Any Malay Massage lady to recommend??

nsync_su

hi nsync su about your case yap you must do massage even though you miscarriage coz you need to push up the womb this is very important for the ladies who giving birth natural or miscarrage...if you want experience masage lady for push up the womb you call this no ida 94249829 she will explain to you
Thanks sweetlips. I've already engaged someone but thanks again for the advice. :001_302:

pinkytham

i totally agree with u ger...
cause i encountered the same problem as u
happy happy change time, happy happy sms sae she nt coming got something urgent.
than when i told her off she still ask me to understand her situation. wa biang....i like doing charity work like paying for the massage and still have to suit her?
than supposing appt at 10am, she was late likee reach at 1015 than supposed to end at 1115 she 11am already finish.
eat my 15 min when supposed to be a 1 hr massage?

hi mummies.. sharing what i found in other forum on mdm nani & kathija

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:30 am: [/FONT]
For those who are thinking of engaging Naini for the post natal massage - think again!

She's absolutely crap and totally not worth the exorbitant rates she charges. I totally agree with the feedback given by Passing Guest on her post in 2005. And to think that she was actually that crap since 2005! Since she was recommended by a friend - I didnt bother checking out the forum for reviews before engaging her. Big mistake!

As for those who thinks Naini must be good just cos a mediacorp artist engager her before - did you actually verify when the said artist used her services? As far as I know and from Naini's own admission - it is only once ie after delivery of her 1st child.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 11:57 am: [/FONT]
Ya.. mdm katijah..

Pls think many times before you want to engage her service..

Late, always change appt, always talk on the phone which makes the massage very disruptive, and yes, always talk about family problems.

For some reasons when i wanted to terminate her service, it took me really VERY long to get back the balance of my money with lots of excuses. And i've already agreed to pay a penalty fee for early termination.

Once, made me waited for her to collect the money then when she didn't come, gave reasons got client last minute change appt so she didn't come. Then she should have the courtesy to call & inform me right? She even quarrel with me it's not her fault that she has to go there!!!

Very tedious to get back my money. Pay in many instalments, agree to pay on this day then didn't.. Agree to transfer then didn't. Say no money, dont't know how to transfer, daughter will scold her if she transfer $ to me.. etc.. In the end i got the last payment thru a bank transfer. Then call me and ya ya say she has transfer $ to me !! I slamed down the phone!!

Ok, the more i think of her, the more i poo huei..

stonston

Just to share, Auntie Khatijah (as mentioned previously in this thread) did prenatal massage for me and my postnatal.
i personally find her good. even recommend her to my fren who jus delivered this yr May.

my fren enjoyed auntie khatijah's service so much tt she extended her package.

i tink 1 thing we must all understand is tt her work is 'freelance', it's normal to hv changes in appt, etc. even when i give tuition, i also need to entertain requests for change in timing and such. and sometimes i need to reschedule other students to accomodate. i tink we need to give her some understanding when she change appt with us. if u hv something on n cant wait, jus inform her and work something out, dunnid to get upset over it :)

actualli i tink she has e 'worst' job ever dealing with mummies in confinement. cos hormonal changes very great, some of us might be quite 'mean' and 'nasty' with our words/attitude also. she gotta deal with this everyday!

i tink if we step back and tink of her situation, u'll understand her better :)

btw, i dun like ppl talking during my massage, so i did tell her and she din tok to me much :)

veronica

I think majority of the ML are like that..they don't finish on the dot..some will eat 5-15mins..very seldom you see exactly at 1hr or 1hr 30mins type. Maybe have but very rare.

I tried pre-natal massage through some recommendation in the forum and I must say they don't finish exactly as they promise.

One case worst, her service was supposed to be 1hr 30mins but she finished in 45mins and have the cheek to tell me, ok finish. I was like "har? Your service 1hr 30mins right?" She said yes then I told her but you started at 7pm and now its only 745pm? And she will say oh...ok...she will re-start the whole cycle again..but yet she still finish less than 1hr 30mins.

I told myself that's it lor...no matter how much she boast she can help me slim down within few days for post natal, i won't be getting her anymore.

veronica

Also if you are getting the popular ones, be prepared that your appt will be re-scheduled or cancelled at last minute..

Cheyenne

Hi, I just completed my 5 days with Zaria. She is excellent, passionate about her work and very details. Also don't mind giving extra time, as she wants to 'correct' the position of my body/joints.

She also shared a bit on herbs and gave an extra session of yoga to teach me how to correct my problem area.

I would recommend her. PM me if you want her contacts.

jellybnzw

My tummy did flatten quite alot frm the 1st day i just delivered but bcoz i already have tummy even before pregnant so i already xpected cant b very flat for me. For butt it depends on urs is water retention or fats coz if it water retention then can help but if fats kinda hard coz those massage helps to remove water retentions and wind in our body 1. As for hips i dont tink help alot coz during pregnancy our bones aso expand to help support baby so it need time to shrink too.

Mine is c-sect and i did my massage 2 wks later of my delivery so hope tis will help your queries.

Hi Loves,
does Mdm Khatijah do normal massage? I am keen to try someone else for massage. I used a Mdm Lathifa previously and it was good but just want to try and compare. Do you have her contact?
THanks.

jellybnzw

dont't you all know there are alot of "fake"customers out there promoting themselves or their company? This happen alot in the other forum. SG motherhood.

There are even some who post as fake customers to bring the other free lance massage ladies down, so that MTBs will hire their company instead? I got so sick of the other forum thats why I came over here.

You wanna look for realistic info and comments, I think damn tough ...

i only trust thru friend's recommendation, if not I will pay the money to try their pre-natal first. I like it, i take. I dont like it, I just forget it. Bcoz sometimes this kinda thing pretty subjective.

AIX = I think your opinion is rather contradicting too... Massage ladys, its their own profession. They do massage for a living. you wanna compare with CL? Difficult ... Unless you can tell me there is any CL out there that do massage as well and her rates are the same as normal CL. I will be the 1st to take up. Each individual have their own profession, so you should understand...

Anyway for myself, I took up a package with Babies Bellies, and that is after trying their pre-natal and also chatting with the lady boss for 1 hour plus to understand her company and ways of massaging...
Just to share, its $500 for 10 days not including transport and also got free 1 steam bath and body scrub (but have to be done at their shop for the freebies). You can go check out if you are interested...

Last time during my 2nd baby, I used House of Traditional Javanese Massage, cheap but super rush.

This are the sites that I found while surfing for the last few mths regarding post natal massage. You gals can go check it out. My 2 cents worth...

Babies Bellies Javanese Massage & Spa
Home Massage @ Compassvale | Massage Treatment Services for Women
Maya Mummy Massage | Traditional Javanese Massage | Prenatal | Postnatal
Post-Natal massage, Jamu massage, Baby Massage | Traditional & Holistic Post-natal Centre
Post-Natal Massage
MUM's Wellness
Welcome to Traditional Wellness
House of Traditional Javanese Massage & Beauty Care - Where Pressure Becomes Pleasure
Pre/PostNatal Massage plus Body Massage / Treatments
Scentuary - Relaxing and rejuvenating the body, mind, and spirit

Anyway, there is another 2 companies that is always posting on the other forum. Which I actually condemn due to bcoz it seems like alot of testi and comments posted by very new members in such a short while about this 2 companies after they were introduce to this forum so I just find it fishy and abit fake to be frank. Anyway, this is their site if you are interested.

Singapore- Origins Jamu Massage - Home
Malay Heritage Jamu Massage
I think you are abit harsh. I have used origins and the ML that the Rebecca (the biz contact) was pretty kind and had good advice. My massage lady,Her name is Mdm Lathifa and another forum member has posted good comments about her. Same thing, Mdm Lathifa, was telling me that I was too stressed and should relax during my confinement and Maternity and that me being stressed made my body stiffen up so it was harder for her to help me. And she helped me to get rid of my blocked ducts in my breast and it helped me to breast feed better. She did not push me to buy anything, we talked about common interests like appreciation for teas and stuff and I enjoyed my sessions with her throughly. I even asked her for her contact if I wish to continue with normal massage with her after and she charges about 45-45 per hour session and she works on Sun too.

Alot of these ML are free lancers as well, there are some black sheep amongst them as well but do not forget about the good ones. When Mdm Lathifa was honest with me about my body being stiff, I knew she was good. I have a background in muscle, strength and body anatomy, I have a fitness and spa background(she didn't know). And I already knew she would have problems but she still told me nonetheless so she was just being honest and giving good advice

I also surfed many websites before deciding. These good ML may charge cheaper but that does not mean that they are no good. Like Origins was just someone who was pooling her knowledge on these ML and helping busy mummies like us have a one-stop location to get confinement massage w/o the high costs. Like the biz owner was a SAHM who was doing home based business.

I am not from any of these places but also sharing my 2cents worth.

By the way, Mdm Lathifa's contact is 90622189 and she is good.. Very knowledge and also open-minded. You don't have to worry about someone who has many opinions and nothing useful to share.

jellybnzw

Oh yea, i heard from Mdm Lathifa about being late was cos, they sometimes meet mommies who have to take care of babies on their own and when they go to their houses for PN massage they could be breast feeding so they can't possibly interrupt. Or sometimes babies might cry while you are having massage and want cuddling. They cannot tell these mommies to ignore and don't bother right. They will allow the baby to be next to you during the massage and I can't say the same for others though. My ML told me I could, but I told her I rather not la.So I always made sure I had someone to take care of my bb while I do my massage.

I think you are abit harsh. I have used origins and the ML that the Rebecca (the biz contact) was pretty kind and had good advice. My massage lady,Her name is Mdm Lathifa and another forum member has posted good comments about her. Same thing, Mdm Lathifa, was telling me that I was too stressed and should relax during my confinement and Maternity and that me being stressed made my body stiffen up so it was harder for her to help me. And she helped me to get rid of my blocked ducts in my breast and it helped me to breast feed better. She did not push me to buy anything, we talked about common interests like appreciation for teas and stuff and I enjoyed my sessions with her throughly. I even asked her for her contact if I wish to continue with normal massage with her after and she charges about 45-45 per hour session and she works on Sun too.

Alot of these ML are free lancers as well, there are some black sheep amongst them as well but do not forget about the good ones. When Mdm Lathifa was honest with me about my body being stiff, I knew she was good. I have a background in muscle, strength and body anatomy, I have a fitness and spa background(she didn't know). And I already knew she would have problems but she still told me nonetheless so she was just being honest and giving good advice

I also surfed many websites before deciding. These good ML may charge cheaper but that does not mean that they are no good. Like Origins was just someone who was pooling her knowledge on these ML and helping busy mummies like us have a one-stop location to get confinement massage w/o the high costs. Like the biz owner was a stay at home mum who was doing home based business.

I am not from any of these places but also sharing my 2cents worth.

By the way, Mdm Lathifa's contact is 90622189 and she is good.. Very knowledge and also open-minded. You dont't have to worry about someone who has many opinions and nothing useful to share.
No doubt I may sound harsh. Go surf other forum yourself and you will understand. Not only me who think this is so, many others too...

I may be wrong, but I said I "find it fishy" but I did not say I confirm...

Hope you get things right... Thanks...

stonston

mich, i noe wot u mean. i saw the same thing at other forum which i find suspicious. very good comments within short span and if u notice carefully, mostly new members who barely posted anything else in the whole forum. would u register a nick in a forum jus to say how good ur massage lady is without participating in other topics in a motherhood forum when u got a baby???

we r not judging whether the massage lady realli good in her skills or not. but when u resort to such 'marketing' techniques, consumers will be wary and it'll result in alot of unnecesary 'negative vibes' about the massage lady.

for me i'll choose to trust my fren's recommendations. and i'll also trust 'regular' forum member's recommendations (those who often chat in other topics, share their experiences) :)

jasobias

mich, i know what you mean. i saw the same thing at other forum which i find suspicious. very good comments within short span and if you notice carefully, mostly new members who barely posted anything else in the whole forum. would you register a nick in a forum just to say how good your massage lady is without participating in other topics in a motherhood forum when you got a baby???

we are not judging whether the massage lady really good in her skills or not. but when you resort to such 'marketing' techniques, consumers will be wary and it'll result in alot of unnecesary 'negative vibes' about the massage lady.

for me i'll choose to trust my friend's recommendations. and i'll also trust 'regular' forum member's recommendations (those who often chat in other topics, share their experiences) :)
so in conclusion can anyone recommend a reliable massage lasy?31 weeks preggers n feet n back r killing me...:nah:

stonston

during my pregnancy i hired auntie khatijah (phone no earlier in this thread) for prenatal massage. enjoyed it so i booked her for post natal massage. :) my fren jus delivered in may and also got her. ended up adding on to the package cos she enjoy the massage alot :)

good for u to try out different massage ladies during pregnancy and judge for urself who u r more comfy with :)

mich, i know what you mean. i saw the same thing at other forum which i find suspicious. very good comments within short span and if you notice carefully, mostly new members who barely posted anything else in the whole forum. would you register a nick in a forum just to say how good your massage lady is without participating in other topics in a motherhood forum when you got a baby???

we are not judging whether the massage lady really good in her skills or not. but when you resort to such 'marketing' techniques, consumers will be wary and it'll result in alot of unnecesary 'negative vibes' about the massage lady.

for me i'll choose to trust my friend's recommendations. and i'll also trust 'regular' forum member's recommendations (those who often chat in other topics, share their experiences) :)
stonston, yup, exactly! dat was what I was tryin to put across. Maybe I too straight forward, hehe... but dats my style...

chelle

i am using Mdm Noor, she is good, very though in her massage and is value for $ coz she only charge $50 for 2 hours!

Can really see diff in tummy after binding!

dolliepollie

Hi all,

I would like to recommend my massage lady Tanti..
Well, u all can try her out. She got strong hands and do not hard sell... in fact her massage dun comes in package. she's using olive oil for pre natal. as for post natal im not too sure.. got to wait till my give birth in aug den will know.
you will have to prepare a mattress for urself to lie on. she mention dat she can oso teach u how to massage ur newborn for bonding purpose. any enquirers about her services u can call her at 91000548.

veronica

I tried 3 MLs recommended in the forum for my prenatal until i use this one.

Her charge is $60 for 1.30hrs. The other 2 though they are slightly cheaper, they always cheat my time which I don't like.

This one I am using, her stroke is firm and strong and I really enjoy like normal massages...