Who Looks after Kids when ure a FTWM?

My maid will be looking after them when I go to work. My #1 DD is in afternoon class, while my #2 DD is in childcare so that she can study and interact with other kids, my #3 DD will be taken care by my maid full time when I'm at work.

mag_huiling

Hi CanCanMum,

i agree with you totally. If you let nanny take care of your babies, as they are usually the on aking care of them, babies will tend to be closer to her. As the bond may hae been established. Like when my mummy in law was looking after some of the kids under her care. The bnd she had with the little boy was so close and knitted, it was like the little boy was her son! it is how scary...While if in laws are taking care of my baby, if they have closer bond with my baby, I am not so worried as afterall they are my baby's grandparents. The only fear i have is that if my child have strong bond if the nanny, they might not want to return to me for my care when they grew up...:elvis:

What about you and mummies out there?

I have different thinking! let my ex-mil take care, i cant ease my mind (cause she doesnt even know how to bathe for bb!) let nanny take care, even if my girl is closer to the nanny i dont mind... cause the nanny is afterall her 'god-grandma'..

If we as parent still see them often, they will still return to us for care, afterall, the bonding between us and bb is connected by blood ties..

chiro

we get mil to take care..

she is staying wif us..but have learnt to shut my eyes, mouth & ears...

i will take care of ds at night..and when it comes to weekends..my mum will take care..if we not free....

littlehelper

Hi, really depends on the nanny and the MIL.Some MIL will teach the kid who is the mummy and they are the grandma.Anw, baby will definitely know who is their parents by 5-6 mths.They will no matter what be closer to the parents.
As for nanny, the first few months between 1-3 mths old the baby would not really know.Although this is the most crucial bonding period.However, when the baby is 4 mths old and above, they are more aware about their surroundings.I guess if they get use to going to nanny's and then the parents bringing them home they will know that the nanny is only taking care of them .

shespice

I think it depends on the child also. My gal was in the care of 2 nannies when she was 3-7 months. And now that she is 8 months, she goes to infant care. At first was afraid of the confusion she will get LOL. But she seems to be ok and so far adapted well with each situation and seem to enjoy her time interacting with other babies.
Guess we must be prepared to accept the way baby is being looked after by the caregiver, otherwise, think its best to look after by ourselves which means have to quit work :p

chelle

My ML ending soon, going to send my boy to nanny nearby, hope she is good.
Part of me kind of look forward to working life,can dress up and all, but at the same time cannot bear to leave my boy in other people care...haiz...the woe of working mum!

SexyFlor

Wats the operating hours for the infant care centre?

Im working 2 shifts ...seldom hv to from 1- 10pm.. and other days will be 9am-6pm.

Do the infant care centre operates till 10pm?

mag_huiling

Wats the operating hours for the infant care centre?

Im working 2 shifts ...seldom have to from 1- 10pm.. and other days will be 9am-6pm.

Do the infant care centre operates till 10pm?

Dont think there's any infant care centre that operates till 10pm. As what i know, they operates from 7am to 7pm....​

for me i put my baby at infant care. he was there since 3.5mths.

frankly speaking, if i can afford it, i'd really like to be a sahm. nothing beats a mother's love.

littlehelper

there isn't any child care center that operates till 10 but i think there is ONE that operates till 9.Somewhere in serangoon if i m not wrong.

suicul

Am interested to know what arrangements are made for your kids when you are a full time working mum? What are the costs involved and what are the pros and cons?
my mom is helping me to look after my boy (first child at the moment) as we are both working.. we are giving her a mthly allowance of $500 (divide among the 2 of us) on top of the mthly allowance which i have been giving my mom since the very 1st day i step out to work.. been thinking of staying home to look after myself when we have our 2nd child and the third one.. now hubby is striving to make our dreams come true..

do u too keep giving mthly allowance to yr mom ever since u got married and with kids??

adelynn

my mom is helping me to look after my boy (first child at the moment) as we are both working.. we are giving her a monthly allowance of $500 (divide among the 2 of us) on top of the monthly allowance which i have been giving my mom since the very 1st day i step out to work.. been thinking of staying home to look after myself when we have our 2nd child and the third one.. now hubby is striving to make our dreams come true..

do you too keep giving monthly allowance to your mom ever since you got married and with kids??
i give my mum $500 every month after i got married (without kids). After much contemplation, we decided not to place baby in infant care but with my parents. Mum went on hiatus for work to look after baby temporarily until she gets older. I am thinking if i should give her more than the usual $500 or remain at $500 (cuz with the baby come more expenses)

JP12

Anyone who entrusts your babies to maids? I duno whether how to trust her when I go work. Fix camera? Is this the best u can do? We can't rely on maids to teach good educational things to our kids too. Afraid maid will jus switch on tv for kid. Or anyone who has maid but still send yur kid to child care? For those of you who asks yur MIL/FIL to take care, do they sty with u in yur house permanently? Do u have misunderstandings, loss of privacy, arguments?

Last edited:
Never really felt comfortable leaving my kid alone with caregivers.. scared of child abuse. Luckily my mum's around to help me take care of my girl.
If she's not able to, I would rather put my girl in a playschool/childcare centre where at least I'm sure the place is regulated, a lot of other people around with kids to play with :)

ariess

Luckily for me, my mother look after my kids. I will pay her monthly allowance and on weekends, kids will stay with us. If me and husband need to go oversea, we can leave the kids under my mother's care.

felicity

my hubby and i usually leave home around 6:30am... any infant care and child care that opens that early? my mum stays far from me, two ends of the island. takes at least 1.5 hour to travel... i can't bear to be weekend mama plus my mum can't bear to quit her job =(

rellako

my hubby and i usually leave home around 6:30am... any infant care and child care that opens that early? my mum stays far from me, two ends of the island. takes at least 1.5 hour to travel... i can't bear to be weekend mama plus my mum can't bear to quit her job =(
hi felicity,

maybe you can find nanny around your neighbourhood? or have you ever consider getting a dosmetic helper?

norttigurl

My mum takes care of my girl and will be taking care of no. 2 when it pops! I'm very blessed, coz my mum is an experienced baby sitter and confinement lady :)