really really very happy that u started the bu yao jing !!! Jia you !!!!
I will go get it too....

my colleagues say one month is the basic confinement period... it is best not to carry heavy things for the whole three months.
if wash clothes , do housework, all these is no choice one .... but try not to carry heavy things which strained your back...

oh ya !! my menses finally come !!!! and this time round, it is Very heavy !!!! Without cramps yet, we shall see....
I hope it is something good.....

i also took many things in one day
Folic acid, Omega3, chinese med, Dom, etc etc i also drink Anlene to give myself Calcium...
i hope they really get absorb to my body....
how abt u..... how you feeling now? got feel better after so many visits to TCM?

Sad33 and gals,
dr su advise me that if u are trying for bb now, better not do yoga or jogging, just brisk walking will do. If u not trying yet, should be ok
And during menses, try to drink black sugar + red date water. This is good for menses period. I remember sad33 got drink too , right?

Sad 33

Hi Maqisa

according to tcm, having light menses means that our kidney and spleen are very weak to bring blood to the womb, something like that..... so better look for a tcm to tiao your body.... don't worry !!!!! it is never too late to try ... i have a friend who is 42 years old, she is still trying for baby and succeeded.... just need to rest more and take very good care of your body when you are preggy.... eat as per your gynae then....

Hi mrsvistamio...

Hi Sad33

The Bu Yao Jing you bought is green box one right? if yes, then yes it is correct !!! it is indeed Mei Hua brand...
i am so happy that you found it !!!! it is exactly as per what i see when u describe... ......
u know what, i am really really very happy that u started the bu yao jing !!! Jia you !!!!
I will go get it too....

my colleagues say one month is the basic confinement period... it is best not to carry heavy things for the whole three months.
if wash clothes , do housework, all these is no choice one .... but try not to carry heavy things which strained your back...

oh ya !! my menses finally come !!!! and this time round, it is Very heavy !!!! Without cramps yet, we shall see....

Folic acid, Omega3, chinese med, Dom, etc etc i also drink Anlene to give myself Calcium...
how abt u..... how you feeling now? got feel better after so many visits to TCM?
Dear Faithmummy,
Yes this mei hua brand waist tonic is in green box! yeah...i bought the right one. yes yes, u should start consuming too.
lol...however i told my $13 doctor on recent visit and told her if ok to consume both this mei hua waist tonic or huiji waist tonic. she says no need!!! she tells me if i want to take these products i will have to stop my medication on the day i consume. (frankly i don't care lor...i just continue simultaneously...i am a bad patient..i just want to pu!)
btw did Dr Su says u must stop her medication when u use other products? no right...per what i think u say before.

further how many times have u visited Dr Su? also how many times a day must u take her medication?
how long have u been taking her medication too?

per other thread, i have seen this $13 doctor for 3 times but i find my progress in health rather slow. also every day i must consume 3 times of medication... not only is the no. of times quite a lot, the medication i am taking is also quite a lot for each time. faint...
btw I am taking 6-7 days of medication after each visit with her....and for the total 3 visits , i have been taking around 20days of tcm medication but i find things quite slow. like i told u the most irritating problem of my weak knees are still here. cos daily work, i need to walk a lot too...by midday i feel my legs like jelly.
she really resent me from taking other things (except glucosamine and calcium ok) but only wants me to take the medication she prescribed lor..

this is how i start my day: i start with waist tonic or chicken essence in the morning, then breakfast, then 1st dosage of her medication, after lunch 2nd dosage of medication, and then followed by glucosamine and calcium 1-2hrs after and finally dinner and last dosage of her medication.. i don't even drink dom now which i miss lor.... cos she says CANNOT extra. sigh.... feel so deprive!

Try to pace your intake like different time and different time spread (1-2hrs later after certain intake)..from this i guess eating this much shld be ok? haaa...

Thanks for sharing on NO yoga or jogging when trying to conceive.

