Need recommendation

cftongtan

Hi, wonder if u are breast feeding or feeding with formula milk? Is aunty looking after baby through the night. If yes, it is reasonable if she naps I. The afternoon.

I see... I m not in the position to comment anything cos it's her pre-arrangement with you. For me, I told her the worst senerio that I do not have maid and everything she got to help abit (mainly with regards to me and baby). Well, she really did a good job. There's abt 3 times I caught her taking nap. I was angry also, but to think again and be reasonable, she is taking nap with my baby. Chores done, I have already taken full full meal. Nth to do in the noon, so let her be lo. Also, i was waiting to see if she wakes up when my bb cry, I was surprise a little move from my bb and she open her eyes to see. Anyway, at least she does what she needs and more than that while she does confinement for me. now I am so grateful to her by listening to her advices. I have got back my figure and in fact, better than before pregnancy. Jeans and dresses able to wear back. Plus, I got a pink health. anytime my hand and feet is warm and rosy cheek. most importantly, my bb is healthy and after 2 weeks back from hospital, she manage to turn bb US time to Asia time. :) which makes my night peaceful after she leaves. :)

Berryhills

Since my post on my CL recommendation, i rec'd a few request on her contact, am so sorry for the late reply.
Her SG no: 93979086 and malaysia no: +60127769623, name: ah li.

She is from malaysia, chinese,

Personally feel she is very good, score at least 90. i think my hubby gave her full marks. :001_302:
She is good with baby and her confinement food is never boring. guess wat, she is very knowledgable in using chinese herb.

Best part is, her food is not oily and also she is not selfish to teach you her cooking, too bad my maid no here yet to learn from her.

Snother part i likes, whereby some ppl might dun like is. She is very hygenic . everytime baby spilt milk or urine ganna clothes, she will change. so everyday she wash many baby clothes.

My first week have no breast mik and was so depressed. She make alot of soup for me to drink, now if i pump, i am able to get 145ml, am so happy.

my baby weight 3.3kg when discharged and after a mth, he is 4.8kg.

she will be with me till this friday, call her sg no if u contacting her these few days, after tat call her malaysia no.

fyi, she was already booked this oct and dec. book early, you wont regrets. tell her is karen from telok blangah recommend her.

sorry for the messy english, am breast feeding now while typing this msg.

cftongtan

Hi,

May I ask how many hrs internal that you can get 145ml of breastmilk? :Dancing_wub:

Since my post on my CL recommendation, i rec'd a few request on her contact, am so sorry for the late reply.
Her SG no: 93979086 and malaysia no: +60127769623, name: li.

She is from malaysia, chinese,

Personally feel she is very good, score at least 90. i think my hubby gave her full marks. :001_302:
She is good with baby and her confinement food is never boring. guess what, she is very knowledgable in using chinese herb.

Best part is, her food is not oily and also she is not selfish to teach you her cooking, too bad my maid no here yet to learn from her.

Snother part i likes, whereby some ppl might dont like is. She is very hygenic . everytime baby spilt milk or urine ganna clothes, she will change. so everyday she wash many baby clothes.

My first week have no breast mik and was so depressed. She make alot of soup for me to drink, now if i pump, i am able to get 145ml, am so happy.

my baby weight 3.3kg when discharged and after a month, he is 4.8kg.

she will be with me till this friday, call her sg no if you contacting her these few days, after that call her malaysia no.

fyi, she was already booked this oct and dec. book early, you wont regrets. tell her is karen from telok blangah recommend her.

sorry for the messy english, am breast feeding now while typing this msg.

elaine01

Hi,

May I ask how many hrs internal that you can get 145ml of breastmilk? :Dancing_wub:
How much you can get from your breast is not a good way of estimating how much milk you are producing. Yes, sometimes when the interval is dragged, you may get more milk & makes you "feel good" but at the end of the day, the long interval is actually affecting your supply.

nickytensai

Hi Mummies,

If you need a confinement lady after June 2011, you can try my current confinement lady. Both my husband and I are very thankful that we have gotten her.

She has really been a great help. She takes the initiative to do most of the chores without me having to remind her. She cooks well and dont't mind cooking extra for my husband or mum or mother in law when they visit. She also does my husband and my laundry on her own accord and painstakingly hand wash the baby's clothes cos she says its a waste of water to use the washing machine. Plus, she does light household chores on her own accord and cleans and mops the kitchen after cooking.

Most importantly, she respects my decisions and always asks how I would like to handle my baby. When asked, she will then provide advice and opinions. Unlike some confinement lady, she is not against breastfeeding and would bring the baby to you for feeding at night.

The reason why I'm "advertising" for her is because she shared that if they get cases through agency, the agency will charge them $600 agency fees! Which I feel is so unfair. So word of mouth is the best for them.

Anyway, we call her as "Lin Tai" and her singapore contact no is 84349500
Lin Tai was my confinement lady.

Far from your review, she's not as good!

I paid her a $400 deposit in April (face-to-face) and informed her that my EDD is 11 June, via natural delivery. I told her that it should be around that day, though not sure which day (of course right, who can predict which day baby is out), so I told her please be prepared that she may have to come a few days earlier/later than 11 June. She said ok. I wrote my address, everything to her on a piece of paper for her to keep.

The day I delivered, I called her to inform her that baby should be coming out that day (Thursday), and asked her to come on Saturday. She said not possible, cos she got something on on Saturday, can only come on Sunday. I thought I told her to be prepared (baby arrived 4 days earlier). She said cannot. Ok, fine. Then she said she doesn't have my address, note, I was in labour contractions then, and her phone reception is very lousy (she's in M'sia then), I have to keep repeating my address to her over the phone. Ended up she said she cannot catch, gave me another number for me to SMS over. All this while I am suffering from contractions. FML.

Breakfast: On the first morning, she offered me a tau sar bao as breakfast. Hahaha! Tau sar bao? I might as well buy downstairs myself right! Anyway, i dont't mind, i just eat. I thought it's becos she doesn't have enough time to prepare better breakfast, turns out the next morning, she ask me whether I want bread with kaya or jam? I ask her what else can you prepare? She said, can eat bread one, never mind. Contrast this with my previous CL, almost every morning she prepares different things for me. Sigh.

Lunch: The first lunch she prepared porridge with fish. I dont't mind, cos it's a one dish dish, easy for me to eat. Subsequently, it's this sort of dish all the way. Either this, or it's mee tai bak with niang tou foo. Yes, you heard me right, only these 2 dishes for lunch alternating over the past 3 + weeks. Just becos I didn't kick up a fuss over lunch, she didn't offer to cook more.

Dinner: So far ok, just very dull dishes. Furthermore, she cooks things that I think I am not allowed
to eat. My mother in law saw me drinking giam chye soup one day, and said I'm not supposed to eat that cos it's "cooling".

Supper: She offers me leftover soup from dinner as that.

Tonic: She prepares those pre-packed tonic soup to boil. And I think so far, I've only had them less than 8 times.

Naps: She sleeps so much more than me and my hubby combined! Granted, she has to wake up at night to feed the baby, but the fact that she sleeps so much instead of mopping the floor more (she insists she will only mop the floor twice a week). My baby is an easy baby to look after, so far, she only wakes up about 1-2 times a night to feed. How tiring can this be? And, she wakes up at average
8am everyday, LATER than both me and hubby.

Door: She likes to close the door whenver she's feeding the baby/sleeping. I told her to leave it open, or at least, dont't close tight, so as to minimise noise when I have to turn the door knob. All fell on deaf ears.

Diaper change: Baby was fidgeting. I checked her diapers. It was lightly soiled. I told her to change, cos I was due to express my milk, she said no need, cos only a little bit. My foot ! Although it was only a little soiled on the diaper, my baby's bum was smeared with poo already. I told her must change, else will have rash/UTI. She said what if baby poo again later, then have to change again very troublesome. SHe even have the cheek to tell me last time the other mother she worked for told her not to change in situations like this, I told her I am not the other mother. Was so frustrated. So all the while she doesn't change the diaper even if it's little bit soiled. No wonder my baby's bum was red.

Hygiene: I observed that she doesn't wash her hands with soap after diaper change. I have to tell her to do so.

Hygiene: Uses same water container to wash raw food (raw fish etc!) and baby bottles/accessories. Have to "educate" her not to do so!

Hygiene: Likes to scratch her feet and sometimes uses her finger to dig stuck food from her teeth while carrying baby and watching TV.

Diaper again: I tell her to keep checking baby's diaper if baby is still fidgeting after a feed, in case she has pooed A couple of times, I carried baby from the CL, only to check that she has pooed and that the CL has failed to notice it. I told her this. She said dont't worry, if baby has pooed, she can smell one.

Diaper change: Most times, cleaning is not thorough. THere will be bits of poo stuck in between the folds of my baby's legs/groin area.

Poo: The biggest unpleasant surprise was, we found smudges of poo on baby's pillow and on the
wet wipe package. FAIL!

Baby's condition: My baby's face is full of red spots and rashes. Yes, they may be due to heat rash. But it is mostly due to the bad hygience practices of the CL.

TV: She is a TV addict! Watches the 11pm CH 8 show without fail every night. Sometimes even carry baby to watch with her, so as to pacify the baby without sacrificing watching TV. I have to tell her not to do so and leave the baby with us or in the room.

Mobile phone: It's on 24 hours. And that ring tone is so loud that I can hear it even with behind 2 closed doors!

Hearing: I suspect she's abit hard of hearing. Talking to her is such a pain, have to repeat twice, and louder the 2nd time.

Communication: She doesn't speak English.

Buys 4D: The moment she knows that baby's BC is ready, she asks for the number, went downstaris to buy. And she tio-ed, got $200.

4D: Even if it’s not necessary to go downstairs to buy anything, she will make it a point to go downstairs every Thursday and Monday to buy newspaper to check if she tio 4D.

Longan tea: Was so bland (almost taste like plain water) that I poured a cup for her to taste it herself. ONly after that that it improved.

Washing: She just chucks everything into the washing machine, AND dryer. Yes, she has such a good life doesn't she. Didn't bother to separately wash baby's mittens from the rest of baby's clothes, which my 1st CL painstakingly does so.

Cost: She charged us $2200, on the context that $200 extra is because we have an elder son. FYI, our son goes to day-time childcare from 8am to 7pm every weekday. We dont’t require her to cook any separate dish for him. So the $200 extra is just for washing and folding his clothes (his washing is also done together with the baby’s clothes)

She only does baby's laundry, doesn't have to do ours (mine and hubby’s). She didn't offer to do so anyway.

If I were to give a mean rating, then it's certainly 1/10. Would have sacked her if not for the fact that we dont't have maid and no in-laws/parents to help out. Plus we have an elder son. Would love to get my 1st CL back but she's alraedy retired

If it's a normal rating, then 5/10, she does the bare minimum, i.e. wakes to feed baby at night. I dont't think she's doing a fantastic job taking care of me. I have to prepare my own breakfast everyday, make my own drinks when I'm hungry, I tend to get hungry quite often through the day
but she doesn't offer to prepare any snacks for me at all.

Also, I feel that I am losing weight less quickly this time. May be due to water retention still I dont't know. But for sure she is not preparing enough foods for me to "get rid of wind and water retention", unlike the 1st CL who prepared many types of these foods for me.

Oh! Another thing. We were planning to celebrate baby's full month on 9 Jul (Saturday). She insisted that she has to leave on 8am that day and thus cannot help out during the celebrations. She started calculating that she is working for only 28 days, no more no less (Actually, she is trying to cheat as she came on 12 Jun at 12pm, and claims that if she works till 9 Jul 8am, it is 28 days… my foot… it is less than 27 days). And she even suggested us to celebrate on Friday instead. Said that old folks say, girls should celebrate earlier, cos if later, they will get married later. What rubbish! NVM. Her loss. Cos the 1st CL helped out during the celebrations and pocketed at least $300 worth of hongbao from the relatives.

Anyway, my mother in law asked her to help with some preparation on Friday (the day before the full month celebration). Then on Thursday night, she said her mother in law passed away and have to go back to Malaysia by 1pm. Thus, she has to leave our house on Friday 8am (now she is only working 26 days). Guess what, her whole family came to our house to pick her up and they dont’t dress like they are going for a funeral… more like a wedding (her grand-daughter is wearing a pink wedding-like dress, the CL herself wore a red shirt)… but let’s give her the benefit of the doubt and hope it is real… Just a note for her future employers just in case she ever mention that her mother in law pass away again.

maneo0302

I paid her a $400 deposit in April (face-to-face) and informed her that my EDD is 11 June, via natural delivery. I told her that it should be around that day, though not sure which day (of course right, who can predict which day baby is out), so I told her please be prepared that she may have to come a few days earlier/later than 11 June. She said ok. I wrote my address, everything to her on a piece of paper for her to keep.

The day I delivered, I called her to inform her that baby should be coming out that day (Thursday), and asked her to come on Saturday. She said not possible, cos she got something on on Saturday, can only come on Sunday. I thought I told her to be prepared (baby arrived 4 days earlier). She said cannot. Ok, fine. Then she said she doesn't have my address, note, I was in labour contractions then, and her phone reception is very lousy (she's in M'sia then), I have to keep repeating my address to her over the phone. Ended up she said she cannot catch, gave me another number for me to SMS over. All this while I am suffering from contractions. FML.

Breakfast: On the first morning, she offered me a tau sar bao as breakfast. Hahaha! Tau sar bao? I might as well buy downstairs myself right! Anyway, i dont't mind, i just eat. I thought it's becos she doesn't have enough time to prepare better breakfast, turns out the next morning, she ask me whether I want bread with kaya or jam? I ask her what else can you prepare? She said, can eat bread one, never mind. Contrast this with my previous CL, almost every morning she prepares different things for me. Sigh.

Lunch: The first lunch she prepared porridge with fish. I dont't mind, cos it's a one dish dish, easy for me to eat. Subsequently, it's this sort of dish all the way. Either this, or it's mee tai bak with niang tou foo. Yes, you heard me right, only these 2 dishes for lunch alternating over the past 3 + weeks. Just becos I didn't kick up a fuss over lunch, she didn't offer to cook more.

Dinner: So far ok, just very dull dishes. Furthermore, she cooks things that I think I am not allowed
to eat. My mother in law saw me drinking giam chye soup one day, and said I'm not supposed to eat that cos it's "cooling".

Tonic: She prepares those pre-packed tonic soup to boil. And I think so far, I've only had them less than 8 times.

Naps: She sleeps so much more than me and my hubby combined! Granted, she has to wake up at night to feed the baby, but the fact that she sleeps so much instead of mopping the floor more (she insists she will only mop the floor twice a week). My baby is an easy baby to look after, so far, she only wakes up about 1-2 times a night to feed. How tiring can this be? And, she wakes up at average

Door: She likes to close the door whenver she's feeding the baby/sleeping. I told her to leave it open, or at least, dont't close tight, so as to minimise noise when I have to turn the door knob. All fell on deaf ears.

Diaper change: Baby was fidgeting. I checked her diapers. It was lightly soiled. I told her to change, cos I was due to express my milk, she said no need, cos only a little bit. My foot ! Although it was only a little soiled on the diaper, my baby's bum was smeared with poo already. I told her must change, else will have rash/UTI. She said what if baby poo again later, then have to change again very troublesome. SHe even have the cheek to tell me last time the other mother she worked for told her not to change in situations like this, I told her I am not the other mother. Was so frustrated. So all the while she doesn't change the diaper even if it's little bit soiled. No wonder my baby's bum was red.

Hygiene: I observed that she doesn't wash her hands with soap after diaper change. I have to tell her to do so.

Hygiene: Uses same water container to wash raw food (raw fish etc!) and baby bottles/accessories. Have to "educate" her not to do so!

Hygiene: Likes to scratch her feet and sometimes uses her finger to dig stuck food from her teeth while carrying baby and watching TV.

Diaper again: I tell her to keep checking baby's diaper if baby is still fidgeting after a feed, in case she has pooed A couple of times, I carried baby from the CL, only to check that she has pooed and that the CL has failed to notice it. I told her this. She said dont't worry, if baby has pooed, she can smell one.

Diaper change: Most times, cleaning is not thorough. THere will be bits of poo stuck in between the folds of my baby's legs/groin area.

Poo: The biggest unpleasant surprise was, we found smudges of poo on baby's pillow and on the
wet wipe package. FAIL!

Baby's condition: My baby's face is full of red spots and rashes. Yes, they may be due to heat rash. But it is mostly due to the bad hygience practices of the CL.

TV: She is a TV addict! Watches the 11pm CH 8 show without fail every night. Sometimes even carry baby to watch with her, so as to pacify the baby without sacrificing watching TV. I have to tell her not to do so and leave the baby with us or in the room.

Mobile phone: It's on 24 hours. And that ring tone is so loud that I can hear it even with behind 2 closed doors!

Hearing: I suspect she's abit hard of hearing. Talking to her is such a pain, have to repeat twice, and louder the 2nd time.

Buys 4D: The moment she knows that baby's BC is ready, she asks for the number, went downstaris to buy. And she tio-ed, got $200.

4D: Even if it’s not necessary to go downstairs to buy anything, she will make it a point to go downstairs every Thursday and Monday to buy newspaper to check if she tio 4D.

Longan tea: Was so bland (almost taste like plain water) that I poured a cup for her to taste it herself. ONly after that that it improved.

Washing: She just chucks everything into the washing machine, AND dryer. Yes, she has such a good life doesn't she. Didn't bother to separately wash baby's mittens from the rest of baby's clothes, which my 1st CL painstakingly does so.

Cost: She charged us $2200, on the context that $200 extra is because we have an elder son. FYI, our son goes to day-time childcare from 8am to 7pm every weekday. We dont’t require her to cook any separate dish for him. So the $200 extra is just for washing and folding his clothes (his washing is also done together with the baby’s clothes)

She only does baby's laundry, doesn't have to do ours (mine and hubby’s). She didn't offer to do so anyway.

If I were to give a mean rating, then it's certainly 1/10. Would have sacked her if not for the fact that we dont't have maid and no in-laws/parents to help out. Plus we have an elder son. Would love to get my 1st CL back but she's alraedy retired

If it's a normal rating, then 5/10, she does the bare minimum, i.e. wakes to feed baby at night. I dont't think she's doing a fantastic job taking care of me. I have to prepare my own breakfast everyday, make my own drinks when I'm hungry, I tend to get hungry quite often through the day

Also, I feel that I am losing weight less quickly this time. May be due to water retention still I dont't know. But for sure she is not preparing enough foods for me to "get rid of wind and water retention", unlike the 1st CL who prepared many types of these foods for me.

Oh! Another thing. We were planning to celebrate baby's full month on 9 Jul (Saturday). She insisted that she has to leave on 8am that day and thus cannot help out during the celebrations. She started calculating that she is working for only 28 days, no more no less (Actually, she is trying to cheat as she came on 12 Jun at 12pm, and claims that if she works till 9 Jul 8am, it is 28 days… my foot… it is less than 27 days). And she even suggested us to celebrate on Friday instead. Said that old folks say, girls should celebrate earlier, cos if later, they will get married later. What rubbish! NVM. Her loss. Cos the 1st CL helped out during the celebrations and pocketed at least $300 worth of hongbao from the relatives.

Anyway, my mother in law asked her to help with some preparation on Friday (the day before the full month celebration). Then on Thursday night, she said her mother in law passed away and have to go back to Malaysia by 1pm. Thus, she has to leave our house on Friday 8am (now she is only working 26 days). Guess what, her whole family came to our house to pick her up and they dont’t dress like they are going for a funeral… more like a wedding (her grand-daughter is wearing a pink wedding-like dress, the CL herself wore a red shirt)… but let’s give her the benefit of the doubt and hope it is real… Just a note for her future employers just in case she ever mention that her mother in law pass away again.
Oh dear...that's bad.
$2200 is alot! Mine is $2100 and I think its ex already.
Anyway, hope she will improve and other mummies who hire her will not get all those bad habits.

nickytensai

maneo0302,

yes, it's really expensive and for such borderline service from her. if not for the fact that i was really desperate looking for a CL then, I would have searched around more and maybe gotten a better one.

one more incident that i forgot to mention. she sometimes forgot to close the fridge door properly. i am very particular about this cos there is breastmilk in the fridge, so if the door is not closed properly and not found out quick enough, wouldn't that spoil the breastmilk? i noticed this many times and kept reminding her to check everytime.

then one night, i found that the door was not closed properly again. this time i told her off. u know what happened? she screamed at me and said no, it was not her fault this time, and instead, pointed the finger at me and said it must be me! she was so fierce then, her eyes was so big, and she was carrying my girl then! can you imagine how traumatised i was? there she was scolding me, when i am already very pissed off with her making the mistake with the fridge again, and worse, she's holding my baby with her! i was so scared that in her fit of anger, she will do something to my baby! really traumatising.

and it's not that i treat her badly or what. a couple of times, when i asked my hubby to buy snacks back for me, i will tell him to buy one more portion for her. she didn't appreciate these gestures, and instead gave us shoddy service.

really a very bad experience.

mothers to be, please search and get a CL way in advance. don't end up like me, only kan chiong when i was already 6 months pregnant, and ended up getting one like her out of desperation of not finding a CL in time. sigh.

nickytensai

wet wipe package. FAIL!

The more I think about the experience, the more I recall unhappy incidences with her.

We were playing the Mozart CD for baby. A while later, we noticed that the music has stopped. I went into the room to check and realised that its power has been switched off. I asked the CL if she has switched it off. She said the music is too loud and is disturbing her sleep, that she is not used to sleeping with music. I told her this is for the baby! And note, the volume is not loud at all, we also have to make sure that it is acceptable and pleasing to the baby right. I proceeded to on the music again, she then gave me a black face.

Actually, the first impression she gave us was already not good.

We called her a week before my EDD, to "touch base" with her and let her know that it may be anytime now. We called and it rang, she answered the phone. I identified myself and before I can continue, she said she's at a wedding now and cannot hear me, will return my call. The line was then cut off. I was shocked and was wondering to myself, damn, what if that call was made when I was already in labour? Wasn't that a very irreponsible thing to do, to cut off my line and not bothering to find out the purpose of my call? And I had already paid her a deposit!

So we waited for the rest of the night, she didn't return my call. Note: we called her at about 9pm+.

The next morning, I called her again, hoping that she will answer. But for the first few calls I made, it all went into her voicemail. I was in a frantic then, thinking that she is a fraud. I was 39 weeks pregnant then, all the stress and emotions that I was put through because of her, come to think of it now, is really very irresponsible.

She called back after we called her many times. Know what she said? She asked who we were, and whether we had called to ask for her confinement services. She thought we were new customers! I told her it's me who has engaged her for June. I really don't know what her motives were..anyway, I reminded her about my EDD and that it could be anytime that week. She said ok ok. I wanted to ask her about what things I should prepare, e.g. ingredients for longan tea etc. But before I can do so, she has hurriedly put down the phone.

All the while from that call to the actual day of my delivery, we were very worried that she will turn out to be a no show. Imagine all the stress and uncertainty and frustration that I have to go through then.

