my first pregnancy but miscarriage

thanks etep1194 , for your recommendations..
in future, if i pregnant, i will take note of the milk brands you mentioned...
Same as you, i took wholegrain breads every morning since 2 years ago... it is indeed tasteless haha
Recently, after my MC, i started to take Anlene milk every morning now for calcium intake....

Dear sad33

last time when i was young, i also love to watch every games.... and my tuition teacher ask me why i like to watch olympics so much... i told her because i always fall sick, so watching olympics give me the motivation to exercise and be healthy hahaha i still remember this scene so clearly... but after i grow up, i only like to watch diving, table tennis and gymnastic ....

i haven't heard of Feng Jia yang
but i just done a research over the internet after you mentioned his name... i found that someone in this forum also strongly recommended him.... seems like he is quite good... according to this gal's review.... you can see below link..
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f37/tried-very-hard-still-not-conceived-can-someone-recommend-effective-doctor-93093/

On top of that, i also found that he got hold seminars and talks on health one
http://bukitbatokeast.blogspot.sg/2011_07_01_archive.html
u can ctrl find and search for feng jia yang.

I also don't know what caused guan jie yan...
but the guan jie yan of my dad and grandpa are inherited one..... can only control.... dunno can cure or not..

Oh ya, yesterday i visited Dr Su with my hubby.
then she told me to take 8Zhen Within 7 days after Menses, as this will produce the BEST results to our body...
Remember to take ok ?

Last edited:

Sad 33

I'm taking Omega 3 from Holland and Barrett.

As for the formula milk, I'll suggest you getting the samples when you are pregnant. Normally, they will distribute free sample in hospital during prenatal talks, road shows and so on. You've to try it to know which one you prefer. There are also chocolate version for those who absolutely dislike milk taste. Their nutritional value is similar if not the same. It's the taste that differs. For me, I took Anmum maternal before going to bed as it's not too sweet. It helps me to go to sleep better. In the morning, I'll take Similac mum as my normal breakfast is wholegrain bread with vegetable... a bit tasteless... So I need the milk to be sweeter...
Hi etep9114,
i find u mention talking formula milk along with wholegrain bread and veg very interesting. what kind of veg u take in the morning?
it takes a lot of time to prepare?

can u also share what do u consume in a typical day? thanks!

Sad 33

thanks etep1194 , for your recommendations..
in future, if i pregnant, i will take note of the milk brands you mentioned...
Same as you, i took wholegrain breads every morning since 2 years ago... it is indeed tasteless haha
Recently, after my MC, i started to take Anlene milk every morning now for calcium intake....

Dear sad33

last time when i was young, i also love to watch every games.... and my tuition teacher ask me why i like to watch olympics so much... i told her because i always fall sick, so watching olympics give me the motivation to exercise and be healthy hahaha i still remember this scene so clearly... but after i grow up, i only like to watch diving, table tennis and gymnastic ....

i haven't heard of Feng Jia yang
but i just done a research over the internet after you mentioned his name... i found that someone in this forum also strongly recommended him.... seems like he is quite good... according to this gal's review.... you can see below link..
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f37/tried-very-hard-still-not-conceived-can-someone-recommend-effective-doctor-93093/

On top of that, i also found that he got hold seminars and talks on health one
Bukit Batok East: July 2011
u can ctrl find and search for feng jia yang.

I also don't know what caused guan jie yan...
but the guan jie yan of my dad and grandpa are inherited one..... can only control.... dunno can cure or not..

Oh ya, yesterday i visited Dr Su with my hubby.
then she told me to take 8Zhen Within 7 days after Menses, as this will produce the BEST results to our body...
Remember to take ok ?
Hi Faithmummy,
Happy National Day! oooh...tmw is rest day!!!

u are definitely more hardworking than me in researching..heee.. thumbs up.

recently getting more tired...dunno if it is due to this wk 2nd menses come. sigh...how time flies...
btw can share what time u wake up every morning and knock off from work? also what time u sleep?

8zhen, ok noted to con sue within 7 days after menses. :D i am going to zhong hua same doctor for the 4th times this sat. however she uses so little words on me...sigh..sometimes i really love those physician that gives lots of advice esp on what to eat and what not to eat.

Hi Faithmummy,
Happy National Day! oooh...tmw is rest day!!!

u are definitely more hardworking than me in researching..heee.. thumbs up.

recently getting more tired...dunno if it is due to this wk 2nd menses come. sigh...how time flies...
btw can share what time u wake up every morning and knock off from work? also what time u sleep?

8zhen, ok noted to con sue within 7 days after menses. :D i am going to zhong hua same doctor for the 4th times this sat. however she uses so little words on me...sigh..sometimes i really love those physician that gives lots of advice esp on what to eat and what not to eat.
Dear Sad33

Happy National Day to you too !!! and tomorrow is friday !!!!

Oh ya, i forget to tell you.... i found a temple nearer to my house to have Chao du too.... so i am going to sign up with them instead of Singapore Buddhist Lodge because SBL too far liao haha

your 2nd menses come liao ah??? So fast !! Remember to take 8zhen after menses okay.... within 7 days !!!!

you have not visit Dr Feng Jia Yang ah?

actually Dr Su never say alot too... but i kept asking her questions non stop hahahha

I everyday wake up around 6.30 am.... then knock off around 7 pm ... will stay later sometimes
But i try my very best to sleep by 12 am every night.....
you?

Last edited:

etep9114

Hi etep9114,
i find you mention talking formula milk along with wholegrain bread and veg very interesting. what kind of veg you take in the morning?
it takes a lot of time to prepare?

can you also share what do you consume in a typical day? thanks!
Week days:

I will just have fresh organic cabbage with carrot... wrap the veg in bread... like sandwich. Sometimes, I'll have cherry tomato as well. At times, I do replace bread and cabbage with oatmeal with pre packed sunflower seed and several other nuts that I bought.

Organic cabbage and carrot... I bought them from supermarket on Sunday, wash them... cut them into smaller portions... keep them in lock and lock containers... store them in fridge... can last for 2 to 3 day max. In the morning, just take them out from fridge, sandwich them in between 2 slices of bread... make warm milk... Enjoy breakfast within 15mins. Same thing for the oatmeal... 3 tbsp of oatmeal in warm milk... add in mix nuts... breakfast is ready. Cherry tomato is normally the little snack that I bring along with me... eat on the way or when feeling hungry half way through.

Lunch can be pretty challenging for me. I will normally go for fast, unhealthy type of food... any hawker food that do not require me to wait too long and I can finish them fast. Sometimes, just a sandwich and drink then bring back home to eat. As I'm only working half day, the afternoon heat and crowd can really cause dehydration and uncomfort. Hence, I prefer to get things done fast then go home hid behind a fan or an air conditional.

My dinner is normally subway sandwich, fishball soup with beehoon, yong tau hu beehoon soup, hor fan or any soupy dish with veg.

Weekends:

Breakfast - Any hawker breakfast like fried carrot cake and so on. Once per month, Coffee bean and tea leaves's breakfast. Before Antenatal course on Sat, Mcdonald's breakfast in KKH...

Lunch - Anything that I feels like eating even when it's very unhealthy like mee goreng, lu rou fan and so on.

Tea break - Depend on where will I be, normally, finger food and fruit juice...once in a long while, coffee or tea... been avoiding coz caffeine will increase pregnant woman's metabolism rate and reduce foetal nutriental intake.

Dinner - Same as week days... except once a month can go Western restaurant or Japanese restaurant... choices are limited as well coz... they must be dishes with lots of veg and less oily... with a fussy husband... meals can never be too fun.

**We do argue because he insisted I shouldn't eat unhealthy food even once in a while... since then a compromise has been reached but I'm still on a self-controlled diet.

Last edited:

Sad 33

Dear Sad33

Happy National Day to you too !!! and tomorrow is friday !!!!

Oh ya, i forget to tell you.... i found a temple nearer to my house to have Chao du too.... so i am going to sign up with them instead of Singapore Buddhist Lodge because SBL too far liao haha

your 2nd menses come liao ah??? So fast !! Remember to take 8zhen after menses okay.... within 7 days !!!!

you have not visit Dr Feng Jia Yang ah?

actually Dr Su never say alot too... but i kept asking her questions non stop hahahha

I everyday wake up around 6.30 am.... then knock off around 7 pm ... will stay later sometimes
But i try my very best to sleep by 12 am every night.....
you?
Dear Faithmummy,
Glad u found a nearer temple to closure.... ah...u are quite like me when it comes to travelling distance. keekekee...

ya lor...my 2nd menses come on 27days after the first. this seems quite on time. i am usually 28days person. quite on the dot. if around 34 days that means that month i am super stress up. :)
ok i will try to boil 8zhen next 2 days. tonight i am taking bai feng wan!
wah...i tell u huh, ever since menses come, i didn't take the du zhong essence and plus these few days a lot of walking, now my backache is back!!! faint. when menses come, we shouldn't take chinese herbs right? thats why i should not take the essence? any idea? sorry to ask u instead of physician...cos i told u before physician is so strict and ask me not to take anything but only her medicine.sigh...

i have not visit dr feng yet, but was recommended when i was at the medical hall few wks back. i saw the queue and got turn off... like waltzing cloud suggest, i need to prebook him if i want to go see him.
now if i want to change dr, i have a few options...from dr feng, to dr su u are seeing and dr zou which u mention. so perhaps i just give this zhong hua this one more try?

wkdays i have to be up by 6am...and leave office around 8-9pm usually. i try to zzz by 12.30pm. haa...if i try.
wkends are sleeping time. i wake up late. near noon in fact. that's why wkends pass by so fast. sigh...

Sad 33

Week days:

I will just have fresh organic cabbage with carrot... wrap the veg in bread... like sandwich. Sometimes, I'll have cherry tomato as well. At times, I do replace bread and cabbage with oatmeal with pre packed sunflower seed and several other nuts that I bought.

Organic cabbage and carrot... I bought them from supermarket on Sunday, wash them... cut them into smaller portions... keep them in lock and lock containers... store them in fridge... can last for 2 to 3 day max. In the morning, just take them out from fridge, sandwich them in between 2 slices of bread... make warm milk... Enjoy breakfast within 15mins. Same thing for the oatmeal... 3 tbsp of oatmeal in warm milk... add in mix nuts... breakfast is ready. Cherry tomato is normally the little snack that I bring along with me... eat on the way or when feeling hungry half way through.

Lunch can be pretty challenging for me. I will normally go for fast, unhealthy type of food... any hawker food that do not require me to wait too long and I can finish them fast. Sometimes, just a sandwich and drink then bring back home to eat. As I'm only working half day, the afternoon heat and crowd can really cause dehydration and uncomfort. Hence, I prefer to get things done fast then go home hid behind a fan or an air conditional.

My dinner is normally subway sandwich, fishball soup with beehoon, yong tau hu beehoon soup, hor fan or any soupy dish with veg.

Weekends:

Breakfast - Any hawker breakfast like fried carrot cake and so on. Once per month, Coffee bean and tea leaves's breakfast. Before Antenatal course on Sat, Mcdonald's breakfast in KKH...

Lunch - Anything that I feels like eating even when it's very unhealthy like mee goreng, lu rou fan and so on.

Tea break - Depend on where will I be, normally, finger food and fruit juice...once in a long while, coffee or tea... been avoiding coz caffeine will increase pregnant woman's metabolism rate and reduce foetal nutriental intake.

Dinner - Same as week days... except once a month can go Western restaurant or Japanese restaurant... choices are limited as well coz... they must be dishes with lots of veg and less oily... with a fussy husband... meals can never be too fun.

