EDD: August 2012

zaclin29

I got a whole list of booths to go to at the expo... haha...
Think I will spend a few hours there....
Will go on Thurs after my doc's appt to beat the crowd..... :)

wendytan

I'm taking 3 mths first, then for the additional 1 month, will spread across.. like bringing her for injections, checkups etc.. That's the advise I got from friends.. If not I doubt my AL is sufficient in future.
Mer17, me too will take 3 mths first... if not, my covering officer will be very tough... Pity them also. But will we entitle childcare leave? start from this year or next year? anyone know?

zaclin29

Mer17, me too will take 3 mths first... if not, my covering officer will be very tough... Pity them also. But will we entitle childcare leave? start from this year or next year? anyone know?
My company says I will get full 6 days of childcare leave this year...
Not sure if it's applicable to all companies....

wendytan

Mer17, maybe u can see this link:
All You Need to Know About the BabyPlus® Prenatal Education System

This is my husband found out from other forum and commended good after using it, then he bought it for us.
The sound is quite big, I think only can use it at home, as got one time we thought from home go carpark quite near...
but, when we were at lift, got one couple laugh at me as the sound come out from my tummy there... *Shy Shy*

Hi wendytan, what is this baby plus? Can share more info on it?

@ perkyperky: what is the apps u downloaded for the baby rhymes? I tried searching, but there are so many!! And majority comes with a fee. I dun wanna download the wrong apps! ;P

MommyDioR

Hmm.. like that ahh.. but I thought we would need to apply rash cream on the babies backside so as to prevent rashes??
Unless they can guarantee wearing won't cause rashes.. Maybe we can purchase one to try out first. In long term, it should be cheaper than normal diapers i think.
lol.. their logo mention prevent and reduce diaper rashes.. dunno how true it will be.. hope tt our baby skin suit it so tt we can save cost!

mamamarie

Just browsed through the Moo Moo Kow website... Seems like cloth diaper is a good alternative... but am worried that I might not have the time to wash them... :(
I feel the same too. I dont have a maid, my elderly mum lives with me and cant depend on her. I do everything at home, I feel that cloth might stink up in the bag when u are bringing home to wash, while out? I like the idea of re-using but to wash the stink and types of poop on liners, ewww!

bertrande

I feel the same too. I dont have a maid, my elderly mum lives with me and cant depend on her. I do everything at home, I feel that cloth might stink up in the bag when u are bringing home to wash, while out? I like the idea of re-using but to wash the stink and types of poop on liners, ewww!
I'm also not planning to use cloth diapers as of now. Washing it is a hassle - my washing machine is used to wash all types of things (saddle pads, things that my dogs use etc) and I don't trust my helper to hand wash because she's not great at hygiene. So going to stick with disposables sigh...

ch0c0l4te

I'm also not planning to use cloth diapers as of now. Washing it is a hassle - my washing machine is used to wash all types of things (saddle pads, things that my dogs use etc) and I don't trust my helper to hand wash because she's not great at hygiene. So going to stick with disposables sigh...
I am sticking with disposables too... But I didn't know that you're not supposed to use diaper rash cream or lotion with disposable diaper. Back then I always put SebaMed healing cream when I change my daughter's diaper. :we2huh:

mamamarie

I am sticking with disposables too... But I didn't know that you're not supposed to use diaper rash cream or lotion with disposable diaper. Back then I always put SebaMed healing cream when I change my daughter's diaper. :we2huh:
Probably just dust some rash powder on baby's bottom Haha!

zaclin29

Hi ch0c0l4te,
You cant use diaper rash cream or lotion if u are using cloth diapers.. not disposable diapers...

zaclin29

Zaclin29, also let us know how the first day at the expo was like? I'm going after my appointment on Fri :Dancing_tongue:
Yup, will definitely keep u ladies updated... I cant wait for tomorrow!
Think Im going to burst my wallet at the expo... haha...

mamamarie

Yup, will definitely keep u ladies updated... I cant wait for tomorrow!
Think Im going to burst my wallet at the expo... haha...
And your appointment too, tell how it went. If only we were scheduled on the same day since we're both at NUH :001_302: