To answer all the PMs (about STON..supplements, boosting my boy's immune system, etc)

banner82

Re: To answer all the PMs (about STON..supplements, boosting my boy's immune system,

hi, stonston any recommendations for multivit from iherb. thanks for the link to this webby, really cheap

banner82

Re: To answer all the PMs (about STON..supplements, boosting my boy's immune system,

thanks. for fish oil, i'm currently taking DHAxtra softgel 30 caps at 60/box from gynae office. it's bleeding my pockets.

Last edited:

lyn85

Hi StonSton,

Symbiotics Colostrum plus powder, what is the dosage i should give my girl 20 months old (12+kg)?

stonston

Hi StonSton,

Symbiotics Colostrum plus powder, what is the dosage i should give my girl 20 months old (12+kg)?
Around 1/2 - 1tsp a day will do :)

stonston

ok. if my girl fall sick do i need to increase the dosage or remain the same?
Usually if fall sick or going to fall sick (slight runny nose), I will increase to twice a day, same amt each time. Usually once in the morning and once at night :)

lyn85

Usually if fall sick or going to fall sick (slight runny nose), I will increase to twice a day, same amt each time. Usually once in the morning and once at night :)
ok, thanks. :)

Last edited:

happydam

Hi ston,
Came across this thread and u seem to be an expert! I recently also ordered from iherb and wonder if u can advise the dosage I shd give my 2.5 year old girl (14kg) for the following:
1. childlife colostrum with probiotics
2. nordic fish oil

Also, can u recommend any multivit, vit C etc for non-preg ladies from iherb? Thanks!

stonston

Hi ston,
Came across this thread and u seem to be an expert! I recently also ordered from iherb and wonder if u can advise the dosage I shd give my 2.5 year old girl (14kg) for the following:
1. childlife colostrum with probiotics
2. nordic fish oil

Also, can u recommend any multivit, vit C etc for non-preg ladies from iherb? Thanks!
For 2.5yo, Childlife Colostrum 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp per day is enough. Fish oil around 3ml is enough.

May I know the purpose of the multi-vit & vit c? Most multi vits already contain vit c, so it may not be necessary to take both together. :)

happydam

For 2.5yo, Childlife Colostrum 1/4 tsp - 1/2 tsp per day is enough. Fish oil around 3ml is enough.

May I know the purpose of the multi-vit & vit c? Most multi vits already contain vit c, so it may not be necessary to take both together. :)
Ok, thanks for your reply!

As for the multivit, tts just for general wellbeing, no specific purpose. Most multivits I hv tried are heaty, I will get breakout or sore throat, so I have not been taking any.

stonston

Usually you will get heaty if the multivit has too much iron.
Garden of Life, Living Multi Optimal Women's Formula, 180 Caplets - iHerb.com
this is not bad. Has natural fruits & vege extracts which help to reduce the heatiness also.
Cos most multivit products are just loaded with chemicals, not from natural source :D

Another option is fruit juice powders. They hv all the nutrients like multivits but are made from dried fruits/vege.
Vibrant Health, Green Vibrance Junior + D3, Green Apple, 11.87 oz (336.5 g) - iHerb.com

happydam

Thanks for your recommendation :)
The Garden of Life one sounds really good, but read one of the reviews that it contains tea extract and therefore not suitable for people sensitive to caffeine :(
Do you take this yourself?

raeka

Currently my son is 2.5 yr old and what type of vitamin products and I intro to him?
He study in he pre nursey now and his classmate also have flu or cough and their grandma still bringing them there .. I like to boost him immune system up and prevent hose flu or cough.

lyn85

hi ston,
just wonder if u can advise the dosage i should give to my girl 22 month old?

childlife, echinacea, orange flavor, 1fl oz (29.6ml)
childlife, colostrum w probiotics