First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

littlehelper

Re: 1st bday to celebrate or not?

hmm.. don't need to celebrate on the actual day i guess.
Can celebrate in advance or a few days after.According to your preference.I personally feel its better to be before.
Its ok.Hp camera should be good enough.Only thing is that if you print it out may not be as clear.Depends on the pixel of your phone.
As for the cake, if you can bake, you can bake your own small cake and modify recipe so that it is healthier and suits baby.
If not can order.
Nice that your girl enjoys animals then probably she will enjoy her trip to the zoo especially if its her first time going there.
Not true that they won't be able to remeber anything.I can remember somethings that i did when i was young but not clear at all.Anw, it would be good if you are able to tell her about things she did when she was small when she grows up :D/
I've seen it somewhere before.. (not sure where) Remeber seeing someone selling cakes suitable for kids.

PS.-I bake, if you want i can help you bake a cake for your little girl not fanciful kind but healthy....Can pm me if you want.

annie

thanks alot for the offer! i thought of baking her a cake myself too as i love baking hehe. n i staying at japan... thus cant get your help.. i often bake her cookies, muffins n pancakes etc etc.. i guess if i were to bake my own cake (without the cream), then it will not be very differnet from those things that i usually bake for her snacks? i try to find out if there is any bb cakes in japan hehe

diymummy

My friend had a small celebration, just invited close friends and family. Had a simple buffet and played a cute game. He got everyone to vote what his son will be when he grew up then took the items and put on the table for the baby to pick. Hahaha. Just for the fun of it. He also used his Haenim play yard to set up a small play area where other babies of his friends can go in and play with his son. He rented or borrowed slides and some toys to put in that area. He had the event in his condo function room.

Ting

for me, i invited my close frens n relatives to my home.
my aunt cooked some food, n i bought her a big bday cake.
think she was clueless abt what's happening too.
but she enjoyed cos everyone was gg gaga over her, n she received many toys!
if u want, can do the same, just a small event.
or u n your hubby can bring her out, buy her a small cake, for memory sake.
afterall, its her first birthday!

annie

but then the commercial bday cakes are not that good for babies right? due tothe ingredients.. im sure they taste nicer but then unhealthy.. i wonder if i should buy or bake my own... if i buy, hubby n me can eat together with her. if i bake, hubby sure wont eat cos sure not nice whahahha

snowbear

I had a really small bday celebration for alicia - only celebrated with my side of the family (that's like less than 15pp coz my cousin whose bday falls on the same day as alicia wanted his own outing with his family). Had a simple dinner at my mum's place then cut bday cake. :) I let alicia have a taste of the cake (it was a sinful durian cake but I only gave her the sponge cake part - no cream or durian!) but I think it was only a couple of mouths. Actually I dont think there's anything wrong with letting the kid have a few bites of the cake coz there won't be much damage done. It's better than making the rest of the people who're eating the cake suffer if I bought a 'healthy' baby birthday cake or a pretty-looking cake that tastes awful.

As it was also a wk day, my hubby took leave to spend the day with us. Was supposed to go to the zoo but the weather wasn't good so we went to the Science Centre instead. She enjoyed herself that day, whether it was the excursion or the play time at my mum's place. That's the most impt isn't it?

annie

wah your hubby so good! hmm... how i wish hubby can take leave on that day as well.. i got a few frens here who has kids as well.. wondering if can invite them over to my house but since its a weekday, their kids needs to go sch also..hmm...

snowbear

wah your hubby so good! hmm... how i wish hubby can take leave on that day as well.. i got a few friends here who has kids as well.. wondering if can invite them over to my house but since its a weekday, their kids needs to go sch also..hmm...
Have the celebration in the evening and end it by 9pm latest. I'm sure they wun be still at sch and it's early enuff for them to get enuff rest for sch the next day! :)

littlehelper

hahah oh yeah you live in Japan.
Nice that you enjoy baking.Bake a cake for her if you have the time then :D
If possible can even do it WITH her then can snap some pics.
(Let her play with ABIT of flour or water..)

jaclyn13

Re: Baby's 1st Birthday 2009

hey you can check namly lounge from kriston catering.
i done my rom over there. good venue i thought if you are not into chalet.
venue is free so long you use their catering
hi, can i check with you , is it the venue free? how long can we use?

how much u pay for the whole event?

Last edited:

exhq

1st Bday celebration

I'm currently planning my daughter's bday celebration..Some recommendations needed..

1) for a Baker
2) for a Balloonist

Pls let me know who you engage in and who does a good work.

THANKS!!!!

Ting

Re: 1st Bday celebration

baker?
as in bakery?
u can try pine gardens. i heard it is pretty good. im plannin to get pin's cake from there for her third birthday. :)

lonerjas

Re: Baby Gal's 1st Birthday!!! Need Help.....

I just did my gal de Bday too... finally over and done.. I ordered balloons from thr baby online shop and cake from e-creative online...

Just wanna make it simple as i gonna pop soon i cant manage too much lol

candy_ian

Re: 1st Bday celebration

pine garden's black forest cake is a hit but anyway the rest of the flavours r yummy too.. I've been eating them since young.. My mum stays ard there.

candy_ian

First Year birthday

i'm planning for my son's 1st birthday although super kiasu it's another 5 more months but since i'm staying home so might as well start planning.
looking for venues big enough to accomodote abt 70 ppl and area for kids to run n play. any suggestion?

Frenchkitty

Re: 1st birthday venues

I'm also super kiasu cos my son's birthday is next May.. another 7mths..
But I already thought of venue - Marriot hotel hi-tea buffet.
Now I just need to source for party deco and cake. :)