When do u send yr child to preschool?

Ting

actually i think most kids hv short attention span when they r still an infant.
pin also hv very short attention span when she was younger.
she wasnt interested in watching TV at all. she prefer gg shopping. :p

Oppsgal

actually i think most kids have short attention span when they r still an infant.
pin also have very short attention span when she was younger.
she wasnt interested in watching TV at all. she prefer gg shopping. :p
At least she is interested in shopping. My baby cried very loud in shopping mall when near sleeping time and because dont like to sleep in the stroller. Then we go shopping must hurry come back home. Very sian and stress. We have meals also must hurry hurry because my baby seems very impatient. If we push the stroller, must ensure the stroller move every once awhile, if not my baby will try to crawl out of the stroller even if the belt is buckled. Hardly sit still...

tika

At least she is interested in shopping. My baby cried very loud in shopping mall when near sleeping time and because dont like to sleep in the stroller. Then we go shopping must hurry come back home. Very sian and stress. We have meals also must hurry hurry because my baby seems very impatient. If we push the stroller, must ensure the stroller move every once awhile, if not my baby will try to crawl out of the stroller even if the belt is buckled. Hardly sit still...
Hmmm do correct me if im wrong....but i'm getting the impression that, when you decided to have a baby, you did not expect things to be like the way they are for you right now.

Ting

well, all these hv to be compromised.
cant help if your child is like tt.
either u train her to be more well behaved or u hv to go with the flow.
from the day u decided to hv a baby, u shld hv seen this coming right?
it all comes in a package.
if im not wrong, your child shld be 2 yo now right, now is the time to enforce discipline cos they can understand u well enough now.

apollo

well, all these have to be compromised.
cant help if your child is like that.
either you train her to be more well behaved or you have to go with the flow.
from the day you decided to have a baby, you shld have seen this coming right?
if im not wrong, your child shld be 2 yo now right, now is the time to enforce discipline cos they can understand you well enough now.
very true.. disciplinary starts from young. even my hubby, he is those v lenient type, who got almost no temper, 'scold' my boy when he is throwing tantrums.. and when he knows daddy is angry, he will stop n pout, look at me 'ask' for help.. haha.. but both my hubby n me promise that we CANNOT interfere if on is discipline the kids next time.. =)

Oppsgal

well, all these have to be compromised.
cant help if your child is like that.
either you train her to be more well behaved or you have to go with the flow.
from the day you decided to have a baby, you shld have seen this coming right?
if im not wrong, your child shld be 2 yo now right, now is the time to enforce discipline cos they can understand you well enough now.
Now only 1+, but already started to train. When baby throw tantrum, will beat the hand say NO. Sometimes baby will forget then start the tantrum all over again the next time. My baby will behave if we "stuff" baby's mouth with food, then will sit there nicely for few seconds until finish the food then start making noise again. :001_302: So when we go out we always bring lots of food to put in baby's mouth with while we have our meals. But still have to hurry hurry. Think is normal.

Oppsgal

Hmmm do correct me if im wrong....but i'm getting the impression that, when you decided to have a baby, you did not expect things to be like the way they are for you right now.
Of course as this is our first baby. :001_302: But I think should be normal, everything hurry hurry when baby is around.

Ting

baby only 1 yr old plus, dun expect too much lahs.
some ppl 20 yr plus also dun listen, how to expect 1 yr old baby to listen?
baby throwing tantrums is normal, pin is 3 yo still throw tantrums.
i believe u also still throw tantrums lorr.
i admit i still do.
stuff baby with food just to quiet down, i think, once in a while is ok, but if u do it all the time, not right liaos.
enforce discipline n not find the easiest way out.

Oppsgal

baby only 1 yr old plus, dont expect too much lahs.
some ppl 20 yr plus also dont listen, how to expect 1 yr old baby to listen?
baby throwing tantrums is normal, pin is 3 yo still throw tantrums.
i believe you also still throw tantrums lorr.
i admit i still do.
stuff baby with food just to quiet down, i think, once in a while is ok, but if you do it all the time, not right liaos.
enforce discipline n not find the easiest way out.
Think my baby's not listening to me. Scold also don't listen, beat hand also, and my baby think I am playing when I slap the hand. :err: Maybe still too young. We only give food to baby to quiet baby when outside. Dont want baby too noisy affect others eating meals outside.

Ting

hmm your child is still very young, only 1 yr plus, so be patient lorr, as they grow older, they will understand better.

apollo

Think my baby's not listening to me. Scold also dont't listen, beat hand also, and my baby think I am playing when I slap the hand. :err: Maybe still too young. We only give food to baby to quiet baby when outside. Dont want baby too noisy affect others eating meals outside.
when i angry with ds, at 1st he also tot i palying with him. but the more they tot we are playing with them, the more we shd stand firm. when he tot i'm playing with him, he will smile at me, den i will NOT gif in and smile bk.. now he know when i'm angry alrdy..

my hubby is v good tempererd guy. we always tot he will spoil ds. but when he is slightly firm abit, ds will scare of him.

diffe parents uses diffe method to discipline thier kids. not matter what mathod u use, rmb, use the most effective one which will not 'spoil' ur kid.

CanCanMum

Baber oso same, i angry he tot i playin wif him, i REALLY ANGRY he will use this kissing tactic "Mummy i wan to kiss u~~~"

Super bonao KiddoOOo

uncle nic powderfOOlll use his eyes to shut Baber up (ask my baObei and SSS darling and spiral crappy darling - they witnessed before)

apollo

Baber also same, i angry he thought i playin with him, i REALLY ANGRY he will use this kissing tactic "Mummy i want to kiss you~~~"

Super bonao KiddoOOo

uncle nic powderfOOlll use his eyes to shut Baber up (ask my baObei and SSS darling and spiral crappy darling - they witnessed before)
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ask uncle nic teach my hubby lehhh! den next time i dun nd to xinku shout n scream lik siaoo charr bo! LOL!

Mama Ilhan

hi mummies, when do you send yr child to preschool/playgroup/childcare? at what age?

i was planning to send my son to childcare after 18mths. i plan to enrol him fullday at nearby cc at my place but my husband is not so keen on fullday cc. Currently my son's daytime caregiver is my mother in law, nightime we bring him home. my husband prefers to let our son go 1hr playgroup near his mum's place. his mindset is go cc learn nothing, only play, might as well let him go playgroup like his 3yr old niece. his 3yr old niece is attending 1hr playgroup now.

i do not agree with him & we had arguements on this several times. he always likes to compare his niece & nephew :nah:

Hi pkshl,

Being a preschool educator, i have seen different children from different family background, there are pros and cons in placing your child in a childcare setting especially the younger ones say 18 mths . .

Personally for a start i feel that it would be good to place your child in for half-day basis (be prepared for separation anxiety and changes in behaviour patterns)and when you feel that he's ready, by all means you can let him enjoy the full day at the centre!

There a lot of benefits in putting a child in a childcare and its not all about playing - yes play is the main strategy in incorporating learning. That's why is called "learning through Play".

Benefits such as:
  • social interaction among peers
  • independency at an early age
  • cognitive-development and logical-mathematical concepts
  • self-help skills
  • language development
  • confidence building
But at the end of the day, you need to sit down and discuss with your hubby. Most important thing we want our child to be happy when he goes to school and ENJOYS going to school.

CocoaBear

hi mummies, when do you send yr child to preschool/playgroup/childcare? at what age?

i was planning to send my son to childcare after 18mths. i plan to enrol him fullday at nearby cc at my place but my husband is not so keen on fullday cc. Currently my son's daytime caregiver is my mother in law, nightime we bring him home. my husband prefers to let our son go 1hr playgroup near his mum's place. his mindset is go cc learn nothing, only play, might as well let him go playgroup like his 3yr old niece. his 3yr old niece is attending 1hr playgroup now.

i do not agree with him & we had arguements on this several times. he always likes to compare his niece & nephew :nah:

Hi pkshl,

Being a preschool educator, i have seen different children from different family background, there are pros and cons in placing your child in a childcare setting especially the younger ones say 18 mths . .

Personally for a start i feel that it would be good to place your child in for half-day basis (be prepared for separation anxiety and changes in behaviour patterns)and when you feel that he's ready, by all means you can let him enjoy the full day at the centre!

There a lot of benefits in putting a child in a childcare and its not all about playing - yes play is the main strategy in incorporating learning. That's why is called "learning through Play".

Benefits such as:
  • self-help skills
  • language development
  • confidence building
But at the end of the day, you need to sit down and discuss with your hubby. Most important thing we want our child to be happy when he goes to school and ENJOYS going to school.
Any idea can we place children in CC for like only 2 hours per week? What are the charges like and will they be given school uniform too?

i heard frm my godma dat 2yo send child to 2hrs playgroup can learn bad easily.is it true?as they stil small,easily imitate n interact by others.. i confused nw.. my gal is coming 16mths.. don knw want to send her learn or nt ler?? i hv a niece 3yo plus,study N1.aft back frm school,she wil imitate her teacher wick behaviour to the ppl around her,i mean hw her teacher scold to student.jiak lak is her maid.even she will beat her maid.sometimes she wil act herself as teacher.her parents n maid r her students.. but her parents still follow her.she will ask her parents n maid to do drawing,coloring.is it normal child 3yo to do dat?? i scared 1day my gal will follow my niece behaviour.coz everyday we wil meet at grandma's shop.. need urs advices.thanx...:Dancing_wub:

pkshl

Hi pkshl,

Benefits such as:
  • self-help skills
  • language development
  • confidence building
Thanks for yr advice. we ve decided to let our boy go for half day CC session & get my inlaws to pick him up after school. actually we are more worried abt the food CCC served. my aunty who worked at a certain CCC, advised me not to let my boy eat there cos the food they give to kids are not good. but, that is my aunty's point of view, end decision still lies with us :)