EDD March 2011

melvinchia

Alpha Male
hihi all.. my baby girl was born on 30-mar this year.. just wondering, i see mostly mummies in here, any daddies? am i welcome? =P

jespang

Welcome!! As far as I know there no daddy join in this thread yet. U r the first one. How is u coping so far? Is ur wife BF or by FM?

paper

Yes! I notice my hair has been dropping alot since two wks ago as well esp when I wash or comb my hair... Hope it will end soon. Has ur baby able to turn over? For my girl, these 2 days I use my hand to slightly push her to turn over. She managed to lift up her head for a short while n she alway seem excited n happy whenever she is on her stomach.
My boy still not able to turn...he is 14 weeks old... How old is your girl? My boy does not bat or swing at toys hanging above him or kick them.. Hmmm...

jespang

My girl is 16 wks now. If I swing a handkerchief infront of her, sometime she will use her hand to grap it n put into her mouth. She enjoy playing with her saliva or put her fingers into her mouth n lick. but her neck still not strong enough. Hv to support her head whenever I carry her leaning on my shoulder. Ur baby like to 'talk'?? Mine alway like to talk or mumble to herself esp. early in morning n will wake up everybody in the Hse.

Jinny

My girl is 16 wks now. If I swing a handkerchief infront of her, sometime she will use her hand to grap it n put into her mouth. She enjoy playing with her saliva or put her fingers into her mouth n lick. but her neck still not strong enough. have to support her head whenever I carry her leaning on my shoulder. your baby like to 'talk'?? Mine alway like to talk or mumble to herself esp. early in morning n will wake up everybody in the house.
Hi jespang,
seems like my girl very similar to ur girl's development! totally same actions, ur girl very smart, start mumbling at 16wks, mine now abt 17wks+ then keep mumbling and now also shout and shout... aiyo cannot tahan, so active... My girl still cant really turn on her own, but her head and neck is stable.

melvinchia

Alpha Male
Welcome!! As far as I know there no daddy join in this thread yet. U r the first one. How is u coping so far? Is ur wife BF or by FM?
My wife is 100% BF, went back to work, MIL feeding frozen EBM except for the 7:30am and 9:30pm (first and last feeds of the day) are "fresh from the B".. =)

melvinchia

Alpha Male
My girl will be 14 weeks tomorrow (wed). Yays.. Brought her to Sentosa last weekend, held up a few toys at Candylicious in front of her, and literally saw her eyes widen and mouth open and smile when I held the big red M&M's cushion, and wifey saw the same reaction when she held the smaller M&M's character with arms and legs, and another stuffed toy. We ended up buying the 2 red M&M's plushies, and we still see her eyes widen and mouth smile when we give her the plushies.. =)

She doesn't flip over by herself yet, but can rotate horizontally, when we put her in her cot, she can rotate sometimes 45 degrees, sometimes 90 degrees in the cot, and we have to go pick her up and put her correctly again.. Haha.. She also talks to herself at night before she sleeps.. And sometimes in the morning when she wakes up and its not time for her feed yet.

paper

My girl is 16 wks now. If I swing a handkerchief infront of her, sometime she will use her hand to grap it n put into her mouth. She enjoy playing with her saliva or put her fingers into her mouth n lick. but her neck still not strong enough. Hv to support her head whenever I carry her leaning on my shoulder. Ur baby like to 'talk'?? Mine alway like to talk or mumble to herself esp. early in morning n will wake up everybody in the Hse.
Ya, he likes to "talk" and makes a lot of sounds.. But he will scream if you ignore him for a short while... Haha.. Just now when I played peek a boo with him, he laughed until he hiccuped..so funny.. Haha

jespang

Hmmmm... All babies are alike. Enjoy talking n entertain themselves..mine will also rotate her sleeping position. So hv to plc a pillow at each side to prevent her to keep on shifting or she may drop off fr bed. May I ask those BF mummies, do u alway BF ur baby at night till he/she fallen asleep? Experts said this is a bad habit, hv to change. I tried but doesn't work. Tried to pat her to sleep or fed her FM b4 her sleep but she won't despite she is tired. She hv to nurse on my breast for few mins to fall asleep. Another question, sometime when my girl just fallen asleep, she will swing her hand or lift up her leg every few secs. Her eyes are closed n is not startle. it seem as if she is dreaming n she will just swing her hand above or twist her body n bang down her leg. It will last for abt 5mins then she will stop. It happen quite often to my girl. Does ur baby behave this way as well.

melvinchia

Alpha Male
hiccups are "normal" but sometimes my girl will hiccup for quite long, even after we put her down at night bedtime.. and there's nothing we can do about it.. *xin tong*.. =P

melvinchia

Alpha Male
Hmmmm... All babies are alike. Enjoy talking n entertain themselves..mine will also rotate her sleeping position. So hv to plc a pillow at each side to prevent her to keep on shifting or she may drop off fr bed. May I ask those BF mummies, do u alway BF ur baby at night till he/she fallen asleep? Experts said this is a bad habit, hv to change. I tried but doesn't work. Tried to pat her to sleep or fed her FM b4 her sleep but she won't despite she is tired. She hv to nurse on my breast for few mins to fall asleep. Another question, sometime when my girl just fallen asleep, she will swing her hand or lift up her leg every few secs. Her eyes are closed n is not startle. it seem as if she is dreaming n she will just swing her hand above or twist her body n bang down her leg. It will last for abt 5mins then she will stop. It happen quite often to my girl. Does ur baby behave this way as well.
yea, arm and leg swinging are "normal" too.. i suppose that's why they recommend to swaddle young babies so they won't be awakened when they swing their arms and legs. but there comes a time to wean them off the swaddle.. mine now sleeps through even though she swings her arms and legs, or shakes her head left and right..

btw.. drop off the bed? you don't put your bb in a cot with side rails?

Jinny

Hmmmm... All babies are alike. Enjoy talking n entertain themselves..mine will also rotate her sleeping position. So have to plc a pillow at each side to prevent her to keep on shifting or she may drop off fr bed. May I ask those BF mummies, do you alway BF your baby at night till he/she fallen asleep? Experts said this is a bad habit, have to change. I tried but doesn't work. Tried to pat her to sleep or fed her FM before her sleep but she won't despite she is tired. She have to nurse on my breast for few mins to fall asleep. Another question, sometime when my girl just fallen asleep, she will swing her hand or lift up her leg every few secs. Her eyes are closed n is not startle. it seem as if she is dreaming n she will just swing her hand above or twist her body n bang down her leg. It will last for about 5mins then she will stop. It happen quite often to my girl. Does your baby behave this way as well.
May I know why is it a bad habit? I think if its in the day, it might be a bad habit, but at night is ok ba...
I also nurse my baby at night before her sleep. After nursing awhile she also does keep kicking and straighten her leg and get very restless, it may mean she's done with the breast ba...At first I'm also quite puzzled with their actions, sometimes it also means she wants more milk, so if u can see in her eyes she's tired, means she's most prob done with the breast and want to sleep. So I'll just let her go, burp her and put her to sleep...
My baby sleep with me as its easier to nurse her so I don need to carry her up and down the cot, which is very bad for our backs, especially after pregnant for 9mths and giving birth we must let our backs rest.

jespang

Hi jinny check out this article Sleep and breastfeeding. My girl sleep well if I carry her. But if she is on bed she will kick n swing her hand n leg n she is actually asleep but maybe not into deep sleep yet.

Hi Melvin, whenever my girl hiccup I will wait for awhile to BF her although she is not hungry yet. It stop the hiccup or u may feed her with water. my girl reject water so I m training her to drink everyday. I stop swaddle my girl when she was one mth old. Wonder if tat the cause to make her startle very very easily so I let her sleep in sarong during daytime. When my hubby goes to work in oversea, I move back to stay w my parents tat y she will sleep on my bed n I sleep on the floor. She will sleep in her own cot bed if i go back to our own flat.

Jinny

Hi Jespang

Thanks for the info! will definitely take note of that, so far, baby only require 1 feeding at nite, and by just 1 breastfeeding in the middle of the night I'm already so tired and feel so "dead" waking up.. Hope this pattern will reduce to no more...

Jinny

My wife is 100% BF, went back to work, mother in law feeding frozen EBM except for the 7:30am and 9:30pm (first and last feeds of the day) are "fresh from the B".. =)

Hello melvinchia

just curious, how much EBM can your girl drink from bottle when ur wife is back to work?

Do you think there is any decrease or increase in baby's appetite?

I just realise u if ur real name is Melvin, my hubby also share the same name as u! lol...

jespang

Hi Jespang

Thanks for the info! will definitely take note of that, so far, baby only require 1 feeding at nite, and by just 1 breastfeeding in the middle of the night I'm already so tired and feel so "dead" waking up.. Hope this pattern will reduce to no more...
At least u better than me. I hv to feed her abt two to three times during night. But even if ur baby sleep through the night, dun u hv to get up to pump ur milk out?? For me if I dun do so, it will leak n alway my bolster n bed will kana wet.

paper

I have to get up and pump if baby sleeps through the night but usually he will need one night feed. Recently, he keeps sucking his fingers and will scream if I take them out... He also drools a bit.. My Mil says he may be teething.. I am thinking so early? I'm going back work soon so will gradually reduce the pumping sessions to 2 which means baby mainly drinks formula soon.... Mmm, feel guilty though.... But inconvenient to pump at work..

Mummies, you all pump at work?

Jinny

I used to wake up in middle of night to pump but when i went back to work, i dont. Becos so tiring, still gotta get my pump, fixed, and store milk, just very tiring.. lol..
At night i will also tend to get engorged and sure leak thats why i need to put breast pads and get my baby to drink lor.

hi paper, when i go to work, i will pump twice, have to simulate and express out milk so will not stop production. I use office's handicap toilet to pump. At first i thought might not be enough, so far still able to meet baby's needs but recently my baby's appetite drop alot, 100ml is sufficient for her! So Have not open any FM to give baby drink. Maybe you can try to pump at work :)

jespang

Hi Jinny, how much ml can u pump? I hv not pump for weeks, alway just let my girl latch on. I do give her FM abt once or twice per day. But her intake very irregular, sometime drink abt 100ml or so n sometime upto 150ml so to ensure she hv enough milk, I will make 150ml for her n will pour away the remaining if she can't finish. Alway waste alot of milk powder.

Can I ask the mummies if ur babies poo every day?? Again my girl is irregular sometime daily n sometime 2 to 3 days once. Everytime I tell her tat Darling if u still dun poo then mummy going to bring u see a doctor tmr n she will poo thereafter...lol...as if she can understand wat I m saying.

Jinny

Hi jespang

lol, actually my milk pump out also quite irregular, its usually average around 100ml on each side... on engorged every morning, can pump up to 150ml each, but the lowest amount on evenings maybe 50ml each only..
My baby poos everyday.
Does ur baby usually need to squeeze hard to poo or is the poo solid? as u got supplement FM, must feed more water to help loosen her stools. Maybe ur baby scare to see doctor!