**We do argue because he insisted I shouldn't eat unhealthy food even once in a while... since then a compromise has been reached but I'm still on a self-controlled diet.
Thanks etep9114, for sharing so much :D

ohh..yeah sunflower seeds! i forgot about it and have only walnuts and pine seeds at home. time to purchase! :)
i like to have nuts or dried fruits like cranberry or raisin btw my bread. this is what i have for breakfast or i just buy ready bake favoured breads. however it is really an insight to use veg on bread. i don't take veg with bread in this way...unless there is ham or egg. are they very raw tasting? h/w certainty very healthy though. thumbs up.

do u work half day cos u are preggie now? or all along you work only half day?
i am considering different modes if one day i want to have children again. u see my job is rather texting and recent mc points that i really have very very poor health. so i think it is really a good idea to work only half day to kind of relax the body a little.

lol...it seems we all can click. i am also a no queuer... i hate queuing to max..that is why i always choose food store with little or no queue. i don't believe in wasting my good time queuing and also seeing frustrated hawkers' faces when their business damn good.

your hubby seems a very health conscious person! it's seldom the man to be more than the woman. :)
for my case, my hubby seems to be of poorer appetite as compared to me. there's also frustration on my end as things i like to eat or want to share, he just can't stomach it. he doesnt like a lot of food i like, so i find very sian with eater like him. like u, we do argue... cos i want my man to be more manly in terms of eating too.

Last edited:
Dear Sad33

I asked my colleague, who had asked pantry aunty before.... Du Zhong Bu Yao Jing can be taken during Menses period too.
your backache probably come back because of Menses... i also have such problem when it come to menses....

Give Zhong Hua One last Try.... if the medicine still don't work... go to Dr Su or Dr Zou...
I still think you should go to Dr Su, because i see results... so i really strongly encourage you to go to her..
I never see Dr Zou before, but i heard she is good too... however, if people ask me to recommend, i will still say Dr Su because i seen her many times hehe

I always see her during Weekend Saturday, from 1.30 pm to 5 pm
If you come on the dot at 1.30 pm, you will be queuing up to get number and you won't have to wait for very long..
yesterday i only waited for half an hour and get to see her, because my queue number is good..... so the trick is don't come later than 1.30 pm heheheh
U can prebook the number however, they will not pick up the call until they finished serving those people who come at 1.30 pm.. so even if you manage to call in, you will get very very bad queue number....

Yesterday, My friend went to see her too (the friend who asked for General Tiao Yang of Health)
and Dr Su say her health has improved !!!! Dr Su ask her to come next month before Menses...
She not planning for baby because she has no bf.... so she just tiao as a whole...
I really have confidence that Dr Su can help you , my dear friend..
i really hope good things can happen to you...
Do ask your hubby to go with you and see together...

give you the address again:

Fu Nan Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre
Blk 152 Bukit Batok West Ave 6 St.11 #01-266.
Tel : 6896 1618
Physician Su

Operating hours:
Mon: 8.30am - 12pm / 6-9pm
Tue: 8.30am - 12pm
Wed: 8.30am - 12pm
Thu: Closed
Fri: 8.30am - 12pm / 6-9pm
Sat: 1.30pm - 5pm
Sun: 8.30am - 12pm
PH: Closed

Dear Etep1194,

after you mentioned, i started to put Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds into me and my hubby's cereal + anlene milk every morning, hehehehe
Sunflowers give Selenium
Pumpkin seeds give zinc
both are very good for fertility, gals !!!!

Last edited:

etep9114

Thanks etep9114, for sharing so much :D

ohh..yeah sunflower seeds! i forgot about it and have only walnuts and pine seeds at home. time to purchase! :)
i like to have nuts or dried fruits like cranberry or raisin btw my bread. this is what i have for breakfast or i just buy ready bake favoured breads. however it is really an insight to use veg on bread. i don't take veg with bread in this way...unless there is ham or egg. are they very raw tasting? h/w certainty very healthy though. thumbs up.

do u work half day cos u are preggie now? or all along you work only half day?
i am considering different modes if one day i want to have children again. u see my job is rather texting and recent mc points that i really have very very poor health. so i think it is really a good idea to work only half day to kind of relax the body a little.

lol...it seems we all can click. i am also a no queuer... i hate queuing to max..that is why i always choose food store with little or no queue. i don't believe in wasting my good time queuing and also seeing frustrated hawkers' faces when their business damn good.

your hubby seems a very health conscious person! it's seldom the man to be more than the woman. :)
for my case, my hubby seems to be of poorer appetite as compared to me. there's also frustration on my end as things i like to eat or want to share, he just can't stomach it. he doesnt like a lot of food i like, so i find very sian with eater like him. like u, we do argue... cos i want my man to be more manly in terms of eating too.
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, the veg tastes very raw but I'm kind of used to it now.

