EDD in December 2009

adelynn

btw how much weight has everyone gained so far... i've put on a total of 7-8 kilos, but my tummy is still so small. Everyone says i look like i'm only 5-6 months preggie. Although gynae says the baby is growing well, right on track in terms of development.. should i worry about the size though?
everybody's different and thus every lil baby wld also be different. no cause for concern if gynae's saying all okay & looking good :)

haffa

btw how much weight has everyone gained so far... i've put on a total of 7-8 kilos, but my tummy is still so small. Everyone says i look like i'm only 5-6 months preggie. Although gynae says the baby is growing well, right on track in terms of development.. should i worry about the size though?

hi babybull...i think there is no need to be worried coz my tummy is juz like urs. It is not that big but everytime i went for my check up..gynae said that baby is growing and that the size is what it should be. i guess having this forum is good coz at least i know that other pple are also going through the same thing as me so there's no need for me to be worried :)

babybull

dear all dec mummies, i do feel more reassured after seeing everyone's responses... thank you.

It didnt help that my neighbours, whom i hadn't seen for a long time commented that my tummy is small. plus i just attended a cousin's wedding dinner last night, and the whole night all my relatives were nagging and nagging that (1) i'm so skinny (2) my tummy is too small, baby must be undernourished, (3) i shouldn't be wearing tight clothes which is why my tummy isn't bigger. and so on, to the point they got my mum worried as well and she came back to the table repeating what everyone said! arrrrgggggghhhhhh

quite fed up.

guess the fact that i'm vegetarian too adds to their perception that the baby isn't growing well no matter what i tell them..

sorry.. just letting off steam here...

Last edited:

haffa

dear all dec mummies, i do feel more reassured after seeing everyone's responses... thank you.

It didnt help that my neighbours, whom i hadn't seen for a long time commented that my tummy is small. plus i just attended a cousin's wedding dinner last night, and the whole night all my relatives were nagging and nagging that (1) i'm so skinny (2) my tummy is too small, baby must be undernourished, (3) i shouldn't be wearing tight clothes which is why my tummy isn't bigger. and so on, to the point they got my mum worried as well and she came back to the table repeating what everyone said! arrrrgggggghhhhhh

quite fed up.

guess the fact that i'm vegetarian too adds to their perception that the baby isn't growing well no matter what i tell them..

sorry.. just letting off steam here...

Don't worry baby bull...i get that a lot also. I have learned to ignore all the comments. Whenever pple say anything that's not to my liking..i'll juz smile. I guess we r naturally small built therefore our tummy is not as huge as others. As long as our gynaes assure us that our baby is growing well...that's all that matters. So how are u coping with 3rd trimester? Hope u r doing well....I m getting rather nervous as the days go by..... :)

sufeit0115

well.... guess ppl will comment no matter what is the size of our tummy....i m sort of opposite like you all, my tummy is BIG and it is really heavy, i m wondering whether i will have problem in walking when i reach 9th month (Now already walking like a BIG BEAR)....Actually i m envy of those who are having small tummy.....it's so convenient & light...so just brush off those useless comment....everyone is different though....

Maybe due to my BIG tummy, i m keep having the feeling my baby will come out very soon....

haffa

well.... guess ppl will comment no matter what is the size of our tummy....i m sort of opposite like you all, my tummy is BIG and it is really heavy, i m wondering whether i will have problem in walking when i reach 9th month (Now already walking like a BIG BEAR)....Actually i m envy of those who are having small tummy.....it's so convenient & light...so just brush off those useless comment....everyone is different though....

Maybe due to my BIG tummy, i m keep having the feeling my baby will come out very soon....

When is ur due date sufeit...?

sufeit0115

When is your due date sufeit...?
hehe, my EDD is 4th Dec, but most likely i will be a NOV mummy cos gynae said my baby is too big...if wait full term cannot go natural delivery...so will induce me when i reach 36-37 weeks.....:shyxxx:

We will be able to welcome our bundle of joy very soon, kind of excited & nervous right? But i feel very scared for the delivery process as my threshold of pain is kinda low...

haffa

hehe, my EDD is 4th Dec, but most likely i will be a NOV mummy cos gynae said my baby is too big...if wait full term cannot go natural delivery...so will induce me when i reach 36-37 weeks.....:shyxxx:

We will be able to welcome our bundle of joy very soon, kind of excited & nervous right? But i feel very scared for the delivery process as my threshold of pain is kinda low...

Wah Sufeit...that's like in 5 weeks time...so nice! Yup...i'm feeling nervous and excited. Not sure i can take the pain..dunno wat to expect coz this is my 1st baby. is it ur 1st also?

sufeit0115

Wah Sufeit...that's like in 5 weeks time...so nice! Yup...i'm feeling nervous and excited. Not sure i can take the pain..dont know what to expect coz this is my 1st baby. is it your 1st also?
haha is my 1st baby too!! I don't know whether i m ready for it....So have all the dec mummies decide the name for your baby? Very difficult to choose right??

Have you finish preparing all the baby things already? I think i m almost done except haven't buy the breast pump....Now gonna pack the hospital bag...

haffa

haha is my 1st baby too!! I dont't know whether i m ready for it....So have all the dec mummies decide the name for your baby? Very difficult to choose right??

Have you finish preparing all the baby things already? I think i m almost done except have not't buy the breast pump....Now gonna pack the hospital bag...

Oh dear...i've not prepared much. Bought few baby clothes and that's it. I was bz with the Hari Raya preparation so now is the best time to buy. Now me and hubby will spend our weekend looking for baby things.

U r gonna pack ur bag oready? My gynae told me to pack when i m in my 36 weeks so probably won't do it yet ah... ;)

babybull

Haffa,

looks like we're more or less in the same boat (ie small built, small tummy)

Sufeit,
your delivery will be fairly soon, its so exciting!

i'm rather nervous about the impending birth too, i've never carried any young babies before, they always seemed so fragile... and scared about the pain - have already decided to go for epidural!

what abt you, sufeit, haffa and other mummies? have you all decided on the pain-relief method yet?

haffa

Haffa,

Sufeit,

i'm rather nervous about the impending birth too, i've never carried any young babies before, they always seemed so fragile... and scared about the pain - have already decided to go for epidural!

what about you, sufeit, haffa and other mummies? have you all decided on the pain-relief method yet?

heheheh...babybull...i m trying to do it naturally without epidural. Well...that's wat i want lah...but i m sure when the time comes...i might juz be screaming for epidural. hehehe

adelynn

Haffa,

Sufeit,

what about you, sufeit, haffa and other mummies? have you all decided on the pain-relief method yet?
hey babybull,

like you, i'm rather nervous cuz newborn babies always seem very fragile to me, so i'm pretty scared of 'mishandling' her.

as for pain relief, i'm hoping to go for natural w/o epidural, but who knows when the pain kicks in, i might be the very first one screaming for epi.

how abt you?

stupidyeye

Oh dear...how like that..i have not bought any baby clothes yet. Looks like i have to buy everything in white. But seriously...can pple really tell the baby's gender just by looking at the tummy...
well..its jus a myth la...i'm carrying a bb boy..bt my tummy is round and wide...so quite a few ppl guess is gal...
for me i gain quite alot..bt i lost weight at 1st trim!!!tummy small or big is nt a problem..so long as baby is healthy and grows well...
Haffa,

Sufeit,

well..for me..i will nt take epidural first...till e extend dat i really cant take it anymore den decide....coz...some of my frens say w or w/o epidural is lik e same???

Better to be without epi. Just as my wife gynae said...
Keep telling yourself pain and maybe by that time, the pain will not be a bad as you mentally prepared.

babymummy

Hi all,

im selling my medela mini electric breast pump at $90

+Bought on March 2009
+Lightly used
+Can be operated with batteries/adaptor.
+Will throw in 3 free milk storage bag =)

Interested, sms me @ 90011410

Hi, Somebody sms me regarding this breast pump..
Its still available...
Sorry that i didnt reply as i just delivered my baby 2days ago on 6Oct09..
Its in perfect condition.
Lightly used..
Actually Today first time trying it ..
Bought in March09..
Will throw in 3 Breastmilk storage bag too =)
Interested, sms me again @ 90011410.. Thanks=)