I hope no more mothers have to go through this sort of experience. Her name is Lin Tai, mobile no. is 84349500.

maneo0302

The more I think about the experience, the more I recall unhappy incidences with her.

We were playing the Mozart CD for baby. A while later, we noticed that the music has stopped. I went into the room to check and realised that its power has been switched off. I asked the CL if she has switched it off. She said the music is too loud and is disturbing her sleep, that she is not used to sleeping with music. I told her this is for the baby! And note, the volume is not loud at all, we also have to make sure that it is acceptable and pleasing to the baby right. I proceeded to on the music again, she then gave me a black face.

Actually, the first impression she gave us was already not good.

We called her a week before my EDD, to "touch base" with her and let her know that it may be anytime now. We called and it rang, she answered the phone. I identified myself and before I can continue, she said she's at a wedding now and cannot hear me, will return my call. The line was then cut off. I was shocked and was wondering to myself, damn, what if that call was made when I was already in labour? Wasn't that a very irreponsible thing to do, to cut off my line and not bothering to find out the purpose of my call? And I had already paid her a deposit!

So we waited for the rest of the night, she didn't return my call. Note: we called her at about 9pm+.

The next morning, I called her again, hoping that she will answer. But for the first few calls I made, it all went into her voicemail. I was in a frantic then, thinking that she is a fraud. I was 39 weeks pregnant then, all the stress and emotions that I was put through because of her, come to think of it now, is really very irresponsible.

She called back after we called her many times. Know what she said? She asked who we were, and whether we had called to ask for her confinement services. She thought we were new customers! I told her it's me who has engaged her for June. I really don't know what her motives were..anyway, I reminded her about my EDD and that it could be anytime that week. She said ok ok. I wanted to ask her about what things I should prepare, e.g. ingredients for longan tea etc. But before I can do so, she has hurriedly put down the phone.

All the while from that call to the actual day of my delivery, we were very worried that she will turn out to be a no show. Imagine all the stress and uncertainty and frustration that I have to go through then.

I hope no more mothers have to go through this sort of experience. Her name is Lin Tai, mobile no. is 84349500.
OMG...luckily you went thru the confinement fine. How's your baby girl now? R u on maternity now or still working? I also paid deposit of $300 during 5-6 mths. Now u have to take good care of yourself and your girl...and eat plenty good food.

Last edited:

missyqiqi

Hi gals, I'm helping my friend to look for a confinement lady preferably in east area, but she got financial difficulties, I know what is the market rate, so please give suggestive recommendation. Because she can't afford to pay so high, its ok that the confinement lady just work part time, at night she can go home.

Because my friend's health is not so good and she got 2 kids so hopefully a confinement lady can help her during the 1st month to make sure she got enough rest to recover back. Her due date is some where in Dec 2011.

Please pm or reply to thread if you know any, thanks a lot! :D

Littlemomos

Hi,

Juz like to recommend my current CL, thanking her for being a real help to me. My gal has to do phototherapy at home and every 2 hrs need to be removed and rest for 15 mins then feed her with water so that she will not be dehydrated. This CL patiently did that while my gal was in the box. And she's also worried that my gal will get cooked so she's quite conscious of the time too. I did set alarm in the middle of the nite to check on my baby and also found her waking ahead of me. To cut the story short, this CL is clean, patient, automatic and teachable. A malaysian Cantonese. She's not only taking care of me and my 3rd baby but also cooks and washes for whole family and offer to bathe and feed my 2nd daughter who is 2+ yes old. I really can't pick on her. She prepares breakfast like mee sua, fried rice n etc, never bread or toast. Lunch and dinner are always above average and serves another herbal soup or tonic (double boiled) before I turn in. She will sweep and mop as and when she has time. So far, not too bad. She will also nap when necessary if not she will read papers while baby is sleeping. I think it's fair so long her task are done.

Her current available slot is oct for this year. So if anybody wants to interview or see her can contact me at 96842167.

October mom

Hi, I am a first time mom, and is looking for a day time CL. EDD is early October. Can someone recommend an experienced CL? You may PM me too. Thank you!

pipilili

Hi Mummies,

I am using Autum's CL, so far so good leh. Aunty Irene is with me for 3 weeks now and my weight has dropped from 62.8kg to 56kg. My original weight is 47kg so I am still working hard to lose my FATS. heehee.

Aunty Irene's food is simple and non oily type. (ie: kailan with ginger, steam fish, you tiao bak with black soya sauce, lightly fried salmon fish w black soy sauce, tonic soup (secret))

My maid actually arrived 2 weeks before I delivered. The day I checked out of the hospital and reached home, I was actually pretty edgy and screamed at my maid (as she put sterilise bottle + non sterilised bottles tog). Then started tearing and emotional and phoned Aunty Irene to come to my pl earlier. When I was crying on the phone w Aunty irene, she comforted me not to cry and asked me to be strong as I am already a mummy. Aunty Irene actually told me she managed to get a taxi in the morning and reached my pl the next morning at 11am. Aunty Irene has been training my maid for me to take care of my bb and my household chores.

Actually so far so good. Will keep you guys updated on my CL.

Thanks Autum! :001_302:

Littlemomos

Hi all,

Is izit normal to receive angpoa from CL? I juz celebrated my gal's full mth n she gave me one. Though not much, $30 but I still think it's a very nice gesture from her. Shes leavin this fri, was thinking of giving her 50, guess now I'll hv to give 80 to offset her 30. What's e mkt rate? I gave her 28 upon arrival.

Btw, She cooked a big pot of her signature fried rice which I wanted to share with my guests n they all loved it... She was happy too. We were thinking that it will be wasted since we had so much food already (buffet) but all cleared. Really a blessing for such CL this time. Cheers

jaybaobei

hi pipilili, i need a gd & highly recommended cl.

can i hv this cl contact? im due in dec 2011.
can pm me pls...

thanks.

Hi Mummies,

I am using Autum's CL, so far so good . Aunty Irene is with me for 3 weeks now and my weight has dropped from 62.8kg to 56kg. My original weight is 47kg so I am still working hard to lose my FATS. heehee.

Aunty Irene's food is simple and non oily type. (ie: kailan with ginger, steam fish, you tiao bak with black soya sauce, lightly fried salmon fish w black soy sauce, tonic soup (secret))

My maid actually arrived 2 weeks before I delivered. The day I checked out of the hospital and reached home, I was actually pretty edgy and screamed at my maid (as she put sterilise bottle + non sterilised bottles tog). Then started tearing and emotional and phoned Aunty Irene to come to my pl earlier. When I was crying on the phone w Aunty irene, she comforted me not to cry and asked me to be strong as I am already a mummy. Aunty Irene actually told me she managed to get a taxi in the morning and reached my pl the next morning at 11am. Aunty Irene has been training my maid for me to take care of my baby and my household chores.

Actually so far so good. Will keep you guys updated on my CL.

Thanks Autum! :001_302:

kittlyn

hi pipilili, i need a good & highly recommended cl.

can i have this cl contact? im due in dec 2011.
can pm me pls...

thanks.
Hi jaybaobei,

I'm also looking for a CL and my due date is early Jan 2012. In my research, I found couple of people being con by this CL by the name of "Aunty Irene". I'm not sure if pipilili's & autumn's CL (also by the name of Aunty Irene) is the same person but I would like to give you a precaution in case it turns out to be the same person. She is well known to take on multiple assignments in the same period, collect deposits and didn't show up or assign her friend to do the job or make up stories to ask for more money.

You may refer to this thread with her photo, name and passport number as a double verification in case you are going to engage this "Aunty Irene".

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5099671.html?1313747081

Last edited:

kittlyn

In case the link of "Aunty Irene" complain is not linked properly here, pls refer to Sg Motherhood discussion forum > Year 2011 Mums > Confinement lady NIGHTMARE.