Solid Food Feeding

LoVeS

How old did u allow ur little ones start having their solid foods? Mummies pls share :tlaugh:

stonston

start when your baby is ready (i posted how to check if they r ready at another thread)...

fm 6mths onwards, solids should start replacing meals...
if u intend to give earlier, it should be jus to let them try n taste new foods...

LoVeS

start when your baby is ready (i posted how to check if they r ready at another thread)...

fm 6mths onwards, solids should start replacing meals...
if u intend to give earlier, it should be jus to let them try n taste new foods...
Erm... i am not asking for my ds when to start solid BUT to see other mummies when they let their little ones start solid foods.:tlaugh:

stonston

Erm... i am not asking for my ds when to start solid BUT to see other mummies when they let their little ones start solid foods.:tlaugh:
when all e mummies see other kids starting early, they will be very tempted to start early...esp if they dunno tt must wait till they r ready.... :) so tot i post a reminder jus in case....

anyway, my boi started at 4mth 1wk :)

lisa_ng

nikki was all ready when she was 5mth old. tried giving her when she was 4mths old but she wasn't ready so we waited a little longer.

lisa_ng

she don't know how to swallow the cereal & she didn't really open her mouth readily when we placed the spoon at her mouth. on & off we tried every 2 or 3 days. but when she 5mth old. she open her mouth when we place the spoon near her lips & she was moving her mouth swallowing the food but huh few days after that she start to scream when we were a little slower when feeding her. :)

LoVeS

she don't know how to swallow the cereal & she didn't really open her mouth readily when we placed the spoon at her mouth. on & off we tried every 2 or 3 days. but when she 5mth old. she open her mouth when we place the spoon near her lips & she was moving her mouth swallowing the food but huh few days after that she start to scream when we were a little slower when feeding her. :)
U mean u feed her b4 PD gave green light?

lisa_ng

U mean u feed her b4 PD gave green light?
yes... a few small spoons to start off with. but the doctor told us can let her start with a few small spoons to try when we took her for her jabs. didn't go to pd coz her app only next month tot will be kind of late by then.

stonston

most PDs will tell u onli start after 6mths...cos tt is wot they have been taught many yrs ago....the latest research n recommendations is can start at 4mths IF baby is ready....

n PD dun wanna be responsible if anything goes wrong if they tell u can start giving b4 6mths....so they will tell u start at 6mths...

as long as bb is ready, no reason to delay...esp if bb's milk intake is decreasing....

LoVeS

most PDs will tell u onli start after 6mths...cos tt is wot they have been taught many yrs ago....the latest research n recommendations is can start at 4mths IF baby is ready....

n PD dun wanna be responsible if anything goes wrong if they tell u can start giving b4 6mths....so they will tell u start at 6mths...

as long as bb is ready, no reason to delay...esp if bb's milk intake is decreasing....
My ds already haf sum signs of rdy for solid food but still tinking should i wait for PD give me green light 1st or not coz nxt visit to PD is nxt mid mth which is still long way to go.

CynCyn

aso PD gave u green light or u tink ds is ready then gif?
My DS was ready hence I started him on cereal at 4 months .
But I didn't give him anything else except for cereal .
I did also mention that DS was already on cereal , PD says it's ok .

PD did tell me that for porridge etc. start after 6 months when babies have better digestive systems . I didn't wanna rush either so I heed PD'd advise .

CynCyn

My ds already haf sum signs of rdy for solid food but still tinking should i wait for PD give me green light 1st or not coz nxt visit to PD is nxt mid mth which is still long way to go.
PD give u greelight is only a reassurance to you . If you think that DS is ready . Give it a try on cereal first . There's the Heinz cereal from 4months onwards .

LoVeS

PD give u greelight is only a reassurance to you . If you think that DS is ready . Give it a try on cereal first . There's the Heinz cereal from 4months onwards .

i bought frisocream cereal for 4mths old eh cant rmb is it spell correctly BUT still not sure whether to gif him or not :embarrassed: