Will you let ur in-laws know how much your earning?

Catty

As for me, i'm not very comfortable to let my in-law know how much i & my hubby earn per month as once they know, they definately will eyeing on how much we gave them and will talk bad about us if we give less, mainly is bcos they just forgot that we still need to pay loads of bills, payment, instalements, child needs and etc..

So everytime when they ask we will tell them company not paying much is only 1k++ only.. :001_302:

stonston

Never ever ever ever let them know your pay. My hb made the mistake of not keeping his payslip properly when he first started working & they demanded 50% of his pay bcos he was 'single' & did not have to pay any bills! But we were saving up for our wedding so he ask company to bank all his pay into our joint acct instead.

My parents know how much we are earning. Well, she's the one signing my hb's paycheck & my pay can be guessed rather easily by calculating how many years I've worked. But my mum also knows we have alot of bills to pay, so she's never asked for a single cent from us. Even family holidays she'll pay for us & tell us to save the money for my son.

If your ILs are understanding, can let them know roughly which range your pay is in (but always declare lower!).

apollo

i'm currently not wking but in future if i go out to wk again i'll NEVER let them know how much i earn! :001_302:

yellowpudding

HELL No and will never disclose. They didn't ask me but I reckon they can roughly guess hubby and my range by estimation.

candy_ian

In my opinion, nvr let them know how much u're earning.. my MIL demanded my hubby to increse her allowance 2 times when we forked out everything from our wedding dinner, honeymoon, house, reno and car on our own!! even her first grandson also she nvr do anything loh.. she says the both of us income shld b alot so should gib her more.. but my mum is not taking a single cent from mi loh..
when my MIL knew we paid out car in full she say our house everything so nice yet can't bear to gib her more money.. but after all it's our own savings n money we have the right to decide what to do with it..

stonston

Bad thing about declaring lower: they nag at you when you buy things, say you waste money when dun have the money, etc etc.

autumn82

Bad thing about declaring lower: they nag at you when you buy things, say you waste money when dont have the money, etc etc.
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: bingO!!!!!!! :p That was when I was working still.. But no idea y, nowadays very rarely hear such stuffs from them even if I bought alot of things.. :x Wahahahah. Got sick of telling me the same old things..

CanCanMum

my inlaws always think we are rich

coz they are malaysianz

exchange rates are a challenge

they compare if i work in malaysia vs i work in singapore

my pay is like a directors pay in malaysia

silly lor

lols~~~~of coz la multiply by 2.4 duhz

autumn82

coz they are malaysianz

silly

lols~~~~of coz multiply by 2.4 duhz
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

apollo

coz they are malaysianz

silly

lols~~~~of coz multiply by 2.4 duhz
Director Cancan!!! ur inlaws don;t know SG things v ex meh?? ask them come SG stay 1 mth then they won't think ur pay is high :001_302:

apollo

Bad thing about declaring lower: they nag at you when you buy things, say you waste money when dont have the money, etc etc.
i more jialat! i'm not wking. even hubby wanna buy things for me i also scare inlaws will think i always waste their son's money... :embarrassed:

toys_r_us

my in laws know how much my hubby earns, but they have never asked about my pay.

my mum knows how much we both earn, but she also knows how much we have to pay for our bills/installments etc every month.

so far no one has demanded anything of us :)

CanCanMum

Director Cancan!!! your inlaws dont;t know SG things very ex meh?? ask them come SG stay 1 month then they won't think your pay is high :001_302:
wahahhahah~~~~:p

btw, the SG PPLE ARE RICH mentallity has been screwed and pinned and welded into their heads......wonx change for at least 10 decades :embarrassed:

stonston

wahahhahah~~~~:p

btw, the SG PPLE ARE RICH mentallity has been screwed and pinned and welded into their heads......wonx change for at least 10 decades :embarrassed:
But they nvr see how hard their son works for his money lor.

It's true that they think SG ppl r rich. They also tink tt Msians who come SG to work r rich.

jal

OVER MY DEAD BODY! I will never reveal such sensitive information to them, especially knowing my mother in law's pattern. If she ever asks me, I will just say "Aiya, very little ." If she probes, I will just repeat. So there! But I guess she thinks I am earning a comfortable salary coz she said twice that next time when my baby nephew grows up, he will ask hong bao money from me. To which I replied "Wa boh lui laa!" (I have no money!) Heh heh heh...

apollo

But they never see how hard their son works for his money .

It's true that they think SG ppl are rich. They also tink that Msians who come SG to work are rich.
if they wk is SG but go back to msia everynight, have their meal before coming to SG and take their meal after they go back, buy everything in msia, then this ppl are consider rich... haha... but if they wk in SG and also stay here, i think the money also spend on the rental, foods etc...:tlaugh: