Solid Food Feeding

jedamum

i've introduced porriage to my ds when he's 6.5mths. Now he's coming to 8mths but still only eat 1-2tablespoon only. V hard to feed him n i alway take up to 1hr to feed just 1-2tablespoon. I've to top up with milk coz he'll still be hungry by then. Cereal he only take 30ml with 1.5tablespoon of cereal. Is he still not really for solid?
hm...maybe the cereal not to his tastebud's liking?
for my ds2, he is on heinz cereal and can finish it in 10 min. i tried to give him nestle cereal before and he took almost half hour and can't finish them. the texture and taste is slightly different ba..and that baby have very sensitive tastebuds.

maine78

I feed him milk 170ml then abt 30mins later then i feed him his 100ml water add wif 3 tsp of cereal is 1 serving SUMORE the cereal not VERY watery lor n he can finish the whole serving n seem wan more. Very piggy lor :tlaugh::tlaugh: Sumore he start to cry when he drink milk, like as if he doesnt like it but when feed him cereal he wont behave tt way by crying.:tlaugh:
so envy tat yr ds can eat so much, will be easier for you to feed him, unlike my case. Means yr ds is really for solid le. But u hv to observe him if he's full in case of overfeeding.

maine78

hm...maybe the cereal not to his tastebud's liking?
for my ds2, he is on heinz cereal and can finish it in 10 min. i tried to give him nestle cereal before and he took almost half hour and can't finish them. the texture and taste is slightly different ba..and that baby have very sensitive tastebuds.
jedamum, i've got 4 different flavour of cereals (all nestle) which i'll change a new flavour every 3-4days. But my ds still dun eat alot. Even porriage also same case. He'll eat 1-2tsp then dun wan to eat liao. So i dunno if he's still not really for solid or just a fussy eater.

LoVeS

so envy tat yr ds can eat so much, will be easier for you to feed him, unlike my case. Means yr ds is really for solid le. But u hv to observe him if he's full in case of overfeeding.
he nv throw up leh so should b ok. If he doesnt wan normally he wont even open his mouth even for bottle feed. He not always like tt one wor. The nxt day he eat so much he didnt even wan to eat much of the cereal, it machiam if he got mood he eat alot n if he doesnt haf the mood he wont wan to eat much on cereal or his milk.

maine78

he nv throw up leh so should b ok. If he doesnt wan normally he wont even open his mouth even for bottle feed. He not always like tt one wor. The nxt day he eat so much he didnt even wan to eat much of the cereal, it machiam if he got mood he eat alot n if he doesnt haf the mood he wont wan to eat much on cereal or his milk.
oic, tat's gd means he noe to stop when he's full. :tlaugh: