EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Mummies - what's the fastest natural remedy for sore throat?

Woke up at 530am and felt a bit scratchy on the throat :( now drinking hot honey, hope it goes away as I really don't want to take antibiotics. Wonder if lozenges is safe.

I forgot to pump at 2am and slept right thru to 530am and only woke up after I found my nursing gown, bra and nursing pad soaked with milk! :( think I lost some 50-60ml there
Try hot honey with lemon or
Manuka honey :) You didn't let your baby latch on at night? How often do u need to wake up to pump each night?

Rukia

I am curious, how does your gyn know that u can get pregnant easily??
When he did the ultrasound (vaginal) he scanned both my ovaries and said there were a lot of follicles (black circles on the ultrasound screen) and that apparently is an indicator. So both ovaries have many follicles my womb is also back in place now.
Oic. I am due for my checkup in july. Btw, i am just wondering if any of your gyn package include the followup and pap smear? Or must pay separately?

Rzena

Wah why need 1.15hrs for bottle feed? She suck slowly?

Anyway saw ur gal's pic Meilynn, she's such a beautiful angel! :)

Finally can grab some sleep. Bottle feed my gal wif EBM yet still took me 1.15 hours. Tired.

Btw, the Facebook site is not secured So watever comments I made will be reflected on my newsfeed. Gotta be cautious incase I complain abt my mil n the whole works knows. Scary

Rukia

Woke up at 530am and felt a bit scratchy on the throat :( now drinking hot honey, hope it goes away as I really don't want to take antibiotics. Wonder if lozenges is safe.

I forgot to pump at 2am and slept right thru to 530am and only woke up after I found my nursing gown, bra and nursing pad soaked with milk! :( think I lost some 50-60ml there
I had sorethroat twice during confinement. I took the purple colour lozenges (max lozenges, i think) when i had sorethroat.

Rzena

I also get very dry throat in the nights. Think coz of breastfeeding, really need to replenish lots of body fluids. Realise if i drink before i sleep, and plus a cup each time i wake up to feed my boy, the problem gets alleviated.

climsp

Climsp - u can make the group as private/closed or secret (instead of a page). This means the group is restricted and needs approval from the group admin and whatever is posted in there will not be reflected on newsfeed -- I have a few of such groups with friends. Haha
Okok think after new member added in the page I will add as friend then add into group!!

Rzena

Actually are we in the fb group already? We only clicked 'liked' and commented on the page, but the page is not under my 'groups' leh.

milkshake

Try hot honey with lemon or
Manuka honey :) You didn't let your baby latch on at night? How often do u need to wake up to pump each night?
Didn't let her latch as my CL ask me to rest. So she fed baby with EBM. I normally wake up once or twice during the night to pump depending on when my last pump was. My last pump last night was at 8pm so all the milk accumulated until I discovered my top was soaking wet at 530am :/

twentydec

add me please! heheh

Climsp - u can make the group as private/closed or secret (instead of a page). This means the group is restricted and needs approval from the group admin and whatever is posted in there will not be reflected on newsfeed -- I have a few of such groups with friends. Haha

Meilynn

Ladies, I barely slept 2 hours last night. Hubby down wif flu n throat infection so I sleep alone wif Bb. Fed her at ard 10pm, 1.30am, 430am n 545am. She drink n fell asleep within 15 mins so per feeding session very tedious n long.

Since first night wif my gal, I was really scared tt I slept thru wifout hearing her needs. Thus, ended up waking up n checking on her very often.

Can I ask if your Bb make noises or cry out during their nite sleep? My gal cry out or make noises every few mins do I got worried. Wonder if she get any quality sleep. Mummy def din't.

Now feeling so tired n nipples sored from all her latching

twentydec

perhaps u can opt for ebm and feed her using bottle. I fed my girl 100 ml, that would last her at least 4 hrs. so her last feed is usually btw 11-12 and she would wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning. I stopped latching her at night. it's tiring as I'm the only person caring for her. usually if I'm so worn out, I would get my husband to help and I'd slept through.

Ladies, I barely slept 2 hours last night. Hubby down wif flu n throat infection so I sleep alone wif Bb. Fed her at ard 10pm, 1.30am, 430am n 545am. She drink n fell asleep within 15 mins so per feeding session very tedious n long.

Since first night wif my gal, I was really scared tt I slept thru wifout hearing her needs. Thus, ended up waking up n checking on her very often.

Can I ask if your Bb make noises or cry out during their nite sleep? My gal cry out or make noises every few mins do I got worried. Wonder if she get any quality sleep. Mummy def din't.

Rzena

I did the same as twentydec, feed ebm at night. I latch him only in the day. He takes 100ml every 3 hrs. Usually he will make some sucking or light crying noises close to his feeding time and i take that as the cue to heat up the ebm for him. After finishing his milk he will just continue slping till his next feed.