First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

Re: Any suggestions for bb 1st bd celebration?

Why not just spend the time going out to Sentosa, or the Zoo, make it a special event jus for ur baby n u n hubby...

snowbear

I'm also a sahm. :) What i'll be doing on my dd's bday next wk is simple: dh has taken leave and we'll be bringing dd to the zoo for the day. After that we'd adjourn to my mum's place to have a simple dinner with the close relatives and cut cake, take photos. That's all. I think it's simple and sweet. 1-year-olds also dunno how to appreciate a bday party so i'll only have a party for her when she learns to appreciate it. :)

stonston

I agree 1yo dunno how to appreciate bday party. my boy was clueless. he onli enjoyed the presents :)

but on his 2nd bday, he understood! he knew how to sing birthday song, he love to blow out the candles and he enjoyed so many ppl at his party playing with him!

i tink u can save on the first bday and splurge on 2nd bday :) hee!

my parents splurge on my son's full month n first bday cos he's the one & onli grandson at the moment. most precious. when stingy mummy n daddy dun wanna pay, ah gong n ah ma step in and pay :p

2nd bday i realise he understand bday parties already, i decided to splurge :p

stonston

Re: Recommendation for 3D cakes for lst BD

i always order from Pine Gardens. very satisfied. good flavour, nice designs and reasonable price :)

mskathy

I'm also a stay at home mum. :) What i'll be doing on my dear daughter's bday next wk is simple: dear husband has taken leave and we'll be bringing dear daughter to the zoo for the day. After that we'd adjourn to my mum's place to have a simple dinner with the close relatives and cut cake, take photos. That's all. I think it's simple and sweet. 1-year-olds also dont know how to appreciate a bday party so i'll only have a party for her when she learns to appreciate it. :)
thanks dear.. this sound like a plan.. i also agree tat bb too young to appreciate.. this is only for us.. hehe

mskathy

I agree 1yo dont know how to appreciate bday party. my boy was clueless. he onli enjoyed the presents :)

but on his 2nd bday, he understood! he knew how to sing birthday song, he love to blow out the candles and he enjoyed so many ppl at his party playing with him!

i tink you can save on the first bday and splurge on 2nd bday :) hee!

my parents splurge on my son's full month and first bday cos he's the one & onli grandson at the moment. most precious. when stingy mummy and daddy dont wanna pay, gong and step in and pay :p
thou my girl is the only grandchild but unfortunately.. the one who will sayang her most- her grandma passed away a mth before she was born.. den mil does not exist so have to depend on ourselves liao.. really looking forward for her to sing.. her bd song.. :)

bellerichez

Re: Recommendation for 3D cakes for lst BD

i always order from Pine Gardens. very satisfied. good flavour, nice designs and reasonable price :)

Oh ya i heard its good too but this few days i tried going into their web and it seem like they are doing some re-construction leh cant go in at all.

Pine Garden's Cake
Blk 529 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
#01-2369/2329 Singapore 560529

snowbear

I agree 1yo dont know how to appreciate bday party. my boy was clueless. he onli enjoyed the presents :)

i tink you can save on the first bday and splurge on 2nd bday :) hee!

my parents splurge on my son's full month and first bday cos he's the one & onli grandson at the moment. most precious. when stingy mummy and daddy dont wanna pay, gong and step in and pay :p

We'll see how it goes when she's 2 years old!!! :tlaugh::tlaugh:

She was really excited the other day when i celebrated my dear husband's bday with him with a small slice of cake and a candle. Her eyes lit up when she saw the lighted candle!

Oppsgal

Just celebrate at home. Safer from all the virus. Get a cake + your hubby and bb take some pictures. Save $$ too.

crystal79

Hi mummies,

Isit possible to celebrate 4-5 days earlier for my daughter's 1st bday celebration ??? Heard from friend say that can only celebrate before or after 1 day of her actual bday.... isit true??? Pls advise?? ... Thanks.

Last edited:

apollo

i only heard can celebrate b4 but i dun think can celebrate after...

Ting

hihi.. could mummies share with me their baby 1st bd celebration? I'm at my wits as how to do it.. other than the house buffet or chalet.. any other things which we can do? I do not have a lot of budget as i'm stay at home mum..

for me, i celebrate at home with a mini party for my girl.
invited a few close frens n relatives.
mainly, my aunts cooked n prepared the food (as her bday pressie so i didnt hv to pay).
i just bought a big cake for her.
she was happy enuf with all the attention from the guests n also the pressies she received.:)
but still, she was quite clueless what it's all about.
only her second bday she know abt birthday then she enjoyed it more.
:)

Ting

Hi mummies,

Isit possible to celebrate 4-5 days earlier for my daughter's 1st bday celebration ??? Heard from friend say that can only celebrate before or after 1 day of her actual bday.... isit true??? Pls advise?? ... Thanks.

up to individual ba, actually whether u r supertitious?
i also heard not good to celebrate after the actual day, but what reason, i hv no idea.
personally, i think its fine ba. :)

Madako

First Birthday

Am planning for my girl's 1st birthday this coming Sep.
Heard there are some old sayings that we can let them pick some items.
And those items can tell what will they be when they grow up.

ANy idea what are the items?
Anyone with the full complete list?

I only know there are pen, book, abacus,....
:nah:

Janice_88

Re: Where to celebrate- 1st Birthday........

Hi

perhaps you can try the playground at SAFRA Toa Payoh.. its indoor

Just to share.. I know there is one indoor playground for kids 3 yrs and above. entry fee is about 4plus only. adult is free.

Quite a nice environment for kids, clean and not so rowdy..

perhaps you all can try to bring your kids there? i believe kids would love to go there.

somemore there can also hold birthday parties too!

i also heard before that there are activities and courses and even parenting talks every month during weekends.. can enrich our parenthood while our kids are playing indoor.. that sounds so cool!

now i cant wait to go for their Children's day and Halloween Night party for kids!

Janice_88

Re: Where to celebrate- 1st Birthday........

Hi

perhaps you can try the playground at SAFRA Toa Payoh.. its indoor

Just to share.. I know there is one indoor playground for kids 3 yrs and above. entry fee is about 4plus only. adult is free.

Quite a nice environment for kids, clean and not so rowdy..

perhaps you all can try to bring your kids there? i believe kids would love to go there.

somemore there can also hold birthday parties too!

i also heard before that there are activities and courses and even parenting talks every month during weekends.. can enrich our parenthood while our kids are playing indoor.. that sounds so cool!

now i cant wait to go for their Children's day and Halloween Night party for kids!

I believe it would be a good place for u to hold your kids birthday party!!

Madako

Re: Planning for my gal's first birthday celebration

I heard from some elders that last time, they put out some items for the baby to pick on their 1st birthday. Items such as Calculators, book, pen, etc. ANyone have the full item list? and the meaning for these items?

mommyfizah

Baby's 1st Birthday Ideas..

Hi mommies,
can you please share your ideas on how you are celebrating/ have celebrated your baby's 1st birthday??
I m thinking of a Mickey Mouse themed party for my DS in a chalet. Any ideas of where to get reasonably priced party deco??
And does anyone know where to get a personalised birthday banner printed with his photo in it??
PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS...
WITH THANKS!! :red: