We are TTC-ing!

mintminer

My scan results today was not good, the follicles not growing fast as planned, took a blood test to check what happened n need to come back after 3pm to buy medications. Need to increases dosage already for Gonal F.

Minty2

I'm new

Hello! I'm a new member. I just got married last August and we've been been TTC since then.

Me: 32
Him: 29

I've been using the ovulation chart that comes with my period tracker app but I think it's not accurate, so I've started using the ovulation test kit last week. From the looks of it, my ovulation my be later in my cycle than I thought.

Dragontail

mintminer (can't call you minty now since we have a new member. ha!). I think it's quite normal for IVF to adjust dosage for the gonal F. Jiayou.

Welcome, minty. Which day of your cycle are you on now? Normally how many days is your cycle?

yukki

Welcome minty2! ^^

Oh gals..just an update...i hv passed all tests but hubby SA test not v ideal...thus doc hv suggested for me to start iui nxt cycle...when my menses start... :) a new milestone for us...

Dragontail

Re: I'm new

yukki, that's a good move! Never try never know. But then dont read too much into SA. Many of my friends' hubbies also have bad results but all preggie naturally. Shooting in a cup is under immense pressure (I think. lol)... pressure can't produce good soldiers what.

Meantime let him take some multivits. And yourself too. IUI will pick the good soldiers so good luck.

yukki

Dragontail..yeap doc did prescribed lots of vits for him...it's scary! Lol...now just relax since me also cannot do much... ;p

Kekeke yeah doc say thru sperm washing can select those gd army...lol...

soursop2014

Supposed to start last cycle but thought I can be as lucky as my friend
One hit wonder with the new tcm so didn't take clomid for current cycle.

Af due on Thursday (3april). So once af is here, I'll start clomid

soursop2014

Oh ya yukki, I remember my gynae at kk mentioned iui for the lady need to self inject too
Think it's to ensure ovulation

Is it the Same for u and all other iui cases?
Or mine is different because I don't ovulate every month

Dragontail

I didn't know iui needs to self jab. What's the medicine called for iui to help ovulate? From what I know, a hcg shot is needed at final moment when the follicles have matured and it will ensure the egg pops. But this has to be administered by the clinic and not self inject. So I'm curious.

yukki

Dragontail..i'm shocked too...doc say for first 10days i need to inject.. to make the eggs better...inject at ard e belly button area... i forgot wad it's called...maybe by e time when my menses come i let u all knw...dunno issit becoz of my own body constitution or wad...when menses come she need me to eat med and take injection for abt 10 days... ;S

yukki

I also asked e doc..huh i need to go back clinic everyday for the jab...she say i can self inject at hm...one injection per day...i was like shocked... coz my pain threshold is super low de...

Dragontail

Oh ok I remember now (Hee aging memory cells)...yes need self jabs. It's the same as ivf called gonal f. But the dosage is very little compared to ivf. Because all you need is one matured egg. While ivf needs plenty of matured eggs.

I self injected too last year. But I didn't do iui (inject sperm). We just did bd as usual.

yukki

Ah i see i see..kk i shall relax for now...dun gg tink abt anyting now...kekeke...till the next cycle then will be the start of my lovely nightmare...self inject...lol...

Hahahaha...dragontail how abt ur ivf? Are u cfm starting it?

mintminer

Yes, I need really need to relax. I jus could not do my Gonal F self jab jus now. Tried 3 times before it finally went in. Stress level too high. With the increase in dosage, hopefully it will grow to the size required by Thursday scan.