I quit my full time job 2 months before conceived. My previous job is pretty taxing as it's starting up of a brand new department. I realized that I desperately need to rest and recover from the damage due to my m/c and over work. I'm a month pregnant 1 month after my last day in previous company. I started working in this company as part-timer 2 weeks after I leave my previous company. Pretty relax environment but pay a bit low lah!

My hubby and I are not that young. Mid 30s already. After previous m/c, he treasures this little life growing in me... so he will go around find out from his female colleagues, friends or just search online for health tips to make sure my little one and I are getting the right amount of nutrients. My hubby, himself, is also a lousy eater... junks are his favorite but I told him this once and since then, he'll eat what I'm eating... "What's the use of having a healthy mummy when daddy is no longer around to see him grow up? I'm no longer young, yes but what about you? We are born in the same year. Pregnancy might make my body worst but that doesn't mean you have a much better body than me. We age together though not same rate. So if you want me to eat those healthy stuffs, make sure you do the same. I believe you want our kids to grow up in a healthy environment with healthy parents and not just a mummy, right?"

It can be tough to convince our spouse on health issues... we can only try our best... In fact I said that out of anger... after an argument. Hope you are able to convince your husband on the diet issue.

Dear Sad33

I asked my colleague, who had asked pantry aunty before.... Du Zhong Bu Yao Jing can be taken during Menses period too.
your backache probably come back because of Menses... i also have such problem when it come to menses....

Give Zhong Hua One last Try.... if the medicine still dont't work... go to Dr Su or Dr Zou...
I still think you should go to Dr Su, because i see results... so i really strongly encourage you to go to her..
I never see Dr Zou before, but i heard she is good too... however, if people ask me to recommend, i will still say Dr Su because i seen her many times hehe

I always see her during Weekend Saturday, from 1.30 pm to 5 pm
If you come on the dot at 1.30 pm, you will be queuing up to get number and you won't have to wait for very long..
yesterday i only waited for half an hour and get to see her, because my queue number is good..... so the trick is dont't come later than 1.30 pm heheheh
you can prebook the number however, they will not pick up the call until they finished serving those people who come at 1.30 pm.. so even if you manage to call in, you will get very very bad queue number....

Yesterday, My friend went to see her too (the friend who asked for General Tiao Yang of Health)
and Dr Su say her health has improved !!!! Dr Su ask her to come next month before Menses...
She not planning for baby because she has no bf.... so she just tiao as a whole...
I really have confidence that Dr Su can help you , my dear friend..
i really hope good things can happen to you...
Do ask your hubby to go with you and see together...

give you the address again:

Fu Nan Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre
Blk 152 Bukit Batok West Ave 6 St.11 #01-266.
Tel : 6896 1618
Physician Su

Operating hours:
Mon: 8.30am - 12pm / 6-9pm
Tue: 8.30am - 12pm
Wed: 8.30am - 12pm
Thu: Closed
Fri: 8.30am - 12pm / 6-9pm
Sat: 1.30pm - 5pm
Sun: 8.30am - 12pm
PH: Closed

Dear Etep1194,

after you mentioned, i started to put Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds into me and my hubby's cereal + anlene milk every morning, hehehehe
Sunflowers give Selenium
Pumpkin seeds give zinc
both are very good for fertility, gals !!!!
Is she very famous ? do i need to make appointment ? or need to walk in?

Is she very famous ? do i need to make appointment ? or need to walk in?
msvistamio
you no need to make appointment, just simply walk in,
Try to walk in earlier than the operating hours so that you can get a good queue number.
i feel that she is quite famous.... if i come late, my queue number will be like very far away.... so many patients seeing her everyweek...

Sad 33

Dear Faithmummy,
I am so busy recently!!!
Thanks for sharing about DR Su. How's your health getting on recently? Hope everything is good on yr end. :)

Did u manage to arrange the chao du ritual already?

