EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

erlina040

My girl cannot fall asleep on her own.. So far still depend on yao lan to make her sleep and then shift her to the bed after feeding, which makes her quite sleepy.. Sometimes in the middle of night she suddenly wake up and refuse to sleep, will bring in the portable yao lan and rock her to sleep.. Somehow, she doesn't like to be carried to sleep, mayb it's hot..

The longest she can go without milk is 5 hours.. Hmm, but, always need milk every 3 hours. I think it's fine for now coz not working yet and as long as she is growing well, i can wake up for her feed.. But, when feb comes, I hope she can sleep thru, if not, will be tough, esp when hubby and me need to reach work place by 7am..

My girl still doesn't like refrigerated BM. Only take freshly expressed milk or formula milk without squirming.. Also dunno how once I go back to work..

justamom

meltie:730688 said:
Hey justamom! I haven't done it alone w bb! So far always w hubby or mil driving and i'm behind coaxing bb in her carseat.. can't imagine if she has to sit alone at the back..maybe she has to go out more to get used to it... my mummy frens all can do it alone! Pei fu! They keep encouraging me to just do it.. cry den cry...
Meltie I'm nt Sure if I can take bb's cries behind the carseat.. would b dangerous if were to b stocked in a jam.. stressed n dangerous I guess..maybe shd try nx wk..

ahwang

Looks like pacifier is the weapon. But my boy is losing interest in pacifier he used.his fingers to pull it out sometimes, when he accept it pacifier but drops off he will cry.

erlina040

Same.. My girl will reject the pacifier everytime we try to put it in. Only after some struggle, she will accept. But, once it drop out, she will cry and have to re-coax her again.. But, it does help her to feel sleepy when she suck the pacifier..

meltie

hey justamom, i guess some babies will feel unfamiliar and will cry and cry.. but we gotta still drive safe and let it be.. there was once my gal cried like mad throughout the journey home from gleneagles.. somemore mil took the wrong road and took double the time.. i was pek chek that she did not wanna listen to my directions and decide to stick to what she os familiar with.. end up bb cried for abt 20mins and lost voice n fell aslp.. but reached home soon after that and woke her up when carrying her upstairs.. sighh

i always tell my hubby don't speed or let bb's cry affect our driving.. gotta maintain composure n drive safe! :p just need to shut our ears and condition bb.. hmm usualy my bb gives up n sleep after awhile.. though she hates for the car to stop...

It looks like pacifier helps alot ? but my bb still can't take it... :/ I still haven't work out what happens when i need to go back to work.. sighhh so sian thinking of that.. 1stly bb needs to accept bottle (need hubby to re-intro, but he's still abit lazy to do it,. ended exams and say he tired so i let him rest yesterday.. dunno if he can try today.. but he say he needs to bring car to repair in the morn later... sigh how to bottle feed?? heard its worser to try at night as bb looks for comfort.. hubby going back to work next mon liao.. only this weekend to try bottle... not sure if will be successful.. so far pacifier already like killing her.. ) 2ndly, mil only say can relieve me for awhile during notice period as she is expecting me to quit.. i haven't make up my mind! Coz finances will be tough and we wanna shift house to a more accessible place with lift and carpark shelter.. without my income, super stretched, gotta pay alot of cash upfront on top of cpf..AND .. i cannot be rest assured of any other ppl taking care of bb.. so far mil visits almost everyday and carry bb for awhile while i eat lunch.. sigh she dropped burp cloth on the floor and picked up n use on bb .. bb got sensitive skin.. got rashes on chin n ard the mouth.. happened for 2 days liao.. i really susoect its burp cloth dirty.. now got ore red dots developing.. v bad ones under chin... so how can i be assured bb is in gd hands? still gotta train her n her maid for diaper change, bathe and feeding... stressed.....

What kind of arrangements do u mummies have when u go back to work? How u train ur bb? Do u wake up to feed n bathe bb first den drop at nanny/babysitter/mil/infantcare? does it mean gotta wake uo super early? coz aft that gotta settle own washup and go to work too... i'm dreading start of work... :/

meltie

Oh now i hardly carries or pat bb to sleep... Just put her on bed put paci.... Abt 15mins she'll fall asleep om her own
now daytime she naps at most 1hr. Will put her at playgym or just mattress... Luckily got ppl at home to help play with her. When meal times sometimes we put her at bouncer let her join in... Experience e family meal time tgt lol
Hey Dor, great that ur bb can slp on her own! Mine needs rocking in bouncer.. hmm naps only ard 10-15mins between feed and will wake up again n again..

moh ya i always practice putting her with me during lunch in bouncer or at night dinner w hubby, she'll be at the side of table.. train her to sit tog to eat.. but she's abit too low... sometimes i put in stroller to train her too... waiting for the day she car sit on a high chair n participate!

Pinky32

Meltie, my bb boy started infant care at MyFirstSkool on tuesday. I'm sending him there morning around 10am after I feed him as he usually wakes up around 9am. Then I will bring him back home ~2-3pm. Plan to send him 3x a week and 4-5hrs this month for him to get use to the teachers and new environment.
I will be starting work in January and sending him there ~8am before I go off for work. The infant care will feed and bath/change him, so will just carry him there in his pyjamas.

ahwang

Hi meltie, I will wake bb up to feed if after 15-30min pass feeding schedule. But most of the time he wakes up by himself. My bb seldom cry for milk now as he seems to know that he will get his milk regularly. This helps in reducing his colic as less crying. I don't let him nap for more than 2 hrs in the day as to tell him daytime is short nap night time is long sleep. I shower him in the morning more or less ard the time depending on what time He wakes and finish his milk as can't shower immediately after feeding, I try to wait abt 45 min later and ensure he burp and no hiccup then shower.
I also dread gg to work ! wonder how to cope with lack of sleep if my bb continues nightwaking. My boy will be in infant care after I start work. Lucky to got a place as I only place deposit in novemeber for Feb intake next yr . As initially is to hire a maid for mil to help look after. But can't get any suitable maid so put in infant care instead.

Thanks eeneyminey! I think based on ur description, my bb has both! she got reflux and indigestion coz he pukes before and after! She will continue spitting out milk even after an hr or more after her feed.. sometimes just before she cry for milk, she'll puke some out.. hmm my doc suggestsd for me to control her feeds, but she has rejecte bottle since.. and she will always cry when not enough.. she has a habit of latching v long... stop her and she will wail..

She's on biogaia twice daily.. i'm taking probiotics (LactoGG) too.. maybe lacteol fort is a gd idea.... how to feed? through syringe or thru bottle?

i have biogaia on standby too, thought of trying it on her once i finish of with lacteol fort. i use syringe to feed, mix half sachet with 2ml of water and feed her slowly. preferrable before feeding time. u can do it twice daily, if condition better i just feed her once daily. now i feed her once every other day. i'm on my 2nd box of lacteol fort alrd..

i've tried tuina also. u may wanna try that. it doesnt work on my gal but i heard it does help on other baby. controlling ur feed is also a good way. but since ur bb rejects bottle it will be very hard to control her when latching. during day time, i bottle feed ebm and my mum told me she never even drip out anything at all, always finish off her milk too. the only prob is after work, she will cry for the boobie and she will latch long and just keep drinking and drinking the milk for the sake of suckling i think. so after latching, she will vomit for sure.. and it will be the fresh milk that she just drank, liquid type not those clumpy ones.. sighz..

purpur

Haiz, I wish my bb can go infant care too . . but I couldn't get him a place nearby all fully taken. no choice I hire a maid to help out still in process of paperwork hope can arrive latest by end Dec .. if not I gt no time to train her n c her ways of taking care of my bb .. oso stressed scare she will bully bb or handle him roughly although there r ppl at hme wif her but can't supervise her 24/7 oso .. pray hard for a Gd one which is sensible n doesn't need Mus guidance!

Uttmama

Any mummies ever brought baby out pass their sleep time? Does it affect your baby's schedule? I have a function to attend on Monday and we are to go with our family. Planning to bring my baby but the event is starting right at the same time he is suppose to be resting for the day!

Yeah I do go out everyday cos I'd be so bored at home! And my baby naps in Manduca v well. She still somehow sleeps at night. Her naps are not that long in Manduca. She wakes and falls back asleep. But from 3 after her feeding she usually stays awake. Till bedtime at 7. Abt there. Sometimes cat nap at 4.30 but from 3-7 is her most awake period. Bath at 6.45. Feed. Then sleep. She usually fussed till she finally sleeps at 8. Dream feed at 11

wahhh... u go out with bb everyday?!?! omg so envy u!! my bb used to be okay with manduca, and she fell asleep inside super duper long too!! but nowadays dunno why she kept fussing in it. i used ring sling she will be okay.. sighz..

how i wish i can bring out bb to go shop or high tea but recently she is very very cranky outside.. last time i brought her to vivo she cried and fuss blardy murder as if i'm torturing her.. haihh..

erlina040

My girl gg circumcise today.. So worry for her.. Haiz, cannot object as hubby is Malay.. Hope everything will be ok.. Heart pain..

Hubby just told me to call the bb sitter to inform her that we will bring bb over to her starting 2 Jan 13.. I'm so depressed after the call! I've been taking care of bb on my own 24/7 (except the 3 weeks with CL) and now I have to go back to work! Even though it is still 4 weeks plus away but I'm feeling blue oredi! I miss my girl oredi! Gosh, tink I'm a possessive mummy.. I dun trust anybody but ME taking care of my girl.. But hubby says it is a 100% NO for me to be SAHM.. No pay leave oso can't.. Sighz.. Depressed!

And my milk supply is falling again! I oredi tried pumping every 3hr but each pump generate a pathetic amount.. Wat is wrong?! How can I start my milk bank for the bb sitter? After I go back work I can onli pump at most once during lunch time.. How to have enuff milk for my girl like tat? Sobz..

lingz.. totally understand ur feeling. the night before i started working again, i feel like crying and i feel as if my bb is being taken away from me. i used to be with her 24/7 and now suddenly only can see at night.. sighz.. the first week of work, i rushed home during lunch time whenever possible, to pump and to latch her a while.. i only get to spend 5mins with her because lunch hour also got limit and i still have to count pumping time and travelling time.. but to see her solely for that 5mins totally relieved my stress..

maybe ur ss dropped because u are stress and unsettle?? ss can drop too if ur mind and body not relax or happy and believe it or not, mood does play a big big part on ur ss.. at least that is what happen to me..

i'm now on my 2nd week of working alrd, forced myself not to come home everytime during lunch hour to avoid being late to report back to work and get complains from boss n colleagues. my proposal to be SAHM also rejected.. sighz.. but i also understand why i have to keep working. i wanna have my own money to freely buy things for my bb.. if i do that, hubby got no say or complain.. if i use his money, he will sure make face even if no sound made.. lolz..

i will just keep thinking the best part.. seeing her after work and listening to her making bb sounds as soon as she sees me is what that keep me going.. hahhahaa..

hey justamom, i guess some babies will feel unfamiliar and will cry and cry.. but we gotta still drive safe and let it be.. there was once my gal cried like mad throughout the journey home from gleneagles.. somemore mil took the wrong road and took double the time.. i was pek chek that she did not wanna listen to my directions and decide to stick to what she os familiar with.. end up bb cried for abt 20mins and lost voice n fell aslp.. but reached home soon after that and woke her up when carrying her upstairs.. sighh

i always tell my hubby don't speed or let bb's cry affect our driving.. gotta maintain composure n drive safe! :p just need to shut our ears and condition bb.. hmm usualy my bb gives up n sleep after awhile.. though she hates for the car to stop...

It looks like pacifier helps alot ? but my bb still can't take it... :/ I still haven't work out what happens when i need to go back to work.. sighhh so sian thinking of that.. 1stly bb needs to accept bottle (need hubby to re-intro, but he's still abit lazy to do it,. ended exams and say he tired so i let him rest yesterday.. dunno if he can try today.. but he say he needs to bring car to repair in the morn later... sigh how to bottle feed?? heard its worser to try at night as bb looks for comfort.. hubby going back to work next mon liao.. only this weekend to try bottle... not sure if will be successful.. so far pacifier already like killing her.. ) 2ndly, mil only say can relieve me for awhile during notice period as she is expecting me to quit.. i haven't make up my mind! Coz finances will be tough and we wanna shift house to a more accessible place with lift and carpark shelter.. without my income, super stretched, gotta pay alot of cash upfront on top of cpf..AND .. i cannot be rest assured of any other ppl taking care of bb.. so far mil visits almost everyday and carry bb for awhile while i eat lunch.. sigh she dropped burp cloth on the floor and picked up n use on bb .. bb got sensitive skin.. got rashes on chin n ard the mouth.. happened for 2 days liao.. i really susoect its burp cloth dirty.. now got ore red dots developing.. v bad ones under chin... so how can i be assured bb is in gd hands? still gotta train her n her maid for diaper change, bathe and feeding... stressed.....

What kind of arrangements do u mummies have when u go back to work? How u train ur bb? Do u wake up to feed n bathe bb first den drop at nanny/babysitter/mil/infantcare? does it mean gotta wake uo super early? coz aft that gotta settle own washup and go to work too... i'm dreading start of work... :/
meltie.. i think rather than trusting ur bb to a nanny is better for ur mil to take care? at least it's family. but if u can find a nanny that u can really trust then no harm on it too..

for me, i try to alternate between my mum n mil to take care of bb while i'm working. hoping to maintain the schedule at least until she can enter child care, i think around 1.5 yo?

i think i'm the worse, i got no schedule to my bb.. day time sometimes she will sleep alot, sometimes not.. when i reach home, she will latch on me, that will be around 7pm. then on and off sleeping until 12pm, latch again and she will sleep around 1.. then sometimes at 3am wake up, my mum will bottle feed her. sometimes she can sleep thru until 5, then i will wake up and latch her. everyday i only sleep 4hrs max!! quite shagged coz i still have to work.. but dunno why i dun feel as drained as i expect i will be..

all these timings bb set herself, i really never insisted on a schedule for her. mil used to tell me to feed bb 3hourly and she did scheduled bb's feeding for over a week. but i feel more at ease to feed on demand because my bb already drink so little to begin with, somemore she got vomitting problem. if i feed her on scheduled like so poor thing.. so whenever she wanna feed, i will latch her 24/7. but now that i'm working, i think my mum try to schedule her feed to be 2hourly unless she's sleeping..

erlina040

Ya, I think not compulsory but best to have.. I can't imagine her going through, especially when I bathed her this morning. She was so cheery and happy.. Thinking about her screams and cries later just make me super heart pain.

Kary2500

It's been a few days since I came on the forum and this forum is moving soo fast just managed to read up on all the posts :)

Reiann I was at marina square yday hahaha and was in the nursing room twice cos we spent so much time there..

Erlina - how do they circumcise girls? Never knew this could be done always heard about boys being circumcised...

Hubby n I went Christmas shopping yday and the only one who completed her set of shopping was the little princess.. Plus my boobs have become so big that its soo difficult to actually find clothes for me that make my boobs look nice lol.. From where do all you buy your nursing bras?? I want the underwire bras and I'm just not able to find good ones.

I got back from my holiday in India on Tuesday night and now my baby's sleeping schedule has gone haywire, she's sleeping India time but its so late here.. And I need to sleep at 9 on the clock irrespective which country I'm in so tiring..

I'm gonna be leaving Singapore :((( sigh soo very sad about it.. My hubby's expat contract ends on Dec 31st and we r gonna move to Uk next year, so till the visas get done for us we r moving back to India on the 21st of dec to stay with my mil.. Feeling extremely sad that I'm gonna be leaving this lovely country..

Really looking forward to meeting all of you on the 19th..

Oh I put my baby on her stomach to sleep for the first time today and she's been sleeping for the past half an hour so soundly.. If this works I'm gonna make her sleep this way.. My baby has started turning side ways and almost flipping on to her stomach but her hand keep coming in the way.. She seems a little fast with everything.. This morning I was making coo coo sounds n she was tryin to imitate me but jus her saliva wa coming out.. I have to go for her vaccines on Saturday just hoping it goes well n there's no fever, also hoping she has gained decent weight. She seems so tiny to me and when I measured her at home she's 5.6kgs dunno if that's normal..