We are TTC-ing!

happilymarried

Dragontail - yup.. that is her on m
Mag cover... In real life she looks very pretty, very motherly and very classy all the times.. she has the super confident look... My hubby saw that mag also.. n commented that make up really does wonders! Hehe...

Dragontail

In that mag, Dr Ann was sharing about the Harmony test :)

Had my 10000iu trigger shot. No need to bd tonight but tomorrow instead, and Saturday and Monday. Phew...at least bd on Friday is more relaxing than Thur. He checked my mucus and it's really scarce this round. To use preseed.

I finally understand why Dr has been asking me "you want to do iui?" few times this cycle. Just now he asked me again. My face doesnt show I feel like it. He asked me if I'm considering doing it this round, ie send the sperm in tomorrow. Wah I got no xing li zhun bei. I said no I dont want. He then said ok lets just do as planned this round. We will see how next cycle.

Dragontail

Quincy, I also wonder why must bd so many times after a smiley. I didnt really ask. But I think since I got the trigger shot, the egg will pop out 36hrs later. So I guess friday and saturday to bd makes sense. Moreover I told him we already bd on Tue then he said dont bd tonight is ok. I guess the monday bd is just to play safe? Ya, with that "protocol", yes perhaps you and hubby can do one more last shot tomorrow :)

Oh btw, my test line wasnt very dark. (Yesterday morning was super faint). Definitely lighter than yours. I got a feeling this morning wasnt exact peak for me yet.

Last edited:

happilymarried

Dragontail - pressed is good too! I guess your body is slowly reacting to the jabs.. so the hormones may adjust.. wah.. 3 bd dates!! I miss bd.. hehe.. do not go for iui if deep down you don't want to do it... Body n mind must be in sync..

Quincy - u can bd again tmr night too! :)

quincy1986

i wonder if i am trying hard enough.
sometimes we bd a lot and hubby says his "gun" feels burnt.
so i suggest to just leave it because i still want bd to be enjoyable.
i am too lenient am i ?

Dragontail

happilymarried, indeed, I cannot think how I would be comfortable with IUI (i know it's not exactly very invasive and I've heard success stories surely). But I just cannot accept at this point. Am I wrong to be thinking like that??? I feel lousy sometimes for not being able to accept it unlike some of you are totally fine with it. What's wrong with me?

Few days ago I was feeling down on this ttc right ... (Mew, you're not alone. Dont give up ok. Actually me and my hubby still enjoy the BD during ttc. It's just the emo rollercoaster on disappointment month after month). I told my man I'm not ready for IUI/IVF. It's just against my comfort zone, or perhaps principle. And it's gonna cost more and drain our bank account. I think my threshold at this point is just gonal f and HSG. Anything beyond, I need something BIG to impact and change my weirdie perception. I just said to him if this cycle is a bust, either I do HSG or we just go holidays after holidays just to make baby! Haa. He understands and doesnt want to me go through anything I'm not ready.

littlehamster

quincy1986:821548 said:
i wonder if i am trying hard enough.
sometimes we bd a lot and hubby says his "gun" feels burnt.
so i suggest to just leave it because i still want bd to be enjoyable.
i am too lenient am i ?
Oh I remember got once hubby also say his feel burn. I think we did like consecutive, or very frequently

Dragontail

quincy, you're doing it right. Baby making should be pleasurable. Should not be all by the book. I believe sometimes also that if it's meant to be yours, do one time also hit jackpot!

I have this acquaintance whom is embarking on IVF. The reason is because the couple dont enjoy sex. Hardly have sex. So they do IVF l.or.

happilymarried

Dragontail - I'm shocked.. to hear that a couple rather opt for ivf rather than bd... How can ivf be used like that? It's for couples with real health problems..

happilymarried

Quincy n littlehammie n mew - once upon a time.. hubby & I both felt burnt.. becuz we had to bd on top of our iui... Really tired n no mood.. & after ivf.. things in the bedroom just got so much worse.. this is from my personal experience... So now.. maybe u & hubby can perhaps take a month to go short hol? Nearby & no need to spend so much.. it does wonders for the mind body soul too! Go swim tog.. do massage tog.. n eat some local food... Just enjoy for those few days.. maybe spermie n eggie will be happier too?

littlej

Hello hello!!!

So many chats today!! I have been so busy too... Argh.

Linea niagra - ya I have that. Can't rem when it appeared. Late second trime? Anyway I figured all pregnant women have that so it doesn't impact me. My line is straight but it is a bit skewed below and above the belly button.

Dragontail - if you don't feel good doing iui. Don't. I didn't feel good doing it so maybe that explained why my iui failed. That said - it is actually not that "artificial". I mean it is washed sperms being put inside you. And process is kinda like bd in a way. It is unlike ivf where eggs are retrieved, placed outside, merged with sperm on a small plate then put back inside you. Hahaha I don't know if this is the right way to see it. But anyway - glad you had the chat with hubby and he is supportive of your thoughts!

Me was a kkh baby.

Ooo - doc tan looks classy indeed! Like she could be one of those tais tais in tatler =p what did she say about the harmony test?

Is Ying chuan the one who ties up with a gynae? If u see one u must see the other?

littlej

I rem my old man felt that he had a timetable when doc chew gave us dates to bd. and out of those 4 times - once was really wham bam done. That said, I am glad we found the passion back in second trime and early third trime... Right now - my old man refuses to bd with me citing he is afraid will cause premature labor. So we find other ways to keep the passion Alive.

But I must admit. I am not as flexible as before preggers so finding other ways to address the passion also need some adjustment. Honestly, I thank my lucky stars that I have always been fit before pregnancy.. And started on yoga, Pilates, swimming and walking from second trime onwards. Sure my stamina has decreased but At least I am not lying there like empress dowager waiting to be served hand and foot. =p

Sometimes I feel that it is also the woman giving pressure to the man whilst ttc. It's like pressure to oneself - this shot better create a baby and unconsciously this vibe gets transferred to the man. I myself was guilty of that until my man told me he sometimes feel so "mechanical". That's when I realized I have to put aside the "this shot better create a baby" thinking when we are in bed together. That thought can resurface after bd =p for me - it helped lah - to somewhat circumvent / psycho my thinking.