EDD in June'09

yen

looks like everyone is enjoying the growing phase of their baby and also being a mother. :001_302:

my boy also used to poo everyday then now poo every 3 days. his fart is so smelly! and he farts a lot. so smelly that almost every time he fart i need to check him for poo. i urgh urgh him every 3 days since i know his routine now. between my boy wont cry to signal me to change him after he poo... he will still be smiling and playing or act blur... only when i smell it and suspect and check him then i know he pooed... :001_302:

i brought my boy to swim at the baby swimming shop at harbourfront. so proud of him that he didnt cry on the first swim. just brought him for his second swim yesterday and he loves it! the moment he was put into the water, he smiles and kick the water. he enjoy swimming so much that when we bring him out of the water he cried

oh ya.. mommies who are pantang, next thursday is the start of lunar seven month. was told not to bring boy boy out in the nite. must come back early. and also bring in his clothes before sun down if hang outside to dry.

Hey, our bb same same... only poo poo after 3days... ya i think no need to worry too much as long they are still active, drinking and sleeping well...

Oh i also wanted to bring my boy to try out there, but still haven go yet... how much is it?

As for the 7th mth, ya i heard exactly what u mentioned above, i already inform my maid to keep his clothings as early as 5+.. will still bring him out during that mth but mayb try to go home earlier before 7pm...

yen

same like any mom, we were worried about baby's pooing routine changed to every 3 days. so we checked with doctor when we brought him for his first jab and was told not to worry. it is perfectly normal so long as he doesnt show any sign of discomfort and is able to eat and sleep well.

as for increasing the milk intake, doctor says if normal your baby drinks every 3 hrly then suddenly gets hungry at a shorter time maybe say 1 hr... means need to increase his milk intake . sometimes when baby is too full, they will burp the milk too. i tried increasing his intake twice and he vomit milk... so i guess i will just stick to 110ml at the moment.

any idea when we can stop wearing mittens for our babies?
My boy stop wearing mittens after full mth... i trim his fingernails quite often...

yen

My pediatrician also says its quite normal for babies to poo on alternate days, but >5 days requires attention.

I am still quite worried about my girl's milk intake as it has dropped from 150ml/4 hours to 110ml/4 hours and the problem is also she does not wake up in the night to drink. Its ironical bcos some mums complain waking up in the middle of the night but its the opposite for me.

As for the mittens, my mum says its OK after 3 months, but need to trim the nails regularly. Adena's nails grows every fast, need to trim them weekly.
I guess have to wear them just in case she scratches her face.:chatterbox:
Hi Michelle,

i understand how u feel regards to ur gal drinking lesser milk now than before... why not u check with the doctor and see what he advise u? Or maybe u can try to give her 110ml 3hr interval instead of 4hrs?

chrisgal

My baby have not poo poo for 4 days aredi! brought him to doc this morning , the doc said some baby even poo once a week! He ask him to feed him with Gripe water(fei zai shui) half a teaspoon mix with water! maybe it does help!:wong19:He is drinking bout 140ml / 4hours.. but sometimes puke out too.... sigh

M&M

My pediatrician also says its quite normal for babies to poo on alternate days, but >5 days requires attention.

I am still quite worried about my girl's milk intake as it has dropped from 150ml/4 hours to 110ml/4 hours and the problem is also she does not wake up in the night to drink. Its ironical bcos some mums complain waking up in the middle of the night but its the opposite for me. (did you check with your pediatrician?)

As for the mittens, my mum says its OK after 3 months, but need to trim the nails regularly. Adena's nails grows every fast, need to trim them weekly.
I guess have to wear them just in case she scratches her face.:chatterbox:
(same here. i need to let him continue wearing to prevent scratches on his face. he has the habit of rubbing and scratching his face when he is sleepy or grouchy)

M&M

oh yah.. hubby told me to wash baby clothes in the morning then hang early afternoon. dont wash at night. what if dry indoor? can wait till next day to keep? mother in law also told my hub try not to bring baby out.

swimming shop at harbourfront? sounds fun but how is it like? how much is the entry?

my baby starts to like bathing as she will kick the water but still a bit scared scared.

Welcum Michelle & Adena to our June mummies forum here:Dancing_wub:
according to my mom, it is ok to dry indoors till next day. ermm... and lunar 7th month is coming so my mom advised me not to bring bb for anymore swimming during that period.

M&M

OH, izzit the Hua Xia swimming, wanted to bring my boy go last Monday but weather abit cold so i though better not though i knw the swimming is indoor.
My boy like to kick water also when i bathe him, so i thought he will enjoy the swim. Did you sign the package?

Ya , next Thurs is start of 7th month...
yup. its Hua Xia swimming. mommies can visit this website to get more information.

www.babyspa.com.sg

its swimming indoor with a float on the bb's neck in warm water. before swimming they will do some warm up for your bb. yup. i signed the package cos my bb enjoy it so much.

$30/lesson if never sign package. $2 off 1st trial.
i signed the $196 package for 10 lessons and received 2 free massages which i havent use.

i was given a $10 gift voucher which you can bring your bb for first trial.
valid from 01 july to 30 oct 09. if any mom interested i can pass on the voucher. they have quite a few branches. punggol plaza, harbourfront, plaza sing and beside boon keng mrt station. i think every new member will receive the voucher ba so maybe can pass on to other interested moms too.

remember to bring towel if you bring him for swim. it is a must to feed bb water after swimming cos they will feel thirsty after swimming. bring milk too they get hungry pretty fast after swimming. my boy sleeps very soundly after swimming.

if try now, bb will get used to water and enjoy. if start later might be difficult. on our first trial there was this twins (6mths old) on their first trial too. one of the twins cry pretty badly and doesnt want to swim at all.

chelle

I brought my boy to the PS hua xia yesterday, wanted to do it b4 7th mth!
He enjoy himself so much, cried when the lady carry him out, then the lady submerged his legs into the water again, he stop crying, then carry out again, he cried.
Haa, so cute.
Wanted to let him massage but he refused to lie down quietly after the swim coz is his milk time. Overall, is a entertaining experience, even for us parents!
But i did not sign the package coz the location not very near for me, will bring him to real swimming pool when he is older

chrisgal

any moms trying for second baby already?:err:
:elvis:so fast u wanna try for 2nd one??? haha... i having c section on 7th june... doc told me i cant get pregnant for one year... if wanna 2nd child have to wait for one year later !!!! but baby is so cute.. i reli dun mind to have 2nd baby soon!!! but not now!!! lolz:shyxxx:

chrisgal

yup. its Hua Xia swimming. mommies can visit this website to get more information.

www.babyspa.com.sg

its swimming indoor with a float on the baby's neck in warm water. before swimming they will do some warm up for your baby. yup. i signed the package cos my baby enjoy it so much.

$30/lesson if never sign package. $2 off 1st trial.
i signed the $196 package for 10 lessons and received 2 free massages which i havent use.

i was given a $10 gift voucher which you can bring your baby for first trial.
valid from 01 july to 30 oct 09. if any mom interested i can pass on the voucher. they have quite a few branches. punggol plaza, harbourfront, plaza sing and beside boon keng mrt station. i think every new member will receive the voucher so maybe can pass on to other interested moms too.

remember to bring towel if you bring him for swim. it is a must to feed baby water after swimming cos they will feel thirsty after swimming. bring milk too they get hungry pretty fast after swimming. my boy sleeps very soundly after swimming.

if try now, baby will get used to water and enjoy. if start later might be difficult. on our first trial there was this twins (6mths old) on their first trial too. one of the twins cry pretty badly and doesnt want to swim at all.
my baby currently 2 month plus! can go for the swim??

Astar

M&M, can i have the $10 voucher? Maybe u can mail it to me?
Punggol Plaza is very near my place. $196 for 10 sessions is not expensive. Do they allow us to take pictures?

Trying for 2nd baby?? After 8 weeks, my wound down there hv not recovered leh.. still painful when me and hubby tried to ML...... Any mummies too? Or already recovered?

chelle

My wound also like not really fully recover, still have passing pain once in a while.
I asked my gyne when i went for pap smear test recently and he say wound is recovering fine.

Hi Chrisgal, all our BB here are 2 mth old coz all born in Jun. Hee
2 mth old shld b fine since the water is warm water. I dun dare to bring my boy to public pool yet coz still young, scared public pool alot of germs & bateria.
The Hua Xia change the tub water everytime a new BB swim so shld be cleaner.

Hi Astar, of course can take photo! I went to the PS branch, the lady very nice, even offered to help us take family photo!

MomoMummy

wah like v fun le.. but hubby say he rather buy the swimming pool and float put at home. :embarrassed:
my friend bought those inflatable pool and swim with her newborn, wearing bikini somemore. haha

2nd wan ah.. haha.. not so soon. gynae told me after 6 months den can pregnant again. smtimes will have sharp pain on my wound. ML a little bit pain.

haha when giving birth keep telling hubby one enough already, dun wan 2nd.. but now heal already and seeing baby so cute, i dun mind haha..
saw a tv show and e mummy say 2 is better cos if "chow" la, smthing happen to the parents or if next time we old and pass away, at least they have someone by their side to handle the situation. tell hubby i will try again 2 years later, n i hope is a boyboy.. *pray*

chelle

Ya, MomoMummy, i agreed with u! Just after giving birth when i m suffering from all the pain etc, i told my hubby no 2nd one.

For now after 2 mths with my BB, i open to the idea of 2nd BB! They are really very cute!
But not so soon otherwise i feel is unfair to the 1st BB, coz once u have the 2nd BB very naturally all attention will b on the 2nd BB and might neglect the 1st!

MomoMummy

Ya, MomoMummy, i agreed with you! Just after giving birth when i m suffering from all the pain etc, i told my hubby no 2nd one.

For now after 2 mths with my baby, i open to the idea of 2nd baby! They are really very cute!
But not so soon otherwise i feel is unfair to the 1st baby, coz once you have the 2nd baby very naturally all attention will b on the 2nd baby and might neglect the 1st!

ya true.. i was actually a accident also.. i was apart from my sis 11 months. We were born in the same year. my mom had no choice, send me to nanny to look after. Everytime i go back home in the weekends, i cry and scream. my father hated me and say why she everytime cry.

i wasnt that healthy also. had a heart hole and fainted several times when i was young. my mom smtimes when she cum see my baby will say i not close to her cos i give nanny look after. kinda regret look.

but it was super tough for my mom and she also v stress. imagine we june mommies now check pregnant. omg not even ready and havent really enjoy growing up with first already pregnant with second.

i juz remember hubby told me in the morning he dreamt i pregnant again. he so worried .. haha.:tlaugh:

yen

Ya, MomoMummy, i agreed with you! Just after giving birth when i m suffering from all the pain etc, i told my hubby no 2nd one.

For now after 2 mths with my baby, i open to the idea of 2nd baby! They are really very cute!
But not so soon otherwise i feel is unfair to the 1st baby, coz once you have the 2nd baby very naturally all attention will b on the 2nd baby and might neglect the 1st!
Fully agreed and its true... After our 2nd one arrived, most of our attention goes to him, kinda neglect my gal... Feel very bad at times... Will always try to spend time with her if i have any free time... My gal will still get jealous at times also though the gap is 6years... So we always try to explain and talk to her nicely why her didi will need more attention now... But one thing for sure is, she's really a big &great helper to me, hehe...

yen

M&M, can i have the $10 voucher? Maybe you can mail it to me?
Punggol Plaza is very near my place. $196 for 10 sessions is not expensive. Do they allow us to take pictures?

Trying for 2nd baby?? After 8 weeks, my wound down there have not recovered .. still painful when me and hubby tried to ML...... Any mummies too? Or already recovered?

My wound have totally recover by 1week... it recover faster this time round then the first time... phew...

MomoMummy

Fully agreed and its true... After our 2nd one arrived, most of our attention goes to him, kinda neglect my gal... Feel very bad at times... Will always try to spend time with her if i have any free time... My gal will still get jealous at times also though the gap is 6years... So we always try to explain and talk to her nicely why her didi will need more attention now... But one thing for sure is, she's really a big &great helper to me, hehe...

aww so sweet she will help you... imaging now my girl helping me in the future when i lookng after her didi/meimei. :wong19:

Last edited: