Solid Food Feeding

Agnes Josephine

brown rice gd / better ah? I already bought friscreme liao leh~ Nestle ones i saw they put 6mths onwards leh so i didnt buy tt n aso bubble aso recommend friscreme. Ya my ds weight gain isnt gd last visit pd already ask us to take note liao only 25% increase when PD say should b at least 50% n he nowadays doesnt wan to drink his milk n will cry when we feed him milk n his feeding hrs can drag up to at least 5hrs
Loves, sometimes my ds also cab drag his feeding up to 6 hours (max)... But it doesn't mean that he's ready for solid...

LoVeS

What I did was to give him a tablespoon of the cereal, mixed with his milk... For 1st time, it's better to give once a day... Maybe after 1month or later, then slowly increased the the amount (maybe to 2 tablespoons)... You will know when you see his appetite getting bigger, then you increased the numbers of feed (better check again, cuz I might be wrong)...

But when 1st give cereal, better to give one cereal @ a time... Meaning if you 1st give white rice cereal, try to monitor for @ least one week to see any allergy... If that 1 week no allergy, then can try giving brown rice cereal & also monitor for 1 week... After he's cleared from that (no allergy), then think can slowly introduce other solid food ba...
i tot is 4 days?

LoVeS

then you try to start him maybe half a tablespoon la... then see how Cass react to the cereal lor...
ya maybe i try it tmr morning when he wake up bah~ :tlaugh: tablespoon is the bigger than teaspoon rite? LOL i worry i take wrong spoon n scoop

lisa_ng

i was thinking cereal is too filling that's y first feed & last feed i dare not give cereal. was wondering if i'm right?

CynCyn

Yup 2nd or 3rd feed is better . Cereal won't make baby full one . I did some trial and error . After cereal , DS sometimes 1 hr later will be hungry again and wants milk otherwise it's 2hrs later . From then on you'll see a pattern .

Agnes Josephine

Yup 2nd or 3rd feed is better . Cereal won't make baby full one . I did some trial and error . After cereal , DS sometimes 1 hr later will be hungry again and wants milk otherwise it's 2hrs later . From then on you'll see a pattern .

我举手赞成...:tlaugh::tlaugh: