EDD Oct 2013

TVH

I think it's psychological for me. Cos I read we shdnt lie on our backs in case our uterus compresses a major vein that could b potentially dangerous. I try lying on my left side whenever I rest but yest went facial so bo bian, have to lie flat. That's when I felt my uterus became rock hard all of a sudden. It is like there is a stone in there. I just read more on Braxton hicks and many sites mention that our uterus has been contracting since week 7. We only feel it now becos our uterus is bigger. Braxton hicks is like rehearsal for the actual contractions when we go into labour...haha....such things also got rehearsal one...

I also still have on and off pulling sensations that I feel ard my groin area, it feels like a sudden pull from inside or a sudden jolt. I just dismiss it that it is just round ligament pain.

littlej

Tvh - when you go for facial - ask the therapist to pull up the chair / bed slightly - so you are not lying flat. Also you can ask for a pillow to put behind the hollow of your back so again it is not akin to lying flat. Erm - that is the standard practice for my facial place - they do this for all pregnant women cuz of the "no lying on the back" policy.

I get the slight twitch below uterus too. And sudden pain at the ribs below my breast. My gynae said it is the womb expanding.. And he told me putting on too much weight will aggravate the situation. So that is a big hint for me to put on weight gradually.

Hey Mary - instead of amnio - my gynae told me to go for the materni t21 test which is not invasive and no danger to the baby. It takes the blood from the mum and sent for analysis. Apparently 99% accurate. But this test is ex - much more than amnio. I didnt go for the test eventually.

chocobell

Hahas. Thanks all mommies for the assurance.

You know whenever i feel unwell, i will come here and check is it normal. Once everyone assure me, the pain will just disappear. :p

Joyfulmum - u know dr Chan's package rate right? Dr Chang is half price - really half, 50%off. But like I said, dr Chang told my hubby we cannot switch... Now my hubby wants to go ask dr chan if dr chan can give us permission to see dr Chang... I told my old man forget it lah... Scarcely piss off one and the other dun wanna take you in... My hubby feels that dr chan is a bit ya ya (proud)... And dr Chang is more down to earth. Btw I did some googling - seems like dr Chang dun take transfer patients?!?

And wait - mini bus to get to the valeted car at tmc?!? *faint* maybe another reason to stay with dr chan :)

On antenatal classes - my hubby almost fainted when I told him he has to attend at least 4 out of the 6 classes at tmc. He was like cant he just attend the taking care of baby part = 1 class. But I told him the lady at parentcraft centre said need him for the first 3 lessons cuz there are joint exercises to be done hence need a partner?!? Mistake to have told him that cuz he's now even more sian about it. I am wondering if I can skip the exercises part so I can excuse my hubby from those lessons... Anyone knows?? My yoga instructor will also be giving a 2 hour workshop on those joint breathing exercises for delivery which is the one I wanna sign up for me and hubby for... Hmm...
Hi littlej, many husband thought that only the women give birth they can't do anything. Infact, man has a part to play. They can learn to support you not just physically be there but also provide emotional support. Act like a doula who knows how to calm a panic wife during labor and birth. If he can do a good job, chances are you will be able to birth without epidural or much medical intervention. This is what my husband learnt from Natural Childbirth Classes that teaches us methods to relax. After all, birth is a family event.

CYin

Hi all mummies,
I havent got time to log-in for almost a month... so much has been going on here! Just drop by to say hi to everyone..

I found out during my 16 week scan that I will be having a boy too! Been soo busy with work for the past month sometimes I just feel guilty for not giving much time to read up and just planning and shopping for my baby.. :(

TVH

I'm doing research now on baby strollers, cat seats and playards. So many varieties hw to decide. Yest I went Robinsons, the range of what they have scares me. I stood in front of the stroller sections and I felt like crying.

CYin

TVH, don't over stress yourself, we still have few months to look around and decide. Maybe get your hubby to help with all the research as well?

i know what u mean TVH... i play cheat.. just leave it to the husband. for me, looks nice can already... haha.

