Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

autumn82

is the ikea one good? cos mine is those highchair cum rocker 'bed'.. he sleep in it since young and now we convert it into a highchair cos it is 2 in 1, got table.. but it is cloth type not those PVC, diffi to clean, must WASH -.-"""
I've been using the Ikea white plastic one for Iggy. It's good and easy to clean (very impt). Not to leave toddler in it w/o supervision coz it might topple if they got itch hands and legs. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

diymummy

is the ikea one good? cos mine is those highchair cum rocker 'bed'.. he sleep in it since young and now we convert it into a highchair cos it is 2 in 1, got table.. but it is cloth type not those PVC, diffi to clean, must WASH -.-"""
A few of my friends are using that one. And most restaurants that I've been to are using that one as well. It's ok. Just that when your baby becomes more mobile, hard to strap him down on that.

Your that convertable bed is Combi one is it?? I remember reading that there's actually a PVC cover for that. Maybe you can check it out?

If you want cheap other than Ikea, you can take a look at Lucky Baby. Seems simple enough. Less than $100 but more than $50.

You can bring your kid down to Ikea to try. Ikea now has a new series of high chair... About $120. Looks nice. But haven't heard any reviews on it yet.

apollo

A few of my friends are using that one. And most restaurants that I've been to are using that one as well. It's ok. Just that when your baby becomes more mobile, hard to strap him down on that.

Your that convertable bed is Combi one is it?? I remember reading that there's actually a PVC cover for that. Maybe you can check it out?

If you want cheap other than Ikea, you can take a look at Lucky Baby. Seems simple enough. Less than $100 but more than $50.

You can bring your kid down to Ikea to try. Ikea now has a new series of high chair... About $120. Looks nice. But have not't heard any reviews on it yet.
the one is bought is not combi, another brand.. i bought the cloth 1 becos i tot can let him slp in it when he is younger but didnt tot of aft converting into highchair, diffi to clean, esp ds lik to use his biscuits to brush the cloth!!! OMG!!! haha...

i tot of buying a new highchair but afriad my mum will KILL me cos now her whole hse is full of ds's things. in the living room, my room, my bro's room, and my parents' room ALL occupied by ds's stroller, walker, toys etc etc :embarrassed:

autumn82

the one is bought is not combi, another brand.. i bought the cloth 1 becos i thought can let him sleep in it when he is younger but didnt thought of after converting into highchair, diffi to clean, esp dear son lik to use his biscuits to brush the cloth!!! OMG!!! haha...

i thought of buying a new highchair but afriad my mum will KILL me cos now her whole house is full of dear son's things. in the living room, my room, my bro's room, and my parents' room ALL occupied by dear son's stroller, walker, toys etc etc :embarrassed:
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:I had such scenario too. I went to sell away the stuffs now still half occupied.. LOL. :p Dun dare to continue buying liaooo.. :001_302:

diymummy

LOL... Or you buy those high chair that is foldable one? Then after eat can fold away.

My house also very small space. What I do with my son's stuff is once he outgrow, I sell on ebay. :p Save space and get some money back.

autumn82

LOL... Or you buy those high chair that is foldable one? Then after eat can fold away.

My house also very small space. What I do with my son's stuff is once he outgrow, I sell on ebay. :p Save space and get some money back.
But soo troublesome to keep it away daily. I used to keep the stroller away daily, until one day.. got fed up then just leave it open. :p Wahahahaha.

apollo

i just ask my pd this afternoon when ds was having his injections. pd said 1000ml per day is too much cos he has started 2meals solid food... -.-"""

autumn82

i just ask my pediatrician this afternoon when dear son was having his injections. pediatrician said 1000ml per day is too much cos he has started 2meals solid food... -.-"""
:err: solid or semi solid meals?? :001_302::001_302::001_302:

apollo

btw autumm mummy, what's diffe betwn semi-solid and solid?? ds is having cereal in e morning and porridge for lunch. tt one consider semi-solid or solid??

autumn82

btw autumm mummy, what's diffe betwn semi-solid and solid?? dear son is having cereal in e morning and porridge for lunch. that one consider semi-solid or solid??

:err: Semi solids are like porridge and cereals. Solids are rice, pastas wif veg and meats etc? Or am I wrong about it? :001_302::001_302::001_302:

All along, I feel that 2-3 tablespoons of cereals is not really considered as a meal yet so I will top up with milk. :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

:err: Semi solids are like porridge and cereals. Solids are rice, pastas with veg and meats etc? Or am I wrong about it? :001_302::001_302::001_302:

All along, I feel that 2-3 tablespoons of cereals is not really considered as a meal yet so I will top up with milk. :tlaugh:
lOOking hi and low for baObei`~~~~~MSN?????????? :p

Mummy to Baby V

Reginakoh & Mandymtb: u r most welcome! Just sharing what I learnt cos the correct weaning process is impt for babies' growth.

I let my boy help hold his spoon to feed himself. Now, I give him small pieces of cooked food to try put into his mouth. They are curious at this age and learn thru play, that's why they want to snatch the bowl/spoon and make a mess. We try to make meal-time as enjoyable as possible and the boy finishes his food very quickly.

Concidentally, my blog just reviewed a highchair, a portable booster seat and a chair with tray that we have been using. Feel free to check out and compare the pros and cons.

Out the the 3, I think the portable booster seat is most versatile, value-for-money and space-saving.

Mummy to BabyV
Mummy's Reviews

CanCanMum

semi solids = any foods made in Nua Nua (Lan Lan) consistency, easy to chew and eat by babies (and swallow without chewing)

solids = presentable foods :p, can bite, chew, choke, munch...etc etc....:p

apollo

semi solids = any foods made in Nua Nua (Lan Lan) consistency, easy to chew and eat by babies (and swallow without chewing)

solids = presentable foods :p, can bite, chew, choke, munch...etc etc....:p
i feeding ds

semi-solid - porridge, cereal, homemake puree

solid - baby biscuits

autumn mummy, myb pd said cos ds's weight is gaining too much, still gaining 1 kilo (or more) every mth.. and he suggest slowly increase the cereal/porridge to full servings so to replace the milk feed. cos currently ds is drinking 180-210ml every 3 hrs, about 6 feeds per day, aft intro him 2 meals or cereal/porridge. he 1 day drinks ard 4 times milk, which is about 720ml-840ml..

autumn82

i feeding dear son

semi-solid - porridge, cereal, homemake puree

solid - baby biscuits

autumn mummy, myb pediatrician said cos dear son's weight is gaining too much, still gaining 1 kilo (or more) every month.. and he suggest slowly increase the cereal/porridge to full servings so to replace the milk feed. cos currently dear son is drinking 180-210ml every 3 hours, about 6 feeds per day, after intro him 2 meals or cereal/porridge. he 1 day drinks around 4 times milk, which is about 720ml-840ml..
Oh okies.. :001_302: Currently Iggy weighs 12kg standing @ 90cm, doesn't look as chubby as his sister at his age. So prob why I kept on giving him more and more food. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

CanCanMum

Oh okies.. :001_302: Currently Iggy weighs 12kg standing @ 90cm, doesn't look as chubby as his sister at his age. So prob why I kept on giving him more and more food. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
Iggy quite chubby waddd...lols~~~

apollo

ya i also think Iggy v chubby lehh... and i love his hairstyle lahh!!! He is quite tall lehh... ds now 70cm, 6mths old, is it abit short???

CanCanMum

ya i also think Iggy very chubby lehh... and i love his hairstyle lahh!!! He is quite tall lehh... dear son now 70cm, 6mths old, is it abit short???
LOLsss theres always a difference betw real and photo and iggy is so chubby and ke ai lorrrr lols~~~~

to baObei : am i ke ai (to u only~~~):shyxxx: in real person ??? :p