We are TTC-ing!

tricky

thanks for the observation Dragontail

alamak, and to think I almost wanted to check unity before going to watsons

poohy

I bought mine! Haha from Watson's...old version though.
My AF still missing in action....should I start taking tmr? Or wait? My boops seems more sore today....

Miko52

Hello all, it's been great reading all the encouragement posts here for those who are ttc-ing :) It indeed makes the ttc-ing process more bearable. I myself has been trying to conceive for a yr and hv gone to visit Dr Su too. But dunno why still no news of getting preggy. I have started taking the blackmores Conceive well for abt 3 wks too. Now waiting for the aunty ang faster go home so that i can start trying again :)

Dragontail

Oops sorry miko you did mention in your first post. You have been seeing tcm for a year as well?

Littlehamster, yeah I was thinking to stock up or not. In fact many items on 20% sale at unity. Was there just now.

littlehamster

BTW, just now I go see sinseh rub my ankle (accidentally sprain ) we talked abt ttc, he recommend go this free clinic Old Tong Chai Medical Institute for tcm. Anyone heard abt it?

Dragontail

Yes heard of it. It's super famous. My boss conceived from there after ttc for a year. Back then (her girl now is 8), you "sui yi" on the payment. Not sure about now.

The hit rate is high; have heard many success stories. You have to be prepaid to wait very long. Crowded.

poohy

That thong chai quite popular. But if u check website....got instructions on where to go and when. Then if I remember correctly they also want u bring along blood tests report etc.

That mark Huang went there also right?

Miko52

Dragontail - only see dr su once cos she said both hubby and I hv no problem. Just too tired. Thats why didnt went back to see her again.

poohy

) Treatment Cases

(i) Pre-requisite for treatment
(a) Female patients must be below the age of 40, living with her husband and have a normal sex life. Primary infertility patients should have stopped using contracceptives for two years while secondary patients who have previously experienced childbirth, should also have stopped using contraceptives for two years already.

(b) For the female patients, they are required to bring the following test reports:
(1) Uterectography report
(2) Peritoneoscopy report

Reports on tests taken after every:
Uteroscopy report
Endocrine test report etc

For male patients, they must bring their Seminal Analysis reports.

(ii) Treatment:
(a) Herbal treatment based on an overall analysis of the illness and the patient's condition in conjunction with modern medical diagnosis.

(b) Peridocial consultation based on the menstruation cycle. Two doses of herbal medicine will be prescribed during each consultation.

(c) If the male partner is found to be deficient in sperm, treatment by Chinese Traditional Medicine will be carried out simultaneously.

(iii) Yardstick for effectiveness:
The patient will receive treatment and be put under observation for 2 years. Treatment will be considered effective if she becomes pregnant during the two years while under treatment and ineffective when she remains barren after two years of treatment.

copied from thong chai website: Welcome to Thong Chai Medical Institution

Dragontail OT but I like your avatar :) can give me the image cos I saw a similar framed pic at Dr Su's office too..

Miko welcome .. You only seen Dr Su once? Actually need to give some time for Chinese med to take effect.. You might want to go TCM docs that are near your house so that you don't ve to travel too much.

Heard about the Tong Chai Med Institute but heard they only treat couples who have been tccing at least 2 years without success and must be medically certified to ve fertility issues. The waiting time is also really long ..

poohy

by way...i tested this morning, still bfn . So i guess i'm skipping 1mth of AF.....how to preg with cycle like this..haizzzz.

Miko- welcome! Dr su got give medicine for u and hubby? She initially also say we too tired. But after few months then realised i'd got bigger problems? hahahah. Dont give up...take more tonics.

Last edited:

quincy1986

i also give up seeing my sinseh because waiting list very long~
in singapore many popular things must wait :(
and then until now i still dislike acupuncture :(
my husband dont like me like that so we just take tonics at home.

Miko52

Ya me too just take tonics at home... Try to relax and dun feel so stressed up though its difficult.. Every mth keeping fingers crossed hoping to see the positive sign~~~

Dragontail

Miko, indeed seeing a tcm can be a chore. I go every week or once every 2 weeks. This weekend finally my hubby will go with me for the first time.

superwoman, yes I love that painting too. I especially am mesmerized by paintings of mother and child....This is by Gustav Klimt. Can goggle him and I'm sure you can find some high resolution ones of this piece. I paint for leisure too :)

I personally will not wait no matter how miraculous people say the doctor is (maybe he is not miraculous to me -_-); because I don’t like to wait! That’s why I chose my sinseh based on the plus points that she is quite near to where I live and I know the timing where I do not have to queue. Of course I know she is “good” to begin with because she has helped my friends to conceive. So all these make the visits much more breezier. Told my hubby next time if we have kid, I’m not a typical mother who will queue overnight for school enrolment (or does it still work like that now??). Haa! Just put him/her to an acceptable school is good enough for us.