I started my workday breakfast with walnut, sunflower and pumpkin seeds after reading about both yr comments! i am so ks...put 3 types of seed + a few dried cranberry on my bread daily!
is there any more health beneficial breakfast receipt that u use?

Dear etep9114,
hope everything is fine on yr end too. :D

there's certainly some tradeoff..but i think in your case it is good to have a more relaxing job and also gives u slower pace and more time to rest. dun think too much about the lower salary if your hubby can afford.
of course about salary...that is why a lot of women delay pregnancy for career prospect and $. esp the companies i used to work with isn't procreation... i am reaching my mid-30s too. with the recent mc my husband is kind of made up his mind that he does not want to see me suffer for the next one so he says no baby for us. i really dunno...so i am giving myself another 1 yr to build my health...and perhaps choose a lighter job when time comes?
your hubby is also very nice to u. u can see how much he cares by his effort to check with others!

sad33

wow !! so long never hear from you... how are you !!!
don't give up trying for baby next year ok !!, talk to your hubby again... i think the joy that our kids bring to us, is something that money cannot buy.....

i one week never eat Dr Su medicine liao.. because just finished my wisdom tooth surgery.... so skip her medicine for a week...

actually i was kinda sad this week because i kept seeing my hubby eat junk food...
i think i really give up hope liao..

Walnuts is good !!! Good for black hair, good for anti-ageing, good for heart, and good for men's sperms...
let your hubby eat more hehehehe.

someone just recommended me this brand of Sauce call Leggo...
it is tomato garlic sauce that come with hidden vegetables... can use to cook simple meal like spaghetti... or other dishes..
perhaps i will try buying this sauce to cook for my hubby, at least give him some vitamins....

i arranged for Chao du liao... it is on the 9 sept.... finally i can get some closure soon
How about you? have you arrange?

oh ya... did u see my msg above? You can drink Bu Yao Jing during menses.... no worries..
Are you still visiting Zhong Hua?

hi faith mummy

I have visit Dr Su, she say my waist is weak n my stomach still go a bit of wind mayb from last Mc..she also ask me take DOM n red dates with longan but she nvr say cannot take during mense..do u know why cannot take during mense?

Btw, why did u chao tu ? for the unborn?

Hi msvistamio

Longan red date can drink everyday... just that during menses, u have to replace longan with black sugar .. not because longan not good but black sugar more helpful during menses...

Dom can only drink on normal days... not menses days... i never ask her why but since she say, so i just follow :)

I m doing chao du for my unborn bb because i had a miscarriage three months ago....

Hi msvistamio

Longan red date can drink everyday... just that during menses, you have to replace longan with black sugar .. not because longan not good but black sugar more helpful during menses...

Dom can only drink on normal days... not menses days... i never ask her why but since she say, so i just follow :)

I m doing chao du for my unborn baby because i had a miscarriage three months ago....

Maybe my mense very light..so she nvr say cannot drink during mense..after my MC, i had surgery to remove cyst..Dr su only say my "qi" not enough.,and stress from work lor, nvr say much on others ..
do u see her weekly ? cos she only gave me 5 day medication, so i m not sure should i see her again after i finish my medication or go every forthnightly?

how old was ur bb when u miscarriage?

Maybe my mense very light..so she nvr say cannot drink during mense..after my MC, i had surgery to remove cyst..Dr su only say my "qi" not enough.,and stress from work lor, nvr say much on others ..
do u see her weekly ? cos she only gave me 5 day medication, so i m not sure should i see her again after i finish my medication or go every forthnightly?

how old was ur bb when u miscarriage?
My bb was eight weeks when i mc, how about u?

It has nothing to do with menses light or not... for everyone, dom cannot drink during menses...
Mine was not heavy menses either... maybe she just forget to tell u... for me, i ask her then she say one

Ya i visit her as soon as i complete her medicine... better to continue to see results

i lost mine at wk 8 too..that was last nov..then i went for cyst opt after 3mth rest..
ya, i will see her next week..let jia you together !! baby dust to us !!

p/s i may be slow in reply as i cant post quick reply on iphone, can only reply at night when i m home