Feeling quite emo now, was at my in laws today and since tmr is my detailed scan all they were concerned abt is if will find out baby's gender. keep asking my hubby if will find out tmr... he just keep telling them its a fetal anomaly scan. then all the aunties continue in dialect trying to decipher my tummy. as if i dun know... so irritating!!

ok enough venting... super excited to see my baby tmr!!!

enjoy the rest of the evening everyone, tmr may the monday blues stay away and mummies and babies have a great day!

i know what u mean TVH... i play cheat.. just leave it to the husband. for me, looks nice can already... haha.

Feeling quite emo now, was at my in laws today and since tmr is my detailed scan all they were concerned abt is if will find out baby's gender. keep asking my hubby if will find out tmr... he just keep telling them its a fetal anomaly scan. then all the aunties continue in dialect trying to decipher my tummy. as if i dun know... so irritating!!

ok enough venting... super excited to see my baby tmr!!!

enjoy the rest of the evening everyone, tmr may the monday blues stay away and mummies and babies have a great day!
My detailed scan is tmrl too! All the best!

Just ignore the comments. Some of the older generations are still habouring 重男轻女's mentality. Some are just as excited and curious. Whatever impt is that baby is healthy.

So glad to see baby again!

TVH

oh mums the word and hopingforamiracle, all the best for the scan tomorrow! :)
I'm still eagerly waiting for mine in 3 weeks time. Seems like such a loooooong time...

Ya my hubby has volunteered to research the strollers and car seat, I take care of the playpen. I'm glad for that :)

joyfulmum

Hello mummies.. my detailed scan still weeks away..lonng long wait.
Can feel tummy getting itcher n itcher, and my nausea comes in on n off together with headaches..argh...

littlej

Oooo - enjoy your detailed scan for those who are doing it tmr!!

I'm just leaving to my man to decide on the stroller and cot and car seat. My only request is, nice looking and safe :) For stroller - additional requests include need to be portable, light, can fit into car, can be used for travelling (thinking ahead :p), easily managed by me and me only (I assumed there are times when my husband won't be around). So for the above, I have ruled out stokke and the similar ones cuz these are just too bulky and I need to remove everything in the boot just to fit the pram, and I don't think I can manage it on my own - pretty heavy and it requires a more complicated folding process.

june83

Morning everyone,

Alot of baby boys here... Did my detail scanning last fri, finally confirm is a baby girl. Haha..

huiqin83

does anyone know how often are suppose to feel bb movement now? I felt it quite a number of times everyday, but this morning i still haven feel anytin. usually morning i get 1-2 times feeling. worries me ...

Oooo - enjoy your detailed scan for those who are doing it tmr!!

I'm just leaving to my man to decide on the stroller and cot and car seat. My only request is, nice looking and safe :) For stroller - additional requests include need to be portable, light, can fit into car, can be used for travelling (thinking ahead :p), easily managed by me and me only (I assumed there are times when my husband won't be around). So for the above, I have ruled out stokke and the similar ones cuz these are just too bulky and I need to remove everything in the boot just to fit the pram, and I don't think I can manage it on my own - pretty heavy and it requires a more complicated folding process.
I think you would need to check with the salesperson on strollers that could be open and close using one hand (as your another hand would be carrying your precious)... I understand combi has something like that..but it has been so long since i require a stoller...so not very updated...heheh

TVH

My gynae just confirmed I'm having a boy :)
Seems like many are having boys...

I've been feeling alot of movement in my lower abdomen yest...maybe because I'm down with flu and took medication. The little one is like very restless inside me, I can feel it tossing and turning. Today the u/s also showed that he keeps moving his hands too. Restless baby. I heard my friend say that if you want to feel fetal movement, take a sip of cold water, it works for her. Maybe can try? Just a sip will do.

natalie, I'm looking for that kind too. I don't want anything too heavy as I cannot manage alone if my hubby isn't around to help me with the stroller. Everything is so ex though. My hubby just got a second hand infant car seat. One thing settled, more things to go.