First Year birthday - Summary of all events planning/resources/locations for 1st bdae

sumeitoh

Planning for my gal's first birthday celebration

Hi, I m new here..
I have a baby girl (Magco, now 11 mths old). :)
Just wanna ask the 2008 mummies how u have celebrated/ going to celebrate your little darling's birthday?

pigletgal81

Re: Anyone know where can i buy birthday party stuff ??

I still got some lollipop leave from my DS birthday party. if you wan i can sell you cheap. pm me.

cui_er

Re: Anyone know where can i buy birthday party stuff ??

I saw a shop sellings lots of party stuff, think wholesale type, at Rocher Centre. But not sure if got carebears or not though, haha.

sweetbbgal

Re: Planning for my gal's first birthday celebration

hi im also planning for my gal in nov...but then hasnt hv any idea yet...hope more contribution from all mummies....thanks

smiley811

Re: help? birthday celebration

ya, actually he got 3 mini party. one for his close friend to our hose, next in school (a mini party- small catering and birthday cake), next in church. my boy like to celebrate birthday so thought celebrate three time since he is three this year but that does not mean next year 4 time. hehe. just that he is so dear to me, just give in to his request. that why total got 70 gift pack.

wow my adrenalin pump liao. i must go lei. wher is it exactly. ayo parking there expansive lei. dear hehe can do me a favour help me see if there are universal theme i mean something that both girl and boy can receieve . actually i was looking at piggy bank, coloring pencil or etc somehting more useful than snacks. i know a lot of mummy end up eating the snack rather than the children. hehe i am one. i tell my boy snakc not good for him and end up i eat and then fat loh..... so i thought get something more meaniful for the kids and at the same time help mummies not to get fat since cant eat.. hehee

btw THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO **** mucks********:tlaugh:

Hiyoh.... paiseh for this late reply huh... dunno if you have already bought your items...

I tell you ar... the OUB Building or Centre (I dunno what's the exact name wor but you come out from Raffles MRT station can see liao) Level 3 got 2 of these shops... selling all these cute cute stuff....

The colour pencils you mentioned only $1 per pack la (I saw the other time)... I am thinking of getting cheap Christmas presents for my friends' kids already lo... wahahaha... super kiasu...

sumeitoh

Hi sweetbbgal,
tat's fast.. u r planning already for yr gal's birthday already.. :)
i intend to hold it @ home.. i think better bah.. my gal tends to b abit tensed up when she is outside n considering her nap time etc..
i m in a dilema whether to hold the celebration @ noon / evening?
any mummies ve any input to tat?

Re: help? birthday celebration

Hiyoh.... paiseh for this late reply huh... dunno if you have already bought your items...

I tell you ar... the OUB Building or Centre (I dunno what's the exact name wor but you come out from Raffles MRT station can see liao) Level 3 got 2 of these shops... selling all these cute cute stuff....

The colour pencils you mentioned only $1 per pack la (I saw the other time)... I am thinking of getting cheap Christmas presents for my friends' kids already lo... wahahaha... super kiasu...

hi

my hubby found a lobang which sell the piggy bank for $0.95 hehe cheaper by value shop by 10Cents:tlaugh:

Im celebrating my gerl's Bday in July & started the planning since Jan09.
The party will start at 2pm.
Its advisable to start from 12noon- 3pm, if not later the baby might be cranky or agitated if you start in the evening.:nah:

If you are concern on the nap time, maybe u held the party at chalets/bungalows/country club suites. If ur baby feels tired/cranky, u can just bring her to the room for her to rest.

If u're thinking on how to get party supplies, u may view this web.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2474319.html?1242905407

Last edited:

liliank

Recommendation for 3D cakes for lst BD

Hi,
any recommendation for any cakes shops that sell nice and cheap 3D cakes for lst year old birthday. Also, where to get those small cute cupcake boxes as gifts for friends?? Anyone know??

Madako

How do you all celebrate the 1st birthday?
Buffet and invite friends & relatives?
Or Party at function rooms?
Or just celebrate in the family?
Please advise.

DodoTan

My son's 1st birthday is in Sept. My hubby and I decided not to have a party and he'll prob not enjoy it much. We're planning to bring him to underwater world or something, where there's lots to see for him. Then take lots of pictures and send them to family and friends.

jasobias

kid is not gonna remember his first bd.Its more for frens n relatives to come see him now tht he is 1,a definate milestone.Mine i had buffet at home so when son was sleepy he cld still sleep.N dont forget to take tonnes of pics coz its nice to look back when they r older n share it with them.

DodoTan

I agree that he won't remember his 1st birthday. Exactly why I'd rather bring my son out for the day instead of staying in all day. If we have a party/ buffet/ gathering, it'll likely be a really long day of being passed around with little attention from mummy and daddy. If we go out, which my son loves, he'll get all of mummy and daddy's attention all day.

I think he'll enjoy the latter more. Too many people wanting his attention seems to confuse my son. Plus, he doesn't like being passed around too much.

BbpHir3

i'll most probably be celebrating no. 2's first month together with DD's 1st year... any ideas wher can i hold the party? i'm sure tonnes of friends n family will be comin....
i'm wondering how much i would spend..........

lonerjas

hmm i have no choice but to hold at home leh. Have to hold 1 to 2 weeks before her actual bday oso cos my number 3 EDD falls on my DD bday.. Dunno will come on time or early so better do early. Somemore my tummy big big cant go where do wat oso HAiz. Poor DD my poor darling DD.

bellerichez

Re: Recommendation for 3D cakes for lst BD

Yiling cake shop, cheap and good cos at neighborhood area.
Jelly cake also not bad very cute.

mskathy

Any suggestions for bb 1st bd celebration?

hihi.. could mummies share with me their bb 1st bd celebration? I'm at my wits as how to do it.. other than the hse buffet or chalet.. any other things which we can do? I do not have a lot of budget as i'm sahm..