Glad that your menses finally come and is more normal now!
Oh yeah...i drink black sugar + ginger tea during menses. if i hardworking, i will boil myself...else i use those solid cube of black sugar that contain ginger (from taiwan). i used to have menses cramp and was advised to use this drink during menses. and frankly it really helps me and i have been on this for years.
during menses, i increase my daily food intake to include more meat and green leafy vegs.

Dear Faithmummy,
Yes this mei hua brand waist tonic is in green box! yeah...i bought the right one. yes yes, u should start consuming too.
lol...however i told my $13 doctor on recent visit and told her if ok to consume both this mei hua waist tonic or huiji waist tonic. she says no need!!! she tells me if i want to take these products i will have to stop my medication on the day i consume. (frankly i don't care lor...i just continue simultaneously...i am a bad patient..i just want to pu!)
btw did Dr Su says u must stop her medication when u use other products? no right...per what i think u say before.

further how many times have u visited Dr Su? also how many times a day must u take her medication?
how long have u been taking her medication too?

per other thread, i have seen this $13 doctor for 3 times but i find my progress in health rather slow. also every day i must consume 3 times of medication... not only is the no. of times quite a lot, the medication i am taking is also quite a lot for each time. faint...
btw I am taking 6-7 days of medication after each visit with her....and for the total 3 visits , i have been taking around 20days of tcm medication but i find things quite slow. like i told u the most irritating problem of my weak knees are still here. cos daily work, i need to walk a lot too...by midday i feel my legs like jelly.
she really resent me from taking other things (except glucosamine and calcium ok) but only wants me to take the medication she prescribed lor..

this is how i start my day: i start with waist tonic or chicken essence in the morning, then breakfast, then 1st dosage of her medication, after lunch 2nd dosage of medication, and then followed by glucosamine and calcium 1-2hrs after and finally dinner and last dosage of her medication.. i don't even drink dom now which i miss lor.... cos she says CANNOT extra. sigh.... feel so deprive!

Try to pace your intake like different time and different time spread (1-2hrs later after certain intake)..from this i guess eating this much shld be ok? haaa...

Thanks for sharing on NO yoga or jogging when trying to conceive.

Glad that your menses finally come and is more normal now!
Oh yeah...i drink black sugar + ginger tea during menses. if i hardworking, i will boil myself...else i use those solid cube of black sugar that contain ginger (from taiwan). i used to have menses cramp and was advised to use this drink during menses. and frankly it really helps me and i have been on this for years.
during menses, i increase my daily food intake to include more meat and green leafy vegs.
Girl,

you replied at 2:33 am ? !!! oh my, you slept so late? Please try Not to sleep so late.... Try to sleep by 12 am, ok?
Sleeping late is bad for our Kidney and Spleen and Liver too..... as you know Kidney and spleen are very important for transporting minerals and blood to our womb for baby survival like one of our sisters had mentioned above, So try Not to Weaken it further.... Dr Su always tell me, My spleen still abit weak, so she ask me to continue sleep early....
Last time i used to be like you, Sleep very late.... because do things, Watch TVB drama, etc etc and Don't bear to sleep because if sleep too early, the next working day will come faster, which is very sian.... especially Sat, i always don't want Sat to end so fast so i tend to sleep late.... But this is not good one...

Actually last week , i was very busy with company event for whole week... and I slept very late every night.... Dr Su Feel my pulse yesterday and ask me whether i slept very late last week, and ask me not to do it again.... i told her , yes , i was too busy with events and got to work late.
Just one week of event and one week of sleeping late, weaken my spleen again. Whatsmore i have menses with me... very tiring

Actually i didn't know it was Mei Hua Brand until you say... So i go and check my sample box....
I always thought the brand is Ke Yi... but Ke yi is the company name i think. You can find "Ke Yi" at the side of the box.... very very small wordings...

Dr Su Never ask me to stop her medicine while taking other Tonics/Vitamins... She just say As Long as there is a One-Hour interval between her medicine and other Vitamins, it is Okay liao... In fact, she ask me continue taking DOM and 8zhen even when i am taking her Medicine (Except during Menses, We have to stop her med/8zhen/dom).
She gave me two weeks medicine this time round and ask me to start her medicine on the fifth day of my Menses....
Her medicine got help in Menses and Ovulation one.....

If you do not feel any effect from taking your $13 doctor medicine, I suggest you change doctor.
why not you change to Dr Su? I feel much more energetic after taking her medicine... and I really feel the impact that my health is getting better..... At First, i change to Dr Su is because of my hubby due to the fact that i cannot find any doctor in Zhonghua for my hubby and visiting Dr Su is like one stone kill two birds. But Now I really don't regret Seeing her !!! She is good...!!!
My menses become heavier which is a good thing too !!!
You still got One year to try for your Next Baby, it is Never Too Late to Change Now....
She Will See your Condition and advise you what food or fruit is best for you....
Last time i used to have sinus issue at my nose.... Now the Sinus seem to be gone..... maybe because i took tonic and warm my body.... and her medicine is like tonic too..... Remember the
五子衍宗丸? it is also prescribe in her medicine to help with fertility and build up of Qi.....

I have been taking Dr Su med for 3 weeks.... and her medicine is Twice a day, Powder form. Once in the morning, Once at night. After Meals.....

Oh ya !!!! The Taiwan Cube black Sugar Ginger tea... I drink before !!!
That time i drink for fun only.... But after that then i know it is actually good for Menses !!!
Next time i must ask my friends to buy for me if they go taiwan.... Or Does Singapore sell them too?

Girl, Try to have More Dark Leafy Vegetables, Meat , Fish...... Avoid Fried stuffs and Seafood as they are toxic. Avoid White or Light color Vegetables because they are Very Liang...... But Broccolli and Cauliflower are Good for health, so u can eat....

Last edited:

etep9114

Hi Maqisa

Hi mrsvistamio...

Hi Sad33

I will go get it too....

Yes, gynea normally prescribe the supplements but you need to know what to ask for as well... some gynea only give you standard 0.5mg of folic acid for 1st trimester...no iron and so on... Some iron prescribed are very strong and might cause constipation for mums... etc. Anyway, my gynea did not prescribe me calcium... think he thought I don't need... so I have to source for myself.

I belive if you need to take supplements for conception... 0.4mg of folic acid once daily is good enough. The maximum dosage of folic acid to be taken without side effect is 1.0mg or 1000 microgram.

Do take care.

Sad 33

Hi! I's been a while since I last contribute here.

Regarding the multivit., Folic acid is essential during the initial stage of any pregnancy as "Many studies have shown that women who get 400 micrograms (0.4milligrams) daily prior to conception and during early pregnancy reduce the risk that their baby will be born with a serious neural tube defect..." Anyway, the amount of folic acid required during each stage of pregnancy is different. 1st trimester, you will need lots of it. 2nd trimester onward, least important.

Iron supplement is taken to aid your body to produce more blood so as to accommodate the increasing need. Baby might die in the womb if there isn't enough blood to deliver essential nutrients to him/her. This is essential throughout the pregnancy, but the magic number as to how much is required... it depends on individuals.

I took Omega 3 even before conceived to improve my own health. I choose those that are cold-pressed to avoid taking in mercury. So far my little one is doing fine. Will there be a thinning of blood... I'm not too sure about that. This is more important during the development of the baby's eyes and brain stage... around 2nd or 3rd trimester...

Calcium is a must to prevent osteoporosis and helps the baby to form strong bones. It is needed throughout pregnancy. I did not take any supplement but has been taking formula milk for pregnant mums. Taking it during pregnancy will reduce the amount of leg cramps experienced. I did not take milk during the initial few weeks of my pregnancy and my leg cramp just visit me every other day. Now, It's rare that I have leg cramps.

I guess that's all I know. I know nuts about tonics as I had been taking only bottled "Xue Ha", bird's nest and chicken essence. Can't help in others. Glad that you gals are doing very well. Do take care as the weather lately can be super irritating.
Hi Etep9114,
Thanks for sharing the precious info on iron which enlightens me. i didn't know iron play such a impt part in pregnancy as compared to folic acid!

Btw, do u take milk (formula milk) even before conceiving? For current normal-state me (i.e. not preggie) I am not a fan of milk...my milk intake comes from daily coffee-si or some dairy products like cheesecake and cheese which i do not eat everyday. i think my calcium level is really below par. that's why i find taking calcium pills directly or from multi vitamin easier....
did u force yourself on drinking milk or is it because u already love milk so no problem drinking daily?

Did u consume omega 3 during first trimester? I understd that u did for 2nd and 3rd trimester...but what about 1st trimester?

Pertaining to the Bottled "Xue Ha"...what brand did u buy?

Sad 33

Girl,

you replied at 2:33 am ? !!! oh my, you slept so late? Please try Not to sleep so late.... Try to sleep by 12 am, ok?
Sleeping late is bad for our Kidney and Spleen and Liver too..... as you know Kidney and spleen are very important for transporting minerals and blood to our womb for baby survival like one of our sisters had mentioned above, So try Not to Weaken it further.... Dr Su always tell me, My spleen still abit weak, so she ask me to continue sleep early....
Last time i used to be like you, Sleep very late.... because do things, Watch TVB drama, etc etc and Don't bear to sleep because if sleep too early, the next working day will come faster, which is very sian.... especially Sat, i always don't want Sat to end so fast so i tend to sleep late.... But this is not good one...

Actually last week , i was very busy with company event for whole week... and I slept very late every night.... Dr Su Feel my pulse yesterday and ask me whether i slept very late last week, and ask me not to do it again.... i told her , yes , i was too busy with events and got to work late.
Just one week of event and one week of sleeping late, weaken my spleen again. Whatsmore i have menses with me... very tiring

Actually i didn't know it was Mei Hua Brand until you say... So i go and check my sample box....
I always thought the brand is Ke Yi... but Ke yi is the company name i think. You can find "Ke Yi" at the side of the box.... very very small wordings...

Dr Su Never ask me to stop her medicine while taking other Tonics/Vitamins... She just say As Long as there is a One-Hour interval between her medicine and other Vitamins, it is Okay liao... In fact, she ask me continue taking DOM and 8zhen even when i am taking her Medicine (Except during Menses, We have to stop her med/8zhen/dom).
She gave me two weeks medicine this time round and ask me to start her medicine on the fifth day of my Menses....
Her medicine got help in Menses and Ovulation one.....

If you do not feel any effect from taking your $13 doctor medicine, I suggest you change doctor.
why not you change to Dr Su? I feel much more energetic after taking her medicine... and I really feel the impact that my health is getting better..... At First, i change to Dr Su is because of my hubby due to the fact that i cannot find any doctor in Zhonghua for my hubby and visiting Dr Su is like one stone kill two birds. But Now I really don't regret Seeing her !!! She is good...!!!
My menses become heavier which is a good thing too !!!
You still got One year to try for your Next Baby, it is Never Too Late to Change Now....
She Will See your Condition and advise you what food or fruit is best for you....
Last time i used to have sinus issue at my nose.... Now the Sinus seem to be gone..... maybe because i took tonic and warm my body.... and her medicine is like tonic too..... Remember the
五子衍宗丸? it is also prescribe in her medicine to help with fertility and build up of Qi.....

I have been taking Dr Su med for 3 weeks.... and her medicine is Twice a day, Powder form. Once in the morning, Once at night. After Meals.....

Oh ya !!!! The Taiwan Cube black Sugar Ginger tea... I drink before !!!
That time i drink for fun only.... But after that then i know it is actually good for Menses !!!
Next time i must ask my friends to buy for me if they go taiwan.... Or Does Singapore sell them too?

Girl, Try to have More Dark Leafy Vegetables, Meat , Fish...... Avoid Fried stuffs and Seafood as they are toxic. Avoid White or Light color Vegetables because they are Very Liang...... But Broccolli and Cauliflower are Good for health, so u can eat....
Haaa...faithmummy,
i wasn't really sleeping last night as dunno if it was due to coffee drank or olympics high, i was watching a lot of olympics competition on tv til 4am!!! faint...i know. i woke up 12:30pm today only and is tired!
anyway i went to medical hall today to buy more of the ke yi waist tonic and the assistant asked me why i use this. i told her my knee weakness and she asked me more questions as she quite friendly and she checked if i have been sleeping with lots of dreams. i said yes as every night my sleep is accompanied with endless dreams...like i hardly rest. then she says i qi xie bu zhu.....she even commented that i need to sleep by 11pm every night and that my health is really very poor if i am experiencing knee weakness. aiyooo......
btw u have knee weakness problem? hopefully no!

From what u say about Dr Su, she seems to be very good with her pulse reading. she can even detect your slight deterioration in health! cool...
ya i will change tcm soon but i have this last 1 wk of medication to go...but seeing dr su is it meant for healing women's health or meant to get ready your body for pregnancy?
cos my main concern now is women health rather than getting ready for pregnancy. i think me and my health is still super not ready.

Does Dr Su check with u how your normal body function is like during your first visit? for example does she ask your sleep patten? or eating habit?
cos the medical hall assistant was telling me a good TCM will ask such questions...

yes it is mei hua brand...but imported by Ke Yi. btw i dunno if it was this waist tonic which i drink already 3 days in a row, i some how feel more energetic during the day...even though upon waking up was tired initially. hopefully it is really that effective :)
tell me how u feel after taking too!

Ohhh...singapore does sell those taiwan cube black sugar ginger tea...but rather expensive as compared to taiwan.
u can find in those taiwanese products selling shops or even organic shops....however not cheap.
however i think the best is self brew. provided u have time. cos all these cube are like the concept of 3 in 1? convenient but u nvr know whats all inside.

i try to go to zzz in another 15mins time. heeee....

etep9114

Hi Etep9114,
Thanks for sharing the precious info on iron which enlightens me. i didn't know iron play such a impt part in pregnancy as compared to folic acid!

Btw, do u take milk (formula milk) even before conceiving? For current normal-state me (i.e. not preggie) I am not a fan of milk...my milk intake comes from daily coffee-si or some dairy products like cheesecake and cheese which i do not eat everyday. i think my calcium level is really below par. that's why i find taking calcium pills directly or from multi vitamin easier....
did u force yourself on drinking milk or is it because u already love milk so no problem drinking daily?

Did u consume omega 3 during first trimester? I understd that u did for 2nd and 3rd trimester...but what about 1st trimester?

Pertaining to the Bottled "Xue Ha"...what brand did u buy?
I had been taking milk since young as that's the breakfast my mum will prepare for me daily. After graduate and started working, I took marigold HL milk occasionally ... not so frequently... saves time... no need to dissolved powder in water...etc.

Ever since pregnant, I was told by many friends and ex-colleagues that it's better to take formula milk for pregnant woman as the milk is formulated to cater for pregnant woman's need like they have FOS or fiber to prevent constipation and so on. It is definitely okay for you to take calcium supplements but do check if there are vitamin D in the supplement as vitamin D is essential to bind the calcium to our body or something... else the calcium will be lost even after taking. I don't really remember the actual theory behind it...

I had been taking omega 3 at least 4 months before conceived. It was to boost my own health. My health wasn't very good since last m/c and the tcm back then is not as effective. So I searched online and realised that by taking omega 3, it helps to protect us from heart attack and stroke, feeling better with less depression, free us from pain and inflammation and it improves our memory, recall, reasoning and focus. However I was worried about the mercury that can be found in most deep sea fishes that were used to abstract the omega 3 from, I searched quite a while before finalizing the brand and starts taking. Even after conceived and confirm pregnant, I am taking 3g of omega 3 once daily till now.

For the Xue Ha or Hasma, I normally get them from Fu Hua (Hockhua) or Yu Ren Sheng.

Hope this helps you in some way. Take care. Happy working... Hopefully, no Monday blues for you.

you gals replied so fast !!!

Dear Etep1194

Can you share with me what brand of Omega3 fish oil and Mummy formula milk are you taking now?
Thank you very much for sharing so much information with us !!!!

Dear Sad33,

the only olympic games i like to watch is Diving !!! haha and also pingpong, gymnastic ...

you same as me !!! Since i was born, there was not a single night that i can sleep without dreams.... Me every night got dream or nightmare one.... having dreams means we are not really resting at all... our brain still working...... I got inherited knee issue one... my grandpa and dad got Guan jie yan, and it is inherited.... at times if i squat for too long, i will feel pain at knee too.....
even when i do squatting warm up, i also will feel pain at knee....

Dr Su got help with Conceiving as well as Tiao Yang of health as a whole. I brought one of my colleague to visit her. My colleague very young only, just want to tiao yang.... and she is not married yet.... Dr Su give her one month medicine to eat..... just for general health.... you have to let Dr Su know your intention, then she will help you accordingly.... if you visit for general health, most likely you no need to go back every week. She will give two to three weeks medicine.

She never ask me all those questions.... because , before I can say anything, she already started feeling my pulse and can tell me straight away that i got neck pain, sleeping disorder and eat junk.... Same goes for my hubby.... hahaha

Try to ZZZ early and dont't drink Coffee too often okay !!! Coffee is bad for health !!!!

Last edited:

etep9114

I'm taking Omega 3 from Holland and Barrett.

As for the formula milk, I'll suggest you getting the samples when you are pregnant. Normally, they will distribute free sample in hospital during prenatal talks, road shows and so on. You've to try it to know which one you prefer. There are also chocolate version for those who absolutely dislike milk taste. Their nutritional value is similar if not the same. It's the taste that differs. For me, I took Anmum maternal before going to bed as it's not too sweet. It helps me to go to sleep better. In the morning, I'll take Similac mum as my normal breakfast is wholegrain bread with vegetable... a bit tasteless... So I need the milk to be sweeter...

Sad 33

you gals replied so fast !!!

Dear Etep1194

Can you share with me what brand of Omega3 fish oil and Mummy formula milk are you taking now?
Thank you very much for sharing so much information with us !!!!

Dear Sad33,

the only olympic games i like to watch is Diving !!! haha and also pingpong, gymnastic ...

you same as me !!! Since i was born, there was not a single night that i can sleep without dreams.... Me every night got dream or nightmare one.... having dreams means we are not really resting at all... our brain still working...... I got inherited knee issue one... my grandpa and dad got Guan jie yan, and it is inherited.... at times if i squat for too long, i will feel pain at knee too.....
even when i do squatting warm up, i also will feel pain at knee....

Dr Su got help with Conceiving as well as Tiao Yang of health as a whole. I brought one of my colleague to visit her. My colleague very young only, just want to tiao yang.... and she is not married yet.... Dr Su give her one month medicine to eat..... just for general health.... you have to let Dr Su know your intention, then she will help you accordingly.... if you visit for general health, most likely you no need to go back every week. She will give two to three weeks medicine.

She never ask me all those questions.... because , before I can say anything, she already started feeling my pulse and can tell me straight away that i got neck pain, sleeping disorder and eat junk.... Same goes for my hubby.... hahaha

Try to ZZZ early and dont't drink Coffee too often okay !!! Coffee is bad for health !!!!
Hi Faithmummy,

olympics i like a lot, a lot of games...heee..feel so high watching these athletes compete. makes me feel powerful and energetic just watching them.

aiyo...tried to zzz early last night like 11:30pm but feel damn bright. i was lying on bed for hours i guess.. finally fall asleep but dun think i was zzz. its hard to change my habit.
further damn recent weather so hot. i try to min air con since in officer whole day with air con but dunno if it is without it, end up cant zzz..
guan jie yan is due to too much intake of protein like soya, beans products? should be controllable by diet?

ok...noted on dr su. heee..
btw i was introduced to this TCM from medical hall SinChong from Chinatown. TCM physician name is Dr Feng Jia Yang. U heard of him before when u research about about Singapore TCM doctors?