EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

hi meilynn,
ya will ask the caterer to come twice. if not food finish during the 1st round, 2nd batch guests no food to eat.
i just want to do 1 day then can rest more on other day. also clean up onli once.

true, try not to feel disappointed w/ hubby. the other day nite having a small talk to hubby regarding baby shower. have some disagreement. both us just stop n quiet, he continue w/ his game, while i go back room to cool down n cry, baby keeps kick non stop also. i just felt been bully by both father n son. but next morning huddy just change his mind, give n take w/ my way to do the baby shower. sometime guy r just not sensitive to some issues or our feeling.

anyway, just forgive n forget. they r still our loving hubby who love us in their own way....

jia u jia u.. a few more week to see our little cuties...

Think I wil talk to my hubby again n see if better to do bb shower the same day. Tired one day seems better than tired in 2 days.

Rukia

Think I wil talk to my hubby again n see if better to do baby shower the same day. Tired one day seems better than tired in 2 days.
I am also thinking between one day for family and next day for friends. Cos my family would prefer lunch, and if i arrange for friend's dinner. There is a possibility that some of my relatives may still be around during dinner time. So i duno how much i should order. Cant possibly tell them that dinner is only for friends?!

Rukia

i saw the price for cake vouchers etc, its the most ex packages. no option for lesser price. So i dun think i will be giving cake vouchers. I feel like this is giving wedding cakes all over again, although is only give relatives, but the cakes so many and so sinful. I think when they receive also scared for their cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure.

some more today, while shopping for baby clothes, i heard one couple (with bigger children) comment, housewarming and baby shower are the most "lose money" affairs. and i tot wedding is loss money...the "best" is yet to be
I think i will not be govng cakes to relatives, but i guess i better ask my mum first to reconfirm its ok. Most prob just invite all relatives for a good buffet. Less hassle as well.

Rukia

Baby shower sure lost money a lot one! Hear from my mum, most relative will give abt $20 to $30 then whole family come for buffet. Friend most give more like $50 or buy share buy gift. I count my side sure lost abt 1k or so.
Anyway I dun expect to earn, just dun let me lost too much
Wah whole family come and only give $20-30? I dont think my relatives will do that.

Just that i got a feeling i will get alot of chicken essences and DOM, which i dont drink. Cos i already heard a few relatives telling me that they will get that for me. :S

miracle25

Try not to feel disappointed. Believed your hubby meant no ill. Guys are just not sensitive at times. you can try to tell your hubby how you felt whenever he behave 'like what' re your feelings.

I was having very bad cramplike pain last nite. Sorta breathless too so told my hubby. He was on his phone playing game so no response at all. I waited like 5 mins he also never look over at me once.

I was very Disappointed then so I told him that I expect him to at least ask after how I was feeling. He was abit annoyed n commented that he cannot do much re my ccondition too. When I heard this, I felt even worse so I kept quiet n turned away. After a while, he sorta Realised that he hurt me with his remarks so he started asking if he do this if he do that can help my pain.

Actually at that point in time, watever subsequent action he did is pointless as the moment that I need his attention n concern was gone. However, when I think back later in the nite, being a guy, he can never truly understand how emotional we are during pregnancy. Thus, no point feeling upset when he may never know y we behave in certain manner. Guess we need to have such ' Q' spirit else we just make ourselves unhappy. End of day, our hubby do care n love us in his oown manner, this is what is impt.

So mummies, if you ever feel upset re how your hubby behave, dont be k! Rem you always have us here to share n care ;) we all jia you k!
yah agree, watever action the follow is pointless... same here, I'll turned away and show him a disappointed face and go into the room and cry... sometimes, maybe he felt my disappointment or heard me crying, he'll come and 'sayang me'... after that it's forgive and forget..

miracle25

Thanks ladies, I think partly because hubby not in Singapore also, that why I feel even worse
hi reddevil,

I can understand how u feel.. my hubby was in India for work purpose for abt 6 weeks when I was scheduled for the amnio test.. and so coincidental, I fell sick wif cough, flu, sore throat and slight fever (was given 5 days MC in total)... was yearning for his return or phone call every night.. lucky I had my mum to accompany me to the test and stay over during weekends to look after me..

wat I did was, I tell myself, weekdays after work, I'll be too tired to think of hubby, so once I reach home, after watching TV I'll go to bed.. weekends, I'll try to meet up wif my gal frens for chit-chat or get them to come to my house if I'm too tried to go out.. tis way, time will pass faster without you knowing.. :)

climsp

Wah whole family come and only give $20-30? I dont think my relatives will do that.

Just that i got a feeling i will get alot of chicken essences and DOM, which i dont drink. Cos i already heard a few relatives telling me that they will get that for me. :S
got give is better then come onli w/ empty stomach. i already mental prepare some will come w/o AB or gift.

for the buffet can divide out to 2 session. think relative will go off if see friend come, unless they so HUNGRY ,must eat both sessions.

i try to keep buget on buffet n cake. cos as long got food for them n cake to bring home, dun expect too much for the small AB given.

to me this shower must be done cos is both side 1st grand child

climsp

yah agree, watever action the follow is pointless... same here, I'll turned away and show him a disappointed face and go into the room and cry... sometimes, maybe he felt my disappointment or heard me crying, he'll come and 'sayang me'... after that it's forgive and forget..
u must cry loud so he hear u lo?? next time i cry i must sure he hear it. hahaha.
hubby say i getting weaker n more emotional, like not the strong girl he know...cos i use to do/handle thing myself, i dun need any helps, or cry if thing dun work out. nowadays i always ask for help or sad/cry over little stuff.. anyway forgive n forget.

counting down to my ML, hope baby will be out on 37week. i very weak n tired already.

esoterice

I hope mine will be out on week 38. so I can enjoy one week of holiday by myself. Already plan to go eat buffet and tim sum. haha..

Smurfete

seem like mine is on the big side..1.9 at 32 week. feel like he got no space to move much inside my small bump.
My boy is 2kg at week 33 and 2.2 at week 35. Doc says he is on the small side and expected to be less than 3kg at birth (40 weeks). She hopes he will not come out before week 40 as he is still small.

Tannie

RedDevil:639121 said:
Thanks ladies, I think partly because hubby not in Singapore also, that why I feel even worse
YAp I understand how u feel too, I keep crying when my hubby is away for biz trip n is not his first trip. Thou I went to stay over at my mum place, I Still cry every nite when he call... I cannot stand myself bt I can't help it...

Tannie

cupcakemum:639189 said:
Good morning ladies :)

Have you bought nipple cream? Wondering which brand to get..any recommendations pls?
I got pigeon brand as most things I bog r pigeon brand... ke ke...

Rukia

u must cry loud so he hear u lo?? next time i cry i must sure he hear it. hahaha.
hubby say i getting weaker n more emotional, like not the strong girl he know...cos i use to do/handle thing myself, i dun need any helps, or cry if thing dun work out. nowadays i always ask for help or sad/cry over little stuff.. anyway forgive n forget.

counting down to my ML, hope baby will be out on 37week. i very weak n tired already.
I think pregnancy cause us to be more dependent and emotional. I use to do alot of things by myself as well. Nowadays I prefer my hubby sayang me and help me...kekeke

Even watching some dramas will bring on the tears. There were a few times, my hubby turned and looked at me in disbelief, crying while watching the drama. Haha! Then he will ask if I want to switch channels...