Solid Food Feeding

lisa_ng

i bought frisocream cereal for 4mths old eh cant rmb is it spell correctly BUT still not sure whether to gif him or not :embarrassed:
i heard of frisocreme kind of heaty & has sugar content. don't know if it's true. some mummies i know they actually mixed frisocreme with other brand cereal to neutralize the taste.
i gave nikki heinz first cereal mixed with fm as i was told not to give anything with sugar content before 8mos & i was concerned as some baby tends to reject milk or food which don't taste sweet after they got a taste of sweet stuff. i've got intention to give nikki frisocreme mixed with other brand of cereal when she's a little older still considing actually since nikki now only 6mos.

lisa_ng

19th on nxt mth wor by then ds is 5mth old liao.
oh ok lah. not too late by then also. baby need more than milk only after 6mos.
at first i also veri worried whether to feed or not. will nikki gets choke over cereal but after a few feeds now ok le. initial feed veri little only, see if she got the chewing effect & if she able to swallow.

LoVeS

i tot of feeding him solid coz he isnt taking milk very well recently n he isnt sick or anything. Sumore the last visit PD already mention his weight gain isnt gd n he is below avg weight for bb of his age so i am worry if he continue dun take milk well tats why i kinda consider to feed him solid or not but then worry he not suitable to take yet.

lisa_ng

i tot of feeding him solid coz he isnt taking milk very well recently n he isnt sick or anything. Sumore the last visit PD already mention his weight gain isnt gd n he is below avg weight for bb of his age so i am worry if he continue dun take milk well tats why i kinda consider to feed him solid or not but then worry he not suitable to take yet.
in fact mayb yes coz ur bb juz pass 4mos only. those guidelines are usually from western countries.
i let nikki first try solid when she was 4mos 2weeks but she was able to really swallow the cereal when 5mos then only by 5mos 2weeks she replace one cereal feed with one milk feed. initially she keep using her tougue to play with the cereal & not swallowing. :001_302:

LoVeS

in fact mayb yes coz ur bb juz pass 4mos only. those guidelines are usually from western countries.
i let nikki first try solid when she was 4mos 2weeks but she was able to really swallow the cereal when 5mos then only by 5mos 2weeks she replace one cereal feed with one milk feed. initially she keep using her tougue to play with the cereal & not swallowing. :001_302:
huh? wat thing maybe yes?!

stonston

friso is very sweet...taste it urself n u will find it too sweet...

if u got time, make ur own cereal...cook white rice into a thin porridge....then blend it...

or u can blend the dry rice grains into powder, then cook the flour with water.....

when first time give, make it v thin, almost like milk like tt...then slowly increase the thickness if ur bb is ok with it...

or u can get organic plain white rice ceral (realli got nothing extra added one) from sold storage...brand is bellamy....

after a while can progress to brown rice ceral (more nutritious)...my boi started with white rice cereal...then proceed to brown rice cereal...then purees :)

LoVeS

friso is very sweet...taste it urself n u will find it too sweet...

if u got time, make ur own cereal...cook white rice into a thin porridge....then blend it...

or u can blend the dry rice grains into powder, then cook the flour with water.....

when first time give, make it v thin, almost like milk like tt...then slowly increase the thickness if ur bb is ok with it...

or u can get organic plain white rice ceral (realli got nothing extra added one) from sold storage...brand is bellamy....

after a while can progress to brown rice ceral (more nutritious)...my boi started with white rice cereal...then proceed to brown rice cereal...then purees :)

i didnt knw it sweet coz i saw quite a few mummies recommend tis brand.

LoVeS

Btw normally when do u all gif ur little ones solid foods during the 1st time? Morning? Afternoon? nite?

stonston

Btw normally when do u all gif ur little ones solid foods during the 1st time? Morning? Afternoon? nite?
i give at a timing he is not cranky....depends on ur bb's timing also...
i started with afternoons, when he wake up fm his nap n more alert...

LoVeS

haizzzz i still cant decide manz...1 hand worry if i start solid another hand hope he take solid coz he havent been taking much milk nowadays. Really duno wat to do sia~

stonston

loves, u can try give him....if he dun eat, means he not ready....they will be ready n it is obvious they r ready when u feed them....

if u starting on normal rice cereal should be fine...jus make sure e texture is thin n smooth :)

Agnes Josephine

Loves, You can try getting Organic brown rice cereal from Healthy Times (found in NTUC)... That one have to add milk to it... that's what I'm giving my ds... I also giving Nestle white rice cereal... If you want more convenient one, can give him Nestle white rice or brown rice cereal with milk added... that one you just have to add hot water to it can liao, no need to add milk...

I only gave ds when he turned 6 month even though he's ready when he's 4 months... cuz by 6 months, his digestive system will be matured... But no harm for you to try giving him now... I gave him once a day to start off with, & I didn't fixed a time to give cereal... But I will give 1 hour before his next feed... But I heard it's better to give either in the morning (after the 1st morning feed) or early afternoon...

reason why some mummies started their little ones with solid food @ 4 months is either, 1) baby's weight gain not increasing, 2) baby not drinking milk (milk intake lesser & lesser)... As most mummies said, there's no hard rules to follow in giving solids... It's up to individual preferences... JMHO....

Last edited:

LoVeS

loves, u can try give him....if he dun eat, means he not ready....they will be ready n it is obvious they r ready when u feed them....

if u starting on normal rice cereal should be fine...jus make sure e texture is thin n smooth :)
u mean if he willing to eat it means he is ready to take solid? How many meals per day for 1st time n how much amount to gif? When to increase the meals?

LoVeS

Loves, You can try getting Organic brown rice cereal from Healthy Times (found in NTUC)... That one have to add milk to it... that's what I'm giving my ds... I also giving Nestle white rice cereal... If you want more convenient one, can give him Nestle white rice or brown rice cereal with milk added... that one you just have to add hot water to it can liao, no need to add milk...

I only gave ds when he turned 6 month even though he's ready when he's 4 months... cuz by 6 months, his digestive system will be matured... But no harm for you to try giving him now...

reason why some mummies started their little ones with solid food @ 4 months is either, 1) baby's weight gain not increasing, 2) baby not drinking milk (milk intake lesser & lesser)... As most mummies said, there's no hard rules to follow in giving solids... It's up to individual preferences... JMHO....
brown rice gd / better ah? I already bought friscreme liao leh~ Nestle ones i saw they put 6mths onwards leh so i didnt buy tt n aso bubble aso recommend friscreme. Ya my ds weight gain isnt gd last visit pd already ask us to take note liao only 25% increase when PD say should b at least 50% n he nowadays doesnt wan to drink his milk n will cry when we feed him milk n his feeding hrs can drag up to at least 5hrs

Agnes Josephine

u mean if he willing to eat it means he is ready to take solid? How many meals per day for 1st time n how much amount to gif? When to increase the meals?

What I did was to give him a tablespoon of the cereal, mixed with his milk... For 1st time, it's better to give once a day... Maybe after 1month or later, then slowly increased the the amount (maybe to 2 tablespoons)... You will know when you see his appetite getting bigger, then you increased the numbers of feed (better check again, cuz I might be wrong)...

But when 1st give cereal, better to give one cereal @ a time... Meaning if you 1st give white rice cereal, try to monitor for @ least one week to see any allergy... If that 1 week no allergy, then can try giving brown rice cereal & also monitor for 1 week... After he's cleared from that (no allergy), then think can slowly introduce other solid food ba...

Agnes Josephine

brown rice gd / better ah? I already bought friscreme liao leh~ Nestle ones i saw they put 6mths onwards leh so i didnt buy tt n aso bubble aso recommend friscreme. Ya my ds weight gain isnt gd last visit pd already ask us to take note liao only 25% increase when PD say should b at least 50% n he nowadays doesnt wan to drink his milk n will cry when we feed him milk n his feeding hrs can drag up to at least 5hrs

I think so ba... Cuz brown rice is unpolished rice...