We are TTC-ing!

thanks very much for the info. really appreciate it.

@faithmummy
any walnuts will do?
or like persian walnuts / american walnuts?
quincy

you can go to Fu hua chinese medical hall or ZTP chinese medical hall
ask them for Raw walnuts

the one i bought from Fu hua for myself and my hubby is $6.75 (250g)
can eat about a week like that or slightly less than a week.

quincy1986

@faithmummy
many thanks!

@littlej
i just saw one of the products used in tentex is almond.
i just replaced my hubby's almond with 1 big bag of pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
alamak. i shouldnt anyhow change my nuts.
now what should i do with the big bag T.T

littlej

Morning! Visit to gynae was ok. Just continue taking the meds. He prescribed Florxine for me previously (if anyone is keen to know) and ya he said can continue with pre natal gnc.

@quincy - never mind cny coming. U can give the sunflower and pumpkin seeds to your parents or serve your house visitors!

I still have a big bagful of walnuts - remember I bought 600g... Still eating as tidbit now but it doesn't seem to finish!

littlej

I don't know if tentex works la. But erm gynae prescribed so I thought let u ladies know.

Hahaha but getting dear to take is a mammoth task.

Btw I didn't tell him that it is an "enhancer". The gynae positioned it as "vitamins". I kpo and google the name and that is how I found out but hahaha to protect the man's ego I reckon it is better to continue to let him think it is "vitamins". Already so difficult to get him to take "vitamins" - think it will be even worse if he knows the truth!

Dragontail

My hubby does not touch almost all kinds of nuts. Forget about raw unsalted nuts. He cringes at the sight of it. He does take quite a bit of vits. Not sure what kind as my mil prepares for him every morn.

The only health issue he has now is cholesterol level . Doc says it is "dangerously high". Goodness he is only 31. His diet gotta be chaned for sure. Is cholesterol genetic I wonder? His dad has high cholesterol. My hubby is not heavy or anything.

littlej

Hahaha my dear only takes unhealthy "no use for fertilty" nuts like sweet peanuts, cashew nuts, peanuts and pistachios.

Oh does ur hubs exercise dragontail?

TVH

littlej:752489 said:
I don't know if tentex works la. But erm gynae prescribed so I thought let u ladies know.

Hahaha but getting dear to take is a mammoth task.

Btw I didn't tell him that it is an "enhancer". The gynae positioned it as "vitamins". I kpo and google the name and that is how I found out but hahaha to protect the man's ego I reckon it is better to continue to let him think it is "vitamins". Already so difficult to get him to take "vitamins" - think it will be even worse if he knows the truth!
Hahaha this is quite funny. It is like trying to bluff kids into eating their food...hehe

littlehamster

My hubby loves peanuts. But I heard not v good. So far I bought cashew macadamia walnuts, the feedback is That he said walnuts taste awful lol.

quincy1986

@Dragontail
my hubby also cholesterol high. i bought Pu Erh tea for him and make him drink everyday in office. then at home i also have 1 tin of Pu Erh which i make for him during weekends.

Shez

Just saw my TCM this afternoon. She said my digestive system not good, pulse weak and menses cycle not conducive for conceiving.

On ave, I have AF for only 4 days. First day heavy, second day moderate and third day light. By day 4, I'm just spotting and on panty liners.

Advise given was the opp of what everyone's doing. I'm diagnosed to be too heaty, so barley water every day for me, no fried/spicy food and to sleep early.

Also told to start charting bbt and checking with a gynae to do basic checks to make sure the 'basic structure is basically sound with no problems'. Honestly, I've never seen a gynae in my life, so am at a loss. Anyone with a good gynae to recommend? I stay in the east.

Thanks everyone!

littlej

Hi shez. you can drink barley, chrysanthemum, green tea (green tea latte from Starbucks yums yums)... I am envious :)

I would reckon best to get your body checked whilst ttc-ing. Actually I have regular yearly checkups since I found out I had polyps and had them removed 5 years ago. So prior to ttc and during ttc I had my body checked. I mean I just wanted to make sure my body is all clear to prevent any potential complications. And it was a good thing for me because in my oct check, gynae helped me remove another polyp which was "obstructing" the spermy.

Anyway - because I started seeing a gynae since 5 years ago - I am a private patient. as I am pretty comfortable with my original gynae and this other second opinion gynae I saw last month and recently - hence don't think I will change (doctors are very impt to me!) and will continue as a private patient (bo Bian this means I cannot quit my job:p)

I can pm you my gynae if you are keen.

Adrenalin

Having a day full of sighs. traditional chinese medicine today said.. My luteal is short. So hard to have baby & easy to miscarriage. Then he said some people take 1 month, others take 6 months to a year to be successful, by taking herbs. No guarantee when I will be able to do so.. Cause everybody is different and infertility can be a result of many things. He thinks I can try traditional chinese medicine for another 2-3 months or can also go for my first Ivf cycle as scheduled. He thinks both have chance. :X I am thinking.. Not easy to have baby means hard to implant and hard to carry to term is it? So does that mean even if I do Ivf baby will drop out? super confused and so stressed as dont know if that means I shld postpone ivf or not? I just hope this last natural cycle something good happens.
Side note, western dr and Chinese dr now agree that I have higher chances of miscarriage. and traditional chinese medicine never restrict my diet or anything still. All zero still...

Only happy note.. My silvery willow plants are sprouting green leaves. only thing that soothes me today.

Last edited:

quincy1986

@faithmummy
thanks!!

@shez
actually my af also almost same pattern as yours. why your tcm dr says so? is it more like irregular menses?

@adrenalin
hey no worries. i've been BD for 2 years @.@

Last edited:

Adrenalin

@faithmummy
thanks!!

@shez
actually my af also almost same pattern as yours. why your traditional chinese medicine dr says so? is it more like irregular menses?

@adrenalin
hey no worries. i've been BD for 2 years @.@
@shez & quincy1986,
How come it is called irregular? My AF is quite short too, usually 2-3 days, usually is spot, then light and then heavy and spot spot spot... Chinese dr never said irregular or heaty or not heaty. But dunno what he give in my medicine.. My AF getting more..,

@quincy, good luck with BD. :D

littlej

@Adrenalin - Don't be upset! Cheer up cheer up! There's always a silver lining and we're all here in the same boat!

The upside is, your TCM didn't say "eh both of you confirm no chance. forget about tiaoing... gone case".. He said both of you have chance and all he asked for was your patience :)

Well - I personally think that's the beauty of TCM - It helps to 'tiao' the body so that the body is prepared to receive the spermy and subsequently prepared to carry the baby to full term. I used to think TCM is a miraculous solution but by and by I realized nah - There's no one shot kill all medicine - These things take time. And again - like what I mentioned to Shez, you would want your body to be better prepared.

Did your TCM give you any med to take? If yes, then just take that.

I think, don't be disheartened. Pray (if you believe), and at the end of the day, what's meant to be yours is meant to be yours. Docs always say this and that but my mother always tells me - The woman's body was made to have kids - that's it - as simple as that. Sure, medical advances have made it easier to 'predict' this and that - but at the end of the day - medical science is not 100% chop stamp guaranteed and it has yet to solve every single problem has it? The body is still way more advanced than any medical science.

I mean - that's what my mum told me lah. Sure, I trust docs but at the same time, I believe the spirit is also stronger than science :) And y'know, sometimes, I like to think that, it's just fate or whatever the big guy (whether it's Buddha or God or whoever you believe) wants to bestow on you too...

Oh and with regards to whether you should go for IVF now, it's really your call. I think perhaps you could write down a list of pros & cons and have a good objective perspective. I do that cuz I think writing helps to make me see the situation more clearly.

Hmm my 2ww is over today.. Another month of aunt Rosie. Don't know whether to be sad or happy since outcome is known. Tell myself to be positive.. New cycle means new hope.

Adrenalin can understand your dilemma.. IVF is after all human intervention in conception. Hence the rate of successful deliveries for IVFs is unfortunately not very high.. But I believe TCM and acupuncture during IVF cycle will help prepare the womb and embryo. I remembered a quote from a fertility doctor saying couples should exhaust all methods before embarking on IVF so expectations will not be unrealistic. Myself have just made appointment for IVF consultation after CNY but I'm actually thinking of consulting another well known TCM doc to try my luck. Don't give up trying yea..

quincy1986

@superwoman
i think good news is our AF is still regular right?

@adrenaline
AF come more than your 2-3 days is good. means can clear/clean the womb for the next ovulation :)