detail scanning @ 20weeks

shandy83

hi mummies, for the detailed scan at thomas medical, do we get the results on the spot? or do we have to wait abt 1-2 days for it??

anyone here did their detail scanning at Kandang Kerbau Hospital? and does it also include 4d ultrasound? please advise :)

me & hubby wants to have a 4d ultrasound for baby but we need to know how much will it cost, if it'll cost $400 or more we might as well fly back to the philippines for the weekend, coz for the price we also get a picture & dvd of our baby, complete with shopping for baby stuff on the side & a weekend getaway for us :001_302::001_302:

Jaschy

anyone here did their detail scanning at Kandang Kerbau Hospital? and does it also include 4d ultrasound? please advise :)

me & hubby wants to have a 4d ultrasound for baby but we need to know how much will it cost, if it'll cost $400 or more we might as well fly back to the philippines for the weekend, coz for the price we also get a picture & dvd of our baby, complete with shopping for baby stuff on the side & a weekend getaway for us :001_302::001_302:
I am doing the scan in thomson medical soon.. the fee is abt 280++ not too sure abt KK hospital thou:tlaugh:

keefu

I've did it at Kandang Kerbau but I don't think is 4D scanning just normal detail scanning. Paid $85 for the process.

i1babes

dear mummies ..am goin to do my oscar test nest tuesday ( 12WEEK) ,But i c a lots mummies here doin oscar n FA test , how come my GY only ask me to do oscar text ... how about FA test wat test isit ?? can gimme advise .this is my 1st baby n im 36 yrs old .. im so worried my coming test ......

I've did it at Kandang Kerbau but I dont't think is 4D scanning just normal detail scanning. Paid $85 for the process.
Thanks sweetie! :001_302:

Jaschy, for the $280++, that's detail scanning with 4d already? and do they offer pictures or video of the baby just incase?

jespang

dear mummies ..am goin to do my oscar test nest tuesday ( 12WEEK) ,But i c a lots mummies here doin oscar n FA test , how come my GY only ask me to do oscar text ... how about FA test what test isit ?? can gimme advise .this is my 1st baby n im 36 yrs old .. im so worried my coming test ......
Dun worry, all these tests/scanning apply for majority pregnant women. Usually when u are abt 11 or 12wks.. they hv to do test for down syndrome esp when u are after 35yrs old. Subsequently when u are abt 20 or 21wks, then I think is what they call FA test. This test is to find out if baby's organs and limbs are growing normally and healthly. I going to do my FA test on 3 Nov..will update u in details... praying and praying hope my baby is fine and hope can confirm the gender by then....:wong19:

i1babes

Yes .. Pls update me .. I pray everyday for myself n all mtb , bcos only now I know how worry if pregnant after 35 ..
My Oscar test is on 26th this month
Pls pray for me also ......

i1babes

just came back for oscar test .. but cant get my result immediately , still have to wait blood report .... :(
ahhahahah.. btw baby is very active n co-operative , when measuring he/she will stay still , once finish measure he bounced n bounced , this is 1st time me n my hubby see a small baby in my tummy got so many "action " ... is a very special feeling ...

hope rsult will turn out good ...cross fingers...

Last edited:

Jaschy

Thanks sweetie! :001_302:

Jaschy, for the $280++, that's detail scanning with 4d already? and do they offer pictures or video of the baby just incase?
ermm $280++ is only the price for 4D scan .. they will give u a video back.. detail scan is already done at wk 20 mah:Dancing_tongue:

eowyn

Did my FA scan 3 weeks ago at thomson medical. It was actually quite scary at first coz the sonagrapher was frowning and sighing to herself throughout the scanning. I was getting seriously worried abt my baby and praying very hard when she went out to get my hubby. Finally, she smiled and told us that everything looks fine. Whew~ scared me! I think she was just frowning coz baby's position not right or maybe constantly moving so she can't get a clear pic. Almost all the pics she took are blurry, esp the hands and legs.

^^Thanks for the reply :) Good thing me and hubby decided to have my FA test & 4D ultrasound here in the Philippines. Costs us less than $200SGD or Php6,000 in Philippine peso. It was one of the best decisions we've made. Seeing how are baby cooperated the entire scan is enough to made us smile for the whole day:red: Even the sonologist commented that our baby is very obedient, whenever me and my husband tell our son we want to see his face and please remove his hand, in a matter of seconds he's showing off his face already and smiling as if he's showing off! :tlaugh: it is the best advanced birthday gift i got from God :Dancing_tongue:

the coloured 4D pictures together with the DVD will be released after 2 weeks, just asked my brother to get it for me & a friend will just bring it in SG.

jespang

I did my FA scanning yesterday. Confirmed is a princess and THANK GOD she is growing well and healthy. Spent abt 15mins and the Sonographer explains to me and hubby whenever she moves to a part of her body.. ie.. "see this is her nose, then her lip and her chin" or "see this is little feet" or "these two black dot are her kidney" etc etc....

Really hv to salute to those who invented the equipment. The scanning really can see in details (ie. the brain cells, baby's skull, spine etc). My girl is very co-operative, she just lie there quietly and sucking her hand and let the sonographer doing all the scanning....:wong19:...

But having the same problem like some other mummies... low placenta..n Doc said my baby position is abit breech, which mean my baby's bum and legs are at the lower of my tummy but she said baby will slowly turn as she grows...(pray, pray and pray everything will be fine as time goes)

My baby weight abt 460 grams and I put on an average of 2kgs every month. Doc said this is normal and is good... Anyway, going to start shopping for all girlish, pinkish and cute cute stuffs/clothes for her...can't wait..

i1babes

hi mummies , i just did my detail scan at Mt.A , take about one hour cos my baby boy face down so difficult for sonographer doing all the scanning... everything is good only there hv a hold beside stomach but sonagraher say it's a "kidney"( normaly if baby just wake up n did "eat anything , this hold will be very clear when scan ) she scan so long for that hold make sure is not connect to stomach ( if connect to stomach then will be a bit problem) .. another two week will be seing my gynea ,by then see wat Dr say ...crossed fingers . pray hard for healthy baby boy...
btw how jespang ..? how ur deatail scan ??

Clover88

@Jespang: last 2 months i was told having low placenta, but my gynae also said the same thing like yours, now it's become normal, more confirm after having my detail scan 2 weeks ago...so you no need to worry, Dear ^.^

I think my detail scan took almost 1 hour with a break cos the sonographer got frustated w/ my baby. He kept showing his butt and bird bird while sonographer need to scan his face detail, it was funny though..^.^