2013 babies

josky

Congrats Mecolemummy!!

I'vealso just tested positive w HPT... Yet to confirm w doc but based on self calculation likely to b a mid jan13 bb!

Excited as this is our first bb. :)

Judyn3o

Hi Mums to be,

I'm 7 weeks preg and first time preg. Self calculated most likely early Jan 2013 bb. Congrats to all!

Will be having my first bb scan on 24/5. Excited! :)

josky

I've yet to make any appt w gynae.... Should b 5week6day le..
Izzit ok to go check up only at abt week 8?

Eunicetan

Think I am a bit kaisu. I went to see the gynae the moment I was tested positive with the kit but couldn't really see anything through scan hence took a blood test and was confirmed. I am now 6 weeks into my preg and am a first time mummy :) So excited.

Dragontail

Most mummies adviced 7-8weeks but I think most of us (including me!) can't wait that long. When I missed my period for a day, I home tested but the line was faint. The following day, I went to my office GP, bringing along the kit, and the doc looked at it and said to me "It's so obvious! You're preggie. Don't need to do another test la". I told her I guess I just felt better hearing from a doc. :)

So to give yourself a peace of mind, I suggest just go ahead and see a gynae!

crystaloves

Same like my first pregnancy. I tested using clearblue digital n clearly showed pregnant 1-2. So as printed on the box, it is assumed im already abt 3-4weeks. So being a first time curious n anxious mummy n daddy to be, hubby n i took urgent leave the next day to go to poly to confirm it. I still rmbr i was wearing a maxi dress. Then wen reach poly register n all n they ask me take urine test. Then wen finally get to see the doc(u know how long it is to wait at polyclinics), the doc ask me y r u here? Then i said im pregnant. Then he ask me how i know im pregnant. So i told him i took a home pregnancy test which shows 1-2 which means im already 3-4weeks. N i ask hubby to take out the test kit to show him. I asked the doc, didnt i just take a urine test? He said ya but is negative. Then he showed me the strip. I said there's a faint line wat.. Then he said oh isit? Walauwei! At this time, hubby n i r pissed off already. N Then after hubby showed my home pregnancy test kit, the doc can somemore ask me, wat does the 1-2 means? Omg!!! This doc is super damn irritating man!! Then he ask me lie down on the "bed" he wants to check my tummy, then he saw me wearing a maxi dress and asked, do u always dress like this? Maternity wear?? Omg!! Then hubby told him off, NO she sometimes got wear tight n fitting dresses also. Then when i lie on the bed, the doc kept pressing n pressing my tummy. After he said ok n ask me sit down again. Then he said actually take home test kit liao no need come see doc. Then i say i just want to confirm only mah. Its my first n i dunno wat to do. Then he insist i go back. But hubby insist he confirm my pregnancy so in the end he referred me to kkh a&e.

We went there straight. Again the waiting game. Take urine test again then see doc told her want to confirm pregnancy she did an internal scan say cant ser anything maybe still to small ask me come back in 2 weeks time.

The next week,exactly one week later, i had a sharp pain in my abdomen while at werk then there was a brownish discharge. I asked all my collegues n they said its normal. Then i asked my bestie who had just gave birth n she said its not normal. Coz wen she was pregnant, there was no brownish discharge. So she ask me straight go kkh. N after werk i did went straight. I told the doctor wat i had n she did a blood test and said i might hv a miscarriage or ectopic pregnamcy. And told me to walk ard for abt 2hrs then come back for blood test result. I was crying n crying non stop. Gd thing hubby was with me. Then wen finally get to see the doc, she said my hcg level super extremely low. Ask me come back in 2 days time as it is suppose to rise by double per day. 2 days later i came back but with my gf took another blood test, walk ard for 2 hrs then came back say confirm mc. N the doctor was soooo heartless. She told me the news n with a non sympathetic face said u ok? Of coz i had to say im ok. Then she ask me go home. No explanations nothing. I totally cried my heart out with my gf comforting me. Then my gf sent me to my hubby's workplace, hubby took urgenylt half day to be with me. Coz i was crying n crying non stop. Then wen i told my mother in law n mom, all ask me to go for second opinion on y i didnt hv to go thru d&c. So hubby's aunt made an apptmnt for us with one of the doctors that she knew at thomson, did scanning n confirmed m/c. But she was more motherly n warm n caring n sympathise us. N we asked her alott alott of questions. N she answers them with care n concern. Unlike that kkh doctors. Gosh!

Overall i had a horrendous first tyme pregnancy n m/c experience. Now im 7weeks pregnant. N just saw my baby with its heartbeat. Awww.. Soooo cute! Hopefully nothing happens. N this tyme i want to really choose a good gynae. Ok im blabbering too much. Just to share my experience with everyone here, so that h dun hv to go thru wat i had went thru. All the best mummies! ;D
Hey there!

I totally know how you feel cos i have twice ectopic and one MC and now i am in my 5 weeks.. i could see the sac and the jelly bean inside.. no heartbeat yet tho... i was scheduled to see the doc next week... to ensure everything is alright... That little thing inside is so so cute isn't it...l just wanna make more friends and willing to talk anything about pregnancies!! jia you ladies!!!

angella

Hi all mummies!

I am 6-7weeks pregnant after confirmed by the Raffles medical clinic. However, I wished to double check and scan my tummy to make sure the baby is safe. But KKH appointment is in July, I wish to have consultation earlier. May I know where can I head to other than KKH?

Thanks in advance! :)

mecolemummy

Congrats to all mamas! Once we found out im pregnant with a home kit (gut feeling told me to buy and test) we immediately made appointment with my gynea... Its never too early to get a check up and get all the proper guild line from ur gynea and the right vitamins and of cos not forgetting folic acid!!! My edd is 14th jan but I wan to op for c sec in dec... Knowing its going to be hell getting my little monkey into a good school, too high of a competition as its dragon baby boom year but it's gonna benefit as my bb will gain a full year comparing to jan bb. It's my second pregnancy and I hope it's easier Dan the first. Hehe!

crystaloves

Yes2 of coz we can be frens. Im also looking for mummies who r in almost the same weeks as me. So that can share our experiences together. So CrystalLove, which gynae r u seeing now?

Angella, my first appointment with a gynae at kkh is the 22nd june. Initially they wanted to give me july but i kept insisting i want earlier n the earliest they have is June.. Thats just too long!! I told hubby n he said to just stick to that. Coz last week i went to my GP n i got a scolding for not having a gynae by now. Due to my previous case. She said scared anything can happen again. But wat to do, thats the earliest they hv.. :(
By then my lil peanut is 12 weeks already. Wont get to see him/her growing up in between.. :(
Hey! Thank you!! hmm.. so fast you are in your 12 weeks... im just in my 6th weeks... i just change my gynae to DR Brian Chow at lucky plaza, my first appointment with him its on this saturday.. im experiencing spottings for the whole of last week hmm.. hope nothing is wrong... i went to NUH emergency last week due to spottings and after my detail scan, everything is fine....

mecolemummy

Hello mummies.. Im currently in one fb group called Bumps to Babies 2013. But they r all ang mohs. N im the only asian there. Its a private group so no one can search nor view the group. The group is very interesting as we get to share our daily activities, on wats happening. Like feeling fatigue, or vomitting extra today. N even sharing of photos after going for their u/s. So im planning of opening one up for SG mummies to be. Would anyone be interested to join? Dont worry, i'll put it as private n a secret. So for thise who has not blurt out the news yet, need not hv to worry having ppl finding out. Then we can share more things there. N talk abt anything under the sun(or rain as well). Hehe.. Maybe can suggest a name for our fb page group? I'll start off. Im thinking of 2013 MTB. Any suggestions anyone? Hands up if u r interested that i start this group. ;D
I like the idea cos im more active in FB anyway *thumbs-up*

crystaloves

Crystaloves, im now in my 8th week. If i go for my scanning on 22nd june then my lil peanut will be 12th weeks already. Oh gosh.. Hope i r ok now.. Any cramps that come with the spotting? Anyways, im just wondering, i sometimes get cramps right after i sneeze or cough. Is that normal?? Im just afraid anything wud happen.

Hi Mecole Mummy, doeant seem like alot of ppl r interested le.. :(
Skali i create then only got the two of us.. :(
I do not have any cramp, if i have small cramps, spotting doesnt happens, wierd right? haha maybe is gastric, my friend were having gastric throughout her first trimester, its hard to determine individual symptons cos its different. As long as Baby is fine then prob nothing would be wrong... dun worry, lets jia you together alright...

careling

I am at week 6 now. got morning sickness every morning. feel very "er xin" feeling cannot eat anything until night time.

careling

Anyone interested to join discussion group in facebook?

I have setup a discussion group with my friend if anyone want to join.

2013mummy

careling

want to add me into facebook then i add you in the discussion group.

I pm you my details....

Last edited: