Young mummies ! (again lol )

Janellebb

My boy is 3.456kg, 50cm.

I delivered my baby in KKH. After baby come out, They will clean the baby a bit and make sure baby is breathing normally, then they will give it to you to put on your chest (as you will be lying down, no more strength to sit up straight.) they want mother and baby to have skin to skin contact, I don't know for what cause im a bit blur after taking the laughing gas in labour ward, but I remembered they gave a brochure to my hubby about this skin to skin contact with newborn. But think he thrown it away without reading. LOL
much is your costing total for the bill?

velvetglory

All paid by medisave. Think around 2000+ and baby another few hundred. But baby's bill only can use yours or your hubby's medisave if I'm not wrong. And if you are going for c-section, think medisave only can use 1000+ whereas natural birth can use medisave 2000+. If I'm not wrong la.. Hahas.

Janellebb

All paid by medisave. Think around 2000+ and baby another few hundred. But baby's bill only can use yours or your hubby's medisave if I'm not wrong. And if you are going for c-section, think medisave only can use 1000+ whereas natural birth can use medisave 2000+. If I'm not wrong la.. Hahas.
Cause me and my hubby havent rom yet leh.. Wait until next year feb i 18 then register if not parents need go counselling very troublesome. So baby and mum is different? Like that around 3k++?

velvetglory

Cause me and my hubby havent rom yet leh.. Wait until next year feb i 18 then register if not parents need go counselling very troublesome. So baby and mum is different? Like that around 3k++?
Seriously?! Then you won't have baby bonus you know? 4k leh. But maybe you can try writing in to mcys.
Yeap, i found my invoice. My baby's $309.70, mine is $2273.93. Yours you can actually use your mum or dad's medisave also. Baby can use yours.

Attachments

Last edited:

Janellebb

Seriously?! Then you won't have baby bonus you know? 4k leh. But maybe you can try writing in to mcys.
Yeap, i found my invoice. My baby's $309.70, mine is $2273.93. Yours you can actually use your mum or dad's medisave also. Baby can use yours.
How to write to mcys?

velvetglory

How to write to mcys?
I also not sure think can find their email or mailing address from google. Just indicate that both of you will married just that in feb next year. And just tell them the reason why you want to rom only in feb next year. I not sure if can or not. If not just ask your parents go for counselling Lor. Bo Bian. 4000 dollars is a lot. Hahas. Don't take waste. Anw better ask before baby come out. If not come out ler, everything too late. I rom during 8mths pregnancy also, that time abit urgent cause I also didn't know never Rom no baby bonus until my friend told me. So I faster go rom website to book a date to go with my hubby, but the earlier slot is in July and my due date is in June. I thought "siao Liao, no baby bonus liao" then my cousin told me to find a solemnizer and solemnise outdoor. Don't have to wait, just tell the solemnizer which date you want and see if he's available. We both kinda come from poor family, so didn't specially book a nice place for our rom, we just invited him to our house just me, my hubby, 2 withness and the solemnizer sitting around a mahjong table. Just vowed, signed, finish. Everything took less than 15mins. Lol he only charge $68-88. Lols. If you want I still got that solemnizer's phone number, I can send you. Lol of course if you want it a more presentable one also can la. but solemnise outdoor don't have to q until so long..

Janellebb

[SUP]i saw smth!!!!!

4[/SUP]Children of single mothers who become lawfully married to the father subsequently will be eligible for the Baby Bonus Scheme. This must take place before the child reaches 12 years of age and the parents must join the Scheme before the child turns 12 years of age.

velvetglory

[SUP]i saw smth!!!!!

4[/SUP]Children of single mothers who become lawfully married to the father subsequently will be eligible for the Baby Bonus Scheme. This must take place before the child reaches 12 years of age and the parents must join the Scheme before the child turns 12 years of age.
Oh, good then means no prob. Hahas. I didn't saw that part.. Hahas.

Janellebb

Seriously dont understand why must singapore have so many rules! Actually under 18 the ROM parents need to go counselling thing they last year nov then have the rule one. WTF.......

Jojoai

Lol. Really need to meh ? Idk leh. But I getting Rom soon. My bday dec so basically I still need to wait 1 and a half year ! So I think I'll just go rom. Even if my parents need to go counselling. :)

Janellebb

[FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]What is the procedure for the marriage of a minor below 18?
Both of you are required to go to apply online for a Special Marriage Licence (SML). Upon successful submission of the application, both of ou and your respective parents will be contacted by a staff from the MCYS appointed agency for a social assessment of your suitability for marriage. As part of the social assessment, the couple and their parents are required to attend the marriage preparation programme.

Upon completion of the social assessment, you will be given a reference number (for example, IF123456). Please use this reference number to update your information in the ROM website at www.rom.gov.sg. Upon completion, please print the ‘Filing Instructions’ which shows the appointed date and time to appear at the ROM to complete the application process including making a Statutory Declaration. The appointment is usually within the next 5 working days. The SML application will only be processed once all requisite procedures have been complied with.

Where the SML application has been approved by the Minister, you have to visit the ROM again to confirm your solemnization date, time, venue and the solemnizer’s details. Please note that the SML is only valid for a period of one (1) month i.e. your marriage must be solemnized within one (1) month from the date of approval.

Note:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]The social assessment and application process would take between 2 to 3 months to complete.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Where the application for a Special Marriage Licence is approved, the couple shall be followed up by the MCYS appointed Agencies for a period of up to 3 years after their marriage.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]No-show cases will be treated as voluntary cancellation of SML application and there would be no refund granted.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]SML is granted only if both parties are found suitable for marriage.[/FONT]

JoeyLim0402

Actually the counseling still okay na. They will give u some marriage prep course. Then during the last lesson they will ask ur parents come only. And during the first interview also need. So should be that's all. :)

JoeyLim0402

Ya. Last year. Me and karynn same batch want. Hahaha! Ya lor. But okay la. They will teach u a lot things plus lessons quite fun too :)

Jojoai

What can they actually teach you ? How to love each other ? Lol. I think my Boyfr a little bit not understanding about my pregnancy leh. It's like in th beginning he damn guan xin. After that in the middle he even ask if the baby was his. But I don't blame him. Cos he army. Today suay suay ladies night I dozed off to sleep didn't text him then I think he super paranoid now. Feel guilty thou. ):

JoeyLim0402

They will Have some talks like what's couples will have to go thru after marriage blah blah. What shall we do if we face difficulties in the future etc. Plus during our lesson they taught us how to swaddle baby. Hahaha. Hmm he paranoid cos he tout u went out?

karynn

I still rmb joey swaddled the fake baby very well !! My mil compliment you !! Haha ..
I find it quite okay .
Although first lesson maybe boring . But they really teaches us alot . I will always recall what the counsellor told us ..