Any bad experience with confinement ladies?

NiVleK

Alpha Male
I shall not elaborate further since everything I have to say is already in my blog post.

But one thing though, I do agree that comments on the same person should not differ by much. And my wife, mother and friends that visited us all have the same opinion and comments.

So some self reflection is in order? :001_302:

mirage

Alpha Male
For those who have doubts with Auntie Liqing, please find out more from the many families who have used her services, and make your own wise judgments. Please do not jump to conclusions. :wink:

pinetartsg

mirage - how much did u pay for Li Qing. $2.2 k or 2.3k? In Msia ringgit (exch rate 2.38) , her pay can be as good as some managers working in KLCC, Msia. But those need degree/ tertiary educ. (Note : Her pay rate is also base on 28 days and need to plus to/fro ang pow and taxi fare, 3 meals ...etc). Give me that amt of $ and JUST to see baby, no need to wash plates or do simple kitchen wiping/cleaning even when free( and rather uses phone to recommend other CLs to do jobs that she can't handle to earn comm) ..OF COURSE it is fair that I have some expectations from her. I will make sure she cook food that base on my taste and like. Nowadays, CLs are not as innocent and simple like our heartlander Ah Ma in Sgp. They are very driven by $, realistic and will not do extra mile just out of helpfulness. I am writing this because I believe I am older than u (I have 4 kids already) so I want to write out to let new parents to know that not all CLs are good. Some are good, and some are bad. Just like maids, 12 yrs ago, I could get very good maids but recent yrs, it is so difficult to find one gd one after my ex maid who had been with me for 10 yrs left for her home ctry. Time changes and poeple mindset will change too. You need to chnage and not let people take advantage. For gd ones you need to show apprec. For bad ones, don't be shy to tell them your expectation. In the event you still cannot tahan, then tell them to go off and no need to give her the 2nd ang pow too. Don't feel sorry as they are wasting your time too and making u difficult to source for a replcaement....They should feel bad too.

mirage

Alpha Male
pinetartsg, I totally agree with what you wrote. Not all CLs are good. But good is subjective. I'm writing just out of concern that parents looking for suitable CLs might get wrong ideas. All I can say is we have set our expectations from the day we interviewed her, and up to now we do not think she has failed us in any way. Her food is to our taste and liking, and she takes care of my wife and our baby well, and we appreciate her help. And she does help out with simple cleaning too. Sometimes, proper communications is just what it takes to make things work out.

You know how forumers nowadays are so sensitive to negative comments and shun anyone with negative feedback (including myself), cos we do not want to take any chances. Hence, I'm just sharing my first account experience, in case people jump to the wrong conclusion about her.

I agree the cost is expensive but this is subjective and up to personal preference. fyi, she charged us $2.2K. No one likes to throw money away, and we are not first time parents.

BeingSingle

oh dear! this sounds like a nightmare! now i am panicking....i need and am looking out for a good CL but now i am thinking maybe i should go stay in a confinement home/place instead...

honestly, everyone seem nice when you interview them but horrors upon horror that alot turn up to be quite the 'bully'.

anyone did their confinement in a confinement home? maybe it might be better? not sure?

elaine01

oh dear! this sounds like a nightmare! now i am panicking....i need and am looking out for a good CL but now i am thinking maybe i should go stay in a confinement home/place instead...

honestly, everyone seem nice when you interview them but horrors upon horror that alot turn up to be quite the 'bully'.

anyone did their confinement in a confinement home? maybe it might be better? not sure?
never heard of such a place leh??

BeingSingle

not sure if SG has one but i know malaysia, shanghai and taiwan has these places. its for ladies to go to for 1 month after their birth where there are a group of professional medical assistants, confinement ladies and nurses to care for mom and baby. the food there is also prepared specially for mommy.

i dont mind if SG has one. saves me the nightmare. so no one heard of it?

blur mummy

Haha. But they are quite expensive, about 5-6K i think. Gd luck! M still trying to find a CL for myself and my EDD is early Jul 11. Been told that I'm super late :(

pipilili

May I check if you guys have hired the CL through an agency or are these CL freelance? I hear alot of negative as well as positive comments. But I would like to know if these CL are freelanced or through agency.

I am thinking of hiring one through an agency. Is there anyone who can recommend a good agency who provide streams of good CL.:001_302:

blur mummy

I think there are always pros and cons. Most of these agencies have some form of guarantee of satisfaction which will mean dat u won't be left in the lurch. But some agencies dont care two hoots whom they sent as long as some human bodies fill the position. Spoke with an agency dat won't allow me to interview or review the credentials of the CL, which really doesn't make sense to me. The ones which are gd n allow u to choose is charging 3K which is way above market rate. So it really depends on the individual.

yvonne_ktw

anyone tried the service from Ah Qing? 012-7356664

it's my 2nd time getting a CL and i'm really really afraid will get a wrong/headache one again.

sailormoon

I just finished my confinment and have a bad experience with cl.
The cl cooked the same dishes for me every day. Worse is I have checked with other people and found out that she is cooking normal food not confinement food for me to eat!
She is also lazy. Though she is supposed to do mopping n sweeping twice a week, she only use the magiclean to clean the place.
She is so busy with cooking that looking after the baby in the noon becomes my job. I remember clearly one incident. She finished with cooking for lunch. As usual, she zooms into the bathroom to bathe. Subsequently, she went on to have her lunch n later to do other things with total disregard that I have not taken my lunch and am still looking after my baby!
Besides that, she Eats a lot, use up a lot of things and clogged up my toilet without even informing me. She also sleeps in air cond room every night while I sleep with fan.
Seem like she is having a good time at my place.

pipilili

sailormoon,
Is this a freelance confinement lady?

Have you guys considered getting from agency? Maybe it will save you alot of hassel too cos everything is cotractual. I am not from any agency lah...but I was thinking of getting from agency... (just like maid u know, dun like, immediately replace) Anyway I was v lucky to see one forum-er post about her good CL and I engaged her freelance CL from Msia. I hope I dun have any problem w CL.

If she is good, I may extend up to 40 days....:Dancing_tongue:

I am due in august...and i am 22 and doing the confinement myself. At most i would ask my grandmother to take care of me from malaysia. At least she has given birth to 15 children and still so fit now. I really don't see a need in confinement ladies. A waste of money. Just check online b4 hand on what you can eat and cannot eat. Do your own research.

yvonne_ktw

Hi gal, u r lucky to have your grandma to help n she experiences as well. But some mummy have own difficulties that why they need engage one. Some is dun mind pay that amount as will be served well.

I am due in august...and i am 22 and doing the confinement myself. At most i would ask my grandmother to take care of me from malaysia. At least she has given birth to 15 children and still so fit now. I really don't see a need in confinement ladies. A waste of money. Just check online b4 hand on what you can eat and cannot eat. Do your own research.