Solid Food Feeding

LoVeS

Juz now tried giving ds cereal liao, at times he swallow at times he split it out n keep crying like as if dun like it coz when i nv feed him, he juz sit there quietly nv cry but when i feed he start crying n screaming.

CynCyn

Juz now tried giving ds cereal liao, at times he swallow at times he split it out n keep crying like as if dun like it coz when i nv feed him, he juz sit there quietly nv cry but when i feed he start crying n screaming.
He hasn't get use to it yet .

Agnes Josephine

cuz it's the 1st time he tasted the cereal... Anyway, don't expect him to finish it when you 1st introduce to him... Merely let him have a taste of the cereal & try feeding him tomorrow & see any difference...

stonston

for 1st time, jus give abit...1-2 tsp will do....once a day...

manufacturers r also smart, they dun tell u it is sugar by putting 'sugar' on the ingredients.....saccharides, glucose, maltose, fructose, sucrose, etc are all alternative names to sugar....

brown rice is more nutritious becos for white rice, they remove the germ, which is the part of the rice with the vitamins...sometimes like the yolk of the rice grain....for brown rice the germ is intact so it has all the fat soluble vitamins :) tt's y pple always recd to store brown rice in fridge cos higher fat content fm germ means they spoil faster...

LoVeS

for 1st time, jus give abit...1-2 tsp will do....once a day...

manufacturers r also smart, they dun tell u it is sugar by putting 'sugar' on the ingredients.....saccharides, glucose, maltose, fructose, sucrose, etc are all alternative names to sugar....

brown rice is more nutritious becos for white rice, they remove the germ, which is the part of the rice with the vitamins...sometimes like the yolk of the rice grain....for brown rice the germ is intact so it has all the fat soluble vitamins :) tt's y pple always recd to store brown rice in fridge cos higher fat content fm germ means they spoil faster...
1-2tsp to mix the cereal OR u mean feed 1-2 spoon to ds? Paiseh abit blur~

stonston

loves, start with 1-2 tsp of food...means after mix liao...
cos most of e time, they will play with e food n spit out or play ard rather than eat....cos something new ma...n they r exploring n curious...
after a while can slowly increase e amount as long as u see ur bb is ready lor...
if ur bb wah....first time slurp everything up, then u can try give abit more e next day :)

but b4 6mths, dun give too much cereal....milk intake must still remain e same as per e following calculation:
whole day's milk intake in 24 hrs (in ml) = [150 x weight in kg]

LoVeS

any of ur little ones will purposely use her/his tongue to push the cereal out?
My ds is willing to open mouth whenever i feed him but i will see him playing wif the cereal either push it out wif tongue or blow bubble like as if same as saliva *headache* 2nd day he was willing to swallow n eat it but not 3rd or 4th day leh~

lisa_ng

any of ur little ones will purposely use her/his tongue to push the cereal out?
My ds is willing to open mouth whenever i feed him but i will see him playing wif the cereal either push it out wif tongue or blow bubble like as if same as saliva *headache* 2nd day he was willing to swallow n eat it but not 3rd or 4th day leh~
same like my nikki initially. she use her tougue to play with the cereal then dun noe how to swallow in so came out of her mouth. the moment we put the spoon to her mouth she will lift her tougue so har we never able to put cereal on her tougue usually under. after one over week to two then she can eat well. :)

LoVeS

same like my nikki initially. she use her tougue to play with the cereal then dun noe how to swallow in so came out of her mouth. the moment we put the spoon to her mouth she will lift her tougue so har we never able to put cereal on her tougue usually under. after one over week to two then she can eat well. :)
mine he is willing to eat n swallow but he keep playing wif the cereal. the cereal is on his tongue but he spit it out~ I dun tink it bcoz he duno how to swallow coz if he duno how then 2nd day he wont finish 1 whole serving of cereal liao.

stonston

ur bb could be curious n playing with e new food or rejecting e new food...but as long as bb nvr cry or make huge fuss, can continue trying to give :)it is like we eat something new, we also use our tongue to push it ard to feel the texture n taste...so bbs also do tt...but their mouth so small, so e onli way is push out of e mouth...heheheh...

LoVeS

ur bb could be curious n playing with e new food or rejecting e new food...but as long as bb nvr cry or make huge fuss, can continue trying to give :)it is like we eat something new, we also use our tongue to push it ard to feel the texture n taste...so bbs also do tt...but their mouth so small, so e onli way is push out of e mouth...heheheh...
but he didnt eat at all i mean he doesnt wan to swallow juz keep pushing the cereal out....so waste food. I wonder if few days later i try to gif again will he still gif me the same reaction or not :err:

stonston

but he didnt eat at all i mean he doesnt wan to swallow juz keep pushing the cereal out....so waste food. I wonder if few days later i try to gif again will he still gif me the same reaction or not :err:
means he might not be ready....or it is new to him, so he dunno is food n can swallow :) my boi was like tt...after a few days then he noe how to swallow e food properly...u can try again a few days later :)

LoVeS

means he might not be ready....or it is new to him, so he dunno is food n can swallow :) my boi was like tt...after a few days then he noe how to swallow e food properly...u can try again a few days later :)
ya i aso tot so~ He keep spit out until his hanky all dirty~ Today didnt feed him cereal liao...i wait nxt week then feed again.

maine78

i've introduced porriage to my ds when he's 6.5mths. Now he's coming to 8mths but still only eat 1-2tablespoon only. V hard to feed him n i alway take up to 1hr to feed just 1-2tablespoon. I've to top up with milk coz he'll still be hungry by then. Cereal he only take 30ml with 1.5tablespoon of cereal. Is he still not really for solid?

LoVeS

i've introduced porriage to my ds when he's 6.5mths. Now he's coming to 8mths but still only eat 1-2tablespoon only. V hard to feed him n i alway take up to 1hr to feed just 1-2tablespoon. I've to top up with milk coz he'll still be hungry by then. Cereal he only take 30ml with 1.5tablespoon of cereal. Is he still not really for solid?
for frisocrem is 3 tsp to mix wif 100ml of water dun need milk as they contain milk already N ds can finish ALL of them n even wan more lor~ I am still considering if i should increase his cereal or not N b4 taking cereal he took 170ml of milk. :tlaugh:

maine78

for frisocrem is 3 tsp to mix wif 100ml of water dun need milk as they contain milk already N ds can finish ALL of them n even wan more lor~ I am still considering if i should increase his cereal or not N b4 taking cereal he took 170ml of milk. :tlaugh:
loves, cass is eating alot leh. 100ml of cereal + 170ml milk n he still wan more?

LoVeS

loves, cass is eating alot leh. 100ml of cereal + 170ml milk n he still wan more?
I feed him milk 170ml then abt 30mins later then i feed him his 100ml water add wif 3 tsp of cereal is 1 serving SUMORE the cereal not VERY watery lor n he can finish the whole serving n seem wan more. Very piggy lor :tlaugh::tlaugh: Sumore he start to cry when he drink milk, like as if he doesnt like it but when feed him cereal he wont behave tt way by crying.:tlaugh: